Praise the Man In Black, Jacob and, heck, even Sawyer’s luscious locks! Damon Lindelof is officially putting to good use his new three-year deal with Warner Bros. TV and (finally) returning to television.
The former Lost boss is HBO-bound to develop The Leftovers, Deadline reports, a new drama based on the 2011 novel by the same name. The project centers on a post-Rapture world and the people coping with having been left behind.
Lindelof will co-write and executive-produce the pilot with Leftovers author Tom Perrotta, and will also act as showrunner should HBO move forward with the series.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Childrens Hospital‘s Erinn Hayes has joined the cast of NBC’s fall comedy, Guys With Kids, where she’ll play the controlling ex-wife of Jesse Bradford’s character. The actress replaces Sara Rue, who played the part in the pilot but has since moved over to ABC’s new series, Malibu Country.
• Travis Fimmel (The Beast), Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee) and Katheryn Winnick (Bones) have joined the cast of Vikings, a scripted History series to be filmed in Ireland.
• Marin Hinkle (Two and a Half Men) has been made a series regular on NBC’s new midseason drama, Infamous, Deadline reports. She guest-starred in the primetime soap’s pilot — which follows a detective who, in order to solve a murder, goes undercover in the family she grew up with — as the wife of Tate Donovan’s character.
• Comedy Central has given the green light to three new comedian-centric series: The Untitled Anthony Jeselnik Show, a weekly, topical talk show; an untitled sketch-based series starring Amy Schumer; and The Ben Show, which finds Ben Hoffman conquering various life journeys.
• Travel Channel has renewed two of its original series, Hotel Impossible and Baggage Battles, for second seasons.
• No celebratory plans for the Fourth of July? TNT’s got you covered with a five-hour Dallas marathon. Beginning at 5/4c, catch up on the reboot’s first four episodes, leading up to an all-new installment at 9 pm.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?