Awkward Season 2 Preview: Broken Hearts, New Romances and Many Mortifying Moments!

Life is about to get more Awkward.

MTV’s comedy gem returns this Thursday (at 10:30/9:30c) with more embarrassing and heartbreaking moments for Jenna Hamilton — and plenty of cute boys! Our plucky heroine may have a boyfriend now, but that doesn’t mean the fight for her heart is over. And following last season’s carefrontation reveal — Lacey, how could you?! — the biggest attempt to win over Jenna will be battled right at home.

Video | Awkward Love Triangle Heats Up!

TVLine chatted with the entire cast to get Season 2 scoop, find out what awkwardness is in store and grill them on the most important question of all: Team Matty or Team Jake? Click through our character-by-character preview to re-enroll in Awkward High or jump right to your favorites:
JENNA | MATTY | JAKE | LACEY | KEVIN | SADIE | LISSA | MING | TAMARA | VAL | RICKY

Comments (28)

• Team Jake all the way!

Comment by Andie – June 28, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jake is the good guy, he treats Jenna like a princess. That’s how it’s meant to be played. Team Jake all the way.

Comment by Peeta – June 28, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes but being a good guy doesn’t mean she feels about him like she does Matty. She got with Jake with no break right after Matty. She didn’t break up with Matty because she doesn’t love him. She just doesn’t trust him right now even though he finally realized how wrong he was. I think that will definitely change.

Comment by Ashley – July 1, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jenna and Jake are a cute couple, but even though Jake does treat kindly, I think Jenna should choose Matty because Jenna really likes him!!!! And if not, why would she give up her virginity to Matty????

Comment by Joelli – September 19, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this show to come back! Such a pleasant surprise last summer. Between this and Teen Wolf, MTV has been steeping up it’s game with the original scripted programming. Oh, and Team Matty all the way! Yeah, Jake is the “nicer”, safer choice, but Jenna has much better chemistry and a stronger connection with Matty.

Comment by Krista – June 28, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I change my mind several times an episode. Jake is clearly better for her while Matty is too cowardly, but I think Jenna has more feelings for Matty. So excited for the new season!!!

Comment by Lauren – June 28, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im totally team Jake! I do like Matty but I love Jake and I love Jake and Jenna. And I do think jake is better for her but I do think she has stronger feelings for Marty. :( I just hope it works out between Jake and Jenna and that she doesn’t end up hurting him.

Comment by Gabby – June 28, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The wait it finally over!..Can’t wait for AWKWARD tonight!.

Comment by Jared – June 28, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Matty!

Comment by Kel – June 28, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Matty over here!

Comment by andreia – June 28, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right now I have to be Teak Jake; it’s funny that both actresses pick him for personal reasons too. :) Great show; hope it continues to surprise and charm.

Comment by Jess – June 28, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Jake! And who would have thought that MTV would have 2 great scripted summer shows?

Comment by tvaddict – June 28, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • team jake!

Comment by pri – June 29, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Matty!

Comment by K – June 30, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matty, because they really love each other. Matty finally realized he was being an idiot, and Jenna really loves him. She got with Jake right afterwards, and it was to protect her heart. He’s safe. Ultimately she belongs with Matty.

Comment by Ashley – July 1, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes completely agree!

Comment by lauryn – August 31, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m team Matty because he did meet her first and I think Jenna an jake should be best friends!

Comment by Lisa – July 2, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Matty! He loves Jenna so much more than Jake! And jenna loves him. Jake’s just a rebound. She just doesn’t know it yet.

Comment by Lola Watson – July 5, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM JAKE 120%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jake+jenna= :) <3 :D

Comment by elizabeth – August 9, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I first started watching the show I really wanted her to be with Matty but when I got a little deeper into the show I started to change my mind because jake made her feel really good about her and he wanted the whole wrold to know that he was with her even if people thought Jenna was a little weird so then I stared to believe that he loves her more than Matty did or ever would overall I think she loves jack but she’s in love with Matty so I think she should be jack

Comment by Shaye – August 12, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I first started watching the show I really wanted her to be with Matty but when I got a little deeper into the show I started to change my mind because jake made her feel really good about her and he wanted the whole wrold to know that he was with her even if people thought Jenna was a little weird so then I stared to believe that he loves her more than Matty did or ever would overall I think she loves jack but she’s in love with Matty so I think she should be Matty because that’s who she really wants jack might be a little sad but I think he’ll got over it knowing that his best friend had love for her first

Comment by Shaye – August 12, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matty all the way! Such a bad boy and now a good boy now that hes realized how dumb he was!

Comment by Mrswhite – August 23, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Matty can’t wait til Thursday’s

Comment by Bracefacekasja – September 16, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MATTYS FINALLY OVER THE HIDDEN LUST STAGE ! JENNA HE IS READY FOR THE LOVE(:

Comment by Bracefacekasja – September 18, 2012 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They could share. Now that would be AWKWARD. lol Just kidding. Team Matty all the way.

Comment by Justice – September 20, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So who did Jenna choose? Matty or Jake?

Comment by kerri – September 20, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Jenna wasn’t happy the she choose Matty since he’s more like Lacey ex-bf Ben. Another hand Jake is more better choice for Jenna since he treat her like a princess and can’t you all see Jake is more like Jenna father Kevin. :) I THINK SHE MADE THE WRONG CHOICE OF CHOOSING MATTY. HAHAHAH. I BELIEVE IN SEASON 3 SHE MIGHT GO BACK WITH JAKE SINCE HE’S MORE LIKE KEVIN JENNA FATHER..

Comment by Smile – September 21, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post