Awkward Season 2 Preview: Broken Hearts, New Romances and Many Mortifying Moments!

Life is about to get more Awkward.

MTV’s comedy gem returns this Thursday (at 10:30/9:30c) with more embarrassing and heartbreaking moments for Jenna Hamilton — and plenty of cute boys! Our plucky heroine may have a boyfriend now, but that doesn’t mean the fight for her heart is over. And following last season’s carefrontation reveal — Lacey, how could you?! — the biggest attempt to win over Jenna will be battled right at home.

Video | Awkward Love Triangle Heats Up!

TVLine chatted with the entire cast to get Season 2 scoop, find out what awkwardness is in store and grill them on the most important question of all: Team Matty or Team Jake? Click through our character-by-character preview to re-enroll in Awkward High or jump right to your favorites:
JENNA | MATTY | JAKE | LACEY | KEVIN | SADIE | LISSA | MING | TAMARA | VAL | RICKY

1. Andie says:

Team Jake all the way!

• Peeta says:

Jake is the good guy, he treats Jenna like a princess. That’s how it’s meant to be played. Team Jake all the way.

• Ashley says:

Yes but being a good guy doesn’t mean she feels about him like she does Matty. She got with Jake with no break right after Matty. She didn’t break up with Matty because she doesn’t love him. She just doesn’t trust him right now even though he finally realized how wrong he was. I think that will definitely change.

• Joelli says:

Jenna and Jake are a cute couple, but even though Jake does treat kindly, I think Jenna should choose Matty because Jenna really likes him!!!! And if not, why would she give up her virginity to Matty????

2. Krista says:

Can’t wait for this show to come back! Such a pleasant surprise last summer. Between this and Teen Wolf, MTV has been steeping up it’s game with the original scripted programming. Oh, and Team Matty all the way! Yeah, Jake is the “nicer”, safer choice, but Jenna has much better chemistry and a stronger connection with Matty.

3. Lauren says:

I change my mind several times an episode. Jake is clearly better for her while Matty is too cowardly, but I think Jenna has more feelings for Matty. So excited for the new season!!!

4. Gabby says:

Im totally team Jake! I do like Matty but I love Jake and I love Jake and Jenna. And I do think jake is better for her but I do think she has stronger feelings for Marty. :( I just hope it works out between Jake and Jenna and that she doesn’t end up hurting him.

5. Jared says:

The wait it finally over!..Can’t wait for AWKWARD tonight!.

6. Kel says:

Team Matty!

7. andreia says:

Team Matty over here!

8. Jess says:

Right now I have to be Teak Jake; it’s funny that both actresses pick him for personal reasons too. :) Great show; hope it continues to surprise and charm.

9. tvaddict says:

Team Jake! And who would have thought that MTV would have 2 great scripted summer shows?

10. pri says:

team jake!

11. K says:

Team Matty!

12. Ashley says:

Matty, because they really love each other. Matty finally realized he was being an idiot, and Jenna really loves him. She got with Jake right afterwards, and it was to protect her heart. He’s safe. Ultimately she belongs with Matty.

13. Lisa says:

I’m team Matty because he did meet her first and I think Jenna an jake should be best friends!

14. Lola Watson says:

Team Matty! He loves Jenna so much more than Jake! And jenna loves him. Jake’s just a rebound. She just doesn’t know it yet.

15. elizabeth says:

TEAM JAKE 120%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jake+jenna= :) <3 :D

16. Shaye says:

When I first started watching the show I really wanted her to be with Matty but when I got a little deeper into the show I started to change my mind because jake made her feel really good about her and he wanted the whole wrold to know that he was with her even if people thought Jenna was a little weird so then I stared to believe that he loves her more than Matty did or ever would overall I think she loves jack but she’s in love with Matty so I think she should be jack

17. Shaye says:

When I first started watching the show I really wanted her to be with Matty but when I got a little deeper into the show I started to change my mind because jake made her feel really good about her and he wanted the whole wrold to know that he was with her even if people thought Jenna was a little weird so then I stared to believe that he loves her more than Matty did or ever would overall I think she loves jack but she’s in love with Matty so I think she should be Matty because that’s who she really wants jack might be a little sad but I think he’ll got over it knowing that his best friend had love for her first

18. Mrswhite says:

Matty all the way! Such a bad boy and now a good boy now that hes realized how dumb he was!

19. Bracefacekasja says:

Team Matty can’t wait til Thursday’s

20. Bracefacekasja says:

MATTYS FINALLY OVER THE HIDDEN LUST STAGE ! JENNA HE IS READY FOR THE LOVE(:

21. Justice says:

They could share. Now that would be AWKWARD. lol Just kidding. Team Matty all the way.

22. kerri says:

So who did Jenna choose? Matty or Jake?

23. Smile says:

I think Jenna wasn’t happy the she choose Matty since he’s more like Lacey ex-bf Ben. Another hand Jake is more better choice for Jenna since he treat her like a princess and can’t you all see Jake is more like Jenna father Kevin. :) I THINK SHE MADE THE WRONG CHOICE OF CHOOSING MATTY. HAHAHAH. I BELIEVE IN SEASON 3 SHE MIGHT GO BACK WITH JAKE SINCE HE’S MORE LIKE KEVIN JENNA FATHER..