TV's Best Bad Boy Bracket Reaches Day 3: Buffy, Vamp Diaries, Pretty Little Liars Faves Compete!

Bad boys, bad boys. Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they vote for you?

Well, hopefully they’ll be appreciative, right? But even if they’re not, you’ve got to do your civic duty and vote in the Day 3 showdowns of our TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, a competition that celebrates 64 classic small-screen roles — from the guys you shouldn’t take home to mama, to the ones that might get the urge to hold her at gunpoint and loot her jewelry box.

Today, you’ll have to put a stake in the heart of at least one popular bloodsucker — The Vampire Diaries‘ Klaus is up against Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Spike — and then pick a winner in the battle of another Buffy-verse character, Angel, and Pretty Little Liars‘ Noel Kahn.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

If you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (89)

• I find it difficult to understand how Noel could come anywhere near Angel.

Comment by Allie – June 27, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. My first thought was: this is joke, right?

Comment by Emily – June 27, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who said that Noel was anywhere near Angel? If you look at the full bracket, it shows that Angel is #1 and Noel is #16 in the top right section. So Angel is one of the frontrunners and Noel just made it onto the board… something that could be easily seen if you do a little digging.

Comment by Brendan – June 27, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Where’s the full bracket? And while Kluas is not anywhere near as “bad boy” as Spike, does that really mean he was 15th? I want to know where Chuck and Jess where in the line-up, that was a hard decision, LOL.

Comment by Drewer – June 28, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The full bracket is linked to in the closing paragraph.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 28, 2012 07:22 AM PDT
  • I was ready to pick Klaus because I love him until I saw he is up against Spike.
    Spike FTW!

Comment by Cheri Lyon (@downtowncheri) – June 27, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally Spike! In fact, I’m betting he wins the whole thing. The only person who might make me to hesitate against voting for Spike is Eric from True Blood. Too bad they’re both on the right side of the roster, that means only one of them can advance to the finals! :(

Comment by GDV – June 28, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anything & Everything BTVS!

Comment by George – June 27, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel & Spike FTW!

Comment by Steph – June 27, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaus vs. Spike? Mommy issues aside, really?

Comment by Deion – June 27, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, Klaus. Team Spike all the way! And, sorry Noel, but Angel is it for me. I prefer Toby, anyway.

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – June 27, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care how badass people may think Klaus is. Spike is the ultimate Badass Vampire. He’d strike Klaus down in a heartbeat.

Comment by Dominique – June 27, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN! I think peole voting for Klaus are those who probably never watched Buffy… It’s been ages since I’ve watched it and in my heart Spike (My lil William the Bloody) is and will always be the best bad@ss ever written on TV! :D

Comment by Manie – June 27, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This.

Comment by Aprilcot – June 28, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I understand completely. Klaus is badass. If he was against anyone from any other show besides Buffy I’d vote for him, but I can’t say no to Spike.

Comment by Maddie Shook (@MaddieShook) – June 29, 2012 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No competition, Buffy boys all the way!

Comment by Felicia – June 27, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh, Buffy, how I miss you!!!

Comment by Javiera Herrera (@Javi4Real) – June 27, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaus always sucked IMO, easy to choose
    Angel and Spike all the way =D

Comment by mac – June 27, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right?! Klaus is a pony-drawing, high school couple meddling, whiny-baby embarrassment to Jossverse vampires.

Comment by S – June 27, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • exactly, I really don’t know where this sudden obsession with him comes from

Comment by mac – June 27, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still like Elijah better than Klaus, but Spike was my first vampire love.

Comment by elainecleo – June 28, 2012 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel and Spike for the win! They’d make Klaus cry!

Comment by S – June 27, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaus could’ve made it further into the competition if he wasn’t paired up against Spike in round 1, in my opinion. Also, same thing goes for Spike in a round 2 Angel vs. Spike match-up.

Comment by DL – June 27, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More likely, same goes for Angel in a round 2 Angel vs Spike match-up…

Comment by Ivana – June 27, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Angel won’t beat Spike. Spike destroyed harder competition. I don’t even know who Angel was against.

Comment by MIchael – June 27, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but it’s kind of a laugh to pit Vampire Diaries and Pretty little Liars characters against those of the Buffy-verse. I mean, those numbers don’t lie, no matter how invested the fans of the TVD and PLL fandoms are. Spike and Angel >

Today’s poll makes no sense. I’m not trying to sound like a hater, I have nothing against the shows or the characters or the actors blah blah blah, I’m just sayin’.

Comment by F. – June 27, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as much as i love Klaus, hes no where near as badass as Spike, and seriously how did Noel from PLL even get pitted against Angel. Easy Round lol

Comment by Jake – June 27, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree 100% – love Klaus, but no one beats the Whedonverse
      Noel Kahn – really? suprised he’s even listed, he’s not even on the show much
      DId you notice further in the voting that Julian McMahon is competing with himself – Christian Troy of Nip Tuck vs. Cole Turner of Charmed ………………..

Comment by Lisa – June 28, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Angel & Spike!

Comment by tvaddict – June 27, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Angel doesn’t win this whole thing, I’d be shocked. Talk about the ultimate bad boy. When he was bad, he was sadistic, evil, torturing, etc. And even when he was good he was still the brooding bad boy that everyone loves.

Comment by alyssa – June 27, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They really should have just put Angel against Spike and skipped the other two (in all fairness I have no idea who the other two are). But who can compete with Angel or Spike? Going to be a tough call when they are against each other. Shot out to the last (and best) season of Angel when Spike was on!

Comment by Sally – June 27, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel and Klaus, cause I know them better;)

Comment by JustineK – June 27, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel and Spike, hands down FTW. Angel/Angelus is the definition of HOT badass vampire.

Comment by Ros – June 27, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These two are no brainers. Buffy boys all the way!

Comment by Nona Bgo (@nonabgo) – June 27, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Old school vampires all the way!!! Buffy’s original bad boys are better than the copycats!

Comment by whimsical – June 27, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel vs. Noel? Like Noel even has a chance. It’s too bad Klaus and Spike are up against each other because I love both. But at the end of the day it’s always going to be Spike. Seriously one of the best bad boys ever.

Comment by AT – June 27, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so glad it wasnt Angel vs Spike my heart would stop. So had to pick my Sunnydale boys

Comment by Loveless – June 27, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not Angel vs Spike yet but when they both win this one, they’ll be up against each other in round 2

Comment by AnnClau – June 27, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do like Klaus but when he’s up against Spike he just doesn’t stand a chance.

Comment by Kelly – June 27, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • VERY RUDE. HOW DARE U? Choosing between Klaus and Spike is like telling me to choose a limb!

Comment by Amanda – June 27, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was not emotionally prepared to pick between Klaus & Spike.
    They both deserve to be in top 10 for sure!
    Had to go with Spike!
    Angel was a no brainer!

Comment by Heather – June 27, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmmm do you mean Angel or Angelus? Either or Angel still wins but……… there is a difference if you want to get nit picky.

Comment by Rachel – June 27, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if you asked angel he would say that he angelus is always there.

Comment by murley – June 27, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing I cared about is the fact that Brant Daughtery aka Noel Kahn is the hottes of them all !

Comment by sasa – June 27, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have trouble remembering Noel Kahn even exists. All he does is show up once in a while to be a pain. So not a badass.

Comment by Lyria – June 27, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. He’s just annoying. And he has hardly been on the show. Obviously Angel would move past the 1st round but if you’re going to put someone in there from PLL, at least make it look legit and use Jason, Caleb or even Toby.

Comment by Deena – June 28, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buffy! Where are you?! The Angel, close to Buffy, it was nice, softly, a good boy. But, Spike no, he was always a bad boy. Spike has always been and always will be a bad boy, sarcastic and very evil.

Comment by Zigg Oz – June 27, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel and Spike forever. Best vampires in the history of television :)

Comment by Svenja – June 27, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike all the way – the best ever bad boy vamp, (and my other vote goes to Angel as the broodiest bad boy)

Comment by mazza – June 27, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is ridiculously unfair. To place two veterans from old shows against two characters from shows that are still so recent that their ‘badness’ is still being fleshed out. Sorry, never liked Buffy or Angel, so my votes go to Brant Daugherty and Joseph Morgan. Not only that, they’re both a lot more handsome than their competition.

Comment by Beth Ann – June 27, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this is tournament style, like all TVLine contests have been so far. Look at the rankings.

Comment by Jess – June 28, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, Joss Whedon is SO overrated, as are his shows and don’t get me started on The Cabin In The Woods. The Whedonverse is LAME. Now SIT DOWN!

Comment by Beth Ann – June 27, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will cut you. >.>

Comment by Sara – June 27, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please pass me the sharp pointy cutting object when you’re done. Thank you.

Comment by MLO – June 28, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whoah, be careful now. Don’t care what fandom you are from, but a fair warning; the Whedonverse and it’s fans will strike yours down in a heartbeat. So why don’t YOU just sit the heck down and stop talking when you obviously don’t have a clue about any of this.

Comment by Dominique – June 29, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really think of Noel as a girls-love-bad boys, lovable jerk kinda guy like the other 3. He’s just a bad guy. And kinda creepy. The actors hot and all, but still. Definitely Angel for me.

Comment by Gilda – June 27, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In response to a lot of previous comments; the question asks which one you’d prefer, not necessarily which one would win in a fight, so it’s not that unmatched. Though, as Beth Ann said, two veterans against two newbies isn’t fair… Love Noel but had to vote Angel because of Angelus’ awesomeness. Love Spike but Klaus is a little more refined, less of the cartoon character that Spike could be sometimes…

Comment by Lisa – June 27, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well today is rigged.

Comment by darcywilson – June 27, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaus wishes he were Spike. (Seriously, I think Klaus is played like they wish they had Spike). No contest.

Comment by Geo – June 27, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • a poor attempt at copying Spike if you ask me

Comment by mac – June 29, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but how is Angel only at 89%?! How does Noel have any votes over Angel!! I’ll be the first to admit, PLL is one of my favourite shows, but he has no place in this tournament, or at least not against Angel.

As for Spike/Klaus….I like Klaus but I looooooove Spike. Very few men can beat him vampire-wise. James Marsters portrayed Spike incredibly well… anyhow.

Hope the winner at the end will be Angel, Spike, Damon Salvatore, Logan Echolls, Mr. Big, or Ben Linus. Or the dude from Person of Interest.

Comment by Sara – June 27, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are so many bad boys on the list I want to see win as well (Ben Linus, Sawyer, Damon Salvatore, John Reese (the dude on person of interest)). This list is freaking unbelieveable!!!

Comment by lll – June 27, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if these are even competitions! Mal versus Jack, now that was tricky. Now, when it gets down to Angel versus Spike, things should get interesting.

Comment by Becky – June 27, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is true that today is unfair…. I am a lover of Buffy (like almost everyone) but I am of PLL too. If you pin Noel against Angel we already know the outcome. I feel as if they don’t even belong in the same category of bad boy?

Comment by Kaylene – June 27, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god Spike is beating stupid effing Klaus. I am so incredibly sick of Klaus, and wish he would die already, whereas I never got tired of Spike.

Comment by Johanna – June 27, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the operative words here are “no contest.”

Comment by JP – June 27, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if anyone could compare to Angel (Well, really it should be Angelus) and Spike.

Comment by Carrie – June 27, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear TVLine,
    How is it humanly possible that Ari Gold is not on this list but some guy from Pretty Little Liars is?
    For shame

Comment by Sarah – June 27, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel/Angelus and Spike hands down… it’s not even an option!

Comment by Manie – June 27, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What I’m worried about is when Dean Winchester is up against Mal Reynolds. How the hell do I chose between the two of them???? Damn you Michael Slezak! (LOL!)

Comment by rowan77 – June 27, 2012 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m watching Angel right now. Angel easy. And absolutely Spike over Klaus.

Comment by saxyroro (@saxyroro) – June 27, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. Go look at the brackets. Mal vs Captain Jack in the first round? Terrible. Julian McMahon vs himself? Stringer Bell vs Walter White? There are some very tough first rounds. Bye Captain Jack.

Comment by saxyroro (@saxyroro) – June 27, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, so , so easy!! For once, I have actually seen all the shows. They are quite possibly all in my current top 10 faves. But, sriously, how the hell did noel khan even make it to the tournement?? there are so many badder bad guys in PLL alone (Ian, Jason, Garrett etc). Plus Angel was my first ever TV crush….. And as for Klaus……. I SERIOUSLy can’t STAND the guy!! He gets on my last nerve! He plays it up like a pantomine villain, he is undefined, such an anticliamax as the big bad and quite pathetic. He is the WORST villain I have ever had the displeasure of watching. He is not bad ass. He is not scary. He is boring and annoying and my brain dies a little every time he appears on screen. They just didn’t know what to do with him – they wanted him to be bad and then tried to make him likeable and nothing they do makes sense to teh character they painted. He is ruining my veiwing pleasure of TVD. Now, Spike, on the other hand, he grew as a character throughout the show, but he was always essentially the same character. Even when he was good, he was still more of a bad ass than Klaus could ever in his wildest dreams hope to be.

Comment by katy917 – June 28, 2012 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post