Love in the Wild Photo Recap: No One Wishes They Were Jesse's Girl

Jesse’s gross behavior continued this week on Love in the Wild, moving Ken to fury, Ali to disgust, and Jenny McCarthy to an expression of “Oh no she ditn’t!” that many of us have used in response to the “wacky” host’s media interviews over the past several years.

If you missed the episode, the six remaining couples embarked on a challenge that involved the carting of coconuts, the retrieval of a map from beneath a waterfall, and the cutting and delivering of 50 lbs of bananas. Jesse and Ali came out on top after Ken/Janina and Chase/Summer failed to follow instructions, but it was budding lovebirds Jason and Vanessa who got booted after a last-place finish and a couples ceremony that didn’t leave any of their rivals in the dreaded “Unmatched Area.”

Beyond that, the pertinent details are all captured in the timeless form of the screen grab. So click through the gallery below, then hit the comments and share your thoughts on Episode 4, and which “couples” you’re rooting for in the competition/in life.

1. Taylor says:

To me, Ken seemed more of a jerk than Jesse. At least Jesse was classy enough not to separate Ken. And what thanks did Jesse get–more complaints from Ken. At least Jesse was smart enough to tie the coconut whereas Ken was stupid to pass the sign. It seems like the contestants this year are terrible–especially the men–and the fake hostess is even worse.

• Sarah says:

I totally agree. I thought Ken was being stupid, too, because Jesse probably wouldn’t have even thought of picking Yanina until Ken brought it up. If I was Jesse, I would have picked Yanina then just to spite Ken. That just shows how nice Jesse is. And yeah, maybe something happened with Jesse and Tara, but you shouldn’t judge someone based off of one bad decision. We don’t know what really happened, and it’s not like he was the only one who participated – it takes two to tango. I don’t understand why the whole show has become so focused on Jesse…

And this season is way worse than last season. I really didn’t like the trio thing, and most of the people seem superficial at best. Some of them are forming tangible connections, but I feel like this season is very catty, immature, and more about flings than true love. Samantha and Mike from last year really made the show, and that’s what made a ton of people watch this season. The closest thing right now is probably Ben and Michelle or Ken and Yanina, and maybe Summer and Chase. But Ken and Yanina are pretty much disqualified because of this whole Jesse incident (did anyone else find it ironic that Ken told Jesse to focus on his own relationship when Ken is the one getting in Jesse’s business?), and quite frankly, Summer and Chase, and Ben and Michelle aren’t very likeable.

• Sarah says:

And as far I see it, Jesse was trying to HELP other people form connections, unlike Ken was saying – he picked Michelle so that she and Ben can pair up again later on and still be in the game together. DUH Ken.

It’s not like I’m a huge fan of Jesse.. I actually don’t care for him all that much. But still, I hate when someone acts all self-righteous about a situation they know nothing about. And I’m rooting for Ben and Michelle to end up together again. While I originally didn’t like Michelle and Ben because I thought he picked her for her looks, I see that they have a connection. They’re definitely cute, and they’re now my favorite couple out of everyone.

• Trent says:

@Taylor, I agree. Jesse is being slammed for the “crime” of being open about wanting sex. No one forced Tara to sleep with him right away — she was a grown woman and made that choice. Ken bringing it up in a gossipy way during the ceremony was tacky and unnecessary. And yes, Jesse did a nice thing for his buddy Ben by choosing Michelle so she and Ben could get together later.

If anyone was b*tchy and annoying in this episode it was self-righteous Ali. Overall, I like Ben/Michelle and Summer/Chase as couples, but no one is as awesome as last year’s Samantha and Mike. So happy to hear they’re still together!

2. Justin says:

If there’s anyone to blame for last night’s fiasco, its that whiny, self-righteous Ali. She consantly complains about everything that doesn’t go her way. It gets on my nerves. She’s had three chances to make connections, and has unfortunately come up short. But for her to choose Ben like that was very uncalled for. Ben has no interest in her whatsoever. She did it just to stay in Paradise to me, which is beyond scheming. Jesse simply dumped Tara for the “better connection” in his mind, and it didn’t work out. In fact, I give Jesse big props for picking Michelle so her and Ben could still be together. Let’s face it, Ali choosing Ben was the reason Vanessa and Jason were sent off (I really liked those two), not Jesse. Ali should’ve cut her losses and sent herself off in my opinion. Every guy seems to be well-connected to their partner, so she had literally nobody to choose from.

This season is definitely weaker than the first. Overall, I think Ken/Janina and Summer/Chase make the best couples, but there’s no Mike/Samantha or Heather/Miles here. Glad to hear they’re still together, especially Mike and Samantha, my favorite from the beginning.

• S. says:

Ali is amazing. Seriously. She makes the show for me. Everyone else is boring and/or ridiculously annoying. Ali cracks me up, though. Honestly, I’m fairly certain Ali picking Ben was a strategic move. I’m guessing Jesse had told her he planned to eliminate himself and she was hoping to be able to get rid of Michelle by picking Ben. I don’t know if she was friends with Jenny and was upset about how Ben screwed her over or if she just didn’t like the new girls, but I’m guessing Ali didn’t pick Ben because she thought he would be a great partner (either in the game or romantically). She picked Ben to try to send Michelle home, which I am 100% in favor of. I can’t stand that girl. She looks like a reject from the Real Housewives of New Jersey. And that is why Ali is clearly the best person on the show. Because on a season that lacks anyone interesting (such as the Mike/Sam or Heather/Miles pairings), Ali provides tons of entertainment. Also, she looks flawless, especially considering she’s in her 30s.

• Justin says:

I commend you for sweet talking Ali, but at the end of the day, that heffer deserves to be sent home at this point. She’s such a freaking drama queen with her complaining, and her hiding those towels and “hazing” the new girls was just plain childish. She may be in her 30’s but she has a lot of growing up to do, and it should be done outside of this show.

Ali picking Ben was 100% strategic just to stay on the show, which shows just how manipulating she is. The people on this show are looking to make connections, not schemes. Ali reminds me of Cordelia from Buffy, who I really couldn’t stand. So much drama, and just so freaking spoiled if everything doesn’t go her way.

Ali is the worst person on the show and I sincerely hope she gets eliminated quickly. Michelle is okay at best, but worlds better than Ali. There’s nothing entertaining about Ali at all. She’s a freaking nuisance!!

• anon says:

“She’s such a freaking drama queen with her complaining, and her hiding those towels and “hazing” the new girls was just plain childish. She may be in her 30′s but she has a lot of growing up to do, and it should be done outside of this show. ”

Oh come on, the horrors, someone’s towel is gone for a couple minutes, it’s hardly any sort of vicious or nasty hazing! So what if she is 30, you don’t have to turn into an old wet rag that can’t have any silly, ridiculous fun any more do you?

• anon says:

Yeah.

And yeah into her 30s but looks more flawlessly hotter than all the 20-somethings.

But that said nobody is close to as good as last season though.

The trio stuff was too much for such a short show and the contestants didn’t seem to have as much to them this season. Top two pairs from last season were 100x times better than any from this season. They should’nt have tried to tinker with the show.

3. pylgrym says:

Does Ali remind anyone else of Buffy’s Cordelia at her very worst?

4. Samantha says:

I miss watching this show but I hate Jenny McCarthy.

• Kathi says:

She is a horrible host.. She should be on a show called ALL ABOUT ME OR WHAT. Bye the way she would need to be the only person on the show. LOL

5. Kathi says:

The biggest downfall and I do mean DOWNFALL of this show is the host!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh when she made the comment regarding the bananna or ” are you just happy to see me” was pathetic!!!!!!!!! Way out of line. If she wants to be ON the show as a contestant she should apply. The show is about the contestants not her. NBC get rid of her and watch the ratings skyrocket. The gentleman that was hosting before Jenny was soooooooooooooooo much better.

6. Ayana says:

Jenny acutally makes the show fun for me!

7. hallie says:

I am not really sure what to make of jesse and it really isn’t anyone’s buisness. Why call him out there i am not advacating jesse because he is little to much on the fast side for my taste but with all fairness tara could have said no and lets be really what did she think was going to happen she knew him for a week at the most and she is already jumping into bed with him that doesn’t say much for her. I think he called jesse out because he just didn’t like him and was being a jerk and using tara as an example. I think jesse always had a thing for ali as for why she picked ben i think she wanted to stay but didn’t want to be with jesse and matt had just been paired with michelle and if she was going to make a connection he would be her best bet. He was all into jen then michelle comes so he isn’t that into her that he won’t give it a try. I also liked the host from last year