Comic-Con

Serenity Now! Firefly Cast to Reunite and Celebrate 10th Anniversary at Comic-Con

File this under “shiny”: Firefly‘s cast members and creative minds will appear on a panel at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con!

The cult hit will celebrate its 10th anniversary at the pop culture convention on Friday, July 13.

RELATED | Comic-Con 2012: Your Guide to Which TV Shows Are Going

The panel, which will be held in Ballroom 20 at 12:30 pm, will feature creator Joss Whedon, writer Tim Minear and stars Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, Sean Maher, Michael Fairman and others, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Science Channel-hosted event will also include never-before-seen footage and “numerous buzz-worthy surprises,” says the network.

Additionally, Science has lined up Fringe star John Noble for its Dark Matters: Twisted But True session on July 14, where he will join the show’s creators.

UPDATE: Sorry, Kaylee fans — Jewel Staite tweeted Thursday that she won’t be able to attend the SDCC Firefly panel because she’ll be at the London Film & Comic Con.

UPDATE: According to the event’s official Friday schedule, Gina Torres, Morena Baccarin and Summer Glau will join the previously announced panelists.

1. Mary Pond says:

Oh I so wish I could be there. Hopefully someone will post on UTube. How exciting, it is/was my favorite TV program (after the original Star Trek). Ever. Love them ALL.

2. Cujo says:

If I have a badge, what is the best way to make sure I get into this panel?

• Angel says:

Get in line VERY early. There will be plenty of people in line by 5am if last year is any indication of what to expect this year.

• claire says:

5am for 1230 panel?? Yikes! Im surprised its not going to be in hall H

• Angel says:

Yeah, it sounds crazy but there won’t be much turn-over after the first two panels of the day and Firefly is going to attract a huge crowd. Last year by 5am the line to get into the convention center was on the grass (if you’ve been there before) and since the convention center parking garage opened at 5am, the line got longer very quickly after 5am.

Last year I was in line at 3am for the Chuck panel (first of the day in the Ballroom) and ended up about 18 rows back.

• If it were me, I’d be there at 3am. Or 2. Or 1. This is Firefly after all and the 10th anniversary.

• Marie says:

,,,AND Comic-Con bus shuttles now run for 24 hours once the Convention starts on Thursday, starting at 5am…let the camping out and long lines begin!!

• Natalie says:

Line up really early to get into the hall to line up again for ballroom & once you are in just stay camped out until this panel! This is what I’m gonna do!

• kerravon says:

Easy, just bring Vera.

3. Mena says:

Awesome! I wish I could be there, but I’m excited to read about what happens!

4. kelly says:

I love River,Mal and Firefly. That sounds so awesome. I wish there were more events on east coast.

5. Yamas says:

Community at 10 then this at 12:30… Huuuuh… Going to be the biggest line ever! Not going to make it to the Walking Dead panel either

6. Daniel Latta says:

Not interested unless the female members of the cast are there, as well.

7. Summer Glau and all the female cast member WILL be there as well, no other way around!

8. Ali says:

That is so cool! It’s going to be fun hearing what they all have to say and what they are all up to. I can’t wait to see where Summer and Adam end up. I’m already enjoying Alan on Suburgatory and, of course, Nathan on Castle so what a fun event. Makes me wish for more Serenity! (Stoooopid FOX)

9. Alex Agostini says:

Wish I could be there. Maybe they’ll have some news on something new. I hope!!!!

10. Kelsey Tape says:

Reblogged this on Love. Laugh. Always. and commented:
    Calling all Firefly fans — Cast will appear at San Diego’s Comic Con on Friday, July 13.

11. Lady K says:

OMG!OMG!OMG! The only way this could be better is to have all the ladies there as well – Gina Torress, Morena Baccarin, Jewel Staite, and Summer Glau. Someone PLEASE post the session online for those of us not lucky enough to attend!

12. chase says:

Happy 10th, Firefly cast! Wish I could be there… How amazing for those that get to attend the panel.

13. murley says:

okay, now i am officially super bummed i am out of the country for comic con. i hope that this never before seen footage makes its way into the public eye at some point. and that at least one of the “buzz worthy surprises” is about the continuation of the comics (maybe even a monthly series, dark horse?) of course news a another movie would be even more exciting but probably a little less likely.

• Ashley says:

I’m hopeful there could be some type of surprise announcement. I’m pretty sure a lot of studios are willing to bet more on Joss Whedon nowadays.

14. Jennifer says:

that sound you just heard was me squealing!!!! What I wouldn’t give to be there!!!! Capt’n Tightpants in all his glory.. great news!!!

15. Viv says:

C’mon Jossie…You just made a bazillion dollars off of 1/7th of the Earth’s population going to see the Avengers. (All I could do during the movie was giggle maniacally and whisper “Serenity 2! Serenity 2!!!”)

Let’s live the long, long, long awaited dream and bring our Browncoats home!!

16. Juan says:

I wish I could be there.
    May we get our wildest dreams realized in another visit to Serenity?
    A big budget sequel to Dr. Horrible?

17. Wah why can’t I go! sigh

18. John DeMayo says:

“Buzz worthy surprises” = Serenity 2?

Hey, I can dream, can’t I?

19. Jack says:

Don’t be surprise to see a Serenity 2 soon guys. I mean Joss Whedon’s name is as big as it’s ever been. If he doesn’t get Serenity 2 up now, he’ll never get it up. He needs to strike while the iron is insanely hot.

20. saxyroro (@saxyroro) says:

Saffron!

21. Hannah says:

Oh my word!!! First as somebody said “I wish there were more events on the East Coast.” I’d like to say, How about Central America? I LOVE this show & it’s characters! The movie was ok too but would’ve much rather continuing seasons. Even more heartbreaking that it takes place on Friday, July 13th. That is my birthday (36yro) AND my daughter’s birthday (12yro). Wish we could be there!! Have fun everyone 😄

• yosafbridge says:

by central america I assume you don’t mean the region south of mexico lol
      oh and the movie was a bit more than okay dontchathink?

22. Janice says:

Since the Castle panel was at least partly Nathan Fillion talking about Firefly the previous years, I habe a feeling that there will be someone asking inappropriate Castle questions at the Firefly panel this time…
    Otherwise, I’m excited! But Serenity 2? I’m not sure the world is ready for that. It’s been ten years and when I look at Fillion, Baldwin & Co. now, I just don’t see space cowboys anymore.