Comic-Con

Serenity Now! Firefly Cast to Reunite and Celebrate 10th Anniversary at Comic-Con

Get More: Comic-Con, News

File this under “shiny”: Firefly‘s cast members and creative minds will appear on a panel at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con!

The cult hit will celebrate its 10th anniversary at the pop culture convention on Friday, July 13.

RELATED | Comic-Con 2012: Your Guide to Which TV Shows Are Going

The panel, which will be held in Ballroom 20 at 12:30 pm, will feature creator Joss Whedon, writer Tim Minear and stars Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, Sean Maher, Michael Fairman and others, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Science Channel-hosted event will also include never-before-seen footage and “numerous buzz-worthy surprises,” says the network.

Additionally, Science has lined up Fringe star John Noble for its Dark Matters: Twisted But True session on July 14, where he will join the show’s creators.

UPDATE: Sorry, Kaylee fans — Jewel Staite tweeted Thursday that she won’t be able to attend the SDCC Firefly panel because she’ll be at the London Film & Comic Con.

UPDATE: According to the event’s official Friday schedule, Gina Torres, Morena Baccarin and Summer Glau will join the previously announced panelists.

Comments (38)

• Oh I so wish I could be there. Hopefully someone will post on UTube. How exciting, it is/was my favorite TV program (after the original Star Trek). Ever. Love them ALL.

Comment by Mary Pond – June 27, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I have a badge, what is the best way to make sure I get into this panel?

Comment by Cujo – June 27, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get in line VERY early. There will be plenty of people in line by 5am if last year is any indication of what to expect this year.

Comment by Angel – June 27, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 5am for 1230 panel?? Yikes! Im surprised its not going to be in hall H

Comment by claire – June 27, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, it sounds crazy but there won’t be much turn-over after the first two panels of the day and Firefly is going to attract a huge crowd. Last year by 5am the line to get into the convention center was on the grass (if you’ve been there before) and since the convention center parking garage opened at 5am, the line got longer very quickly after 5am.

Last year I was in line at 3am for the Chuck panel (first of the day in the Ballroom) and ended up about 18 rows back.

Comment by Angel – June 27, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If it were me, I’d be there at 3am. Or 2. Or 1. This is Firefly after all and the 10th anniversary.

Comment by Kirstin E. Jewell – June 27, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ,,,AND Comic-Con bus shuttles now run for 24 hours once the Convention starts on Thursday, starting at 5am…let the camping out and long lines begin!!

Comment by Marie – June 27, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Line up really early to get into the hall to line up again for ballroom & once you are in just stay camped out until this panel! This is what I’m gonna do!

Comment by Natalie – June 27, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Easy, just bring Vera.

Comment by kerravon – June 27, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL Jayne would be proud–but you’d have to pry it from his cold dead hands :P

Comment by Kristina – June 27, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Or you could trade him for it, all you need is a woman to be his wife.

Comment by Pie – June 28, 2012 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t think he was wanting her to be his wife. Just his . . .

Comment by Anne – June 28, 2012 12:33 PM PDT
  • Awesome! I wish I could be there, but I’m excited to read about what happens!

Comment by Mena – June 27, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love River,Mal and Firefly. That sounds so awesome. I wish there were more events on east coast.

Comment by kelly – June 27, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community at 10 then this at 12:30… Huuuuh… Going to be the biggest line ever! Not going to make it to the Walking Dead panel either

Comment by Yamas – June 27, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! I am going to have to be up early Friday.

Comment by Emma – June 27, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not interested unless the female members of the cast are there, as well.

Comment by Daniel Latta – June 27, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, what kind of sausage fest are they planning here?!

Comment by ultimate troll – June 27, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Summer Glau and all the female cast member WILL be there as well, no other way around!

Comment by chrisdvannechrisdvanne – June 27, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is so cool! It’s going to be fun hearing what they all have to say and what they are all up to. I can’t wait to see where Summer and Adam end up. I’m already enjoying Alan on Suburgatory and, of course, Nathan on Castle so what a fun event. Makes me wish for more Serenity! (Stoooopid FOX)

Comment by Ali – June 27, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on TV Addict.

Comment by Aaron M Zaffuto – June 27, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish I could be there. Maybe they’ll have some news on something new. I hope!!!!

Comment by Alex Agostini – June 27, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Love. Laugh. Always. and commented:
    Calling all Firefly fans — Cast will appear at San Diego’s Comic Con on Friday, July 13.

Comment by Kelsey Tape – June 27, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!OMG!OMG! The only way this could be better is to have all the ladies there as well – Gina Torress, Morena Baccarin, Jewel Staite, and Summer Glau. Someone PLEASE post the session online for those of us not lucky enough to attend!

Comment by Lady K – June 27, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy 10th, Firefly cast! Wish I could be there… How amazing for those that get to attend the panel.

Comment by chase – June 27, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • okay, now i am officially super bummed i am out of the country for comic con. i hope that this never before seen footage makes its way into the public eye at some point. and that at least one of the “buzz worthy surprises” is about the continuation of the comics (maybe even a monthly series, dark horse?) of course news a another movie would be even more exciting but probably a little less likely.

Comment by murley – June 27, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hopeful there could be some type of surprise announcement. I’m pretty sure a lot of studios are willing to bet more on Joss Whedon nowadays.

Comment by Ashley – June 27, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that sound you just heard was me squealing!!!! What I wouldn’t give to be there!!!! Capt’n Tightpants in all his glory.. great news!!!

Comment by Jennifer – June 27, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon Jossie…You just made a bazillion dollars off of 1/7th of the Earth’s population going to see the Avengers. (All I could do during the movie was giggle maniacally and whisper “Serenity 2! Serenity 2!!!”)

Let’s live the long, long, long awaited dream and bring our Browncoats home!!

Comment by Viv – June 27, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I could be there.
    May we get our wildest dreams realized in another visit to Serenity?
    A big budget sequel to Dr. Horrible?

Comment by Juan – June 27, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wah why can’t I go! sigh

Comment by Rachel Elisabeth Little – June 27, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Buzz worthy surprises” = Serenity 2?

Hey, I can dream, can’t I?

Comment by John DeMayo – June 27, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t be surprise to see a Serenity 2 soon guys. I mean Joss Whedon’s name is as big as it’s ever been. If he doesn’t get Serenity 2 up now, he’ll never get it up. He needs to strike while the iron is insanely hot.

Comment by Jack – June 27, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saffron!

Comment by saxyroro (@saxyroro) – June 27, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my word!!! First as somebody said “I wish there were more events on the East Coast.” I’d like to say, How about Central America? I LOVE this show & it’s characters! The movie was ok too but would’ve much rather continuing seasons. Even more heartbreaking that it takes place on Friday, July 13th. That is my birthday (36yro) AND my daughter’s birthday (12yro). Wish we could be there!! Have fun everyone 😄

Comment by Hannah – June 28, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • by central america I assume you don’t mean the region south of mexico lol
      oh and the movie was a bit more than okay dontchathink?

Comment by yosafbridge – June 29, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since the Castle panel was at least partly Nathan Fillion talking about Firefly the previous years, I habe a feeling that there will be someone asking inappropriate Castle questions at the Firefly panel this time…
    Otherwise, I’m excited! But Serenity 2? I’m not sure the world is ready for that. It’s been ten years and when I look at Fillion, Baldwin & Co. now, I just don’t see space cowboys anymore.

Comment by Janice – July 1, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post