Fall TV Preview

NCIS Scoop: SVU's Diane Neal Says She'll Be Back as Agent Borin

To those who, when I reported on Diane Neal guesting on USA Network’s Suits, hoped that the actress would also return to NCIS…. well, this is for you.

Speaking with TVLine at Tuesday night’s Thirst Gala event in Los Angeles (honoring those committed to ending the global water crisis), Neal said that she is in talks to once again reprise her role as Special Agent Abigail Borin, during the CBS megahit’s upcoming Season 10. (CBS was unable to confirm the casting as of Tuesday evening.)

RELATED | NCIS Upgrades Brian Dietzen to Series Regular for Season 10

First and foremost a Law & Order: SVU vet, Neal made her NCIS debut toward the end of Season 7, when Gibbs’ team discovered striking-slash-amusing similarities between themselves and their counterparts at CGIS (Coast Guard Investigative Services), which is led by Borin.

Also, as individuals, Borin and Gibbs discovered they share much — too much? — in common, rules lists, head-slap habits and all.

“It is the most fun place to work,” Neal told us her now-and-again NCIS visits, counting Pauley Perrette, Cote de Pablo and Michael Weatherly among her good buddies on the set and hailing series lead Mark Harmon as “the nicest man in TV.

And I get to have a gun!” she added. “It’s also really fun because I play the female Mark Harmon.”

Neal most recently visited NCIS in the October 2011 episode “Safe Harbor,” when Gibbs’ team considered her as a “perfect match” for their boss. (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Tags: ,

Comments (33)

• I actually think she’s a better match for DiNozzo than Gibbs. If this is accurate I’m very glad to hear Diane/Abby Borin will return

Comment by NoChance – June 26, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha…you know since she IS a female Gibbs, we might have another “Lady Jerry” situation from seinfeld if she went out with Tony.

Comment by Pat D. – June 26, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her and her character in NCIS , I can’t wait to see in the new season

Comment by estefania – June 26, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Better her than that pill Jamie Lee Curtis.

Comment by Suzie – June 26, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to it!

Since Pauley Perrette is hosting the Thirst Gala event, any way y’all can get any contract news out of her? Or is it being kept secret until the season starts?

Comment by Clarissa – June 26, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not the only one that wants to know about the contract statuses of Pauley, Sean, and Michael….I do hope they’ll announce that soon.

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – June 26, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do too. After they announced last week that Brian was promoted, I see no reason why those three shouldn’t renew their contracts. They all seem to love their job anyways.

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – June 26, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly. And who knows maybe they already renewed but didn’t publish it because of the cliffhanger. Who knows… :) I am certain all of them will be back

Comment by Svenja – June 27, 2012 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I’m so excited to hear this wonderful piece of news…..absolutely love Diane Neal as Agent Borin. Bring on Season 10!

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – June 26, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is great news! I love her and her character on NCIS is really fun to watch with the NCIS team. looking forward to it.

Comment by kate – June 26, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Agent Borin! She and Gibbs are perfect together!

Comment by vollisar – June 26, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Borin! Not as a romantic interest for anyone on the show, just as a character.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – June 26, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree 100%. Although I wouldn’t mind seeing her with Gibbs I don’t need them to be a couple. I just like the character and love Diane Neal

Comment by Anna – June 26, 2012 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Diane as both Borin and Novak. She needs to be back on SVU as Novak with a break every once in a while to be on NCIS. THAT would keep her Twitter followers from asking her when she’s returning to both shows :)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – June 26, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see her with Gibbs, I can’t stand Ryan {JLC} and Diane Neal is great, also a great match for Gibbs. They have way more chemistry than Gibbs & Ryan; who had NO chemistry together at all.

Comment by kateakaangel – June 26, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wooho i love Borin. Now Fornell and than season 10 is already the best season

Comment by Sophia – June 27, 2012 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to hear she’s returning. Loved how she and Gibbs were so much alike that he seemed to enjoy working with her, almost a first for him. On the other level, I wanted so much for Gibbs and Ryan to have chemistry, because I love JLC, but it just never really seemed to happen. Now, with the “other Abby,” Abby Borin, it was immediate and so natural. I’ve haven’t sensed Gibbs having that instant chemistry with a woman since they (apparently) killed off Jenny Shepard. Looking forward to her episode(s)!

Comment by arial2 – June 27, 2012 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Diane and the character Abigail. So happy that she will be back. I hope they will never ever kill the character off and keep her as a recurring until the very end of the show. She is amazing :)

Comment by Svenja – June 27, 2012 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see her return, Borin is a great character.

If Gibbs is to have a relationship, I’d much rather it be Borin then Ryan. Although I like JLC, Ryan was too nasty and competitivie with Gibbs. On the other hand, this show is terrible with outside love interests (see Barrett: EJ; Ryan: Samantha; Ray) and too often I can’t wait to see the last of them so maybe Borin is better off as just a colleague.

Comment by Kath – June 27, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good I like her.

Comment by Renee – June 27, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always thought that she was a much better match for Gibbs then Jamie Lee Curtis’s character is. Now that Jamie Lee will perpetually be on the run from her ex, this is a perfect opportunity to reintroduce her as a romantic interest.

Remember this is NCIS, so we don’t need to see Gibbs’ love interest weekly; about once every 10 episodes is about right…

Comment by Bill – June 27, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news! I really like the character of Borin – especially how they’ve written her as an actual CHARACTER and not just “so-and-so’s love interest”.

Comment by Ashley – June 27, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it must fun to have to play the feemale equivalent to Harmon’s Gibbs

Comment by instaflex – July 2, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOPE THEY SIGN TONY MCGEE AND ABBY- THEY START FILMING FOR SEASON TEN
    7-7-12 LETS GET IT DONE———————————————–

Comment by JAN – July 6, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had the feeling after she was “introduce” as Special Agent Abigail Borin CGIS,
    that things weren’t going to stay there!
    She is so thorough with the character that I think only Diane Neal is there to “stay”!
    She will reappear more and more often in different Episodes until she becomes
    part on the Serie.

Diane Neal is a strong Actress and I just don’t see anyone else handle Abigail Borin!

Or no Diane Neal, no Abigail Borin!

It’s a cut to measure character for Her!

It was planned from Day One!

Don’t worry she’ll be back!!

Serge,
    Montreal

Comment by Sege – July 23, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to find a way for the writers to write Abby Borin/Neal in on a regular basis. I’ve always liked her as an actress and she is so great as Abby Borin.

Comment by bfralia – August 3, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wouldn’t it be fun if the writers let Fornell and Borin fall in love and marry, so Gibbs (sniper) can seduce Borin from Fornell and get revenge at last!!!

Comment by Evelyn – September 9, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Diane Neal is fantastic as agent Borin:)

Comment by eva løvsjø – September 14, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FOR ME SHE IS CASEY NOVAK

Comment by gail o´hara – February 3, 2013 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Works for me. Borin is a great character and I really enjoy watching her. My preferred love interest for Gibbs has always been Col. Hollis Mann. I know she retired to Hawaii, but she’s still my favorite for Gibbs. Maybe he could show up in Oahu when the show ends, and we see that they’ve been corresponding for months and finally get together. Just sayin’….

Comment by Ilyas Adventures – June 22, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post