Blind Item: Which Primetime Soap Sweethearts Are Planning a Fall Wedding?

Get More: Blind Item, Scoop

Since I’m currently on assignment in the Pacific Northwest — between us, I’m hunting down a slice of cherry pie and a damn fine cup of coffee — AA will be MIA this week.

But, to tide you over until next time, I’m dishing out a blind item that I suspect many of you will find just as satisfying.

RELATED | 2012 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What Got Axed?

It concerns a primetime soap that, although popular, came thisclose to getting the axe at season’s end — and just when a pair of its well-liked lovebirds were heading for a reunion, too. Now I hear that, when the show returns this fall, it’ll pick up right where it left off and pleasantly surprise fans by immediately marrying off the star-crossed couple in question.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

All of which brings us to my questions for you: What’s the show? And who’s the duo? Share your guesses below, and, as always, keep an eye on my Twitter feed for clues. If I do manage to score that damn fine cup of coffee, the jolt of caffeine might inspire me to reveal more than I should!

Tags:

Comments (273)

• Chuck and Blair on Gossip Girl, maybe?

Comment by Carly – June 26, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its sooo chick and Blair from gossip girl :-)

Comment by Pamela – June 26, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whoops CHUCK and Blair :-)

Comment by Pamela – June 26, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wish it were a chick and Blair…anything but chuck really.

Comment by MariaPompeo – July 17, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely

Comment by Olivia – June 26, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh great! This is what the final season will be ALL about. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment by Keenan – June 26, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How is that in any way shape or form boring? Do you know how long fans have been waiting for these two to tie the knot?

Comment by GGFAN – June 28, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, for sure. Who else could it be?

Comment by Marisa_once – June 26, 2012 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First thing I thought about too. It just fits.

Comment by AnnClau – July 3, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope soo :D
      Or…. Im 99,99% sure of it.

Comment by Ida – July 8, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going with ‘Grimm’, since they are taping there …

Comment by Jake – June 26, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grimm was not going to be cancelled so it does not refer to that show.

Comment by CC – June 26, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grimm is not a primetime soap.

Comment by Renee – June 26, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t help thinking that its Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl, but would that be considered a soap??

Comment by bookluva4eva – June 26, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is Gossip Girl not a soap?

Comment by Guest – June 26, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The real question is “Is Gossip Girl considered popular?” Ratings say no. That being said, TVline loves Gossip Girl so I take it they do consider GG popular. SO I’m assuming it is Chuck and Blair. All will be forgiven if GG marries those crazy kids right out of the gate next season.

Comment by Ava – June 26, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gossip Girl has terrible ratings, but is actually popular over-all. And TVLine loves them some Gossip Girl, and a large portion of their feedback comes from GG viewers.

Comment by Nicole – June 26, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i love GG but i just don’t think the blind item is referring to them.

Comment by Elyse – June 26, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is a pretty popular show online though.

Comment by bookluva4eva – June 26, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah it’s pretty popular online, iTunes, and internationally speaking. Obviously, whatever show it’s referring to isn’t THAT popular if it was nearly cancelled, though. So yeah, GG fits as good as anything else. Better, IMO.

Comment by Bianca – June 26, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • even after the whole season 3, 4 and 5 crap a well-ended marriage it’s what it needs.

Comment by izzie – June 27, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it was ever endanger if getting canceled. TV Line had it labeled as a “sure thing.”

Comment by Rolfe – June 26, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, there was a question about GG’s return…. It’s back for an abbreviated season. So, GG is pretty decent guess. The show really should’ve ended after graduation from high school.

Comment by heyang – June 26, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This can’t be Addisam, can it? It seems too obvious to be them. It doesn’t make sense to pick up where they left off because of Tim Daly’s departure. They would have to do a time jump to explain his exit. Plus, with Kate Walsh leaving, I think they would keep her single.

Comment by fabinpink – June 26, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would have been my guess.

Comment by carol – June 26, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If this was the case, Shonda is indeed intending to drive the show into the ground before finally getting it cancelled, isn’t she? The woman keeps surprising me how low she can get.

Comment by O – June 26, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • kate isnt leaving though… but private practice did almsot get cancelled.

Comment by nina – June 26, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought she said she was done after 13 episodes?

Comment by Cathy – June 26, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She did. She’s gone after 13 episodes. I’m guessing the show will be too.

Comment by Rolfe – June 26, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God, I hope it’s not PP. I hope Kate Walsh had a talk with Shonda Rhimes when she decided that she’d leave about where they would go with Addison in her final season. I can see her wanting Addison to focus on her son and move on from Sam and love triangles and all that crap.

Comment by Dani – June 26, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • please no. they don’t belong together

Comment by Heather Followell Jaramillo – June 26, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Chuck and Blair makes sense. Everyone was waiting on that reunion and the shows ratings were the worst on TV so it had to be close to being cancelled. I think it would be a great way to reward the fans who stuck by the show through last years disasters.

Comment by Melly – June 26, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um false. Not everyone was waiting for their reunion. Some people like Dair and think Chair is a terrible relationship. And if GG writers’ think that marrying them fixes everything then they are dead wrong. And before you jump all over me, yes I am bitter and I have every right to be. Dair got screwed over big time. And again Chair is awful and not what “everyone” wanted.

Comment by me – July 5, 2012 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re a minority. A lot of Dair fans turned Chair again after three episodes of Dair. I think you’re disillusional now, of course NOT everyone, but a 95% of the viewers are now rooting for a Chair wedding. Get over it and forget Dair nonsense crap, it’s been Chair for 6 seasons

Comment by Aurora – July 15, 2012 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Practice – Sam & Addison. I don’t know that I’d call them a “well-liked” couple in my book, but I do know that other people seem to want them together. Plus, that show was VERY close to getting the axe.

Comment by erin – June 26, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam and Addison on Private Practice

Comment by Walter – June 26, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison and Sam on Private Practice??? I hope not!!!! She has to be with Jake!!!

Comment by frencis – June 26, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will and Emma from Glee

Comment by danielle – June 26, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It can’t be them because the show was never supposed to be cancelled and they were already together at the end of the season!

Comment by bookluva4eva – June 26, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison and Sam from Private Practice

Comment by Anna – June 26, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK AND BLAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Kalopo – June 26, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sam and addison on private practice. it was pretty close to cancellation

Comment by KK – June 26, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam and Addison on Private Practice?

Comment by Madison – June 26, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think this could be anyone but Chuck and Blair, right?

Comment by Emily – June 26, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i love Chuck and Blair as much as the next person but it could be so many other couples on other shows.

Comment by Elyse – June 26, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s GG since they didn’t ALMOST get the axe, the got the axe (shortened season, last one). I actually don’t know which of the shows could be (primetime, soap, almost cancelled).

Comment by Masa – June 26, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Getting the axe would have been cancelled entirely, and from what I hear, GG was pretty close to that.

Comment by Carly – June 26, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, we don’t REALLY know the behind the scenes deal with Gossip Girl. They could’ve very well been close to not getting a 6th shortened season. Who knows.

Comment by Jackie – June 26, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It can’t be because GG it was never a bubble show. It was almost certain going to come back it just needed to be figured out for how long

Comment by Liz – June 26, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge, Amanda & Jack !

Comment by Titmen (@Titmen_) – June 26, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I may be mistaken but I think Revenge got picked up early on. It probably wont be those two.

Comment by acriley12 – June 26, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you mean Amanda like the actual Amanda Clarke, or Fauxmanda?

Comment by Carly – June 26, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way. No one likes fake Amanda.

Comment by KS – June 26, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no offence but i dont like either of them, im more for daniel and emily/amanda whatever she wants call her self.

Comment by Bianca – August 21, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sarah and Mark from Parenthood?

Comment by AC – June 26, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope it’s Chuck and Blair on GG but no way the writers are that nice to us.

Comment by Emily – June 26, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i actually think it could be them since joshua safran gtfo and josh schwartz aka chuck and blair lover wrote the first episode of this new season………. so, it can totally be them. plus ausiello said: “immediately marrying off” which means before the summer. blair and chuck were in monaco, that could be a tip, couldn’t it?

Comment by izzie – June 27, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my guess too.

Comment by MuzzikLvr – June 26, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sarah & Mark (not Chuck & Blair)

Comment by MuzzikLvr – June 26, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How can it be Sarah and Mark if they just cast Ray Romano as a romantic interest for Sarah??

Comment by GGCB – June 26, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “As TVLine previously reported, Jason Ritter is set to return to the NBC drama as Sarah’s maybe-fiancé, so expect the latter’s friendship with Romano’s photog to complicate things.” Still could be them.

Comment by acriley12 – June 26, 2012 10:36 AM PDT
          • I still don’t think it’s Sarah and Mark. It says ‘popular’ and while I do enjoy and like Parenthood, I wouldn’t classify it as popular, at least not in regards to a lot of buzz and such.

Comment by GGCB – June 26, 2012 12:22 PM PDT
    • Oh….I hope so :)

Comment by Cheri – June 26, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nah, Parenthood performed solidly all through last season and was always a safe bet for renewal. It’s not going to be them.

Comment by Mitholas – July 26, 2012 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let it be Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl!!!

Comment by Jackie – June 26, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could this be Addison and Sam on Private Practice?

Comment by Nina – June 26, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison and Sam in Private Practice???!!!! Yes please!

Comment by Carmen – June 26, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Sam and Addison. I think Chuck and Blair would take longer to get together.

Comment by JP – June 26, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, I guess the 2.5 years apart wasn’t enough? lol

Comment by Nicole – June 26, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh, I hope it’s Chuck and Blair! Although I was hoping for a big wedding in the finale, I am NOT going to complain if it happens earlier…

Comment by Allie – June 26, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hope its Addison and Sam!

Comment by Chara – June 26, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe–Peter and Olivia?

Comment by jennybug2718 – June 26, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s already pregnant, so clearly they were already back together. We know they’ll be together in the next season.

Comment by k – June 26, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finally, someone with the same guess!

Comment by zingi – June 26, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would not classify Fringe as a primetime soap……

Comment by cmrice10 – June 26, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This.

Comment by DL – June 26, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • there have also been suggestions that it will NOT pick up right where it left off, though i suppose that could always change…

Comment by cjeffery7 – June 26, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes please!!! That would be amazing, especially since they announced she was pregnant.

Comment by Garnet_and_Gold47 – June 26, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fringe is NOT a primetime soap!

Comment by Curly Girly – June 26, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could this be Revenge’s flash-forward wedding?

Comment by Carly – June 26, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it pucks up right where it left off, so it can’t be revenge’s flash forward

Comment by Sara – June 26, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Revenge was never on the bubble to get canceled.

Comment by Rolfe – June 26, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • addison and sam on PP definetly

Comment by maria – June 26, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison and Sam from Private Practice — the show JUST squeaked out a renewal in the 11th hour and there are only 13 episodes for the final season. Also, Sam / Addison have had their fair share of drama!

Comment by SJF – June 26, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AddiSam-Private Practice?!!!!I hope so. But aren’t they gn do a time jump b/c Tim Daly’s character/Pete is not gn be there any more…..hmm..

Comment by Nicole – June 26, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair? Chuck and Blair? Why do I think this is Chuck and Blair…? *squeeee*

Comment by Sabi – June 26, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet it is Sam and Addison, but I would love it to be Peter and Olivia!

Comment by Trista – June 26, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter & Olivia Fringe

Comment by Pamela – June 26, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe no one has mentioned your Twin Peaks reference. Either everyone here is really young or I’m really old, lol.

Also, this sounds like Sam/Addison to me.

Comment by Montie – June 26, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I wanted to comment on. Twin Peaks was not set in the Pacific Northwest so…you lost me there.

Comment by Elaine – June 26, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um…not set in the Pacific Northwest?

You either watched a different show than I did or your map is different than mine…

Comment by Jessi – June 26, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • umm, yes it was.

Comment by Sara – June 26, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just about to comment on it, haha. Love Twin Peaks!

Comment by Allie – June 26, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was excited about the Twin Peaks reference too.

Comment by Chelsea McQuaid (@chelseamcquaid) – June 26, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Star crossed, obviously Chair.

Comment by Jess – June 26, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK AND BLAIR CHUCK AND BLAIR CHUCK AND BLAIR!!!

Comment by sfs – June 26, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max and naomi 90210

Comment by Micah – June 26, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think 90210 was close to being canceled.

Comment by Steven – June 26, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I remember reading several times that it probably wouldn’t come back. I was thinking maybe Adrianna and Dixon. I thought Max and Naomi did reconcile.

Comment by Carm – June 26, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE let this be Chuck and Blair!! I will die for 10 episodes of MR. and MRS. Bass :)

Comment by Nicole – June 26, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate & Rick or Chuck & Blair

Comment by Katy – June 26, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In what world was Castle nearly cancelled?

Comment by Renee – June 26, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In what world is Castle a SOAP?

Comment by Ace – June 26, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think PP, and if Kate Walsh is indeed leaving at the end of this season the show won’t continue, its already on the bubble, so losing its lead and continuing won’t happen, my guess is it will either end after 13 episodes as some think or if Kate agrees and so do the numbers then a full season and then that will be it.

Comment by Martin – June 26, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the blurred out picture above is of the guy in the situation it doesn’t look like Chuck (in my opinoin) and definitely isn’t Sam.

Comment by Elyse – June 26, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the picture above. That is the same picture Ausiello uses for all of his blind items.

Comment by David – June 26, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • haha dang it! then i’m lost. i was using that as one of my clues.

Comment by Elyse – June 27, 2012 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t have a clue, although I hope it’s not Sam and Addison, I like her with Jake better. I do however, LOVE your Twin Peaks reference. That was a GREAT show!!

Comment by emma_h – June 26, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Peter and Olivia, but Fringe is in no, way shape or form a soap opera.

Comment by Percysowner – June 26, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let it be Chuck and Blair

Comment by Chris – June 26, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping for Chuck & Blair!!! I woulkd love to see them married for the last episodes! Plus isn’t most the last season going to be about Serena and her new drug problem???

Comment by Lynde – June 26, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair PLEASE. Omg. Please let this be! Chair fans have waited long enough.

Comment by Bianca – June 26, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Chuck and Blair on Gossip Girl too. I see why some are guessing Addison and Sam but I doubt the Jake/Addison/Sam stuff will be resolved that quickly for a wedding so soon. At least I hope not. Plus, I never saw Sam/Addy as “star-crossed”.

Comment by Carly – June 26, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it is Chuck and Blair. It would certainly create a great buzz for the shows final season and erase the bad memory of season 5.

Comment by Joy – June 26, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Head to the Double R Diner for that damn fine cup of coffee and piece of cherry pie.

Comment by Theresa – June 26, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s Chuck and Blair then I’ll be vomiting. Who marries their abuser? What a nice thing to teach young girls GG

Comment by Heather – June 26, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wah wah wah. CHUCK AND BLAIR BASS BABY. :):):):)

Comment by Bianca – June 26, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • how DAIR you lolol

Comment by luna – June 26, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because /obviously/ if there’s something the audiences watch gossip girl for is to learn how to deal with my life. it’s always been such a realistic show teaching valuable life lessons, all these characters are so essentially good from nature and something to look up for when we all grow up.

P L E A S E
      wanna have a cup of tea with that bitterness of yours or…

Comment by emma – June 26, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right. Because the media in now way influences societal culture. Teen girls have not developed eating disorders and negative self-images because of the bombardment of the media’s twisted views on beauty. And there are definitely no young women who make claims to wanting a man like Chuck Bass.

So tell me, what is it like to be in a constant haze of ignorance?

Comment by mittens – June 26, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe you should volunteer with REAL LIFE PEOPLE if it concerns you so much? For the love. lol

Comment by Lauren – June 26, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank god the latest clues have now pretty much confirmed that this item pertains to Naomi/Max. At least now I will at least be spared from vomitting in disgust for a month or so after the premiere. And I am completely baffled as to how ANYONE could ever want to be treated the way Blair was treated by Chuck, but I have given up on arguing that point to death. I’m now just genuinely curious as to what kind of circus will unfold on GG come season 6….

Comment by Serena – July 24, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleaaaaase be Chuck and Blair. I have waited five years, Gossip Girl. Give me something!

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – June 26, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • most obvious blind item ever…Chuck and Blair from Gossip girl,she will wear a Vera Wang dress and he will give her a Harry Winston ring…shocker

Comment by lonestarjrs – June 26, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post