Emmys

Daytime Emmys 2012: General Hospital Tops Night With Five Wins, Days Grabs Two

The 39th Daytime Emmy Awards were handed out on Saturday night at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles, and broadcast on HLN.

General Hospital led the pack by scoring five wins in the broadcast categories, including Outstanding Drama Series and a record seventh trophy for Anthony Geary. Nancy Lee Grahn meanwhile grabbed gold for the first time since 1989 (when she was first honored for Santa Barbara).

Viewers also were treated to a conspicuously clip-free tribute to the cancelled All My Children and One Life to Live, which combined offered 80-plus years’ worth of moments to cull from. (That torturous bit of awkwardness, though well-intended, was allegedly the result of some sort of legal and/or rights tussle.)

Here are the winners in the major races; miscellaneous foodie and courtroom show stragglers might (might) be found at our sister site Deadline:

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA
WINNER | Anthony Geary, General Hospital
Accepting his seventh career Daytime Emmy, the most for any actor, Geary said, “It’s a good way for GH to start [the night]. We have 23 nominations which is pretty amazing since last year we were almost canceled for… ‘Celebrity Boob Jobs Gone Wrong,’ I think it was.” (Or The Revolution.)

OUTSTANDING WRITING IN A DRAMA
WINNER | Days of Our Lives
AKA Days‘ first writing win in 36 years.

SUPPORTING ACTOR
WINNER | Jonathan Jackson, GH
Besting no less than three Port Charles peers (Bradford Anderson, Sean Blakemore and Jason Thompson) to score his second consecutive trophy and fifth to date, JJ deemed the prize “a testament to [TV dad] Anthony Geary and his humanity and love and graciousness toward me.” He also name-checked scene partner Rebecca Herbst and “the monks on Mt. Athos who are ceaselessly praying for the life of the world.”

YOUNGER ACTOR
WINNER | Chandler Massey, Days
First-time winner!

OUTSTANDING MORNING PROGRAM
WINNER |
Today
Breaking a tie (three wins) with Good Morning America. [Insert your own Ann Curry joke.]

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
WINNER | Heather Tom, The Bold and the Beautiful
The first actress to win in the Younger, Supporting and now Lead categories, first-time mom-to-be Tom said upon arriving on stage, “My baby is going crazy!” The daytime vet then said to her peers, “I am so proud of the work we do each day, and we should all feel that way.”

TALK SHOW – INFORMATIVE
WINNER | The Dr. Oz Show

TALK SHOW - ENTERTAINMENT
WINNER | Live With Regis & Kelly

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
WINNER | Nancy Lee Grahn, GH
“OH MY FRIGGIN GOD!!!!” NLG shared via Twitter (as a previous obligation kept her from attending in person). “I’M IN MY JAMMIES with my family who mean more to me than anything!!!! So TRULY happy!!!”

TALK SHOW HOST
WINNER | Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, Live With Regis & Kelly

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING IN A DRAMA
WINNER | GH

YOUNGER ACTRESS
WINNER | Christel Khalil, The Young and the Restless
“I guess the fourth time [nominated] is the charm, huh?” the ingenue said in accepting her award.

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
WINNER | GH
Jill Farren Phelps, the show boss for GH‘s eligible run of episodes, hailed “a company of actors who have touched so many hearts for so many years..” Then, with a literal nod to her successor Frank Valentini, she said: “Somebody told me that the best stories are the ones that never end, so from the old guard to the new guard: Keep the magic going.”

And there you have it! Which wins are you cheering most loudly?

1. Nina says:

The Spencer men winning BIG tonight!!!! Except for Nathan, though. Maybe if Ethan legally changes his last name he’ll win one. lol :P CONGRATS to all the Winners tonight. :)

2. J says:

Yay Heather Tom!!!

3. SUSAN says:

i do not care for the daytin=me emmys u all never nominate the young and the restless. is it becauds there r the number one sop on the air/

4. Cheryl Jordan says:

Congratulations Anthony Geary! Loved you since the beginning!!!

5. Linda says:

The Daytime Emmy Awards were at night? Okay then.

6. Cindi says:

Are these Emmy’s on TV????

7. TMW says:

The Daytime Emmy Awards have been a joke for many years. I served on the blue ribbon acting panels in NY for 6 years and there were often only between 10-15 judging in my city. And even though the other panelists were actors from soaps judging nominees from soaps they themselves weren’t currently in you don’t think there wasn’t a major conflict? Many of them are friends even though they’re on different soaps. I did enjoy playing JEOPARDY! along with Kim Zimmer while judging game shows. And Susan Lucci absolutely deserved her Emmy the year she won.

8. Stacyh says:

Didn’t Jonathan Jackson quit General Hospital last year??

9. Bre says:

One Life to Live got shafted. It was the best ABC soap and it’s cancellation is still painful.

• Tess says:

Well it seems only appropriate that One Life To Live and All My Children get treated the same crap way they always were…why should the Daytime Emmy’s start showing the love now that their gone?! Proof not just in the lack of award noms and wins tonight but also in the lamest “tribute” to the two shows they could’ve ever come up with. I mean, why did they even bother?

• dude says:

I love GH and I’m happy it won but I have to agree. The last year of OLTL was some of the best daytime television I’ve seen in over a decade and it absolutely deserved that best series Emmy.

10. Tani says:

The actor that plays devon like 2yrs in a row when he had very little storyline and VH who played Luke on Atwt got ripped off so om so glad that Massey wins for playing a gay charater when the character of devon actually had a storyline this yr.Masey has been the best actor on days recently and I’m so happy he won.Heather Toms character gets very little storylinr but when she does she’s fantastic!Don’t think she should be in best actress catagory but then again last time gh won for best show it really sucked and OLTL should have won that year and this past year their best before being cancelled.But don’t think they will give a cancelled show the emmy and let ppl know it was mistake to yank them.GH will prob win for another crappy year whwn the show has only been good in my opinion the past few weeks?

11. Carlee says:

WOW. . .So A-W-K-W-A-R-D while Susan Lucci was doing her speech. The crowd didn’t seem to want to laugh or applaud. There were some pretty uncomfortable moments when she couldn’t seem to get a response from the audience. In general, the entire show seems a bit flat tonight. Wonder if it’s because it’s been moved from a major network to HLN. I’ve watched the Daytime Emmy’s for years, & there just seems to be something missing from tonight’s show. Anyone else sense that????

• TMW says:

The telecast two years ago was more than just flat, it was a complete and utter trainwreck. Didn’t it appear to be just one long commercial for a chain of hotels in Vegas or somethiing?

• Tess says:

It felt like no one wanted to be there for sure. Very little excitement in that room…maybe they all heard about the murder/suicide that happened at the hotel earlier…?
      It was a rather craptastic awards show – as if it was slapped together 3 days ago by people who have never witnessed an awards show on tv before. And I don’t know what was worse: the lamest “tribute” ever to All My Children and One Life To Live or having to see poor Susan Lucci announce that the best drama of the year award went to General Hospital (even though her dearly departed AMC was also nominated).
      Overall, the telecast was marginally better than the last one only because this time they managed to avoid being a long infomercial for Vegas. Luckily for me, now that AMC’s off the air I have no real reason to care to watch them ever again.

• Mary says:

Carlee–I felt the same way. Something was missing. The tribute to AMC and OLTL was lousy. I think the thing that bothered me was that there were no clips to showcase the work of the nominees and no clips to honor those two shows that have been shredded and dumped on the cutting room floor. Lisa Rinna also had some uncomfortable moments. You characterized the entire situation best when you stated it was awkward. Sigh. I applaud HLN for giving us the opportunity to watch this event, I was slightly let down in the end.

• Nadia Vigon says:

I agree 100% with u, and not to mention that the presenters seemed to not know what they were doing – the show usually has the screen showing what they have to say and nobody really looked or acted like they knew what was to be said or what was to happen

• Ann says:

I commented on this earlier. I felt kind of sorry for Susan as it was definitely not a stellar moment for her. No one knew whether to laugh or just stay quiet. The theme of the night was less than a happy moment starting out with Andersonn and that dumb muppet and dialogue in the trash can. No one knew whether to leave the stage from the left or right and no one was there most of the time to show them….very poorly thought out.

12. diana hall says:

Uh..maybe its a turn of reality.

day time soaps. yr either taken’ a bath or taping while your at work or you have a nightime job..
    what a waste of a day.
    people, life is bigger than this.
    there is a big world out there.
    hopefully the audience is getting that?

daytime soaps are addicting i guess to the point of missing your own life; hopefully you will get out and see the world. tour the globe.
    the word ‘genre’ lucci used, ouch; like its art work? maybe in the art of kitsch (which is fascinating in it self as art)

the red slip is cool. she can carry it off. it takes a lot of exterior.
    whats developed in the interior?

• TMW says:

I’d like what you’re having, Diana.

• John Baker says:

Yes there is a big world out there Diana, and sadly for many home-bound individuals they are not able to enjoy it like you or I so they delve into the world their soaps and other shows provide for them. But reading your comment makes me wonder if you even care about them!!

Tour the globe? Seriously? Are you footing that bill for everyone especially in today’s economy? Soap operas are in definition a genre just like thrillers, comedy and horror are genres. Soap operas are a offshoot in the drama genre to be exact.. It is sad that so many people lost their favorite programs during the daytime. I too have lost several night time programs but do not come to these boards crying over their demise.

And for the record I have not figured out yet how to tape on a DVD player. Many folks I know do not have DVR and VCR’s are quite hard to come by tapes for them these days. Also showers are better than baths!! The dirt flows off of you rather than sitting in it!!

13. Barbara Fight says:

Congrats to the producers of LIVE with KELLY. You have deserved this award for years! I’m so happy for you!

• Tess says:

Be fair, it was Live with REGIS and Kelly that won – not Live with Kelly…the show’s not nearly as good without him because she’s too full of herself and the revolving co-hosts have all been pretty lame. I cannot imagine her winning next year solo because there are better talk show hosts than her.

• Sharon Harshman says:

The reason Regis and Kelly won is because Regis left.If he was still on the show, then The Talk would have and SHOULD HAVE WON!!! That show is awesome! Kelly needs to go away! She is so damn annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

• estaQ says:

I love LOVE L:O:V:E Kelly, and unless it was her DH Mark as permanent co-host (which is STONGLY Not Recommended; they are cute together but their marriage is more important), I rather like the revolving co-hosts. That way if they end up with someone I don’t adore, at least I get a variety and get to enjoy the show Most of the time, see? At first I thought she was KathyLee Light, BUT soon realized she can really hold her own, and is definitely smarter (in so many ways) than KL. I do really wish Regis and she would have shown up to get the award, though. Does anyone else feel a weirdness about that relationship? Now there’s rumors/buzz about Regis going over and popping up on “fourth hour” (reeeeeally, NBC???) with Kathy Lee. If it happens, I wont watch. Just like I have NEVER seen The Chew, and never will! It actually rather frees up my day, as it turns out. =D

14. Jackie says:

GH is the best and I couldn’t pick a best from the group. But Luke thinks he killed his grandson broke my heart. I prayed it was Franco but Luke broke my heart as the little boy look so much like Jason. Lucky was so good he had to leave the show as his storyline was beyond how a person could take so much at the same time. The writers did a great job and the actors did their part.

15. Ralph says:

Will forever mourn One Life to Live. Such a shame.
    Congrats to all the winners

16. Cherie Scott says:

General Hospital is my favorite show! So happy that they got some of the nominations especially the biggest one of the night! Outstanding Drama Series!

17. Steph says:

Congrats to GH! it’s always been my fav soap.

18. leigh says:

It is a shame that AMC and OLTL were treated this way. It is such a shame to see how little their contribution to daytime was treated. And I’m sorry but the only reason Regis won is because he retired. Sigh. People wonder why no one watches daytime anymore.

• TV Gord says:

Regis didn’t retire. He refused to take another pay cut. He was, in effect, cancelled (just as the soaps were). Yet you begrudge him his Emmy while complaining that AMC and OLTL didn’t get theirs. How would you feel if they HAD won, but everyone said the only reason they won was because they were cancelled?

19. sally says:

LOVE y&r, yet, hate Lily &Cane story line. She’s a good actress, but I find it hard to believe it was award winning! BTW, y&r is the only soap I watch!

20. S says:

Congratulations Chandler Massey (Will on Days)!

• Michael says:

I am too so happy for Chandler. It’s about time they bring a gay story line on DOOL. The writing has been awesome and Chandler did it all with class. All the scenes with Diedra Hall always made me feel good. A few times made me cry too. Love them both. DOOL fan forever!

• ChrisGa says:

The most satisfying win of the night for me; Chandler Massey is the best thing going at DAYS right now(and his scenes with Deidre Hall and that sexy bastard James Scott are pure gold). With all the great work he’s been doing during the Will coming-out storyline expect him to repeat in this category next year. Congrats Chandler

21. Ron says:

What about Judge Judy! She is the number one show, even beating out Oprah when she was on!!

22. Lulu says:

Were Regis & Kelly there to accept? They’ve been bemoaning the fact they have never won so I hope they were there in person to accept. By the way, are they EVER going to announce a permanent co-host for her, or just a revolving door of guest hosts?

• TV Gord says:

Regis & Kelly haven’t gone to the Emmys in years (the whole reason their started their own annual Relly Awards was because they kept losing at the Emmys). Kelly’s ratings haven’t suffered without Regis, so they’re in no hurry to find a new co-host. They originally were going to announce a new one during May sweeps, but now they feel there’s no rush.

23. Bridgette says:

Great night for my favorite soap, GH!!

24. Anne says:

You really think if AMC, OLTL & ATWT were still running that Days of Our Lives would have taken Best Writing? Not a chance!

• Michael says:

Maybe, but we will never know because the writing couldn’t keep the viewers so that’s why they were cancelled.

• John Baker says:

Actually OLTL was the 2nd highest rated ABC show behind The View. The writing was there in place, the network, namely Brian Frons, chose to eliminate the #2 ABC daytime show for a health related show that is now gone as well. By all rights OLTL should have been saved and AMC and GH been canned!!

• Tess says:

Actually, AMC was nominated in the writing category this year…but I don’t know whether the episodes that were submitted were written in the second half of the season after the cancellation was announced when Lorraine Broderick took over as head writer or before it was canned when those other two lousy head writers were there digging the hole AMC was going to be buried in. All the writers for the whole season were listed as nominees. Either way, I think it’s possible that the voters didn’t want to award the shows that went off the air and/or felt the need to bolster the one currently most in danger of being cut next hence all the wins for GH. It seems a logical answer for why both AMC and OLTL went home empty handed (save for maybe some technical awards they didn’t show on tv perhaps).

25. Jessica says:

The show was a trainwreck. It was awkward, flat and tense. Everyone seemed mortified or miserable. I am dying to know what happened to prevent them from using clips of AMC or OLTL.

• Tess says:

It’s called ABC wouldn’t let them. Probably wanted a boat load of money for them and HLN said they had no budget to pay for them so that was the end of it. It’s a shame because fans were deprieved of the one last chance to close the book on them and say goodbye, but we all know ABC doesn’t care about soap fans so it’s not that big of a surprise.

26. april-ann says:

Wow, that was tonight? I remember skipping class with many friends and hosting this shindig. We had prizes, we had awards, we had thank you speeches, we had drinks. But most of all, we had fun. That show does not sound like fun now. Sad. Bring back our soaps!

• TV Gord says:

Why should the networks bring back any soaps when so many fans couldn’t even be bothered to find out when the Daytime Emmys were on?

• april-ann says:

Why would I seek out an awards telecast which is honoring no tv shows that I watch? “My” shows were always AMC and OLTL, and I never missed the Daytime Emmys no matter how bad they were when those shows were a part of it.

• TV Gord says:

I guess you missed that they paid tribute to AMC and OLTL. Sorry you missed it.

• april-ann says:

I’m not sorry I missed any such “tribute” to AMC and OLTL. The shows were cancelled. I have every right to have loved those shows, and miss them, without being obligated to tune into a lame awards telecast for “tributes”. The Daytime Emmys were fun to watch years ago and IMO in later years were not. I reserve the right to be passionate about my shows without being expected to seek out and tune in to awards telecasts. Should primetime shows be cancelled just because “so many fans can’t be bothered to find out when the Primetime Emmys are on”?

• TV Gord says:

No need to be so defensive. I’m just saying it’s this kind of apathy among soap fans that is the reason the genre is dying. So many people say they stopped watching years ago, but they think the networks show keep them on the air through some act of charity or something. It just gets a little tiresome to read it over and over and over (and I loved AMC & OLTL!!!). TV is a business, but many soap fans are in denial of that simple fact. I didn’t mean to single you out.

• TV Gord says:

That should be “networks SHOULD”, not show…

• TV Gord says:

Incidentally, the final episodes of OLTL are also eligible for NEXT year’s Emmys.

• april-ann says:

There’s not an option to respond to your post above, TV Gord, so I am doing so through this one. I know it’s all about money. I don’t believe for a second the genre “is dying” though. If that makes me appear stupid, then so be it. The cancellation of the soaps is about the desire to increase the profits of large corporations. I do know that some soaps throughout the years did fail to garner satisfactory ratings to justify keeping them on the air. They (networks) can tell themselves all they like, and tell us, that reality shows killed the soaps, and that people don’t want to be entertained, they want information. It was about them wanting to cheap out to increase profits and daytime soaps were an obvious and easy scapegoat for that. IMO reality shows have peaked and will become nothing more than a pop culture question in trivia games. And I for one am tired of shows lecturing me about all facets of my life. I believe people DO want to be entertained. I know I do. Looking at the recent ratings for the new Dallas, this is true, even though that is not daytime. And, I do not believe it qualifies as “apathy” if fans of any particular genre don’t wish to tune in to award shows honoring the players of that genre.

• TV Gord says:

For the record, I never used the word, “stupid”. That’s a word you used. Not me. I don’t like the implication or the inference.

The apathy I mentioned was not about the awards. It was about soap “fans” who stopped watching their shows years ago (because life got too busy…kids, work, other diversions), but for some reason, they think their shows should still be on the air, even though they’re not watching.

You can’t compare the new Dallas to a daytime soap. TNT is working on a shoestring budget (do you think Larry Hagman is pulling in the salary he was on CBS? Don’t kid yourself.) And Dallas is only making TEN one-hour episodes this season. Ten. Plus, they have the benefit of multiple airings (therefore multiple opportunities for people to watch the show live, rather than FFing the commercials). It’s a whole different ball game.

Everything you’ve just written about…the desire to increase profits, etc. That’s all true. The thing is…it has been that way since the dawn of television!!! The reason they’re called “soap” operas was because the primary purpose of these shows was to sell soap. The advertisers don’t care if you’re watching the show. They only care if you’re watching their commercials. It has ALWAYS been that way. And soaps USED TO BE profitable for the networks. They are NOT anymore. It’s just a sign of the times and a fact of life. Therefore, yes, the genre is dying.

I’m a soap fan. I’ve watched them since I was a boy and I got home from school just as The Edge of Night was coming on. I hate to see them dying…but I’ve been aware of the decline of soaps for more than a decade. The rest of you are all in denial.

27. robin says:

I think they couldnt show clips from Amc and oltl because they don’t own the rights anymore.remember prospect park people.maybe they couldn’t get permission.

28. matt says:

Was it just me or was Deidre Hall a bit snippy to one of the people in the audience who called out a name of who they wanted to win while she was opening the envelope?

• ChrisGa says:

Lol, she was; I think her comment was something to the effect of “I’ll announce the winner, thank you” I thought it was kinda funny personally.

• Heather says:

I love Deidre!! I don’t think she meant to be snippy. But, it was rude, you don’t shout out while someone is trying to open the freaking envelope. It’s not a concert or a Q&A! I was cracking up!!

29. tim says:

To all of you making comments about the show — this show was put together in less than three weeks from what I hear because they didn’t even have a network that would show it. The anderson/grouch opening was a terrible choice and went on too long — seriously, daytime is going down the tubes and you have an opening about how daytime sucks??? And what was up with that Vegas slot machine music playing during the winners. I really wish they showed the scenes from the actors, it would have made it more exciting. Anyways, so happy that Live with regis and kelly finally won best talk show — something they have never won and so happy that regis and kelly won as hosts — wish they were there to accept.

30. tim says:

they didn’t have clips because of a legal tussle? Seriously? ABC cancels two soaps and they don’t want anyone to see clips from the show — how insulting.

31. Shaun says:

Q:How is Anthony Geary a lead actor?His character dissapears more than anyone elses and when he is around his stories aren’t so hot.He should be tossed into supporting actor.

• CJ says:

It’s largely a matter of perception and habit, but amount of time spent on a show over the course of a year doesn’t matter–the award is for an episode (not an entire series), so theoretically, an actor appearing on one episode could win Best Actor if his part in that episode was the primary role.

32. artimis says:

I like Nancy Lee Graham, but I was hoping Rebecca Herbst would get best supporting actress

33. Captain says:

I cannot believe Chandler Massey was recognized for his horrible acting. He is BY FAR the worst actor on Days, including Gabby. He overacts every line of dialogue he’s given and shouts practically every sentence. I have to assume the prestige of him being the first major gay storyline on that show had something to do with it because being angry all the time doesn’t make him a good actor.

• Michael says:

I’m not sure you watch Days or your a big fan of it. But Chandler Massey has done a great job of portraying a young man who has to deal with coming out. I too remember how hard it was (I was 15) and all the emotions that you feel. Just wanting to feel excepted, no matter how nice or if your a good person you still have ignorant people who will tease you or even try to hurt you. I’m thankful for DOOL and the way they have written this story. Chandler is awesome!

• ChrisGa says:

Uh, don’t know what you’re watching, but Chandler Massey is one of the best young actors in daytime right now.

34. Lisa ogden says:

Theres only 2 shows on during the day, days of our lives and dr. oz. those are the only shows I watch during daytime, on regular channels anyway. Most of the time im watching history, or science, or nat. Geo.
    Been watching days since day 1, so far, thanx to recording, I have only missed a week, the week after my stroke. Praise God for a wonderful family and super drs. I was able to pick right back up on everything right away! Days cast and writers are great.

35. Mary says:

I do not understand Heather Tom receiving the award for best actress in a leading role. Kathereine Kelly Lang has never received anything. She has carried ”Bold and the Beautiful” since its inception. Shame on the Academy for never noticing Katherine Kelly Lang and her brillant work. She is the leading role and the glue that keeps me watching.

36. Fran says:

Heather Tom is a fine actress, but it is difficult to comprehend how she won
    “Best Actress”. She is hardly in scenes on a daily basis. Erica Slezak took OLTL out with dignity and certainly deserved the award. Unfortunately this comes off as a sham and shows no respect to those who are truly outstanding in daily performanes. The cancellation of OLTL still astounds me and was a magnanimous mistake on the part of ABC. “The Revolution” and “The Chew” are a disgrace and an insult to longtime soap fans.

• Jake says:

The actors ony submit one episode to be judged, you can check out their dub missions on goldderby.com. Unfortunately, if they can get the same ratings without a costly soap, it only makes economic sense.

37. Enuf!TwitTwatWriters says:

YAY CHRISTEL!!!! A well deserved win! ”’Your work on Y&R has always been stellar; that’s why you and Daniel are Fan Favourites!
    Failure of TIIC at Y&R to give you your due but chosing instead to focus on MAB’s Favs with stupid plot CBS/Sony will listen and fire that hack, all the former ABC actors and that horrid Casting Director!. point SLs that have viewers fleeing is the reason Y&R didn’t win in any other category! Maybe now

38. Enuf!TwitTwatWriters says:

Failure of TIIC at Y&R to give you your due but chosing instead to focus on MAB’s Favs with stupid plot point SLs that have viewers fleeing is the reason Y&R didn’t win in any other category! Maybe NOW CBS/Sony will listen and fire that hack, all the former ABC actors and that horrid Casting Director!.

39. Aus1967 says:

Y&R deserved nothing this year, It was the best soap on air, but the quality of writhing acting and directing in theses few short weeks alone must have Mr Bell turning in his grave, the final straw for me was that amateurish fight between Sharon and Nicky it was so poorly acted and directed that five year olds would have taken the scene more seriously and executed it with more finesse, (THEY EVEN COULD NOT MAKE IT TONGUE AND CHEEK FUN).
    The acting he only high point is Michelle Stafford, (the miscarriage, seen could have taken up a week alone but now rush it move to the next poor devised story), but even the long awaited conclusion to the Paul, Cricket, Phyllis story over 15 years in the waiting is handled with all the flair of a stinking day old fish left out in the mid day sun, but thankfully acted superbly as always, she much get really sick of caring this show.
    Mr Bell could take a story and wrangle every last juicy nuance out of it and now I have seen YouTube vid with better acting, writing and direction than this hot mess has become sad to see this once mighty powerhouse has sunk to.
    Sack the writers, cul some of the dead wood cast, tighten up Genoa city’s sets and locals and drain every last bit juice out of every story instead of jumping ten stories at once hoping something sticks, its just stinks in the end.

40. ziyal says:

so much yay for NLG!! Thanks for the pic, MATT!!

41. kellie says:

This is totally unreal. I do not know what method they are using for chosing the best actor or actress of a series, but it’s a Damn Shame. It’s so sad, and the nerve to have someone from the B &B receiving an award, now that really nutts.
    Konnie I hope you go my back on this crap.