TVLine Items: GH Fave Eyes Return, New Game Player, MTV Sets Inbetweeners Premiere and More

Here’s some Maxie-mized news for General Hospital fans: Suds vet Kirsten Storms is in talks to (finally) return to the ABC soap after taking a leave of absence last September for personal reasons, Soap Opera Digest reports.

Amid much fan criticism, Jen Lilley (The Artist) has been filling the role of Maxie Jones since Storms’ longer-than-originally-anticipated hiatus.

RELATED | General Hospital Scoop: OLTL‘s Blair Is on Her Way Back – Find Out Why!

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Newcomer Jay Ellis — who has had walk-on parts on Hart of Dixie and NCIS — has nabbed a series regular role on the upcoming season of The Game. Per Deadline, he joins as Blue, an Ivy League running back who, while smart, has a lot to learn about life and love.

• MTV has set a premiere date for its upcoming comedy, The Inbetweeners. The new series — which is based on the British hit by the same name — is set to bow Monday, August 20 at 10:30/9:30c. Take a peek below at some key art of the ‘tweeners in action.

• Goth rocker Marilyn Manson has been tapped to play himself in the seventh episode of Californication‘s upcoming sixth season.

• Franklin & Bash‘s Garcelle Beauvais will guest-star in a July episode of The Exes, per The Hollywood Reporter, playing a love interest for Donald Faison’s Phil.

• Marriage Ref alum Tom Papa has been cast in Behind The Candelabra, HBO’s upcoming biopic about Liberace. Per Deadline, he’ll co-star opposite Michael Douglas as a longtime friend of the flamboyant musician.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. t.t says:

I’m cautiously excited about inbetweeners. Love the UK version but worry about the us version and how it’ll translate but lets hope its more like US shameless and less like the us version of skins. Of course shameless was Showtime and Skins was MTV so this could be another skins but lets hope mtv learned from their mistake.

2. Ed says:

Love the UK version of the Inbetweeners. Not sure about the US version

3. Emily says:

So excited about Kirstin Storms coming back…She is very, very much missed.

4. wrstlgirl says:

I happen to think Jen Lilley has been doing a fantastic job. A little ruff at first but she’s truly grown into the role and is alot of fun to watch. Not to say that Kirsten Storms isn’t fun too.

5. megs says:

Yay Kirsten!! Her Maxie was the only reason I watched. Nothing against Jen, I just think Kirsten is absolutely fantastic. I will be waitin to tune in again when she comes back!

• Shaun says:

The reason most seem to like Kirsten is because she has loads on tv experience and has better recognition.

6. Denise says:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Can’t wait to have Kirsten Storms back, she was greatly missed. Maxie’s spark has been missing.

7. Shannon says:

This makes me so happy, Jen Lilley has been OK, but during all these dramatic months that Maxie has had, I couldn’t help but think how good Kirsten would of been.

8. RT says:

I much prefer Jen Lilley in the role and would like to see her stay. I am glad to hear Storms is in better health though.

• Tenney says:

I completely agree. I know Kirsten Storms is a fan favorite, but I finally started to enjoy the character of Maxie when Jen Lilley took over.

9. Mick says:

Is MTV trying to be the American E4 first, Skins now Inbetweeners.

10. RENNIE says:

I WONT BE SUPRISED IF THEY REMAKE MISFITS

11. Lynne says:

I had some hope for US Skins cuz I love the UK version and we all know that turned into a complete failure, so I am more nervous about Inbetweeners which I am obsessed over. But I will do the same thing I did with US Skins: Give it an honest shot and if it doesnt pull me in, then it will be back to the UK version, which I will have on dvd by then.

12. Deb says:

Inbetweeners was fantastic, might have been better on BBCA, if everything hadn’t been bleeped. Not sure about a US version.

13. Gracie Noble says:

I’d like to think the US version of The Inbetweeners won’t suck, but US networks (yes, even MTV) are so afraid of the things that made the original funny that they are bound to water it down. Language, racism, homophobia, sexism… all those bits that made the boys ignorantly idiotic seem out of reach here. How far is MTV willing to push the envelope?

• Lynne says:

You have to admit they did push the envelope quite a bit with their Skins. Its just the PTC prudes raised such a huge fuss about it that it didnt have a chance. But it didnt help that it just sucked anyway. I still say that if HBO or ShoTime got Skins and Inbetweeners instead, it would be a lot better cuz they are not ruled by the FCC or afraid of the PTC and can air basically anything.

14. sara says:

Jen just couldn’t pull off the complex role of Maxie the way Kirsten can. KS just has that spark u need to make anything Maxie does fun to watch.

15. Alex says:

i believe it when i see kristen storms on gh again. but i would not hold my breathe until then.

16. bob says:

UGH, why remake something that doesn’t need to be remade? MTV will ruin it.

17. Yay! It’s about time!

18. Bonnie says:

When is she coming back?!

19. I have gotten used to the other Maxie, and I think she did a fantastic job. When they replaced Carly, a lot of people thought she would not be good, but she is better!

20. Online Slots says:

Whether it’s unclear, mail or perhaps mobile phone them to see what the deal will be. Here’s a speedy writeup on that free of charge benefit
    simply no deposit Casino that could allow you to
    get enjoying around 100 different game titles that you will absolutely love.