TVLine Items: GH Fave Eyes Return, New Game Player, MTV Sets Inbetweeners Premiere and More

Here’s some Maxie-mized news for General Hospital fans: Suds vet Kirsten Storms is in talks to (finally) return to the ABC soap after taking a leave of absence last September for personal reasons, Soap Opera Digest reports.

Amid much fan criticism, Jen Lilley (The Artist) has been filling the role of Maxie Jones since Storms’ longer-than-originally-anticipated hiatus.

RELATED | General Hospital Scoop: OLTL‘s Blair Is on Her Way Back – Find Out Why!

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Newcomer Jay Ellis — who has had walk-on parts on Hart of Dixie and NCIS — has nabbed a series regular role on the upcoming season of The Game. Per Deadline, he joins as Blue, an Ivy League running back who, while smart, has a lot to learn about life and love.

• MTV has set a premiere date for its upcoming comedy, The Inbetweeners. The new series — which is based on the British hit by the same name — is set to bow Monday, August 20 at 10:30/9:30c. Take a peek below at some key art of the ‘tweeners in action.

• Goth rocker Marilyn Manson has been tapped to play himself in the seventh episode of Californication‘s upcoming sixth season.

• Franklin & Bash‘s Garcelle Beauvais will guest-star in a July episode of The Exes, per The Hollywood Reporter, playing a love interest for Donald Faison’s Phil.

• Marriage Ref alum Tom Papa has been cast in Behind The Candelabra, HBO’s upcoming biopic about Liberace. Per Deadline, he’ll co-star opposite Michael Douglas as a longtime friend of the flamboyant musician.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (27)

• I’m cautiously excited about inbetweeners. Love the UK version but worry about the us version and how it’ll translate but lets hope its more like US shameless and less like the us version of skins. Of course shameless was Showtime and Skins was MTV so this could be another skins but lets hope mtv learned from their mistake.

Comment by t.t – June 22, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the UK version of the Inbetweeners. Not sure about the US version

Comment by Ed – June 22, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited about Kirstin Storms coming back…She is very, very much missed.

Comment by Emily – June 22, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I happen to think Jen Lilley has been doing a fantastic job. A little ruff at first but she’s truly grown into the role and is alot of fun to watch. Not to say that Kirsten Storms isn’t fun too.

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 22, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto!

Comment by Leola – June 22, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JL is also a trooper considering how rude people are to her.

Comment by Amy – June 22, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Kirsten!! Her Maxie was the only reason I watched. Nothing against Jen, I just think Kirsten is absolutely fantastic. I will be waitin to tune in again when she comes back!

Comment by megs – June 22, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The reason most seem to like Kirsten is because she has loads on tv experience and has better recognition.

Comment by Shaun – June 23, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Can’t wait to have Kirsten Storms back, she was greatly missed. Maxie’s spark has been missing.

Comment by Denise – June 22, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me so happy, Jen Lilley has been OK, but during all these dramatic months that Maxie has had, I couldn’t help but think how good Kirsten would of been.

Comment by Shannon – June 22, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I much prefer Jen Lilley in the role and would like to see her stay. I am glad to hear Storms is in better health though.

Comment by RT – June 22, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree. I know Kirsten Storms is a fan favorite, but I finally started to enjoy the character of Maxie when Jen Lilley took over.

Comment by Tenney – June 22, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is MTV trying to be the American E4 first, Skins now Inbetweeners.

Comment by Mick – June 22, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WONT BE SUPRISED IF THEY REMAKE MISFITS

Comment by RENNIE – June 22, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • already happening. google it.

Comment by Mick – June 22, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had some hope for US Skins cuz I love the UK version and we all know that turned into a complete failure, so I am more nervous about Inbetweeners which I am obsessed over. But I will do the same thing I did with US Skins: Give it an honest shot and if it doesnt pull me in, then it will be back to the UK version, which I will have on dvd by then.

Comment by Lynne – June 22, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ZENON!!!

Comment by cjeffery7 – June 22, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Inbetweeners was fantastic, might have been better on BBCA, if everything hadn’t been bleeped. Not sure about a US version.

Comment by Deb – June 22, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to think the US version of The Inbetweeners won’t suck, but US networks (yes, even MTV) are so afraid of the things that made the original funny that they are bound to water it down. Language, racism, homophobia, sexism… all those bits that made the boys ignorantly idiotic seem out of reach here. How far is MTV willing to push the envelope?

Comment by Gracie Noble – June 22, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have to admit they did push the envelope quite a bit with their Skins. Its just the PTC prudes raised such a huge fuss about it that it didnt have a chance. But it didnt help that it just sucked anyway. I still say that if HBO or ShoTime got Skins and Inbetweeners instead, it would be a lot better cuz they are not ruled by the FCC or afraid of the PTC and can air basically anything.

Comment by Lynne – June 22, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jen just couldn’t pull off the complex role of Maxie the way Kirsten can. KS just has that spark u need to make anything Maxie does fun to watch.

Comment by sara – June 22, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i believe it when i see kristen storms on gh again. but i would not hold my breathe until then.

Comment by Alex – June 22, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH, why remake something that doesn’t need to be remade? MTV will ruin it.

Comment by bob – June 22, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! It’s about time!

Comment by Erica Wolfert – July 10, 2012 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is she coming back?!

Comment by Bonnie – July 23, 2012 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have gotten used to the other Maxie, and I think she did a fantastic job. When they replaced Carly, a lot of people thought she would not be good, but she is better!

Comment by Margaret Whiteside – July 30, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whether it’s unclear, mail or perhaps mobile phone them to see what the deal will be. Here’s a speedy writeup on that free of charge benefit
    simply no deposit Casino that could allow you to
    get enjoying around 100 different game titles that you will absolutely love.

Comment by Online Slots – July 6, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post