Joel Kinnaman Weighs In on a Killing Season 3: 'It Would Have to Reboot Itself'

The Killing‘s Linden and Holder finally got to the bottom of Rosie Larsen’s murder in last weekend’s finale, but a bigger mystery surrounds what will become of the not-yet-renewed AMC drama. At least one person remains hopeful about a Season 3 pick-up, and for good reason: the show’s scrappy detective, Joel Kinnaman.

“We’ve invested a lot in these characters and want to see how they continue their journey,” he tells TVLine, making a case for a third go-round in Seattle. “I feel like Linden and Holder [are] just [getting] started.”

Of course, another season of the gritty crime drama would mean that “the series has to reboot itself,” Kinnaman explains — an “interesting” prospect in his eyes. “It’s like the first season [of a show], where it [would] be original material and not based on the Danish [series] anymore.”

RELATED | The Killing Season 2 Finale Recap: Who Killed Rosie Larsen? Well….

As for Season 3 without his character’s other-half/partner, Linden (played by Mireille Enos) — who presumably quit the force in the finale’s final moments — Kinnaman says with a laugh that that is unlikely. “I imagine that there would be a new case, and that Linden’s obsessive nature is not going to keep her away from police work for too long. “

Are you still hopeful for a third season of The Killing? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Scoop

1. Judy Hummel says:

I would like to see it, especially more Holder/Linden.

2. MikeyM says:

It got progressively worse. Not much ratings wise either.

• Lyn says:

Sadly, I agree — despite great atmospherics and good acting. By the end I cared less about virtually every character, not more! Would love to see Joel Kinnaman again in something else, though.

• Denise says:

Friday Night Lights had dismal ratings, yet the network believed in it enough that they held onto the show for five seasons. Perhaps your boredom stemmed from the fact that The Killing is a “thinking person’s” show, and you just might not have had the mental capacity to follow along.

• Sorry I disagree. They related to the crime from a victims viewpoint not just the police perspective. The characters are excellent especially Holder/Linden partnering. Would love to see season three.

3. Pamela says:

Loved the series & would definitely love to see more.

• Meagan says:

Definitely want to see more!

• filmex says:

The entire tale of “who killed Rosie” could be summed up by the moment when Linden and Holder walked into Stan’s garage and they were asked, “Don’t you guys even knock anymore?’
      No, they don’t.
      What they DO do is get people killed or nearly so over and over again. They pointed the finger at Rosie’s teacher and nearly got him beaten to death. They pointed the finger at Darren Richmond and he ended up paralyzed in a wheelchair for life. This ultimately ended up with Stan’s friend Belko being gunned down.
      Linden and Holder were so cavalier in throwing about their suspicions, they ended up wreaking a lot more havoc than the actual matter of Rosie’s death.
      Season Three could be Linden and Holder trying to investigate a case, but everyone running in horror at the mere sight of the duo, knowing they are the Angels of Death.
      Who killed Rosie…Terry, kind of accidentally.
      Who got everyone else killed or maimed…Holder and Linden.

• The Drake says:

Don’t forget…..it’s just a “story”. Fiction if you will. I didn’t like to see Belko kill
        himself/the teacher beaten up/or Richmond paralyzed either….but it’s the fabric
        that makes the story live. Real life isn’t any better is it ??? Not by the News reports I read.
        So, lighten up, and take it for what it is…..a murder “Mystery”.

4. arial2 says:

Yes! I’d love a third season. The series dipped a little in my interest for a few episodes, but then it soared back with those last episodes of season two.

• JD says:

I agree with you, but in my mind the biggest change would have to be abandoning the “one episode per day” story structure. If they agree to this, a third season could be possible. The characters are great and the acting is great, but the story progressed way too slowly. I understand that the writers were trying to add realism to the story, but instead of appropriately frustrating the audience with a slowly developing story, they drove away millions of viewers with several useless episdoes that could be permanently removed from the show and it would not have affected the storyline at all. Yes, we’re impressed with the talent level of the actors on the show, but that doesn’t mean we will overlook a large number of filler episodes in the two short seasons so far.

• LizA180 says:

I liked the pace but you’re right, the episode they spent looking for Linden’s son or her dealing with her son were not needed. Finally they just sent the son away which made the storyline much better. The pace to me was fine because it allowed us to get to know the characters better and develop them. SO many people were just after the end result of finding out the killer. Personally, I enjoyed the ride and enjoyed the twists and getting to know the Larsen family. I loved Stan and loved watching him try to pick up the pieces. I also enjoyed watching Richmond have to deal with the loss of walking and they did that fairly well. I would love to see more Holder and his nephew. Holder, to me, was the best character and I hope we get to see him again.

• Why does everything in today’s world have to be done in such a big hurry ? I love the way they leave you hanging after each episode and know that many others do too,that’s what makes it such a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Ewing says:

It’s not that it was slow, it’s that it was stupid ,tedious, ridiculous and pointless. In the end, it was just overlong ep of Law and Order: CI.

• I guess we will just have to agree to disagree Ewing !! Have a good day.

• filmex says:

I agree with Ewing.
            Patience is good. Ambiguity is good. But, taking two years to tell a tale where the big resolution turns out not to be Rosie’s intended murder but rather a series of almost accidents, makes it the shaggy dog story of all time.

Over the next two years maybe Linden and Holder can investigate the case of the young boy who was bludgeoned to death, but when all is said and done, it turns out he merely slipped on the ice and hit his head on the sidewalk.

• Chris Saran says:

You have no idea what you are talking about? No wonder movies and TV in the U.S. are so horrible. Stupid and boring is what most movies and TV shows are. It was fantastic to see two flawed characters, like Linden and Holder, find a way to solve the Rosie Larsen case despite all the obstacles that were in their way. Just like Hatfields & McCoys there is an audience for mature and intelligent TV shows.

5. Lew says:

More More MOre

6. Gertrude says:

Was Linden even still working for the police in the final episode? I thought she got fired.

• Amy says:

I remember seeing Holder give her her badge back, I think it was the last episode. So I think she was back on the force officially.

• Joe says:

In the last episode, Linden made a deal with the Mayor to get her back on the force.

7. More please. AMC is already coming off a fair few bad decisions. Hope they don’t make the cancellation of this awesome show another one.

8. Karen says:

I would love another season.

I want more Holder. I want more Linden. I want more The Killing.

Seriously, I want to know what Veena have in mind with this ‘new case’ (a body found close to the airport) that was “introduced” in the Season Finale.

Enos and Kinnaman have a such great chemistry.

9. JH says:

Excellent actors who were given garbage material… it’s like no one associated with the show had even bothered to read a book about police work or talk to an actual cop…

• nabocane says:

I wouldn’t say “garbage;” we only need to look at most other shows on TV to see that this is far from garbage. But the myopic, purely-reactive nature of the investigation did strain our suspension of disbelief.

• LizA180 says:

I have to disagree. I thought it was well done. When the Larsen’s saw Rosie’s body in the morgue, I cried and thought that was a very well done scene. This was FAR from garbage and 10xs better than most other stuff on TV.

• Sorry to disagree with you JH I think the writing was excellent and finally a show that isn’t loaded with SEX and stupid reality nonsense.

• Denise says:

Wrong again! I’ve read repeatedly that the team of writers spent an enormous amount of time researching and consulting REAL COPS for their input, and learned that this is exactly how most murder cases are investigated in real life, in the absence of a smoking gun or eyewitnesses.

10. jmarc says:

I love the show. I didn’t care a bit that the Rosie Larsen murder wasn’t solved at the end of Season 1. Those who want instant gratification should watch Law and Order reruns. Yes, I’m hoping for a third season.

• LizA180 says:

Well said, Jmarc. Couldn’t agree with you more!

• Dwigt says:

Could somebody explain to me why, to defend this show, people always mention that those who hated it should stick to “Law & Order” or “CSI”? It’s as if the messages were written by the same person…

I hated the show, but I don’t feel the need to compare it to “The Wire”, “Mad Men” or another show that doesn’t grant instant gratification, and that’s actually good. “The Killing” was simply average television that was also quite pretentious and it should be judged on its own terms.

“The Killing” was actually much more formulaic that the style and the initial concept would suggest. The investigation only made progresses through an unbelievable string of red herrings, almost each episode would end with a cliffhanger that would be deflated five minutes into the next episode. “Duck” Philips would threaten the cops to take away the case from them every day, then would do nothing… And Chief Jackson would always break her girlfriend’s hand by accident before turning her to the Feds…

And the final insult was the meeting with Richmond as the elected mayor, who turns to the dark side just because he had just heard from his own worst enemy that the job would corrupt him. Not only it was completely stupid to have such a change of heart from the character, but the scene with Gwen being shut out of the meeting was also a complete rip-off from the final shot of The Godfather…

11. Teresa says:

Yes Ioved Holder and Linden plus there’s some unrequited love there too

12. Kathy says:

Yes, I hope there is a 3rd season of The Killing. Holder is one of my favorite characters on tv. I also am not one of those people who had a problem with it taking two seasons to find out who killed Rosie. I think the pay off was worth it.

13. nabocane says:

Hell yes. I’d like to see it do one case each season; like “24,” except…well, 12 or 13.

14. Kat says:

I abandoned show after season 1. Didn’t watch a single episode except finale of S2. Because wanted to see finally who killed that stupid Rosie. And I almost died from boringness. Sorry I will not return for Season 3 either. They fooled me once with season 1. They will not fool me again. They will have another murder that they will investigate for 13 episodes. And every episode will have “crucial” cliffhanger with new suspect and then in next episode they will be like: “Ha-ha you silly. We fooled you. That person was not the killer. She was innocent. Here you have another cliffhanger with another suspect”…

And I am sure that somehow they will bring those grieving parents and boring politician back too.

• kate says:

yeah, I always take time to be angry at TV shows I quit a year ago. No fooling you into season 3! nothing gets by you! you’re one smart cookie. and you nearly died of “boredom.” not “boringness.” idiot.

• Winning says:

Your intellectual speech really moved me.. Actually, I think you were just to stupid to watch the show and the inability to break-down information was the leading cause for your “boringness”. You want to see something solved in 38 minutes? Watch Criminal Minds, CSI, Law & Order, or some other show. This was a decently well written, change of pace. Better yet, go investigate an actual murder, lets see how fast you solve it, and how many times you get fooled.. And since your such a great actress, maybe they will recruit you for a new TV series and you can be the smartest person alive, considering you need to play a role that you can’t ever step into..

• Kat says:

Those producers laughed to your face, they spit on you… and you took it all and watched their stupid show again. Have some self respect. And guess what – I do like to watch CSI, Castle, Law and Order, Longmire, Grimm and other criminal shows. I watched trailer for Killing and I was thinking that Killing is another awesome criminal show. Little did I know that they will investigate for two years (in our time) one stupid case.

• Denise says:

Why is it that people who didn’t like the show are so vehement about it being cancelled? There are dozens and dozens of TV shows I don’t like, so I simply DON’T WATCH THEM. I don’t go onto websites bashing what I think are stupid premises, poor acting, or simpleton plotlines that any high schooler could have written. There are so many programs to watch, that even if you sat in front of the boob tube 24×7 you would still have more to choose from. So what’s it to you if the viewers and critics influence a third season of The Killing? Is it just going to anger you and affect your entire life in such a negative way? Watch something else, or read a book, or – better yet – go get therapy to discover why a fictional TV show has such a profoundly negative experience on you. The haters are wierd, perhaps a bit touched in the head…and unless they’re majority stockholders of the network should not give a rat’s ass if one hour a week on one network happens to offer a show they don’t personally like.

• Christie says:

I too am at a loss as to why the critics of the show are so vehement. I imagine many were viewers who were upset when the first season didn’t reveal the killer. I for one am glad the story continued into season two. I enjoyed every second of the plot twists, the false leads, the dreary weather. Denise is right. Turn to another program. No one is forcing you to watch. But why you want to screw it for the rest of us and work to NOT have a season three is beyond me. You all need to get a life. Good tv is hard to come by. We cannot afford to lose The Killing.

• LizA180 says:

Well, if you had watched S2, you wouldn’t have found the finale boring. It was well worth it and done very well. Seeing the rest of the season and the episodes with Rosie in them were so worth it. Linden in the psych ward and Holder rescuing her, Linden flashing the key card as an “f you” to the bitch in the casino, watching Stan take care of his kids, etc. There was so much more than just the murder of Rosie. It was incredible and I’m sorry you missed out.

• Kat says:

The problem is that I just don’t care anymore. I don’t care about boring politician and his problems. I cared about grieving parents for some 3 episodes but then they became annoying. I don’t care about stupid teenage son of Linden. Biggest problem was that I lost interest in those people and their personal problems. That’s why I didn’t watch S2. Didn’t want to waste 13 weeks on story that I don’t care about anymore.

• Denise says:

Come on, Kat, you absolutely DO care! That’s why you continue to post comments here. In fact, you care way too much, and it makes you look like an idiot. I accidentally watched an episode of Rizzoli and Isles when I was in bed with the flu, and I thought it was horrendously stupid. If I had then searched out a comment board pertaining to the show just to bash it, I would’ve admitted myself to a psych ward to gain an understanding of why a simple TV show could get my panties into such a wad. So unless you have some strange cable plan that only offers AMC, and only airs programming on Sunday evening during a one-hour time slot, then get over it. If you care as little as you say you do, then give your keyboard a break and get a real life.

15. Eliza says:

Well, I’m all for a 3rd Season. I love Linden and Holder!
    I want Joel Kinnaman to stay on my tv. He’s excellent as Holder.

16. kate says:

what he doesn’t say is that he and Enos ARE the case for season 03. the two of them are amazing. they just need to pick up the pace a bit.

17. Roberta says:

Yes, please more The Killing, Lovedthe characters, loved the show, and did not care at all how many seasons it took to close the case. Great acting.

18. Amy says:

I would really love to see another season (or more). I really love Linden and Holder together and I too felt like they were just starting to mesh and understand each other. I was a little disappointed in S2 but overall I stuck with it and glad I did. Another case would be great.

19. David says:

I sure hope that The Killing comes back for a 3rd season. We need more brilliant shows like this that turn normal procedural formulas on their heads. I absolutely LOVE how the show was handled in both seasons, especially each of the finales. I would love to keep watching these 2 amazing characters solving murders for many more years.

• LizA180 says:

I agree with you, David! In this age of split second technology and procedurals that solve it in an hour, its so refreshing to see a crime drama where the characters develop and we get to see how the victims and those accused have to deal with the repercussions. I was a fan of both seasons and loved the finales as well. I still can’t figure out why people were soooo upset about the twist in the S1 finale. I was actually excited about it because I really enjoyed Brent Sexton (Stan) and wanted him to come back. I just couldn’t believe people would drop a show simply because they weren’t handed a resolution in a red bow.

• Christie says:

Thank you for so eloquently expressing my sentiments and those of many others. I too was taken aback by the meanspirited comments because season one didn’t reveal the killer. I enjoyed the weekly exploration of characters and motives. By the time season 2 ended you felt like they could be family. I hope AMC renews The Killing because to not do so would be a loss for all tv viewers.

20. Chloe says:

I was furious when they didn’t solve Rosie’s murder and swore that I wouldn’t watch Season 2. When it came time for Season 2, I caved & watched every episode. LOL And I’m glad I did. I thought it got better this season & I hope they have a Season 3.

21. chaoswolf61 says:

It took way too long to find out who killed Rosie. The characters ceased to be interesting, and they just got kind of pathetic after a while. I don’t mind the length, and I would’ve understood the case taking a long time, but the extension of the plot seemed very forced to me.

22. Mari says:

Please renew it.

23. Lynne says:

My problem with the series wasn’t the acting or the actors or even the story – it was the lighting! I live in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon) and yes, our winters tend to be gloomy but not usually for 3 weeks in a row. And, when it’s raining you TURN THE LIGHTS ON IN THE HOUSE even if it’s daytime. I could hardly distinguish any of the action even on the days it wasn’t raining or when the action took place inside. So annoying.

24. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

I thought season one sucked but season two was consistent and a hell of a lot better. I hope they get a third to see how they do with a new case.
    On a seperate note MEGAN or anyone else at Team TVLINE is there a certain deadline amc has til to decide on renewal?

25. Pepper says:

I love this show. Linden and Holder really have chemistry. And not that sexy, boy-girl, lame will-they/won’t they p.o.s that’s on every other show. It’s about case & characters.

26. Rico Swavvy says:

We don’t care if it’s wrapped up in an hour. We just want a coherent story that has been thought through and is cohesive. Get rid of Veena Sud and bring in good writers.

27. Omnimystery says:

I would only come back with some assurance that Veena Sud is no longer associated with the show. She has amply demonstrated that she has absolutely no understanding of what it takes to not only draw viewers in but to keep them coming back. The Killing survived and seem to improve during the second season in spite of her efforts, not because of them.

28. Mike Winans - Chicago says:

One of the best crime series I have ever seen. Linden/Holder was what held this series together. I liked the plot and the way it kept turning into another round of clues. The critics are reviewing this like it was Gone With the Wind and not understanding that it is tv entertainment with a fine cast and something that, for my family, kept us glued to the set when the next show aired. Don’t let this fine duo go by the wayside. If Law & Order SVU can make it since 1990, there is no reason not to continue with Linden/Holder. They far exceed any duo on tv.

29. Anthony says:

One question I have of the series – what was Rosie doing on the top floor of the Indian casino ( while it was still under construction ) at 1:00 am ? Did I miss an explanation ? Otherwise , I wud luv to see a season 3 . I think holder/linden have great detective chemistry .

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

She was saying goodbye to the city. She was headed off and that was her one last look at Seattle before she left to see the rest of the world?

• LizA180 says:

Yes, you’re right. She just wanted to go up there for a smoke and to say goodbye to the city. It was where she and some of the other cleaning ladies went for breaks.

30. minerva says:

I loved this series, but did actually know about it until I watched the first season on Netflix. Perhaps with more exposure/advertising, there would be more interest. It was raw, gritty, and had a complexity that drew me in. I would love to see a Season 3, but not if it is left with some kind of cliffhanger that isn’t resolved by a Season 4. I hate TV shows that get canceled without any closure. I’m pleased this one did.

31. monieet says:

I would like eto see it continue. Another case, same Holden/Linden. Go deeper into their lives. PLEASE GIVE US ANOTHER SEASON

32. KatherineM says:

I loved the show and am so glad I stuck with it. Yes, for a third season, even if they make it a short one to fill in a blank scheduling spot. It has to be a pretty cheap show to produce. I’d most love to see them ditch the one day per episode rule, it was an unnecessary concept that defied logic. If it takes dumping the showrunner and writers to keep Linden and Holder, also fine by me. Those two are well worth building a show around.

33. Sareeta says:

Despite Kinnaman’s excellent performance (especially season 1), I found the show too frustrating to continue watching. I would love to see Joel Kinnaman on another TV series though. If they do bring it back for season 3, I hope they completely reboot the series and do not bring Linden back.

34. Balaji K says:

I think if AMC wanted to renew this show, they would have renewed already. Last year, they renewed the show a week before the season finale.

When I read the comments on this page, it appears as if only the fans of the show have posted. Given the negative reviews and buzz this show has received after last season’s finale and through out this season and the fact only half the viewers that watched the first season turned up to watch the second season, I doubt AMC will want to renew this.

This show had good acting, horrible storytelling, stupid coincidences and copious rainfall. If AMC were to renew this show, they have to clean up shop and find a fresh set of writers.

• The storytelling was excellent in both 1&2,and I hope to see season3. As far as the viewers who left because they didn’t find out who killed Rosie I say stop acting like spoiled brats and go watch shows that are solved in an hour, it’s your loss of a very good program.

• Balaji K says:

There seems to be a tendency in different forums and comment sections of blog posts that there’s place only for praise and no place for critical comments. People who post negative opinions about something get called as haters and are told to move on or told to switch the TV off or change the channel. I don’t understand this. I am a fan of American television. I watch all kinds of shows and I give my opinion when possible. Even though I thought the Killing was bad television, I watched it till the end because a. I had invested time in the first season and b. I wanted some closure for the murder of Rosie Larsen. Do I have anything personal against Veena Sud? No. Do I think she sucks at story-telling? Yes.

• Dwigt says:

Networks renew and reboot a show when it’s an established brand. Given that the ratings were much lower in season two, and that, outside from learning what happens next to some of the main characters, there’s little to expect from a third season judging from the end of season two, it’s almost a given it will be canceled.

I agree with all your points concerning the actual show. I’m actually convinced that AMC was strong-armed into renewing the show when they discovered that season one wouldn’t wrap the investigation and that there would be a major cliffhanger. Given their promo for the show, they didn’t follow closely the creative direction taken by the writing until the shooting was over, they decided then to save face and claimed that they would let the show develop into a second season.

Joel Kinnaman was the real find of the show, Mireille Enos was quite good but her character wasn’t that deep or interesting (having a history of mental issues doesn’t automatically make the character three-dimensional), and the political stuff was awful from beginning to end.

35. LizA180 says:

I really hope this show comes back. I know it got a ton of flack for the cliffhanger last season, but I thought it was great to see another season of the Larsens. The bond btw Linden and Holder was written so well and I honestly think S2 was better than S1.

36. Superhero says:

Here’s what they’d need to do to make me anywhere near optimistic about another season.

1) Fire Veena Sud. She clearly thinks she’s creating a quality show worthy of being mentioned with Breaking Bad and Mad Men, and she’s not. The show won’t improve with her in charge.
    2) Dump all of the characters except for Linden and Holder. No Larsen family (especially those godawful kids), no political people (they never made anything that happened there interesting), no Indians (don’t even get me started), nothing.
    3) One season, one murder. Do NOT drag this crap out again.
    4) Basically avoid doing everything that Veena Sud did.

Not that any of that matters; I highly doubt the show will get renewed. On the one hand, I obviously didn’t enjoy it very much, but it is slightly disappointing, because I really do think there was the potential for a solid show. But unless they’re ready to stop dismissing the well-deserved criticism against the show and start facing it head on, it might as well just die now.

37. AJ says:

I think this show could be far more successful with the one season one murder story line. I would even be fine with changing locations and introducing a new cast even though I really like Holder. I know in the original Danish version they had 20 episodes to solve the case and that may be why they did two seasons, but it obviously was not well received in that format.

38. Christie says:

Yes I hope the show gets a 3rd season. And don’t chane the format. I like the one day per episode. It worked for 24 for 8 seasons. If it’s not broke don’t fix. Linden & Holder are phenominal. I hope AMC is looking at alk the feedback.

39. SR says:

I’d love to see The Killing continue. I really enjoyed the show even if it was rather dark and dreary. I just hope the next case doesn’t take two seasons to resolve.

40. Claudia says:

I would love a third season. I feel Holder and Linden are just getting started too! I really, really love the feel of the show and the characters.

41. A wonderful show with no sex being thrown in your face every second and no foolish reality nonsense just a good mystery like reading a good book !! I hope they bring it back, I for one don’t care for Mad Men or AMC’s other series ,I do watch some of their movies,but I’ll be there every Sunday evening for The Killing.

42. Barbara Tenenbaum says:

I too love th Holder-Linden chemistry and a third season would also give us Richmond as corrupt mayor. How fascinating. Please, please, pretty please renew it. Tasha

43. Ashley says:

More please. I agree that I don’t understand why people wanted a murder wrapped up in such a short amount of time. I thought it was great. And I LOVE Holder! :)

44. Ron Clark says:

How about Holder-Linden return to tackle a Green River type serial killer. They set themselves up for it when Holder told Linden he was responding to a report of a body in SEATAC. Follow a variant of the Green River Serial Killer. Bring in more of the gritty underbelly of the SEATAC area, prostitution, murder, drugs, poverty, and leave everything else the same.

45. Temis says:

Cancel it. Crime stories abound on TV and AMC can do better.

• Denise says:

Don’t like it? Don’t watch it. Simple as that! You also might consider how much of your time is being wasted by posting to a website about a TV show you don’t like. Hhhhmmm, maybe you actually don’t have anything else to do because, in a twist on your words above, friends and family abound in the real world, yet maybe all of yours can similarly do better.

46. joterri says:

that would be a YES!!

47. I LOVED THE SHOW AND REALLY HOPE IT HAS A SEASON 3. IT WAS DIFFERENT AND I COULDN’T WAIT TIL SUNDAY NIGHT TO WATCH IT. IT IS RARE TO FIND A GOOD PROGRAM LIKE THE KILLING.

48. Theresa says:

I enjoyed season 1….and having said that….although I watched season 2 it was almost like a dreaded addiction. The red herrings (in both seasons) were so annoying, as was just about everyone else with the exception of Holder and Stan. The actress who played Mitch was exceptional, but really — taking off like that? The politician and his team were Boring, the Casino people were Boring, and in the end I really didn’t give a damn who killed Rosie only that the series was Finally Over.

49. beth says:

Season 3 please. I love this show!!!

50. Carrie says:

I’d watch a 3rd season. I’ve never understood the complaints people have about the show. No one ever promised that the Rosie Larsen case would be solved at the end of the 1st season, and since each episode only encompassed a day their lives, the detectives actually solved the case pretty quickly. The Larsens had a lot of secrets and a lot of characters looked very guilty, but they figured out who the killers were in just under a month. Also, people made a big deal about Linden being a terrible mother and too obsessed with the case. Again, all of this only occurred over a few weeks. I think she was a much better parent than the father who completely abandoned the kid, and of course she’s going to take the case very seriously! Obviously, something happened in her past and this was an innocent teenage girl who was brutally murdered. If I were the detective, I might become pretty obsessed with solving the case and giving her family some closure myself.