Exclusive

90210 Exclusive: Meet Annie's New Love Interest!

A new guy is moving to 90210 — and he’s got his sights set on Annie Wilson.

TVLine has learned exclusively that 24 alum Riley Smith has booked a recurring role in Season 5 of the CW sudser, playing a new love interest for Shenae Grimes’ gal that dates a lot of guys about town.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Gillian Zinser Not Returning as Series Regular For Season 5

Smith — whose recent TV credits include installments of The Glades and The Closer — is no stranger to lengthy series gigs. Over the course of his career, he has enjoyed arcs on the aforementioned 24 (in Season 3), as well as critical darling Freaks and Geeks, Bob Saget’s Raising Dad, cult hit Joan of Arcadia and the short-lived Nathan Fillion vehicle Drive.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Scoop

1. chrisjroof says:

The DCOM ‘Motocrossed’ is his real claim to fame…such a classic.

2. Che says:

He is gorgeous.

3. sara says:

I like him BUT why can’t Liam and Annie just get back together

• Nina says:

I like them, too. But, after he just slept with one of her best friends and she not even caring about it. I won’t mind seeing a longer break from each other.

• r says:

Exactly.Why are the 90210 writers so stupid? I’m just going to be blunt- we don’t want anymore random guest star romances just give us freaking Liam and Annie back! Annie has dated like almost every male guest star on the show and that’s not even counting the guys she was hooking for so enough already. Just bring Lannie back. Simple as that.

• I actually don’t mind Liam and Annie being apart. I was never a huge fan of them. I guess I still hold a dead torch for Liam and Naomi, But having ANOTHER guy fall in love with Annie is ridiculous. She’s not that great, guys. Next thing you know, Dixon will be falling in love with Annie and be fighting over her with Navid.

4. Nina says:

OMG!! Riiiiileeeeeeey!! I missed him. Haven’t seen him in anything since early 2000’s! Good for him! :)

5. leslie says:

I want Liam and Annie , Silver and writers can eat it. Keep on making Silver a whore and stop throwing Annie in new pointless relationships over and over and over again…..

6. Neuyiz says:

New love interest? Again?

7. Steven says:

I’m sick of hearing about Liam and Annie, People. Let the producers do what they want with them.

• Steven says:

Also, I don’t need to keep hearing which couples you want to see get back together, it’s getting really old.

• koko says:

I want Annie back with Liam, these random hook ups get ridiculous, they are show’s OTP and by far most popular couple, writers clearly don’t see with what they are messing around. Instead of shaking their head and see how much of a fail their season 4 finale was (below 1 million viewers) they should have realized the path they are going is WRONG

• Jarrod says:

Actually. I’ve still been hearing for Naomi and Liam fans to get these two back together and I couldn’t agree more. These two never really got their chance compared to Liam and Annie.

• ifelicia says:

No way. Their relationships were purely physical. Lannie have history, build up, story … Lannie is most popular couple there is no doubt about it, they just have to reunite, this show is so boring without them.

• mandy says:

Really? I haven’t heard anyone asking for Liomi until saw your post.

8. Sandi says:

I was wondering where he went to. He is so good looking. I missed him.

9. jules says:

He is very good looking. I hope he’s a good love interest . But I can’t help it I still really want Annie with Liam. They need to get back together !

10. Lindsay Masterhan says:

I know this guy. He is good looking and an awesome actor, singer-song writter. Good luck Rieles.

11. Alex says:

Riley, you’re better than this.

12. iris says:

I honestly don’t care how hot or good looking he might be, he’ll still be lame like any other character on this show. I just want Liam and Annie back together, come on, they are reason why lot of people even bother watching 90210. Writers are having serious issues if they don’t see how they burry this show, or maybe they already want it to get cancelled …

13. sarah says:

So will he stick around for awhile, Poor Annie they do not give her a love interest to last longer that a handful of episodes!

14. zoel says:

in 90210, they come……… they kiss @ get sex………. they leave..

15. Michi says:

Uhm, really tvline? Annie gets the “dating a lot of guys” comment? Silver has been the one screwing around, not Annie. Tbh Annie’s the only decent (along with Naomi I guess) one left. Not sure i’m still rooting for Liam and Annie after what Liam did but I hope this new guy and Annie gets a good story.

16. lolly says:

90210 storyline:
    new character – they kiss – have sex – next one
    can they at least add something new ? not going to watch season 5, this show had enough opportunities to attract viewer, tghey didn’t use any. Liam and Annie was the only poositive aspect, not even that isn’t on the show.

17. Shaun says:

They need a Dylan and Brenda on this show….something controversial that lasts.

18. Ella says:

Don’t care, as long as Annie stays far away from Liam. I still really, REALLY want Liam and Naomi to get back together. They were the best couple on the show EVER.

• jerry says:

meh, Liam and Naomi were boring as hell, beside them having sex all the time they did nothing. Most shallow couple on TV, I thank God they broke up, Matt and AnnaLynne have zero chemistry on screen.

19. Patrick says:

Liam and Annie is BEST COUPLE this show ever had, keeping them on distance ruins this show, it won’t make it till season 6 for sure

20. Shari says:

wah wah “Annie & Liam Annie & LIam”. I want NAOMI & Liam (although I don’t mind her with Max at all AND I think Silver and Liam are actually kind of hot together – but random).

• mandy says:

I hated Liam with Naomi, and hate Liam and Silver now. Both couples have no chemistry whatsoever and are based on hook up, seriously I we suppose to buy there are feelings because they had sex? what a joke!
      Lannie ATW! OTP on 90210!

21. maisy says:

I want Liam and Annie back together, they were perfect :(

22. VANA says:

liam and Annie PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. jenny says:

can u please end the series with liam n annie together it would be nice

24. jenny says:

liam and annie should end up together

25. liliam says:

yes liam and annie should end up together

26. caroline says:

Liam and Annie please, they are only couple with chemistry on this show.