Fall TV Preview

90210 Exclusive: Meet Annie's New Love Interest!

A new guy is moving to 90210 — and he’s got his sights set on Annie Wilson.

TVLine has learned exclusively that 24 alum Riley Smith has booked a recurring role in Season 5 of the CW sudser, playing a new love interest for Shenae Grimes’ gal that dates a lot of guys about town.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Gillian Zinser Not Returning as Series Regular For Season 5

Smith — whose recent TV credits include installments of The Glades and The Closer — is no stranger to lengthy series gigs. Over the course of his career, he has enjoyed arcs on the aforementioned 24 (in Season 3), as well as critical darling Freaks and Geeks, Bob Saget’s Raising Dad, cult hit Joan of Arcadia and the short-lived Nathan Fillion vehicle Drive.

Comments (53)

• The DCOM ‘Motocrossed’ is his real claim to fame…such a classic.

Comment by chrisjroof – June 22, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I was looking at him, wondering where I’d seen him before.

Comment by Sara – June 22, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am not ashamed to say I love that movie

Comment by Renda – June 22, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dean talon! Haha love that movie!

Comment by Sam – June 22, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ahh, the good old days, would totally watch that movie again if it came on!

Comment by Di – June 22, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha It was actually on 2 weeks ago… I got to record it so now I can watch whenever I want! :)

Comment by Kristen – June 25, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU!! That was the first think I though when the picture loaded!! LOL! Best Disney Channel Movie!

Comment by lily – July 3, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha still one of my fave DCOMs. I was obsessed with him for a week after first seeing it.

Comment by Sam – September 6, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is gorgeous.

Comment by Che – June 22, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like him BUT why can’t Liam and Annie just get back together

Comment by sara – June 22, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like them, too. But, after he just slept with one of her best friends and she not even caring about it. I won’t mind seeing a longer break from each other.

Comment by Nina – June 22, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly.Why are the 90210 writers so stupid? I’m just going to be blunt- we don’t want anymore random guest star romances just give us freaking Liam and Annie back! Annie has dated like almost every male guest star on the show and that’s not even counting the guys she was hooking for so enough already. Just bring Lannie back. Simple as that.

Comment by r – June 22, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I actually don’t mind Liam and Annie being apart. I was never a huge fan of them. I guess I still hold a dead torch for Liam and Naomi, But having ANOTHER guy fall in love with Annie is ridiculous. She’s not that great, guys. Next thing you know, Dixon will be falling in love with Annie and be fighting over her with Navid.

Comment by Jessica Nightflame Desrocher – July 6, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • hahahahahahaahhahahaahahha u made me laugh so hard!! :D

Comment by carine – August 28, 2012 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!! Riiiiileeeeeeey!! I missed him. Haven’t seen him in anything since early 2000′s! Good for him! :)

Comment by Nina – June 22, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Liam and Annie , Silver and writers can eat it. Keep on making Silver a whore and stop throwing Annie in new pointless relationships over and over and over again…..

Comment by leslie – June 22, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New love interest? Again?

Comment by Neuyiz – June 22, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sick of hearing about Liam and Annie, People. Let the producers do what they want with them.

Comment by Steven – June 22, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, I don’t need to keep hearing which couples you want to see get back together, it’s getting really old.

Comment by Steven – June 22, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Annie back with Liam, these random hook ups get ridiculous, they are show’s OTP and by far most popular couple, writers clearly don’t see with what they are messing around. Instead of shaking their head and see how much of a fail their season 4 finale was (below 1 million viewers) they should have realized the path they are going is WRONG

Comment by koko – June 22, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually. I’ve still been hearing for Naomi and Liam fans to get these two back together and I couldn’t agree more. These two never really got their chance compared to Liam and Annie.

Comment by Jarrod – June 22, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No way. Their relationships were purely physical. Lannie have history, build up, story … Lannie is most popular couple there is no doubt about it, they just have to reunite, this show is so boring without them.

Comment by ifelicia – June 22, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA – history, build up, story???? it’s 90210!!!!

Comment by m. – June 23, 2012 12:09 PM PDT
        • Really? I haven’t heard anyone asking for Liomi until saw your post.

Comment by mandy – November 11, 2012 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was wondering where he went to. He is so good looking. I missed him.

Comment by Sandi – June 22, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is very good looking. I hope he’s a good love interest . But I can’t help it I still really want Annie with Liam. They need to get back together !

Comment by jules – June 22, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this guy. He is good looking and an awesome actor, singer-song writter. Good luck Rieles.

Comment by Lindsay Masterhan – June 22, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Riley, you’re better than this.

Comment by Alex – June 22, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly don’t care how hot or good looking he might be, he’ll still be lame like any other character on this show. I just want Liam and Annie back together, come on, they are reason why lot of people even bother watching 90210. Writers are having serious issues if they don’t see how they burry this show, or maybe they already want it to get cancelled …

Comment by iris – June 22, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So will he stick around for awhile, Poor Annie they do not give her a love interest to last longer that a handful of episodes!

Comment by sarah – June 22, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • in 90210, they come……… they kiss @ get sex………. they leave..

Comment by zoel – June 22, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uhm, really tvline? Annie gets the “dating a lot of guys” comment? Silver has been the one screwing around, not Annie. Tbh Annie’s the only decent (along with Naomi I guess) one left. Not sure i’m still rooting for Liam and Annie after what Liam did but I hope this new guy and Annie gets a good story.

Comment by Michi – June 22, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, all the girls are sluts. They date everything that has a penis. It’s not even interesting because the storylines are dull

Comment by Ethan – June 22, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, Adrianna is the only non-slutty character left. She’s only ever had Navid and Dixon when it comes to long-term. She had her lesbian fling and nostalgia with Teddy, but that’s about it.

Comment by Jarrod – June 22, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ade is most boring character along with Silver

Comment by felicia – June 22, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually Ade and Silver are the biggest HOES alive

Comment by Julie – November 11, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210 storyline:
    new character – they kiss – have sex – next one
    can they at least add something new ? not going to watch season 5, this show had enough opportunities to attract viewer, tghey didn’t use any. Liam and Annie was the only poositive aspect, not even that isn’t on the show.

Comment by lolly – June 22, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need a Dylan and Brenda on this show….something controversial that lasts.

Comment by Shaun – June 23, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care, as long as Annie stays far away from Liam. I still really, REALLY want Liam and Naomi to get back together. They were the best couple on the show EVER.

Comment by Ella – June 24, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • meh, Liam and Naomi were boring as hell, beside them having sex all the time they did nothing. Most shallow couple on TV, I thank God they broke up, Matt and AnnaLynne have zero chemistry on screen.

Comment by jerry – November 11, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liam and Annie is BEST COUPLE this show ever had, keeping them on distance ruins this show, it won’t make it till season 6 for sure

Comment by Patrick – June 25, 2012 02:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wah wah “Annie & Liam Annie & LIam”. I want NAOMI & Liam (although I don’t mind her with Max at all AND I think Silver and Liam are actually kind of hot together – but random).

Comment by Shari – September 6, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hated Liam with Naomi, and hate Liam and Silver now. Both couples have no chemistry whatsoever and are based on hook up, seriously I we suppose to buy there are feelings because they had sex? what a joke!
      Lannie ATW! OTP on 90210!

Comment by mandy – November 11, 2012 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Liam and Annie back together, they were perfect :(

Comment by maisy – October 8, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • liam and Annie PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by VANA – October 16, 2012 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can u please end the series with liam n annie together it would be nice

Comment by jenny – November 6, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • liam and annie should end up together

Comment by jenny – November 6, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes liam and annie should end up together

Comment by liliam – November 6, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liam and Annie please, they are only couple with chemistry on this show.

Comment by caroline – November 11, 2012 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post