True Blood: Fresh Spoilers on a New Mission For Sookie, Jason's Disturbing Dream and More!

Get More: Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

True Blood Season 5 SpoilersTrue Blood is bubbling to a boil this July, and we have the juicy, spoiler-laden episode descriptions from HBO to prove it! Among the highlights: Sookie ‘reunites’ with Eric and Bill, Tara tries to adjust to vampire life with some help from a surprising source and Jason has a nightmare.

Needless to say, read at your own risk!

RELATED | True Blood Casts a Terminator as Alcide’s Pa

SUNDAY, JULY 1 “We’ll Meet Again”
Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Bill (Stephen Moyer) have doubts they will survive the search for Russell (Denis O’Hare). Sookie (Anna Paquin) opens up to Alcide (Joe Manganiello). An irate Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) unwittingly puts Sookie’s life in danger. At Authority headquarters, Roman (Christopher Meloni) and Salome (Valentina Cervi) continue interrogating Nora (Lucy Griffiths) about the Sanguinistas – and a possible traitor within the Council. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) forces Tara (Rutina Wesley) to toe the line; Andy (Chris Bauer) and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) go to a burlesque party; Sam’s (Sam Trammell) shifter friends invite him for a run; Terry (Todd Lowe) flashes back to a deadly night in Iraq; Hoyt (Jim Parrack) tests the fangbanger waters; Sookie drowns her sorrows.

SUNDAY, JULY 8 “Let’s Boot and Rally”
With time running short, Bill and Eric enlist Sookie to probe for clues on Russell’s hiding place. Unable to deal with the demon magic inside him, Lafayette calls out to Jesus’ spirit for help. Patrick Devins (Scott Foley) and Terry are held hostage in a bunker belonging to their Iraq War buddy Brian Eller (Brian Geraghty). Jason wakes to a disturbing dream; Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) gives Tara advice on adjusting to vampire life; Sam visits Luna (Janina Gavankar) with bad news.

SUNDAY, JULY 15 “Hopeless”
The aftermath at the asylum leaves Sookie with an eerie sense of foreboding. At Fangtasia, Pam breaks up a vamp-girl fight, praising Tara for her tenacity. Lafayette visits Ruby Jean (Alfre Woodard), who also received a disturbing message from Jesus. Fearing for his family’s safety, Terry blames his curse for his troubles with Arlene (Carrie Preston). Alcide challenges J.D. (Louis Herthum); Sam offers to help Andy investigate the recent shootings; Roman lays out his plans to take out Russell.

Which True Blood developments most intrigue you? Any you’re dreading? Sound off in the comments!

Tags: , ,

Comments (55)

• Excited for Pam/Tara’s storyline as well as Lafayette’s.

Comment by anthonynewhall – June 21, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else hoping Jason’s disturbing dream is Steve Newlin related? ;)

Comment by guestofseth – June 21, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do I have a feeling that Russell is going to kill Roman?

Comment by icywinter2 – June 21, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too but he is no match for Lilith who i think may capture russell since we know she will make an appearance this season

Comment by Smallville944 – June 21, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All that hype for Meloni for nothing. He is going to die sooner than expected.

Comment by Irina – June 21, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If they do bring in Lillith, I really hope she’s not a little girl like on Supernatural.

Comment by Mikael – June 22, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She better not be. The Lilith in the bible was cast out because she would not lay beneath Adam – she would not submit. I’m expecting a very strong female to be cast as Lilith.

Comment by Country Queen – June 26, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How dod you know that??

Comment by icywinter2 – June 22, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • how do you know he’s gonna die

Comment by Lupita – July 8, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really care. I’m just here for Eric (Alexander).

Comment by slinky the cat – June 21, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Precisely.

Comment by S – June 21, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So what, it makes good drama if Russell does it.

Comment by icywinter2 – June 21, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same.

Comment by Aria – June 21, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • urgh.

Comment by MariaPompeo – June 21, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you readmy mind ;D

Comment by M – July 1, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here here to that!!! More scenes with Alexander please hot hot hot

Comment by Desi – July 11, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still sounds like too many subplots.

Comment by Autumn – June 21, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly my problem with this show. It’s getting too confusing watching episodes where several storylines have absolutely nothing to do with other ones.

Comment by Elena – June 21, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i know right

need to get rid of TARA annoying!!!
      Poor Sookie needs to get her fairy-on, she needs to show people they don’t need to die for her :) and ERIC needs to stop being a jerk and go up to sookie and be with her ffs

sounds like a plan ;D

Comment by M – July 1, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree to that, no offense but bad acting with Tara being a Vamp, this season is kind of boring to me. I liked season 4 better than 5!!!

Comment by Desi – July 11, 2012 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Which developments intrigue me? I’d have to say at the top of the list is Steve Newlin. I’m interested to learn why he’s really back in Bon Temps and who his maker is.

Dreading? Oh, there’s so much. Mostly, Tara as a vampire. During last week’s episode when Lafayette was in the cubby about to stake her, I kept chanting “you can do it!” (Picture Rob Schneider from any Adam Sandler movie.) I like Rutina Welsey, but really? Did they have to make Tara a vamp? She could have come back through Lafayette as a ghost. True Blood has made a few missteps, in my opinion, over the years; but turning Tara has to be the biggest of them all.

Comment by jaxg – June 21, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d put money on Nan being Steve’s maker…think he’s going to take over as the public voice of the Authority/VRA

Comment by Lucy – June 21, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good call! I hope you are right.

I also really wished I could delete the last two lines of all those posts. Those story lines just aren’t necessary.

Comment by Gina – June 21, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to disagree completely. Making Tara a completely new creature is the best for the amazing actress Rutina and for the story.

Comment by Bobby Milford – June 22, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet Steve Newlin’s maker is Russell Edgington!!

Comment by Angela – June 27, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would guess that maybe Russell sired Steve Newlin. Would be a great twist.

Comment by chaoswolf61John – July 1, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks boring.

Comment by Lina – June 21, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can’t tell anything from the descriptions. The episodes are more interesting than the little episode description

Comment by icywinter2 – June 21, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks interesting, I’m excited. I like the fact that Tara is a vampire especially with Pam as her maker. I not excited about the Terry storyline. I love the actors, but I find them all expendable,

Comment by T-L Williams – June 21, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show me some hot Nora scenes again!! XD

Comment by Shaun – June 21, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Sam would get more time. Not that I don’t like all the other story lines….but I’m a Sam girl! ;-)

Comment by Heather – June 21, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • too many storylines and some characters get too much screen time, like terry, who is great, but he should stay a minor character on the show.

and I am really done with bill and alan balls obsession with him, he is not that interesting and wish he would just stay a minor character like in the books (yeah the show has turned into a soap opera kind of)

Comment by taim – June 21, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We can’t have everything we want, can we? I’m just glad Sookie, Bill and Eric will get together.

Comment by Clau – June 21, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “We can’t have everything we want, can we?”

Do you pay for your HBO?

Comment by Irina – June 21, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show jumped the shark.

Comment by Irina – June 21, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well at least it sounds like towards episode 8 some stories will actually connect. It’s so damn scattered right now.

Comment by Josh – June 21, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the subplot with Terry needs to be deep-sixed, as well as anything with Andy. More Alcide, please.

Comment by GoodieGoddess – June 21, 2012 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe Steve Newlin replaces Nan, as he seemed to be laying the groundwork for that in his TV appearances. Plus he knew Bill was no longer king. I think I saw Claude in a preview coming to train Sookie to better use her fairy powers. So the fairies must be making a return soon. I think a traitor in the Vampire Authority released Russell, but by the time that is realized, it will be too late. A vamp war will be in progress – a very public one. Tara had enough power to bring Mary Anne into being in Season 2 and to work spells with Holly. I wish Tara had come back as a ghost or a witch or a medium – anything except a vampire. Vampires outnumber humans, werewolves, werepanthers and fairies combined. And with all the subplots,, you need a road map and a supernatural phone directory to keep up with the action. That said, I would not trade watching TB for anything. It is my favorite guilty pleasure of a train wreck on vamp juice.

Comment by tvdiva – June 21, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • couldn’t agree more with the last 3 sentences. It’s stupid as hell, but its damn fun to watch.

Comment by Brad Schoenfeld – July 14, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still sounding really poor to me.
    And the comments being posted don’t do anything to ease my concerns over the show.

Too many subplots going on, taking time away from the main cast and I still think bringing Tara back was a jump the shark move.
    Did they even explain how she could come back after having her brains blown out?

The Steve Newlin stuff sounds preposterous as well, that guy was one step from being a panto dame even back in the dreadful series 2.

Comment by Brian Gilmour (@TheFifthDoctor) – June 22, 2012 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only the Pam, Tara, Jessica, Jason stuff interested me. Its sad I didn’t read much on Sam so I guess he doesn’t really have his own SL this year? … wow. And after reading this it seems this authority story is going to be going pretty SLOW so sounds like it will get BORING real FAST. zzz never thought this day would happen. Why AB why?

Comment by S – June 22, 2012 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope its better than it sounds I’ll tell you that lol… It just sounds like too much and too little of the ones I actually want to see. As I said above does Sam even have a story this year? WTH? and I’m a fan of Chris M. but I do not want Russell to be killed off no..he’s too awesome and fun and as of yet Chris character Roman hasn’t shown me that he’s fun he’s just in a suit and boring authority vampire

Comment by S – June 22, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The integral center of the show was Sookie (remember her?) and her romantic adventures. That is gone now apparently and now they are throwing everything at us and the kitchen sink with the other cast members and I don’t know that I care anymore. The season premiere was so disappointing – the Tara storyline is ridiculous – please kill her already.

Comment by KR – June 22, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have some weird feeling that Steve Newlin is going to hook up with Russell this season

Comment by Isabella – June 22, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sookies is not the center of the show, That is why it is not called “True Blood: A Sookie Stackhouse Television Show” No Sookie’s role is the glue of central characters. If you want the books then go read them, they’re good but True Blood is True Blood. I do think that Nan turned Newlin and ran off on him. However it will be interesting to see as who trained him up. Also to every Tara hater out there… Shut up and reserve judgment till the end.

Oh and about this show having jumped the shark. B.S. not untill we have a Southern Vampire Angels spinoff with King Bill dispatching Angels Pam, Jessica & Tara on Secret Missions of the night … Heck Steve Newlin as Bosley.

Comment by David T. – June 22, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terry and the Iraq storyline is such a bore..It really makes no sense and has no connection to any other characters and there developments.

Comment by Jared – June 22, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could not agree more , even Arlene has lost her shine on the show

Comment by shelby – June 25, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. This season the character I want to learn more about is Hoyt. Up until now he has been the nice guy, the Mama’s boy, the guy who fell in love and became so very protective of her, despite how anyone warned him about her, that he stood up for her against anyone. Yes, he made mistakes, but nothing that Jessica couldn’t worked out with him if she had tried.

I thought Jessica freaking out when he didn’t want to drink her blood for every little injury was weird. Now think about it vampire blood is an addictive drug that fangbangers pester vampires for just for a taste of real power. Hoyt wanted to keep the love of his life knowing, he was with her out of love, not to just have a ready supply of her blood.

Last episode we saw a broken Hoyt. A man who was betrayed by his best friend and the love of his life. Now he is acting as a fangbanger, make up an all. I couldn’t help wondering if his inner pain has burned him out. He is seeking for a cold touch trying to remember the love he once had, even if it destroys him, or leads him to walk the night himself. When Pam looked at him she seemed surprised and perhaps a little bit sad for him… Hoyt as a vampire? It could be a death wish, but depending on his sire it could give him direction in his life. As I said I love this season!

Comment by JHarnes – June 28, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this season. When you read BOOK 5, you can see that no way could that book become a season long theme. However, one aspect that WILL carry over from that book is the plot about someone killing the werewolves and shifters. Expect SAM to be shot in the leg. If they introduce a character named “SWEETIE”, you know who did it! (well, maybe!) Also, I think they are introducing many other subplots from other books. For example, the riff between Sookie and Arlene will widen. If that follows the books, you dont have to worry about those annoying Bellefleur subplots, cos Arlene will be arrested for trying to trap Sookie somehow. Oh, expect a wedding between the Sherif and Holly, with POSSIBLY Andy’s sister getting married at the same time. I see that HADLEY is back in the picture. She MIGHT end up killed by vamps. Since Alcede is replacing Quinn, expect a romance for awhile, until his “pack duties” get in the way. I saw the ceremonial knife…expect ERIC to steal it this year, tho he might not use it on Sookie to “vamp-marry” her until season 6. FINALLY Claude is introduced into the show, beyond his quick appearance in season 4. Expect him to be a “fairy god-cousin” for Sookie, tho I would seriously doubt that Sookie’s great grandfather to show, until season 6. (tho Claudes Sister claudette will be in the show this year. Both will help save Sookie from angry vamps, or the other Fairy faction. Sure, lots of subplots. just rewatch shows, duh!

Comment by Trace Element – July 8, 2012 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get a life you true blood fantasizing low life degenerates.

Comment by anarchist101 – July 8, 2012 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe newlin and russell will finally meet since russell is better now can’t wait till next sunday so dissapointed they didn’t show newlin last sunday and this sunday hope to see him next sunday

Comment by Lupita – July 8, 2012 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome show!!..I read some of the books but they bored me..True Blood is tons of fun & all I can say is if u don’t like it there’s other tv shows on..quit complainin & go watch something else!….as for what’s interestin this season, I actually really find Tara bein a vamp interestin, especially considerin who her maker is..Pam & Tara was at each others throats last season (a few days? a week ago in TB time?) ..kinda funny that the ‘prune faced b*!ch’ is suddenly Tara’s vamp mommy..lol…oh & I really do love Roman..he reminds me of Godrick in his reverence twards humans..he a strong & honorable vampire & I really hope he’s around for a while…overall I think this season is jam packed with lots of goodies to enjoy (plz, more nekid Alcede!!) & remember, its all fantasy, so enjoy & don’t take it so seriously!

Comment by Kimi – July 8, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DOES ERIC AND SOOKIE GET MARRIED LIKE THE BOOKS SAY, CAUSE IF THEY DONT GET BACK TOGETHER AND TURN THE SHOW ROUND i WILL BE SWITCHING OFF FOR SURE, i HAVE FOUND THIS SEASON SO FAR DRAGGED OUT AND BORING TOO MANY USLESS SUB PLOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by MARIA – July 11, 2012 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post