True Blood: Fresh Spoilers on a New Mission For Sookie, Jason's Disturbing Dream and More!

True Blood Season 5 SpoilersTrue Blood is bubbling to a boil this July, and we have the juicy, spoiler-laden episode descriptions from HBO to prove it! Among the highlights: Sookie ‘reunites’ with Eric and Bill, Tara tries to adjust to vampire life with some help from a surprising source and Jason has a nightmare.

Needless to say, read at your own risk!

RELATED | True Blood Casts a Terminator as Alcide’s Pa

SUNDAY, JULY 1 “We’ll Meet Again”
Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Bill (Stephen Moyer) have doubts they will survive the search for Russell (Denis O’Hare). Sookie (Anna Paquin) opens up to Alcide (Joe Manganiello). An irate Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) unwittingly puts Sookie’s life in danger. At Authority headquarters, Roman (Christopher Meloni) and Salome (Valentina Cervi) continue interrogating Nora (Lucy Griffiths) about the Sanguinistas – and a possible traitor within the Council. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) forces Tara (Rutina Wesley) to toe the line; Andy (Chris Bauer) and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) go to a burlesque party; Sam’s (Sam Trammell) shifter friends invite him for a run; Terry (Todd Lowe) flashes back to a deadly night in Iraq; Hoyt (Jim Parrack) tests the fangbanger waters; Sookie drowns her sorrows.

SUNDAY, JULY 8 “Let’s Boot and Rally”
With time running short, Bill and Eric enlist Sookie to probe for clues on Russell’s hiding place. Unable to deal with the demon magic inside him, Lafayette calls out to Jesus’ spirit for help. Patrick Devins (Scott Foley) and Terry are held hostage in a bunker belonging to their Iraq War buddy Brian Eller (Brian Geraghty). Jason wakes to a disturbing dream; Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) gives Tara advice on adjusting to vampire life; Sam visits Luna (Janina Gavankar) with bad news.

SUNDAY, JULY 15 “Hopeless”
The aftermath at the asylum leaves Sookie with an eerie sense of foreboding. At Fangtasia, Pam breaks up a vamp-girl fight, praising Tara for her tenacity. Lafayette visits Ruby Jean (Alfre Woodard), who also received a disturbing message from Jesus. Fearing for his family’s safety, Terry blames his curse for his troubles with Arlene (Carrie Preston). Alcide challenges J.D. (Louis Herthum); Sam offers to help Andy investigate the recent shootings; Roman lays out his plans to take out Russell.

Which True Blood developments most intrigue you? Any you’re dreading? Sound off in the comments!

1. Excited for Pam/Tara’s storyline as well as Lafayette’s.

2. guestofseth says:

Anyone else hoping Jason’s disturbing dream is Steve Newlin related? ;)

3. icywinter2 says:

Why do I have a feeling that Russell is going to kill Roman?

4. slinky the cat says:

I don’t really care. I’m just here for Eric (Alexander).

5. Autumn says:

Still sounds like too many subplots.

• Elena says:

Exactly my problem with this show. It’s getting too confusing watching episodes where several storylines have absolutely nothing to do with other ones.

• M says:

i know right

need to get rid of TARA annoying!!!
      Poor Sookie needs to get her fairy-on, she needs to show people they don’t need to die for her :) and ERIC needs to stop being a jerk and go up to sookie and be with her ffs

sounds like a plan ;D

• Desi says:

I agree to that, no offense but bad acting with Tara being a Vamp, this season is kind of boring to me. I liked season 4 better than 5!!!

6. jaxg says:

Which developments intrigue me? I’d have to say at the top of the list is Steve Newlin. I’m interested to learn why he’s really back in Bon Temps and who his maker is.

Dreading? Oh, there’s so much. Mostly, Tara as a vampire. During last week’s episode when Lafayette was in the cubby about to stake her, I kept chanting “you can do it!” (Picture Rob Schneider from any Adam Sandler movie.) I like Rutina Welsey, but really? Did they have to make Tara a vamp? She could have come back through Lafayette as a ghost. True Blood has made a few missteps, in my opinion, over the years; but turning Tara has to be the biggest of them all.

7. Lina says:

Looks boring.

• icywinter2 says:

You can’t tell anything from the descriptions. The episodes are more interesting than the little episode description

8. T-L Williams says:

Looks interesting, I’m excited. I like the fact that Tara is a vampire especially with Pam as her maker. I not excited about the Terry storyline. I love the actors, but I find them all expendable,

9. Shaun says:

Show me some hot Nora scenes again!! XD

10. Heather says:

I wish Sam would get more time. Not that I don’t like all the other story lines….but I’m a Sam girl! ;-)

11. taim says:

too many storylines and some characters get too much screen time, like terry, who is great, but he should stay a minor character on the show.

and I am really done with bill and alan balls obsession with him, he is not that interesting and wish he would just stay a minor character like in the books (yeah the show has turned into a soap opera kind of)

12. Clau says:

We can’t have everything we want, can we? I’m just glad Sookie, Bill and Eric will get together.

13. Irina says:

This show jumped the shark.

14. Josh says:

Well at least it sounds like towards episode 8 some stories will actually connect. It’s so damn scattered right now.

15. GoodieGoddess says:

I think the subplot with Terry needs to be deep-sixed, as well as anything with Andy. More Alcide, please.

16. tvdiva says:

I believe Steve Newlin replaces Nan, as he seemed to be laying the groundwork for that in his TV appearances. Plus he knew Bill was no longer king. I think I saw Claude in a preview coming to train Sookie to better use her fairy powers. So the fairies must be making a return soon. I think a traitor in the Vampire Authority released Russell, but by the time that is realized, it will be too late. A vamp war will be in progress – a very public one. Tara had enough power to bring Mary Anne into being in Season 2 and to work spells with Holly. I wish Tara had come back as a ghost or a witch or a medium – anything except a vampire. Vampires outnumber humans, werewolves, werepanthers and fairies combined. And with all the subplots,, you need a road map and a supernatural phone directory to keep up with the action. That said, I would not trade watching TB for anything. It is my favorite guilty pleasure of a train wreck on vamp juice.

17. Still sounding really poor to me.
    And the comments being posted don’t do anything to ease my concerns over the show.

Too many subplots going on, taking time away from the main cast and I still think bringing Tara back was a jump the shark move.
    Did they even explain how she could come back after having her brains blown out?

The Steve Newlin stuff sounds preposterous as well, that guy was one step from being a panto dame even back in the dreadful series 2.

18. S says:

Only the Pam, Tara, Jessica, Jason stuff interested me. Its sad I didn’t read much on Sam so I guess he doesn’t really have his own SL this year? … wow. And after reading this it seems this authority story is going to be going pretty SLOW so sounds like it will get BORING real FAST. zzz never thought this day would happen. Why AB why?

19. S says:

I hope its better than it sounds I’ll tell you that lol… It just sounds like too much and too little of the ones I actually want to see. As I said above does Sam even have a story this year? WTH? and I’m a fan of Chris M. but I do not want Russell to be killed off no..he’s too awesome and fun and as of yet Chris character Roman hasn’t shown me that he’s fun he’s just in a suit and boring authority vampire

20. KR says:

The integral center of the show was Sookie (remember her?) and her romantic adventures. That is gone now apparently and now they are throwing everything at us and the kitchen sink with the other cast members and I don’t know that I care anymore. The season premiere was so disappointing – the Tara storyline is ridiculous – please kill her already.

21. Isabella says:

I have some weird feeling that Steve Newlin is going to hook up with Russell this season

22. David T. says:

Sookies is not the center of the show, That is why it is not called “True Blood: A Sookie Stackhouse Television Show” No Sookie’s role is the glue of central characters. If you want the books then go read them, they’re good but True Blood is True Blood. I do think that Nan turned Newlin and ran off on him. However it will be interesting to see as who trained him up. Also to every Tara hater out there… Shut up and reserve judgment till the end.

Oh and about this show having jumped the shark. B.S. not untill we have a Southern Vampire Angels spinoff with King Bill dispatching Angels Pam, Jessica & Tara on Secret Missions of the night … Heck Steve Newlin as Bosley.

23. Jared says:

Terry and the Iraq storyline is such a bore..It really makes no sense and has no connection to any other characters and there developments.

24. JHarnes says:

I love this show. This season the character I want to learn more about is Hoyt. Up until now he has been the nice guy, the Mama’s boy, the guy who fell in love and became so very protective of her, despite how anyone warned him about her, that he stood up for her against anyone. Yes, he made mistakes, but nothing that Jessica couldn’t worked out with him if she had tried.

I thought Jessica freaking out when he didn’t want to drink her blood for every little injury was weird. Now think about it vampire blood is an addictive drug that fangbangers pester vampires for just for a taste of real power. Hoyt wanted to keep the love of his life knowing, he was with her out of love, not to just have a ready supply of her blood.

Last episode we saw a broken Hoyt. A man who was betrayed by his best friend and the love of his life. Now he is acting as a fangbanger, make up an all. I couldn’t help wondering if his inner pain has burned him out. He is seeking for a cold touch trying to remember the love he once had, even if it destroys him, or leads him to walk the night himself. When Pam looked at him she seemed surprised and perhaps a little bit sad for him… Hoyt as a vampire? It could be a death wish, but depending on his sire it could give him direction in his life. As I said I love this season!

25. Trace Element says:

I like this season. When you read BOOK 5, you can see that no way could that book become a season long theme. However, one aspect that WILL carry over from that book is the plot about someone killing the werewolves and shifters. Expect SAM to be shot in the leg. If they introduce a character named “SWEETIE”, you know who did it! (well, maybe!) Also, I think they are introducing many other subplots from other books. For example, the riff between Sookie and Arlene will widen. If that follows the books, you dont have to worry about those annoying Bellefleur subplots, cos Arlene will be arrested for trying to trap Sookie somehow. Oh, expect a wedding between the Sherif and Holly, with POSSIBLY Andy’s sister getting married at the same time. I see that HADLEY is back in the picture. She MIGHT end up killed by vamps. Since Alcede is replacing Quinn, expect a romance for awhile, until his “pack duties” get in the way. I saw the ceremonial knife…expect ERIC to steal it this year, tho he might not use it on Sookie to “vamp-marry” her until season 6. FINALLY Claude is introduced into the show, beyond his quick appearance in season 4. Expect him to be a “fairy god-cousin” for Sookie, tho I would seriously doubt that Sookie’s great grandfather to show, until season 6. (tho Claudes Sister claudette will be in the show this year. Both will help save Sookie from angry vamps, or the other Fairy faction. Sure, lots of subplots. just rewatch shows, duh!

26. anarchist101 says:

Get a life you true blood fantasizing low life degenerates.

27. Lupita says:

maybe newlin and russell will finally meet since russell is better now can’t wait till next sunday so dissapointed they didn’t show newlin last sunday and this sunday hope to see him next sunday

28. Kimi says:

Awesome show!!..I read some of the books but they bored me..True Blood is tons of fun & all I can say is if u don’t like it there’s other tv shows on..quit complainin & go watch something else!….as for what’s interestin this season, I actually really find Tara bein a vamp interestin, especially considerin who her maker is..Pam & Tara was at each others throats last season (a few days? a week ago in TB time?) ..kinda funny that the ‘prune faced b*!ch’ is suddenly Tara’s vamp mommy..lol…oh & I really do love Roman..he reminds me of Godrick in his reverence twards humans..he a strong & honorable vampire & I really hope he’s around for a while…overall I think this season is jam packed with lots of goodies to enjoy (plz, more nekid Alcede!!) & remember, its all fantasy, so enjoy & don’t take it so seriously!

29. MARIA says:

DOES ERIC AND SOOKIE GET MARRIED LIKE THE BOOKS SAY, CAUSE IF THEY DONT GET BACK TOGETHER AND TURN THE SHOW ROUND i WILL BE SWITCHING OFF FOR SURE, i HAVE FOUND THIS SEASON SO FAR DRAGGED OUT AND BORING TOO MANY USLESS SUB PLOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!