Ratings: NBA Finals Still Hot, Catalina Warms Up, Love in the Wild at Low, Plus Bunheads Rises

Get More: News, Ratings

ABC’s coverage of the NBA Finals remains as hot as the Heat themselves, with Tuesday’s Game 4 drawing at the very least 14 million total viewers and a 6.0 demo rating, based on preliminary numbers that suggest gains of 4 and 9 percent from Game 3.

Beyond the NBA contest, an NCIS repeat led the night in total audience (with 8.2 million viewers) while Hell’s Kitchen (steady at 5.3 mil/2.2) nabbed regular programming’s best demo number.

Elsewhere:

* The CW’s The Catalina flirted with the 1 million viewer mark and a 0.4 rating, almost doubling in both measures week-to-week. Fun fact: Leading out of that, L.A. Complex reruns seem to be drawing as big as if not bigger audience (here, 700K viewers) than the in-season first-runs. (Reminder: Season 2 launches July 17.)

* Opposite the NBA Finals, Fox’s MasterChef (5.1 mil/2.0) actually added a few eyeballs versus last Tuesday and dipped only a tenth in the demo, while NBC’s Love in the Wild dropped 13 percent to lows of 4.1 mil/1.3.

Lastly, one Monday cable note: Week 2 of ABC Family’s Bunheads held steady in total viewers (with 1.64 mil) and was up 8 and 28 percent in the 18-49 and Women 18-34 demos.

Comments (20)

• Hope Thursday could end it all for LeBron James and the Miami Heat to win the NBA title. GO HEAT!

Comment by Tran – June 20, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So it appears kevin goes by Tran now…

Comment by Sg.Grant – June 20, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Go away Sg.Grant and don’t you EVER come back to this website ’cause if you do, I will hunt you down and I will find you wherever you are.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – June 20, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yep. This is definitely the same person.

Comment by Sg.Grant – June 20, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be nice if ABC family would show reruns of Bunheads like they do of all of their other shows, if you can’t watch on Mondays or you forget it is on…you might as well forget about the series. The last series they did that too didn’t last long.

Comment by Sarah – June 20, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They reran the pilot at least four or five times and repeated the second episode right after its premiere, with repeats scheduled for Friday afternoon and the afternoon before the next.episode

Plus, everything’s available on Hulu, ABC Family’s website, iTunes, etc.

Comment by ... – June 20, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • its also probably available on your cables on demand channel.

Comment by Elyse – June 21, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW was preempted in Chicago.. :(

Comment by Phil – June 20, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Bunheads rebound a bit, I’m really enjoying it so far. It doesn’t really seem to fit in on ABC Family, unfortunately.

Comment by Sarah – June 20, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ”Is that a service dog?” ”Yes,when I fall asleep in a ditch I use it as a pillow” XD

Comment by Shaun – June 20, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I’ve thought that a few times in the first two episodes. Like when her friend asks how the sex was I literally cringed and thought “wow, this is on ABCfamily?” Not that the line was particularly scandalous for a cable show but morbid sex talk is a little out of ABC’s wheelhouse. Also the quip that Kelly Bishop made about being very serious about her religion and not believing it unless she sees it made me tense up waiting for the backlash from that poke at religion.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – June 20, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy to see Ellen Greene (from Little Shop of Horrors, Pushing Daisies, etc.) pop up on the show!

Comment by BTM – June 20, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Bunheads! I really didn’t know if I was even going to watch the show but there are so few summer shows that I decided to give it a shot and now I am loving it! If you liked Gilmore Girls, you will definitely enjoy Bunheads!

Comment by tvaddict – June 20, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to hear MasterChef is doing well.

Comment by Lee – June 20, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Bunheads! I really like it. So suck it Shonda Rhimes!

Comment by Alex – June 20, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Sutton Foster. People were criticizing her theatrical expressions, but I think it’s part of the character. It’s the younger girls that bother me, particularly that cringeworthy “meaningful death look” bit, but they will probably improve and I can overlook those in exchange for snappy bar conversations and that adorable corgi.

Comment by Emily – June 20, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love in the Wild is my summer guilty pleasure and is more successful on average than any of the Bachelor and Bachelorette programs. I think it will get better now that they are finished with the trios. I hope once the NBA is done the ratings increase.

Comment by Gerald – June 20, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really iffy on Bunheads. There was only one thing that made me laugh in last night’s episode (the bit where the girls were talking about hell). I do really like the parts with the dancing, so I hope they incorporate more of that and less of the quirky characters (too quirky to me and not in an endearing way yet).

Comment by ADC – June 20, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was rolling on the floor watching the erstwhile Mitchum Huntzberger as a surf bum turned publican.

Comment by Stormy – June 20, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I kept staring at the screen, thinking “Logan’s dad?.. is it… Or am I making this up?” Thanks for confirming that, lol

Comment by jellow – June 20, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post