Exclusive: The Game Recruits 90210 Grad

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Lauren London The GameThe Game has found a new player.

Lauren London (90210) is joining the BET comedy’s sixth season as a series regular, TVLine has learned.

PHOTOS AND VIDEO | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

The actress — whose credits also include Single Ladies and Madea’s Big Happy Family – will play Kiera, a former child star who is currently appearing in a Cosby Show-esque sitcom. Producers are also on the lookout for an actor to play an all-star running back. Both roles are intended to fill the void left by departing cast members Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall (aka Melanie and Derwin).

Back for the new season are Wendy Raquel Robinson, Coby Bell, Hosea Chanchez, Brandy Norwood and Barry A. Floyd.

Comments (24)

• Good casting.

Comment by Mick – June 20, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But no way does she have the comedic timing of Tia Mowry and it will show.

Comment by Mick – June 20, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Columbus Short should play the role of Bryce

Comment by Barry-Ann – June 20, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she is not a good actress!!!!!!! leave it to bet to mess everything up. they let the main stars go. the show was about them originally. what idiots

Comment by shaberry14 – June 20, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw damn, I’d rather Lauren London be on Single Ladies fulltime than The Game. I’ve actually grown attached to her character on that show.

Comment by William – June 20, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not feeling this at all.

Comment by jr – June 20, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont think Lauren London is a good replacement, but I’m gonna give her a good chance and hope she doesnt mess it up. I really want her to do good bc i do not want the game to be canceled

Comment by TMax – June 21, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huh. I like Lauren from “This Christmas” but they need to cast a well known male lead for this to work. Tia was the show, so it will be interesting to see how it works.

Any news on Brittany Daniel coming back? Last season they said she was just taking a break…and made it seem like she would be returning at some point. Interesting to see that Brandy is returning though…her character was always so out of place…

Comment by Chris – June 21, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BET continues to fvck up this show.
    Mara are you that desperate for a check that you are willing to let BET run your show into the ground?

Comment by lilkunta – June 21, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sooo excited to see Lauren London on the show!!!! The show needs a change and a new direction. I was also getting bored with the show!!! Lauren London is a great and believable actress!!!!! She’s gorgeous but she can also act!!! So for the haters out there! Grow up!!!!!!

Comment by Lisa Johnson – June 21, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lisa, why we have to be haters? Have you watched this show since 2006? I HAVE. It was funny, believable, relatable. Since TG moved to BET is is jsut trash, stereotypes, and stupid plots. A franchise football player and his Dr wife are really gonna use their 40 year old friend as their surrogate/ GTFOOH! Ghetto as Chardonnay? GTFOOH.

Lauren London had played various roles so what makes you say she is a believable actress? I am surprised she is taking this role as since she fvcked gremlim wayne she had secured payments for 18-21 years.

Comment by lilkunta – June 22, 2012 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ***CORRECTION. Lauren HAS NOT played various roles so how it is being said that she is a believable actress is my issue. Has she done drama? heartache? anguish?

Comment by lilkunta – June 26, 2012 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No this is not good for the game and it will no get be watchable !! So sad!!

Comment by Kenya – June 25, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I meant to say you can bring her on but with out Tia And Pooch you have no real show! It’s amazing how we voted to get y’all back on the air but y’all are not listerning to your fans Bring them back or y’all will be off the air cause they made your show!!!!!!!! Good luck and god bless but I will no longer be watching! So sad

Comment by Kenya – June 25, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Kenya: EXACTLY. We fans ‘saved the game’ and they (mara/BET) keeping fvcking us over. No Brittany Daniel, ridiculous stereotypical plotlines, ugh. BET will now go back to being blocked( I unblocked it to watch TG, Let’s Stay Together, & Reed Between The Lines) .

Comment by lilkunta – June 26, 2012 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GAL LAUREN, ur doing fyn keep it up. am still watching u.even dat de first movie ur produced on 2006,wen u waz called (new new )with 2 twiz veda&star+rashad thax from south africa.halson

Comment by HALSON – June 28, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • halson: wtf are you posting? please WRITE IN ENGLISH.

Comment by lilkunta – June 28, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think dat every character had their purpose & played their role like it needed 2 b, but I do question the reason 4 not bringing back pooch & tia, maybe its bcuz of money issues which is crazy just pay the ppl & keep da show moving, but it will b intresting 2 c how London will fit n2 da mix but I guess 4 I’ll still watch it, I love tasha mack & malik is my man I can truely feel his character & jason is just a cool smuck lol, but let’s give it a chance b4 we all write it off!

Comment by carlos – July 3, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • carlos: please please please write in english!

Comment by lilkunta – July 3, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren London, I have loved her since ATL and when she was on Jarian Mitchell and I also like her in Single Ladies and other TV shows and movies she was in she is so beautiful, so talented, so smart I glad she’s going to be on the Game and even if you haters just need to grow up and get a life.

Comment by Max Thomas – July 19, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • max Thomas: why is it that we who arent fond of LL are ‘haters and ‘need to get a life’ ? She hasnt done wide roles –comedy, drama, sci fi, fantasy, rom com– to show us range. She is most famous for having a son with gremlin rapper Lil Wayne than she is for her ‘acting’. And honestly her large child support payments from ggremlin is why she hasnt been working, she doenst need to.

Comment by lilkunta – July 20, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • P.S. It will not be the same with Melanie, Derwin, Kelly, & the original Brittany

Comment by Max Thomas – July 19, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello every one, here every one is sharing these know-how, so it’s pleasant to read this weblog, and I used to pay a visit this web site all the time.

Comment by pick up bootcamp – November 14, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I have to say is the show won’t be the same it just keeps getting worse every season the game wont be funny no more with out all the originals

Comment by Eboni – February 1, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post