Exclusive: Grimm Outlook Ahead for Lost Alum Mark Pellegrino

Mark Pellegrino Grimm Season 2 CastAfter Lost’s Man in Black appeared on Grimm, it was only a matter of time before brother Jacob showed up.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Mark Pellegrino, who played the mythological ABC series’ ageless island protector, will guest-star in the upcoming second season of NBC’s darker-side-of-fairy-tales drama.

Grimm’s Season 2 will debut on Monday, August 13 at 10 pm/9c.

RELATED | Fall TV: NBC Sets Premiere Dates, Including Summer Debuts and Late Start for Community

Pellegrino will play Jarold Kempfer, one of Hank’s (Russell Hornsby) high school buddies whose daughter goes missing. Hank doesn’t know, though, that his old pal is also a coyotl, or coyote-like creature.

Pellegrino is the third Lostie to appear on the show; Titus Welliver portrayed Farley, a Grimm who had the ablity to change into a steinadler, and Daniel Roebuck played Lt. Orson, a Portland arson cop investigating fires linked to Silas Weir Mitchell’s Monroe.

Who’s next? Elizabeth Mitchell as a blutbad? Naveen Andrews as a fuchsbau? Hit the comments and let us know which other Lost alumni you’d like to see on Grimm!

Comments (31)

• Oh phew, it’s just as a guest star. When I saw the headline, I feared he had joined the cast, and I want him back on Supernatural. He is so deliciously and mischievously entertaining as Lucifer.

Comment by Mickey – June 19, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I love my Lucifer!

Comment by Cheri – June 29, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it! I never watched Lost but I definitely watch Supernatural and Being Human and Mark Pellegrino was fantastic on both. Now I’m even more excited to see Grimm.

Comment by Linda Whitney – June 19, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not only is he the 3rd Lost Star, but also the 2nd Supernatural “Angel” ;-) But nobody mentioned that… still, I’m excited… this is awesome… first Sebastian Roché and now Mark Pellegrino! YAY :-)

Comment by Katrin – June 19, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He will be the 3rd SN actor/actress to crossover for an episode. The girl who played the young Mary (Campbell) Winchester was in the episode of the Three Bears.

Comment by Joe Evener – June 19, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dominic Monaghan and Josh Holloway would make my day! Elizabeth Mitchell would make my husband’s!!

Comment by Leah – June 19, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was also great on “Being Human” as Aiden’s maker.

Comment by GG – June 19, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Ian Somerhalder on Grimm and Mark Pellegrino back on Supernatural!

Comment by mt_delights@yahoo.com – June 19, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesss another Supernatural star will be on Grimm! This pleases me! :D

Comment by Neinka – June 19, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jorge Garcia and Dominic Monaghan would be great!

Comment by Rometta – June 19, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm is just getting better and better. Could very well be the No 1 show on TV next fall. Oh wait, its already my No 1 show.

Comment by Tami – June 19, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a barely adequate show…..they are beating around the bush.

Comment by Shaun – June 19, 2012 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In news that makes me happy: Mark P. is heading to another show I enjoy!

Comment by Chelle (@TVDSweetness) – June 19, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG he’s everywhere!! And on all my fav shows. Which wouldn’t be bad if he were, say, Alex O’Laughlin. But alas he’s not. Go away Mark – getting tired of seeing your mug all the time.

Comment by MLO – June 19, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actaully, Mark will be the fourth Lostie to guest on Grimm. Neil Hopkins, who played Charlie’s brother on Lost, guest starred on the episode Cat and Mouse as Ian Harmon, a fuchsbau freedom fighter with a history with Rosalee!

Comment by Danielle – June 19, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so glad we’re getting Grimm a month ahead of other shows. YAY for august!

Comment by Jess – June 19, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elizabeth Mitchell would be perfect! I think she lives in Seattle so it wouldn’t be too far for her to go. It would be great to see Josh Holloway again too. He has been off of my tv for far too long!

Comment by EC – June 19, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A coyote should be played by a Native American.

Comment by Calry – June 19, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • says who?there are coyotes in many countries.

Comment by Shaun – June 19, 2012 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would have said by a Mexican, since coyotl is a Mexican word.

Comment by moht – June 20, 2012 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Evangeline Lilly because she’s hot.

Comment by Josh Ede – June 19, 2012 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Then he is the 4th actor from SPN … yay… :D … Titus Welliver also played War, the horseman

Comment by LadyLaduga – June 19, 2012 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Coyote is a perfect match.

Comment by Pia – June 21, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Jorge Garcia on ‘Grimm’ – He’d be absolutely perfect!

Comment by Joy (@misanthropicjoy) – June 21, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My second favorite guest star. His roles on Supernatural and The Closer have been totally different characters but played wonderfully.

Comment by marcy – June 22, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, more Supernatural actors need to come to Grimm! Since SPN is going down hill (plot wise) anyway they need these awesome actors on an even more awesome show! If there was an announcement that Richard Speight Jr was going to be on Grimm i think that would just perfect the show even more so (and make my fangirl side go crazy).

Comment by Gabester Gal – June 28, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather see some Lost _Girl_ actors on Grimm and vice versa. These are currently my two favorite shows.
    I was wondering when they would get around to having more Native North American mythological creatures on Grimm.

Comment by shafooey – July 2, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh Holloway as anything. I really enjoy Grimm and this would make it even better.

Comment by Mary Pineda – July 3, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t get enough of Mark! Loved him in Supernatural and Being Human. I only watched the first season of lost and then got tired of it. I wish he could also be back on Supernatural somehow. He was such a great, sexy Devil!

Comment by Mrs. Peele – August 9, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How could I forget his awesome work as the lawyer on ‘The Closer as well. His dry humor and attitude were something else.

Comment by Mrs. Peele – August 9, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hes actually the fifth. The first two they mentioned, then the before mentioned Neil Hopkins, who played Charlie’s brother on Lost, and then the guy who played Phil, the annoying Dharma Initiative worker in season 5 in the episode about the womanizing goat.

Comment by E Rhoad – August 27, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post