TVLine Items: Adam Baldwin Gains Leverage, 30 Rocker Visits Mockingbird Lane and More!

Adam Baldwin has spied a new gig on Leverage.

The Chuck vet has booked a potentially recurring role on the TNT caper drama, per TVGuide.com, playing a former soldier who now runs a government counter-terrorism unit. (Paging Jack Bauer!)

RELATED | Exclusive: Leverage Locks In Matthew Lillard

Baldwin’s latest part will reunite him with fellow Angel alum Christian Kane, who co-stars on Leverage — which launches its fifth season on Sunday, July 15 at 8/7c — as the team’s “hitter.”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• 30 Rock‘s Cheyenne Jackson will guest-star in NBC’s upcoming Munsters reboot, Mockingbird Lane. Per Deadline, he’ll play Eddie’s charming and cheerful new scout master who falls for Portia de Rossi’s Lily.

According to exec producer Judd Apatow, Girls‘ second season is slated to debut in January on HBO.

RELATED | Breaking Bad Casts Friday Night Lights Alum as [Spoiler]

Take a peek below at a recap-filled promo for Breaking Bad‘s upcoming fifth and final season, the first half of which premieres Sunday, July 15 at 10 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (19)

• When’s Veep coming back?

Comment by Franko (@Franko12) – June 18, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love, love, love Veep! Great writing, brilliant cast, frigging hilarious and extremely smart. It took a few episodes for it to come together for me, but by 3rd eppy, I was completely hooked. Can’t wait for season two

Comment by Jrs – June 18, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • come on TV Line , we need some COMMUNITY scoop . So what if the writers have only been at work on Season 4 for only a week . No excuses :)

Comment by Jan – June 18, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess Falling Skies had massive amounts of DVR downloads because of the finale of The Killing. Surely it will be riding high next week. I watched both shows and enjoyed both immensely. Falling Skies is a definite winner and not to be missed!

Comment by Linderella – June 18, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In my case, somewhat correct. I DVR’ed at 9, watched True Blood, then started the 2 hour block at 10

Comment by PPPG – June 18, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Adam Baldwin on another of my favorite shows=happy smile on my face :)

Comment by Kristina – June 18, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay!!! I can’t wait. : )

Comment by Lu – June 18, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may have to start watching Leverage now.

Comment by Tara – June 18, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “CBS has ordered an unscripted pilot based on the addictive Pictionary-esque online game, Draw Something. The show will feature celebs and everyday users testing their artistic abilities for prizes. Viewers at home will also be able to compete.”

i came up a great name for it
    Win Lose or Draw!!!!

Comment by Lee – June 18, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reason #845 why Leverage is such an awesome show! Now if they could have the actress who played Lila on Angel or anyone from Firefly or Buffy (besides Jonathan) pop up on Leverage. It would be awesome.

Comment by Paige – June 18, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They did already have Emma Caulfield on an episode, and of course the guy who ends up on EVERY show I love, Mark Sheppard! Armin Shimerman also had a brief role.

Comment by Katie Hart (@waterfallbooks) – June 18, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally forgot that Emma Caulfield had guest starred! And yes Mark Sheppard is just constant awesomeness.

Comment by Kristina – June 18, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam Baldwin on one of my fave shows is awesome! Adam Baldwin and Christian Kane are making me very excited. I am dying for the new season of Leverage to start.

Comment by Velvet – June 18, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love how amazing it is that his hairline is forever the same. LOL

Comment by Velvet – June 18, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once again, Adam Baldwin gets a job because of who he knows – Dean Devlin – not because he has any talent.

Comment by 00000 – June 18, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that he’s a pretty decent actor. He’s just a gigantic douche in real life.

Comment by MIchael – June 22, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Adam Baldwin is an awesome actor. The talent that man has is wonderful, not to mention his own emotion that he brings to a role.vsome notable roles of the things I listed before
      Lindermen the bodyguard
      Jayne Cobb firefly
      John Casey chuck
      Animal mother full metal jacket

Comment by Ash – June 22, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget Adam Baldwin has a big screen connection to Timothy Hutton–Ordinary People.

Comment by Ellyn – June 18, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news about Adam Baldwin guesting on Leverage. I love the characters he plays. He steals the scenes he’s in and always delivers the perfect mix of comedic charm, wit smarminess and braun. He really deserves his own show (and so do all of his fans.)

Comment by Ali – June 18, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post