Once Upon a Time Season 2: Ginnifer Goodwin Is 'Most Excited' for the Charming Family Reunion

If you’re among the Once Upon a Time fans who simply cannot wait to see Mary Margaret and David — who are now aware of their true identities of Snow White and Prince Charming — reunite with daughter Emma, rest assured that Ginnifer Goodwin is counting the minutes with you.

“Oh my gosh, honestly, it’s the thing I’m most excited for,” Goodwin shared with TVLine at the Young Hollywood Awards, where she was named this year’s Style Icon. “I can’t wait to develop the relationship between parent and child (played by Jennifer Morrison) — especially now that we’re all the same age.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Bets on Red for Season 2, Makes Meghan Ory a Series Regular

Yet with just two weeks left until cast and crew report back to Vancouver to prep for Season 2 of the ABC hit, Goodwin has not yet gotten wind of how that family reunion will go. Though she does have her theories.

“It’s the creators’ choice and Jennifer Morrison’s choice, but I would assume that there would be some kind of resentment there on the part of our daughter because of what she went through after we gave her up,” Goodwin offered, alluding to Emma’s time in the foster system. “I’m anxious to explore that.”

RELATED | Once‘s Lana Parrilla: Regina’s Feud With Rumpel ‘Isn’t Going to Be Pretty!’

Goodwin said she is also curious to explore life beyond the Storybrooke town line, if the lifting of the dark curse indeed allows for that — “especially if it meant that we could shoot an episode in Hawaii!”

Are you looking forward to Snow and the Prince’s first pow-wow with daughter Emma? And do you also think Emma will harbor abandonment issues, or will she appreciate the magically extenuating circumstances? (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Jarrod says:

Hopefully they’ll get 5 more seasons for that. Oh, and of course a movie.

• whimsical says:

To be honest, I’m more interested in Emma’s relationship with August now that she knows for sure Pinocchio basically abandoned her as a baby. It could play out between resentment because of the big brother bond he has with Henry – and didn’t have with her as a child – to a real parallel because both of them lost their respective parents in the process (Geppeto didn’t remember him either).

• Jess says:

I agree. I’m interested in the Emma and parents meeting all that stuff but I’m also interested into Emma’s feelings towards August and how Geppeto reacts towards his grown Sun because he was a boy when Geppeto saw Pinocchio last. So I can’t wait for all the different story lines now that Once Upon A Time can come up with.

• Anonymous says:

Well, I would agree to it, but obviously you don’t remember. August turned back into a puppet. He died. And that means that season one was probably his only season. And if he would come back alive, then that means Graham would as well. And, as we all know, if Graham did come back (which he will not) then Emma’s feelings would be towards him because they expressed there feelings right before he died.

2. sara says:

Nothing with Charming is interesting. But Emma and Snow should be interesting, of course, I’m more interested in the relationship between Snow and Regina than anything.

• veronic says:

For you. For me Charming&Snow&Emma story is what make me love the show ;)

• sara says:

Uh…yeah. That’s why I said “I’M MORE INTERESTED IN”

• whimsical says:

I see Snow White and Charming as loving couple more than actual parents. No offense, but I don’t think the characters have enough range to pull off the dynamic with Emma. Its almost better if they stay as beloved couple only.

• Anonymous says:

But Snow still gave birth. She can’t go back and decide an abortion NOW. If you couldn’t tell in episode 1, Snow and Charming were more than in love with their daughter. Charming risked his life for her and went unconscious by the time the curse was brought. They now know about there daughter. She can’t really come between them, though, because now she is an adult about 29 cause it’s been about a year since episode 1.

• Bettret says:

I just hope it won’t get too kitschy. The Charming are horribly sappy in the fairytale world and I’d hate for them to get like this in Storybrooke too because got their memories back. And I hope they won’t turn them into this prime example of THE perfect family. It’s a bit like that in the fairytale world where everyone but Regina loves them, would do everything for them and seems to think they can’t possibly do wrong. It’s… I don’t know. I find characters like that boring and they quickly start to go on my nerves. And I think it wouldn’t be true to Emma’s character if she became this perfect princess daughter.

• sara says:

That’s my problem with anything Charming. Snow was a fully-formed character. She was selfless and selfish and smart and kind and flawed and all sorts of things. Charming is…in love with Snow. They had 22 episodes and they never managed to flesh Charming out beyond a piece of cardboard with a sword.

• veronic says:

It’s a fairy tale, OUAT is cliche. I don’t know what do you want
          That’s why I love OUAT, because is simply and remembers me my childhood.
          And I totally love Charming and their romance. I don’t want to see an annoying romance as Damon&Elena or Castle&Beckett.

• sara says:

I want characters that go beyond nothingness or else there is no point in devoting 22 hours of my life to a show. They’ve managed to give several other characters real emotions and complex characterizations so I need something beyond “I will always find you” repeated ad nauseam. The fact that every single aspect of this show revolves around romantic love is boring enough but every other story manages to be more interesting than Snow and Charming’s. They’re in EVERLASTING LOVE and she’s killed half a dozen or more people for him but she doesn’t even know his real name or that he’s not actually a prince. Not that those are necessarily important things but their courtship is based on ~fated love rather than actual love where you know the other person inside and out. And THAT is boring to me. I need more to actually invest in a character.

• Bettret says:

It just needs some real depth. I hope this show is gonna last a long time and if they get 2-3 more seasons they can’t base this story only on a few repetitive quotes and fated perfect love. Make them more real, flesh them out a little more and explore their flaws. They already started some of that with Snow, but I agree with sara that Charming is a flat cardboard character.

• Isabella says:

Fair enough, but I do think that him being the illegitimate child of the King, having to leave his mother and live pretending to be his dead brother makes him slightly more than a piece of cardboard with a sword.

• veronic says:

this¡

• Bettret says:

But when did they actually explore any of that? He had this one episode early in the season, The Shepherd episode, and that was it. After that there was no mention of his mother and what happened to her, he seemed to have no trouble at all taking on his brother’s identity… It’s not enough to hint at some potential. It needs to be explored and dealt with on screen.

• Louise says:

@Bettret: Yes. That’s the real problem. The writers let him down after his first & only major character episode.

• sara says:

No, it doesn’t. Those are things that HAPPENED to him, they have nothing to do with his characterization. How does he feel about suddenly finding out he had a brother who was killed. Is he really the son of the king or did the king make a deal in order to get an heir? How does he feel about this? WHY did he never think to tell his true love his real name? Why did he forget that his mother existed and that it was her life that was threatened if he didn’t marry Abigail? He went from being a shepherd to being someone who routinely killed other people. Is that really something that was super easy for him to transition to? Did he feel any guilt at all, even if it was in self-defence? Other than ‘I LOVE SNOW AND WILL ALWAYS FIND HER!’ I don’t know anything about how Charming feels about anything.

• veronic says:

Do you know that show has a ensemble cast and every episode is just 40 m? Because it seems you want 5 hours of Charming and his story…
            And remember, just season 1, in season 2 we will know more things about everybody
            Anyway, some naggings are hilarious looooooooooolll
            This is not Mad Men or Game of Thrones (complex characters), is a simply (and enjoyable) show very similar to Disney classics,

• bkwrm says:

He is NOT the illegitimate son of the King. The King and Queen couldn’t have kids, so he made a deal with Rumple who then paid a peasant couple for one of their twin boys.

• sara says:

@veronic Yes. It is. Yet somehow we managed to flesh out tons of other characters, some who only had ONE episode and a small appearance in another. Yet a character who appeared in more than a dozen had no character development to speak of.

• Kyra says:

Don’t you remember the episode “The Shepard” where we learned that Charming was really poor-turned-royalty with a mother whom he loved very much but had to leave behind so King George wouldn’t kill her. Plus, they gave us many episodes as to let him prove himself for us, that he’d live up to his name. I mean, the dude’s brave to fight a dragon alone, he IS charming which makes him likable, and did you even see the look on his face when he had to give his daughter up… you can’t argue, that was sad, as were all the parent-child separations. I mean, I’d LOVE to see more of him so we CAN understand and empathize with the character more.

• anakl says:

I agree with you, Kyra… I think there’s a lot more to know about Charming… and when he gave Emma away, he had pain in his eyes… he just seems to be in Snow’s shadow because she has a strong will, she’s a woman of arms & she’s a princess who knows how to take care of herself… that makes the concept of Prince Charming senseless, was not for the love story… but he is strong, he fought 2 dragons, Rumple, Regina’s guard & he fought for his love & specially, his daughter… yes, in our world he has his flaws, but then again we all know that in this world there aren’t perfect people or a perfect reality.

• Anonymous says:

I agree. I don’t think that Emma would become that. She is not girly like most princesses, besides Mary Margret’s NOW style. And Emma now has a son she must take care of. Henry is the only thing she really loves, and probably will.

• BAND says:

Unfortunately, I’m going to have agree. Charming has never interested me in the slightest. He bugs me in both Storybrooke and Fairytale land.

• Fantasia2000 says:

I agree. For the male lead, he’s surprisingly under developed. The main villains have better backstory and character development than he does. The only aspect about the Charmings that interest me is Snow. She’s awesome. :)

• Everleigh says:

While i agree that Charming could be more fully fleshed out, I think people also need to recognize that this is a show that just completed its first season. They need to keep something for the second season.

• Brit says:

OMG! I’m so glad I’m not the only who feels this way. I don’t know what it is about Charming, but he doesn’t interest me at all. I understand that it’s only been one season, but there have been numerous other characters that have been successfully fleshed out in just one season. Charming is just kind of…there. Yes, he’s brave and handsome, but there’s no fire. No spark.

• Seth says:

I agree about Charming. Most boring character on the show. I seriously can’t think of one interesting thing about him except that he has an awesome wife and daughter.

• Sara says:

It took until halfway through the season before the reasons behind why Regina hated Snow so much were fully explained, so I think it’s silly to think that his character is lacking in development. Every episode of the show, with the revelations of what happened in the past along with what’s happening now, has revealed a small sliver of each character’s personality and motivations… and no one has been fully explained or fleshed out. Plus, he was kind of in a coma for several episodes. It’s hard to have much insight into a guy who’s not really there.

• ultimate troll says:

I’ve gotta agree with Sara here, Charming has just not lived up to anything so far. His backstory with the dragon sort of solidified the idea that he was a dash hero but he’s been so wishy washy with Snow. Maybe it’s not his fault, the writer’s kind of had to have him waiting around until they’ve were ready for C&S to get their memories back.

3. veronic says:

Please, I die to see Charming&Snow&Emma.

4. mare says:

I’m just upset that they took of the curse to early! They should’ve played with it for at least one more season.
    But I love the connection between MaryM and Emma, but Emma didn’t interact with James-David a lot so it will be interesting!
    And they have a grandchild! But I’m more curious for Henry’s father! and that story!
    And I want more characters brought into the game! And a love interest for Emma!

• Lena120 says:

That’s what I’m more interested in – Emma and David. She’s shared plenty of scenes with Snow, but her interactions with her dad have been cut and dry. Snow, being a teacher, and embodying the sweetness of Mary Margaret already has a maternal vibe. I can’t see David/Charming being paternal, especially towards this grown woman. I’m ready to explore their dynamic. Maybe Emma not having a father figure is the reason she had such bad luck with men. And that could be a domino effect to Henry’s dad and what really happened there.

• Oh, no way, I was so excited when they actually did break the curse at this point! I hate it when a show has a premise and then is too afraid to move away from it and develop into something new – it goes stale SO quickly. The season finale was incredibly satisfying, while still leaving me wanting to know what happens next.

• Prince charming says:

I agree, it would have been more fun to see more of the fairytale creatures origins, but who knows, the show will be awesome either way!

5. farsia2010 says:

i think there will be some resentment but no more than just a defense mechanism for Emma to keep her distance, because she is not used to having parents. i do think that there will be more awkwardness than resentment really. i honestly believe that the fighting will be dealt with in the first 2 eps tops.
    i am more interesting to see how Snow will feel about Charming living as man and wife with Katherine, curse or no curse, it gotta bring up some tension. not to mention the fact that he didn’t fully support her and she remembers all. i mean they both got the same curse but she was able to fully commit to their relationship and he was not, that is gotta create a fight or two.
    P.S. Emma really needs to move out of her mom’s (parents?) place or things will et really weird and fast.

• sara says:

Plus you know that whole thing where they abandoned her for 28 years in order to save themselves.

• Louise says:

They wanted to save Emma and give her her best chance. Like Emma did with Henry.

• sara says:

No. ‘Come back and save us’ was the intention. When Emma gave up Henry it was to someone who could provide for him and look after him; ‘live a happy life that is better than one I could have given you’ was the intention. Snow and Charming put Emma into a wardrobe with no idea where she would end up. She ended up abandoned in a tree in Maine and put into the foster system. Those aren’t the same things.

• farsia2010 says:

and what pray tell me was the alternative? have her trapped in the curse an infant forever? with them all being eternally miserable? yes indeed, how terrible of them to give her a chance of a life and to hope that they will one day see her again and she would save them. how inhuman of them!

• Jackson says:

They knew exactly where she would end up. NOT trapped in a cursed.

• sara says:

I’ll remember that the next time someone leaves a baby in a tree.

• farsia2010 says:

@sara
            the next time sb leaves a baby in a tree you are free to indulge in your indignation, but this is a different case and you know it!

• Al says:

Got to wonder what was going through Gold/Rumple’s mind when he arranged THAT adoption! He basically sent the kid to be raised by his grandmother’s enemy. Did he know that at the time (I assume he did)? Was this his way of making sure Emma would eventually get to Storybrooke? Did the Queen know then that Henry was relative of Snow’s? With their memories restored, how will Snow react to this revelation? How will the Queen, and how will it effect her relationship with Henry?

And, BTW, just how did Mary Margaret get that book she gave to Henry? More of Rumple’s work?

Can’t wait to see what the writers come up with for season 2!

• farsia2010 says:

not to save themselves, to save themselves and her as well! she would have been stuck as an infant forever cause time has stopped and she wouldn’t have parents cause Regina would make sure Snow looses both her husband and child. she would not be happy ever. this way she had a chance. they gave their daughter the only chance they could. besides there is also the matter of her being the savior of not only her parents but the entire world (in the magical realm).

• Jamie says:

It wasn’t just to save themselves it was to save Emma too. If they didn’t put her in the wardrobe then she would have been trapped in the curse right along with everyone else and who knows what Regina would have done to her. Let’s not forget that whole scene when Regina’s black knights were searching the castle so they could KILL the child.

• Andrea says:

No, they send her through the wardrobe so they could save her and in order she could save them all. Either they kept her with them not knowing what was going to happen (she could very well die, since Regina was looking her and she isn’t above killing children as it has been shown), or they could send her away to keep her save from the EVIL queen and come back to save them when it was time.

• they were going to kill her! Idiots!

• Bettret says:

Snow was always the stronger one of the two of them, I think. Charming ran around waving a sword and claiming to be oh so brave, but I always thought Snow was a lot more badass. She always had her act together and stood up to Regina, King George and Rumple with little show and flourish, but in a very effective and honest way. I don’t know if Charming put on more of a show beause he is not really a prince (he just took on his brother’s identity) and when this title and what came along with it was taken away from him with the curse his real insecurities and flaws were exposed… But yeah, I thought it was fitting that MM was mostly the strong and reasonable one in Storybrooke too.

• Bev says:

Uh…the dude took on TWO dragons by himself. I think it’s a little more than just show. I agree that Snow is pretty badass and probably the smarter of the two but Charming has done his share of dangerous and heroic things.

6. Bobby says:

I just really like the show.. Charming is a lucky man

7. ecrc says:

If Emma is smart. find that the parents didn’t abandon her. If Emma had beenthere, perhaps the Evil Queen kill her for not to break the curse. Or Emma would be cursed and would have been raised by some fake parents …

And with the Magic back, I bet things Storybrook, will also be different, including the memories back. Family members who are not familiar at all … where they live, who will live … will be weird for everyone … even for Emma, Henry, Charming and Snow …. will be a new and difficult beginnings.

8. Anne says:

So excited!!! But my main interest is Henry’s father. Who is he and how does he fit in here?? Can’t wait for season 2!!!

• Jane says:

I don’t know why but I have a strong feeling that his father is Bae. Story-wise it would be awesome… What a weird family that would make haha!

Picture this: Emma is Henry’s biological mom, Regina his adoptive one, Snow and Charming his grandparents, Bae his father, which would make Rumple his grand-father. I just hope that I’m right, because I’d love a big mess like that lol.

• farsia2010 says:

it would be cool, it would set Rumple squarely on Snow/Charming/Emma?Henry team and would could a rumple(pun intended) between him and Regina!

• farsia2010 says:

*cause a rumple….

• Bettret says:

I don’t really like the Baelfire as Henry’s father idea to be honest. It’s seems to contrieved. I can somehow buy that Regina ended up adopting Henry, but that Emma had a child with one of two other people (Bael and Pinocchio) who came to our world from the Enchanted Forest seems like a real big stretch for me. Not to mention that they would have to find ways to twist the timeline because Bae is centuries older than Emma.
          And a blood connection between Rumple and the Charmings would just be too much for me as well. Again, I can somehow buy that Snow and Regina, as characters from the Snow White fairytale, are still tied to each other in our world through Henry. But adding Rumple to the mix would be too much. Especially since we know Rumple already messed with Regina’s family since Regina’s mother is the miller’s daughter from the Rumplestiltskin fairytale. If he know has ties to the Charmings too… Talk about overkill. In my opinion anyway.
          Besides, I really want them to focus on how the Charmings and Regina deal with their respective roles in Henry’s life and how some of that echoes what they’ve been through in the fairytale world with Regina as Snow White’s stepmother. That’s quite a lot of story potential and I’d hate to see it go to waste because they had to add Rumple as yet another person fighting for Henry.

• farsia2010 says:

i see your point and perhaps you are right about it being overkill but i Bae would not be centuries older or Rumple would not have thought that August was his son, this means that the age should be around what August is maybe a little older. though i do see where you are coming from and they will have a lot to explain.
            also now that i think about it, i think Bae is not Henry’s father simply because if he was Rumple wouldn’t need to search for him. he would know where he is because he was there after Henry’s death so i am sure he could have figured out how to find the father right there and then.
            plus i really don’t think Rumple would be fighting for Henry, he would be protecting Henry by making sure he stays with the Charmings.

• Terri says:

The timeline thing is fluid, evidenced by Mr. Gold believing August could be his son. Bae could show up in Storybrooke some day, and not necessarily as a decrepit old man.

• Jaime says:

Don’t think The Return epi proves Bae = August’s age. Because I don’t think Rumples knows how old Bae is at all. How would he know anything about what happened to Bae after he went through the vortex. He hopes he’s still alive of course. But if someone older or younger than August had tried to play into it Rumples would have bought it too. Because he’s desperate.

• Karen says:

Yeah. Count me among those who’d rather not have blood relations between the Charming, Mills and Gold families. They’re involved in each other’s life enough as it is and Henry’s life in particular is messed up enough as it is.

• Tansy says:

It’s Rumpel not Rumple.

• BAND says:

I also have a feeling it will be Bae. I can’t wait to see how both families respond to the news.

• Fantasia2000 says:

I would love for Bae to be Henry’s father too. To me it actually makes sense. The person who the curse is actually about meeting the person who’s destined to break it. Perfect symmetry. I also want to see more than just the Charmings. They can be a bit nauseating at times.

• sara says:

Which would point the way for Regina being killed off since she’s the superfluous parent who is viewed as the unpaid babysitter.

• Tansy says:

She isn’t a parent, and not even a very capable babysitter. She’s the worst type of caregiver, a distracted and inattentive one. She’s so wrapped up in her machinations, half the time she doesn’t even know where Henry is or what he’s doing.

• Blackbird says:

I find this very amusing to be honest. She raised him for 12 years, raised him into the great little person he his now. Of course she is his mother.

• Karen says:

Not sure what point you’re trying to make? Cause so far almost all parents on the show are flawed, but that doesn’t take away their status as parents. You can’t just declare someone no longer a parent because you don’t like the way they’re acting as parents. It doesn’t work that way. Regina is the effin Evil Queen. But she also is very much Henry’s mother.

• Andrea says:

She is a bad parent.

• Lolly says:

I desperately want Bae to be Henry’s father and Emma’s true love. I’m romantic like that. :D

• Lauren says:

as much as I would love that to happen, because I think it would be an interesting twist. Just like Emma, August and Henry, Bea is not effected by the curse so he would be in his forties now, being 14 when Emma was born.
          As for the Charming reunion, I can’t wait I want to see how they Handle it. Mainly Snow and Charming having a daughter their own age. It would be so Awkward to know that your daughter found you but at the same time. Your daughter is the same age as you because of a Curse, and at the same time being grandparents to a ten year old, who when you think about it. is the adoptive son of Snow’s step mother but also her grandson. Oh what a tangled web season two is going to be.

• Jan says:

Remind me again of how Bae fits into this story. Is he the one who slipped down the bank and fell into a ?vortex? and the Blue Fairy was also there and his father–?Rumpel?–was trying to hold onto him–Bae wanted both of them to go into the ?vortex? but Rumpel didn’t want to leave the safety of Fairy Tale Land… or have I mashed up 2-3 stories? Which ep should I review to understand the Bae story? And why is he not affected by the curse?

• jo says:

That is true. He really was about 13-14 when Emma was born and sent to this parallel universe. And it would be just be awful to see this 40 something year old man who’s probably married, (because alot of people are in their 40’s), come back and be Emma’s baby daddy. And who doesn’t want to see a happily ever after ending for Emma where she ends up with her childs father? For Gods Sake! She’s technically a fairy tale character (since she was born there and has fairytale parents) Why would you give a fairy tale character a baby daddy!!? Hopefully and maybe there;s a chance that when Baelfire went through the vortex, that he traveled through time as well .. and landed in the future with Emma already being the same age as him … 14.

• Mahi says:

I love ur imagination BTW I think Baefire (Bae )is the man Emma went to for help not rumpl

9. anakl says:

I read that season 2 would be the season where we would know more about Charming, his real name, his story… so maybe that’s why they focused on some of the other stories in S1… Now we can find out more about Charming, what happened to August, if Graham is coming back (the curse brings back what you have lost), Rumple & Belle, the fight between Rumple & Regina, and if Emma will choose a side to fight with….. can’t wait…

10. anakl says:

oh and I’m anxious to find out if the writers decided to unite the charmings to Rumple’s family by bloodline… I often wondered if Rumple’s son is Henry father & if Rumple knows it… He obviously know where Bae is, otherwise why would he be scanning the globe?

11. Hermit says:

Please, no “abandonment issues”. Sounds boring as hell.

12. Templar says:

I don’t think Graham will be back. Lifting the curse returns what you’ve lost, but will not raise the dead. I’m expecting them to weave Rapunzel’s story into Emma’s story [see the photo above, look at Emma's hair.] and I suspect Henry’s father to be the one who discovered Rapunzel where she was imprisoned. Things happened, Emma/Rapunzel got PG, they became separated and she thought he abandoned her. He could very well be Baelfire who may have emerged in this world in a slightly more advanced time so that the age difference won’t be too great between them. Rapunzel’s story works perfectly with Emma’s: Taken from her parents, fostered, imprisoned, and there has to be a reason why her hair has grown so long throughout season1.

• sara says:

Emma is her own character. Not Rapunzel.

• Templar says:

I didn’t say she was Rapunzel. I said the Rapunzel story fits Emma. I remember when I was saying for weeks that August was Pinocchio and you, Sara, kept vehemently disagreeing with me. We’ll see.

• farsia2010 says:

i agree that the story fits, but i thought that all actual fairytales had to happy in the fairytale world and then their happy endings undone by the curse. this would mean that the actual tale happened in the real world so what undid the happy ending this time? it wasn’t the curse because that happened when Emma was born and both Bae and Emma avoided it? but the story does fit. it is confusing.

• songbyrd86 says:

The fact that the story would’ve happened in the “real world” is what would’ve undid the happy ending for it…. The “real world” is the curse and is the cause of all the unhappy endings. IMO…

• From the description August has given of his life since coming through the tree, it sounds as if much of his Pinocchio story happened here in the “real world” (Thailand = Pleasure Island, etc.). So it wouldn’t shock me if Emma does turn out to be Rapunzel. In fact, I think that would be a badass twist.

• Katherine says:

I’ve been spotting Rapunzel links–especially the hair, which tends to reflect Emma’s emotional state. And the fact those locks just too perfect for such a non-girly girl. BIG HINT last night–when Snow and Emma sat down to eat with “Lancelot,” the first food that Emma picked was…RAMPS…which are the onion/scallion-type plant that Rapunzel’s mother craved and that Rapunzel’s father stole from the witch’s garden, which led to the whole “I get to take your baby” situation. That said, this may be an even twistier version of the Rapunzel tale, since Henry was actually stolen by a witch and kept imprisioned in Storybrook. And that kid, as we all know, does nothing BUT disregard anyone who tells him to stay put. He’s constantly breaking out of any “tower” that someone tries to put him in, particularly Regina.

• Jan says:

Would this mean that Emma is not Snow’s daughter? We’ve gone this far believing that Emma is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming–right? Why now is she also Rapunzel? Or not ALSO, but only Rapunzel… I thought last night’s episode (10/14/12) was quite confusing. So many characters in 2 or more places at one time….!!!! iiieeeeee!!! I’ll watch 3-4 of them this week to see how i can make sense of them all.

13. Belen says:

I’m really excited about this, specially if Jennifer is involved in the creative process. I love The Charmings, they are by far my fav part of the show, so I’ll take as much as they want to give to us.
    If you ask me, I’m expecting this second season to be like Gilmore Girls but with magic. But that’s just me. :)

14. Meg says:

I do hope that they of course acknowledge the fact that they are a family, and of course Snow/MM would be the most overjoyed (I do hope that all the characters keep a lot of their Storybrooke versions’ demeanors, maybe minus David ;] ) and Emma won’t know how to respond but by the end of the first second or third episode she’ll be fine. I think Snow and Charmig will not be happy lovey together for the first couple episdoes once they realize all the stuff that has happened in each of their SB personal lives and the bad stuff between them. But Emma will get them back together, probably feeling awkward about it, but knowing she should. And she’ll also have to deal with how to raise Henry. The first episode is surely going to have to cover A LOT of stuff. Or maybe Emma will ask Snow/MM for help with Henry once she realizes she’s in over her head. IDK, is it obvious that I am just so desperate for this show to come back already?

15. Joanh says:

I LOVE this show! The acting is great and I can’t wait for season2 to start. I am really looking forward to the Charming family reunion. I think in ep1 Henry will start to call Emma mom – and by the end of the season Emma will call snow and charming mom and dad! I also can’t wait to find out more about Rumples big plan – like I said I LOVE this show :))

16. Lily says:

I can’t wait to see Snow and Charming reunite with Emma and Henry. Snow and Charming are the main reason I love this show, their story is one of the best things about OUAT. I really don’t get all the Charming hatred, I love his character, he is so brave and confident, I don’t find him boring of flat as others have said and am looking forward to seeing his relationship with Emma this season.

17. Mike says:

I think I speak for every red-blooded male in the country when I say the scene we’re really looking forward to is Mary Margaret giving Emma a good ol’ fashioned spanking for her attitude. ;-)

18. I basically hate love stories. And the way love is portrayed in this show, is even worse. Honestly, who cares about a bunch of fairty tale characters looking for stupid love? I would rather read my childhood stories, where snow white is cute, prince charming’s skull is not distorted and more importantly there is no Emma.

• Margeaux says:

And you’re posting here, why? That’s like walking into a restaurant and announcing “I don’t eat here” and leaving. I suppose you have to waste your time and spread your misery somewhere.

• teebugger says:

So don’t watch the show or post comments.

19. navistart says:

Amazing show with amazing actors and actresses (specially Jennifer Morrison, Robert Carlyle and Lana Parilla)
    I can’t wait!!!

20. Dennis says:

I’m soooooo hoping for a family reunion between Snow/James/Emma and then Henry. I want to see the resentment though. I think conflict with Emma’s bitterness & resentment, even though she knows what happened, will help their story as a whole. I just PRAY that we will NOT see James cry anymore, ugh!!! ENOUGH WITH THE FRIGGIN CRYING, CHARMING!!!

21. Eva Said says:

I just started season 1 and I’m looking forward to this :D

22. Lili Andjela says:

i love once upon a time i am a BIG fan and i love Emma,Charmming,Henry and Snow and Red toooo i am just starting to watch seson 2 <3

23. Jan says:

I would like to know if a DVD is planned for Season 1, and if so, when will it be out? i have all 22 eps on my DVR and i need to make some room for other things–perhaps S2 when it starts. I am “planning” on watching all 22 eps at some time this summer to refresh my memory, but this comments page has helped immensely. I see everyone has some bit of storyline a little bit different from everyone else…. one day it might all be revealed.

24. Em J says:

I want more August and Emma! There is near to none fanfics about them! T_T

25. DEFINITELY RUMPLE IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER, HE´S UNIQUE, HIS STORY FOR ME IS THE GREATEST UNTIL NOW, HE HAS CHARMED ME!!! JUST LOVE HIM

26. Sarah says:

It would be interesting if Charming’s mother was still alive and we could see what “fake story” they gave her in Storybrook.

27. Cindy Kohlscheen says:

As I see it, there are several things that can happen, based off the first season:

* The purple fog that was let out that Rumpelstilskin says is something powerful…..is Love.

* Love breaks the curse and restores everything that was taken or lost from the fairytale characters but RETURN THEM TO THEIR OWN REALM. I don’t think they can live in a modern world, or want to. Wouldn’t make sense.

There are MANY people to be reunited and you can go back through the first series to find them all. I think they can stretch the second series out to 22 episodes by doing this and showing each “Happy Ending”. Don’t think there is enough to warrant a season after that or it ruins what has already been done.

I also think that evil has to be banished by this love fog or breaking of the curse and Regina is reunited with her love Daniel. She was originally a nice person, until evil hurt her. This would show the power of love.

I do think Emma needs to be with Huntsman, not August…..

Cindy K.

• Gabrielle says:

He didnt need to do that.. Emma’s love for Henry broke the curse. I think what Rumple did was give the Queen back her power.. and his. Not a good thing.

28. KatieH says:

I think that the way Bea was able to live for hundreds of years and not age until the curse hit, is because he is PETER PAN! This personality would also make him a perfect contender to be Henry’s father!

29. Gabrielle says:

I feel so sorry for Regina. She was a nice person with a horrible mother and she took revenge to a new level, making her life worse as she went. She is Mother and Step-Great-Grandmother to Henry. Freaky thought. I love this show but my favourite character is Rumple/MrGold. I love the man! I also loved the sherif, but I dont think he will be back.. then again…….

30. Charles says:

I am getting frustrated because I have waited for so long for season 2. Who knows when is it coming out? can somebody tell me please.

31. Nitin says:

All said and done….Season 2 is coming soon!

32. Joseph says:

Some interesting comments here.
    Emma=Rapunzel… don’t think so. Rapunzel’s story wouldn’t have happened yet then.
    Bae=Henry’s Dad…. I had supposed that one myself
    Bae=Peter Pan… YES! That would be cool, though why would he not have aged? There was no magic in this world, save the effects of the curse, and he was not part of that. And the magic bean was to take him to a land without magic, not encapsulate him in it!

As for the timeline convergence… I think that people that came through from the other world by different means came in through the same door… so no matter when they left, they arrived at nearly the same time. So Bae would be a bit older than August, and older than Emma by about 14-15 years. (how old was he again, when Rumple became the Dark One?)

I think the interesting twists here would be:
    – Regina finding out who Emma really is. I don’t think she knew.
    – Regina realizing that Henry is sort of related to her (step great grandchild… THAT ought to make her feel old!) despite not being his biological mother.
    – Charming and Snow, who last saw their daughter as a baby, and from their perspective, moments later she is now an adult.
    – With memories returned, I suppose Jefferson gets his daughter back finally! Will that change him into a good guy in season two. In Season 1 he was kind of a bad guy, but only out of desperation. On that note though… I had thought he fell through the hat that Emma “fixed” (unwittingly), and went back to FTL. How then, did he wind up back in SB the next time we see him?

Count me among the throngs that can’t wait for the magic that will be Season Two.

33. llooll says:

are you going to put rumplestinckstins son in it? because he goes in the worm hole from the fairy tale to reality.

34. llooll says:

for season 2 you could do – rupunzel , jack & the bean stalk ( rumples.. son can have something to do with that), Aladdin would be interesting but i dunno if it would work, Oh my gosh you haven’t done cinderella! the BFG ? is that one. you could include the mad hatter when they go into different dimensions and could go to the land of giants or something. Youve done something to do with alice and wonderland but haven’t included alice into the story. Theres sooo many ideas………..overload!

I find Snow white nd charming really boring first their together the they break up then their together…. etc. I like how the director changes the original fairytales and links them, its very unique.

35. Just remember people this is a freaking tv show. Some of you sound like you’re living in the fairytale land yourselves. Get a grip on reality and stop arguing like 12 year olds over something that isn’t even real.

36. Leslie says:

There’s a lot of things I’m wicked excited for in seaons 2 but Charming isn’t one of them. He’s too… IDK, but I don’t like him. I liked the David/Mary love story more than I did Snow/Charming.
    But WICKED! Excited to see Snow/Emma’s relationship, find out more about Rumbelle, and finding out who Henry’s father is.
    And I also have several theorires about that as well.
    I legit think Baefire is his father b/c he’d be about 14 years older then Emma whose 28. That’s not that huge an age gap plus it’d make sense. Henry is the heir to the Dark One and Snow White. It fits.
    Also, Dr. Whale. I’d bet all types of life that he’s Eric from the Little Mermaid. He has a thing for red heads, the hair, and the name. It makes perfect sense.

37. Leslie says:

Oh and if the curse brings back people from the dead, then Daniel needs to come back before August does.I’d also kill to see what happened to Regina’s mother.

38. Sarah says:

I am soo excited for this show to come back!!! I am counting down the days until Sept. 30th. I have been very interested in the Snow/Charming love story. They are perfect for each other and they love their daughter so much, even though they have only seen her once. I can’t wait to see them reunite in the next season.

39. Love the show, can not wait for Season 2 to begin. I am currently rewatching Season 1. I don’t think that Pinocchio’s fate is the same as Graham’s. Pinocchio was wood, became human, turned back to wood so magic could possibly bring him back. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

LOVE Rumpel/Belle. Robert Carlyle is one of my favorites so anything that brings him into my living room is a win.

40. HeatherV says:

I really hope Graham comes back…..I really like him and Emma. I thought it was funny when Henry’s was like “You kissed my mom!!” I thought that was adorable.

41. Antje says:

For the reason that the admin of this web page is working, no hesitation very
    rapidly it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.

Antje