What to Watch Sunday: Finales for The Killing, Girls and Four Others, Racy Cupcakes and More

On TV this Sunday: Father’s Day = Finales Day, as many series draw to their seasonal close. What’s better than a tie or some golf clubs? How about The Killing catching a killer and Nurse Jackie celebrating a special birthday, not to mention Girls’ boy trouble and a Borgias betrothal?

Here are 10 shows, in addition to Falling Skies return (linked below), to keep on your radar.

8 pm Cupcake Wars (Food Network) | Bakers compete for the privilege of cupcake-catering a VIP party for this year’s Los Angeles Marathon – because only people who’ve run 26.2 miles can afford to indulge in a 500-calorie sugarbomb.

PREVIEW | Falling Skies Season 2: Expository ETs! Tom’s Chilly Welcome Home! And a Ray of Hope?

9 pm The Killing (AMC) | In part two of the Season 2 finale, Sarah and Holder close the case, Richmond’s got a new thing going and the Larsens finally get closure — but not from where you’d expect.

9 pm Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime) | While Jane thinks her client is holding out on her, Kim and Parker become Owen’s sister’s divorce lawyers and Grayson helps Stacy and Nikki get one step closer to bringing pake (pie + cake) to the masses. (God bless them.)  TV vet Patty Duke guest-stars, while Valerie Harper returns as Judge Singer.

9 pm True Blood (HBO) | Bill and Eric go to New Orleans to meet Salome and get some firsthand knowledge about the Authority’s interrogation techniques – that’s also where we first meet SVU alum Christopher Meloni’s Roman. Elsewhere, Tara shows up in Bon Temps and Alcide doesn’t want to be the werewolves’ new packmaster.

9 pm 2012 MuchMusic Video Awards (Fuse) | LMFAO hosts the pop music awards show, which features appearances by Glee’s Darren Criss and Chord Overstreet, Dallas’ Jesse Metcalfe, Pretty Little Liars’ Lucy Hale, 90210’s Shenae Grimes and Modern Family’s Rico Rodriguez.

9 pm Nurse Jackie (Showtime) | Season finale: Dr. Cruz pushes Jackie to the breaking point, and O’Hara’s baby decides it’s time to be born.

9:30 pm The Big C (Showtime) | From the network: “Cathy finds herself spending time with a stranger.” That doesn’t sound very eventful, but this is the Season 3 ender, so there’s probably more in store, no?

RELATED | Hot for Summer: 100 Premiere Dates and More!

10 pm The Client List (Lifetime) | Season finale: It may be Father’s Day, but Kyle’s return is anything but welcome. Meanwhile, Riley finds herself running The Rub of Sugar Land. Betty White, Law & Order’s Elisabeth Rohm, Heroes’ Greg Grunberg and One Life to Live’s Trevor St. John guest-star.

10 pm Girls (HBO) | In the buzzy series’ Season 1 finale, Hannah questions her relationship with Adam (that’s funny, I’ve been questioning it from the get-go), Jessa throws a mystery party, Marnie loosens up and Shoshanna’s quirks turn into assets.

10 pm The Borgias (Showtime) | Season finale: Lucrezia’s finally remarrying! Yay! But Cesare’s confession nearly does the Pope in, and then Antonello steps up to finish the job. Boo!

1. Simon Jester says:

Stoked for tonight’s finale of THE KILLING!!!

2. Jack Bauer says:

The Killing finale. Season or series finale.

• Sparky says:

I think I read Ausiello saying that the ratings have being really low that it is unlikely that it will make it to a third season. Finally we get closure. And it better pay off…

• Simon Jester says:

Actually, while overall viewership is down, it’s pretty solid in the 18-49 demo that advertisers covet. Could easily go either way.

• William says:

Yeah, the really ticked off a lot of viewers with that terrible season one finale. Critics, too. If they try and pull that soap opera stunt again, none of these people will work in TV again.

3. I really wish you would include times for the linked shows – it’s hard to figure out what times they are on when the link is between shows at two different times (i.e, is Falling Skies on at 8 or 9?).

• Russ says:

If you click on Falling Skies link its stated in the first paragraph 9/8c. It was super easy to figure out and took 3 seconds.

4. Martina says:

The Borgias for me, I didn’t bother with the killing this season

5. Jimpy says:

The only two shows I’m inclined to watch are both on at the same time, Mythbusters and Falling Skies

6. Jo says:

Buzzy? Yeah… That’s one word for Girls. Lol.

• TheMediaFan says:

The show is being talked about on a lot of sites. There’s been a lot of sexism directed at Lena Dunham. So, yes the show has a lot of buzz from critics and viewers.

7. Meri says:

The Borgias! Definitely !!

8. Britta Unfiltered says:

Isn’t there also a marathon starting on AMC for Breaking Bad reruns? Let’s see how well I do keeping myself from watching that. Too many good shows on tonight. Most of them I won’t be able to watch right away though. But when I can, I will be getting to The Borgias, Nurse Jackie, The Big C, The Killing, and Girls. It hurts me that Veep and Mad Men won’t be on. It hurts me a lot. Makes me feel rather dead inside, in fact.
    I am so curious to see how The Killing wraps things up. They really got their act together the second half of this season. I just hope the ending makes sense. If they come out of nowhere with some murderer we’ve never heard of or it’s someone who’s never ever once was even been hinted to be a suspect, I am gonna be so pissed. I wish they had done the whole Rosie Larson murder in one season, it would have been a much better series overall if they had. Season 2 could have easily been a new murder.
    The Borgias has had a much better season 2 as well. Season 1 was so dark and the characters were not very likeable. Only Cesare and Lucretia were likeable last year. They have done a much better job this season of making everyone seem more human and the violence has been a little less shockingly repugnant. But I’m so glad (SPOILER ALERT) that…
    Cesare did his brother in, that guy really had it coming. And I wouldn’t mind a bit seeing Julia Farnezi….whatever her name is, going the same way.

9. TheMediaFan says:

Girls is truly groundbreaking and some of the hatred toward the shows has been sexist. This show proves you don’t need likable characters. The show is a dramedy with very funny moments. That line where Hannah says that she has friends from preschool, she’s just not seeing them now was hilarious and pointed out her delusions.

10. TheMediaFan says:

It’s also very realistic.

11. kirads09 says:

Watching Live: Falling Skies

My DVR will be burning up with: Mythbusters, Food Network Star, Glades, Longmire

12. Haters gonna hate – Girls is the best new show of the 11/12 season. Lena Dunham is brilliant.

13. DanielleZ says:

Would rather watch the Nurse Jackie finale tonight but I have to watch The Killing finale. NJ and The Big C will have to wait until Monday.

14. Josh says:

Dvr’ing Falling Skies didn’t watch first season but checking out premier tonight to see if ill like it enough to buy first season on DVD

15. Dexter Morgan says:

Dexter season 6 marathon, True Blood, and WWE No Way Out!

16. leahbh says:

Recording Longmire and Falling Skies, actually watching NBA FINALS!

17. Brandy says:

Client List,Drop Dead Diva

18. icywinter2 says:

True Blood, only because of Meloni being in it. So worth watching….

I don’t get why they have video award shows anyways, when no one today except for Adele has talent.

19. Josey says:

Nurse Jackie and True Blood. Done.

20. Justin says:

Falling Skies for me.

21. Linderella says:

Watching The Killing finale “live” and DVRing Falling Skies two-hour premiere. Considering the amount of commercials on TNT, I’ll probably finish up the recorded version about the same time as the live show. Thank goodness for DVRs because I’d hate to have to choose between these two awesome shows!

22. B says:

Watching the Glades with my dad tonight!

23. Jared says:

Will definitely be watching TRUE BLOOD..can’t wait to see Christopher Meloni..and The Client List..

24. Larissa says:

Watching THE KILLING live. Then watching DVR’d TRUE BLOOD at 10:00. Will DVR NURSE JACKIE, LONGMIRE and Sister Wives.

25. Shaun says:

So much on Sunday…..True Blood,Borgias,Continuum,Falling Skies

26. Stefany says:

Seriously. I don’t watch anything live anymore. I dvr and then watch it… Usually within 24 hours, sometimes I start it 20 minutes after it starts. Just enough to skip the commercials. So tonight I will be watching The Killing and Drop Dead Diva… Both on tape delay.

27. bella says:

The Killing (finally), Continuum, True Blood and Falling Skies…