American Horror Story Exclusive: Skins Star Britne Oldford Joins Season 2 Cast

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Britne Oldford American Horror StoryAmerican Horror Story apparently isn’t done populating the asylum at the center of its upcoming second season.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Britne Oldford, best known for her role as moody, pill-popping Cadie in MTV’s Skins, is joining the FX hit in the recurring role of Alma.

A description of Alma was not made available, but conventional wisdom points to her being one of the patients holed up at the institution for the criminally insane run by Jessica Lange.

Other new faces on tap for Season 2 of the FX hit include Big Love‘s Chloe Sevigny, The Voice‘s Adam Levine, French actress Lizzie Brochere, FlashForward‘s Joseph Fiennes and Oscar nominee James Cromwell, while Lange, Zachary Quinto, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe — who in Season 1 played Constance, Chad, Tate, psychic Billie Dean and doctor’s wife Nora — are all set to return but as different characters.

“Everybody is playing the opposite of what they played last year, Horror Story co-creator Ryan Murphy recently told TVLine, “which I think is why they’re all so into it.”

Comments (20)

• Awe, you got me all excited I thought it was someone from the original Skins series. LeSigh.

Comment by Nina – June 15, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is it wrong that I am kind of hoping that Adam Levine will get naked this season ala Dylan McDermott?

Comment by Eric – June 15, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, no Dylan McDermott this season.

Comment by Temis – June 15, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Eric wasn’t asking if Dylan McD would turn up again this season. He was asking if Adam Levine will appear naked on the show like Dylan did.

Comment by Uther – June 15, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am definitely with you on that hope!!

Comment by Jason – June 16, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No it’s not I hope too, and I was hoping one of the original british skin actors :(

Comment by miri – June 15, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is actually kind of a perfect fit.

Comment by Rob – June 15, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO HAPPY to read this. She was my favourite part of an other-wise lack luster show. Awesome news.

Comment by Aidan – June 15, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Might want to specify in the headline it’s Skins US we’re talking about. I got all excited for nothing…

Comment by Amanda – June 15, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one would read it if they did that. Marketing is what it’s all about.

Comment by Uther – June 15, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I originally thought this was someone from the British version, I absolutely loved Britne Oldford. Cassie is one of my favorite characters of all time (from the original UK series), so I was expecting to absolutely despise Cadie. Instead, Oldford’s haunting portrayal of a bipolar teen with those huge eyes and empty stares really won me over. I think she’ll be great here!

Comment by Jason Rey – June 15, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um.. Who? What about Taissa Farmiga? Super actress who has really been unfairly dealt with this.

Comment by missorls – June 15, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has something new already. A movie or TV show, I can’t remember. With Hermoine from Potter.

Comment by Uther – June 15, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ultra bummer it was us skins…..uk skins women are great..could totally see hannah murray or kaya scodelario on there…though with hannah on game of thrones i’d go with kaya as a better choice.

Comment by court – June 15, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her! Loved Skins US too. It just wasn’t given a chance …

Comment by SIMMs – June 15, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gross looking.

Comment by Mark – June 15, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looks like she belongs in a horror story.

Comment by Evelyn – June 16, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was the best part of an otherwise horrible show (Skins (US)). I’m glad she’s found other work.

Comment by pecola – June 25, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post