Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Thursdays?

Get More: Polls

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and tough viewing choices arrive with it. We’ve decided the time to get thinking about them is now.

Each day this week, TVLine is showing you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast networks’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether anyone likes it or not).

RELATED | TVLine’s Handy Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What Will Be on When, and Versus What

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get either Damon or Elena to nibble on your neck. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.
NOTES ABOUT THE THURSDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least several weeks of the fall TV season; that is why shows such as Burn Notice (which is on hiatus by mid-September) and FX’s Anger Management (finale airs in August) are not included. Details on the new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: Beauty and the Beast, Elementary, Last Resort.

Also be sure to vote in our polls for MONDAY, TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY.

Comments (127)

• The Big bang theory & last resort

Comment by Nick – June 14, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup. Big Bang.

AND NOT GREY’S ANATOMY AFTER THAT SH*T THEY PULLED WITH KILLING MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. NO.

Comment by heather – June 14, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lexie :( I don’t think I can handle watching any longer. My heart has just been pulled out.

So I’ll be watching Parks & Recreation, thank you very much. A show that won’t lead me on into thinking that one of my favorite couples will probably reunite about 3 seasons later and then just rip my heart shattered by killing half of them.

Comment by =reese – June 14, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She was leaving the show either way. I think killing her off was the best way possible. There is no way Lexie could just move away, what with everything going on with Mark and oh yeah? She’s still a resident learning! I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure you can’t just pick up and move to a different residency whenever you feel like it. Killing her off seemed like the best option, it was the best option. The shows will still be great without her (don’t get me wrong, I really liked Lexie!) and I’m actually excited for Mark to actually have something worth acting for and to see what he goes through once the new season starts.

Comment by Kelsey Boeckermann – June 14, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Bull do you not know what PR is? She got fired

Comment by ally – June 14, 2012 03:02 PM PDT
          • You can transfer as a resident, they had Izzie do it in S6. I believe a few of the other main characters have also brought it up.

Comment by Samantha – June 15, 2012 06:02 AM PDT
          • she didn’t get fired. she chose not to renew her contract.

Comment by Jeremy – June 15, 2012 11:32 AM PDT
          • Her contract was in tact until S10, it wasn’t even up for renewal. They kept mentioning that who came back was dependent on negotiations, which is why people are so suspicious. Chyler waiting two weeks to release a generic PR didn’t help. According to Shonda, the departure was a mutual decision.

Comment by Sarah – June 15, 2012 12:51 PM PDT
          • Totally agree!

Comment by @Swbpz – September 3, 2012 11:49 AM PDT
      • the actress was leaving the show either way.

Comment by chris – June 14, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s not that they “fired” her, which they didn’t, it’s that she’s gone. Lexie was my biggest reason to watch so why would i want to watch the show continuing without her and Mark probably moving on and finding happiness with someone else? It’s not how she left, it’s that she did and besides, I like Glee a lot more anyway so I probably would have just DVRd it regardless.

Comment by dude – June 14, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Still going on about that? Lexie would have been gone regardless of how Shonda did it. Grey’s will still be great while the originals are there. Once Meredith, Alex, Cristina, Bailey and Derek leave is when i will leave.

Comment by greysfan – June 14, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly, you’d think they killed off a likable character, just glad that the originals signed new contracts.

Comment by sam – June 14, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was fine with her being gone, but Shonda didn’t have to kill her. She could have taken a job elsewhere or moved or something. Too much death. Also, really terrible for Meredith – how much trauma can happen to one person? Ridic.

Comment by LaurenMC – June 14, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If I were the writer I would have killed her off to, not because I hate Lexie but because she’s too much of an important character to just have her move somewhere else( you do that for characters like Teddy), especially given that the Mark storyline would just be directly implicated at least now if she can’t be with Mark it’s because she’s dead.

Comment by Edward – June 14, 2012 10:24 AM PDT
          • She chose her death she sat down with shonda and they came up with it together she thought it was cool

Comment by Brandi – June 15, 2012 04:07 PM PDT
        • I find it really funny that you’re telling us to chill out when you basically just reiterated the sentiment. The originals are YOUR reason to watch, which is why you’d leave if they left. Lexie was OUR reason to watch. She was our “originals” and her absence leaves the same whole in the show the originals would have to you. So if you feel the same way, how can you not understand why we’d stop watching?

Comment by popculturewithkyle – June 14, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m surprised people care THIS much about Lexie. She was always a secondary character, almost an afterthought. She never really got a main story line, medical or otherwise. She always played second fiddle to the “originals”. Hell, she even played second to characters that weren’t originals. Then the tiny story line she did get seemed forced. Like, “Oh, well we should probably write something for Lexie now.”

Don’t get me wrong, I did like Lexie, but this all mainly a writing problem. The writers had plenty of chances to give Lexie a storyline with substance. I felt like we were cheated of actually seeing Lexie and Meredith get close or become sisters, not being told “Oh yeah, Meredith loves her now.” Instead, the writers (Shonda) decided to give us a musical or a crazy soap opera story.

They clearly don’t know how to write stable relationship story lines with a touch of drama, so killing off Lexie next to Mark is probably the closest they could’ve gotten to an actual story ending (morbid romance). They gave you a short ‘this is what would’ve happened “happily ever after”. Though, I sincerely doubt we would’ve actually gotten to see the “happily ever after” scene Mark painted for Lexie. They most likely would’ve been off and on until the end of the show. Because of the writing, Mark and Lexie ended up not being a believable couple (in my opinion). The writers (Shonda) did everything they could to try to make them into ‘Meredith and Derek” take two, but this time with more “soapy-ness”. They were a second-fiddle couple (not just to MerDer) with no true story line.

If Chyler wanted to leave to spend time with her family, I respect her decision. Also, she made a good choice in the sense that she wasn’t getting good substantial material to work with, and the material she was given, definitely wasn’t worth missing her family over.

Didn’t mean to write this long. My point is it is very cool and surprising to see that Lexie has such passionate fans.

Comment by surprising – June 14, 2012 12:02 PM PDT
        • LOL, what story is there left to tell with the originals? Meredith will mope around before using Lexie’s death as an excuse to make tasteless jokes and justify unethical behavior, just like she does with her mother. Derek will play with Zola and have two minute intimate scenes with Meredith, with the occasional “inoperable” tumor he will magically treat. Alex will continue to alternate between being an ass and nice guy, never developing in the least. Cristina will discover that surgery always comes first for her, just like she has every single season. Bailey will make preachy monologues and drop a few one-liners. Richard will pretend to love his wife while cheating on her physically and/or emotionally. What do you know? There’s S9.

Comment by Sarah – June 15, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hahahahahaha that’s so impressive/true.

Comment by Noah Brennan – June 18, 2012 02:41 PM PDT
      • Totally agreed. Count me out without Lexie, all the other characters have become one-note caricatures of themselves.

Comment by Samantha – June 14, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My two favourite shows going up against each other, ‘Glee’ & ‘Parks & Recreation’. Going to stick with ‘The X Factor’ and give ‘Elementary’ a try but I’ve about given up on ‘The Vampire Diaries’.

Comment by Jack S – June 14, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person of Interest is the best show ! Great cast and storylines!

Comment by HOPE – June 14, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree persons of interst is great!!!!!!!

Comment by Sherry – June 14, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a disaster of a night, two good shows at 9, the rest is a vast wasteland of crap

Comment by tvaddict – June 14, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thursday became much less interesting with Community and The Mentalist moving

Comment by Morgan – June 14, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They all suck, so reruns or Netflix!

Comment by Pam – June 14, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED!!! I’ll be watching The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men (slight chance, and ONLY because it’s between The Big Bang Theory and Person of Interest) and Person of Interest. CBS used to have me locked in 8PM-11PM, but with the idiotic moving of The Mentalist to Sunday night preemption HELL, I WON”T be watching CBS Thursdays from 10PM-11PM. I may drop them from 8:30PM-9:00PM as well. Great job RUINING your Thursday night lineup, CBS. :-P IDIOTS!!! I’d have been interested in watching CBS at 10PM if they’d picked up The Finder from the cancellation nitwits at FOX.

Comment by Mac – June 14, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Stacey – June 14, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will indeed be weird having to get used to “Community” not being on Thursdays, yeah. I’ll probably watch “Glee”, see how the changes turn out for the show and see if I’ll stick around for that.
      Otherwise, I think I’m going to try and catch up with “Parks & Rec” this summer, and if I find myself really liking it, which seems likely, I’ll start watching that on Thursdays.

Comment by Angela – June 14, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVRs are great. “30 Rock” & “The Big Bang Theory” are great comedies and not to be missed. Then “Glee” & “Gray’s Anatomy” (LEXIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!), and to finish the night “Elementary” and “Scandal.” I’ll try a couple of episodes of the new version of “Beauty & The Beast” and see if it’s any good.

Comment by Alex Agostini – June 14, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching The Vampire Diaries & Glee live. Really looking forward to watching Beauty & The Beast. Sucks that its on at the same time as Glee. Also looking forward to watching Elementary.

Comment by Sheila Rajaram (@sheilarajaram) – June 14, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Recreation
    Person of Interest
    It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    The League

Comment by Balaji K – June 14, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thursday is going to be very busy in my household. BBT, Greys, Glee, Beauty and the Beast(I’ll try it), The Office, Parks and Rec. I am going to have to get a second DVR just for this night.

Comment by Jessica – June 14, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch so many shows that I have two DVRs to make sure that I get them all. That being said, I never, ever watch anything live.

Comment by hazel – June 14, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh. Only The Vampire Diaries here.

Comment by Miles – June 14, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Normally I would say that TVD got bumped to DVR status for me but there is really nothing else on at 8 is there? Maybe I’ll catch BBT but that’s not exactly must see tv. Hopefully TVD is better this year.

Comment by Ava – June 14, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god for DVR! I recorded TVD and watch it later. I’ll record Beauty and the Beast to try it. The only thing I still care to watch live on Thursdays is The Office. Parks & Rec, BBT, and Up all Night will also be on the agenda.

Why is Glee moving to Thursdays? Not that I care, I don’t watch it, but really Fox? Tisk Tisk.

Comment by Cynthia – June 14, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCANDAL!!!!!

Comment by Kristin – June 14, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang
    21/2 Men
    Parks and Rec
    Scandal

Comment by xwiseguyx – June 14, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GLEE and The Vampire Diares

Comment by danielle – June 14, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal ALL THE WAY!!!

Comment by Oriyomi Atuluku – June 14, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God for DVRs. I hate these what do you watch “Live” votes because hardly anyone watches live anymore. I watch everything off DVR since you can watch more shows in much less time! I can tape 2 and watch one taped already. Win win.

Comment by kate – June 14, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And it is lovely that so many of us watch on DVR; I’d have it no other way. But the point of these polls is to forecast priorities, seeing as live/”live”-ish viewership — that which isn’t being put off more than a few days, commercials FF’d — is all advertisers care about and ultimately dictate a show’s viability.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 14, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy, and Scandal live. I’ll be DVring Glee, Up All Night, and maybe Elementary and Beauty and the Beast

Comment by reeceecup™ (@reeceecup) – June 14, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • absolutely same thoughts!

Comment by R – June 14, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is crazy. I have five shows this night. Live-The Vampire Diaries, Glee and Elementary. I’ll have to DVR -Last Resort and Beauty and the Beast.

Comment by Larry – June 14, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only watch TV for The Big Bang Theory, The Middle, and (for the first time) Burn Notice. Life is too short to spend hours in front of a screen escaping from reality :D. Why not get out of the house with the family and walk the surf, bicycle the neighborhood roads, or gather ’round the kitchen table for a fun activity? Maybe take in a LIVE baseball game at the local park? Free time is so rare these days, isn’t it? Have fun!

Comment by Gr8gravey – June 14, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re doing all of that from 8-10 at night? Usually the “fun activity” for anyone with kids or work early in the morning is homework, dinner, prepare for the next day and relax. No snarkiness intended but this is a website about television. Mostly people are here to talk about watching tv.

Comment by tp – June 14, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCANDAL!!!

Comment by gladiatorensue – June 14, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries, Beauty and the Beast, and Elementary.

Comment by Autumn – June 14, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Probably my easiest night. The Vampire Diaries, Last Resort, Greys, Beauty and the Beast, Scandal, Elementary. What I watch live and what I watch on DVR all depends on what I’m in the mood for.

Comment by Christina – June 14, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching NBC, DVRing Big Bang.

Comment by Tara Green (@Tarasoleil) – June 14, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: 30 Rock, Up All Night, The Office, Parks and Rec, Scandal
    DVR: The X-Factor, The Vampire Diaries, Glee, Grey’s Anatomy

Comment by PCT – June 14, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The NBC shows from 8:00-10:00 IF I don’t have DVR to catch up on, or take a nap before 10:00.

SCANDAL at 10:00.

Comment by Larissa – June 14, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everything I want to watch is on at 9 again…Glee will always get first priority from me, though, so Grey’s & The Office will have to wait. 30 Rock out of timeslot convenience, I guess (otherwise I wouldn’t bother looking it up later – see, live TV is good for something!), and then a big empty hour at 10.

Comment by RS – June 14, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LAST RESORT!!! I <3 Jessy Schram

Comment by Eli – June 14, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate that they pinned Elementary against Scandal. But I’m sticking with Scandal. Kerry Washington has earned that much.

Comment by slizabeth – June 14, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. Although I am excited to see Elementary, Scandal is just to juicy not to watch live.

Comment by tp – June 14, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I’m a sucker for all things Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and I was a fan of Eli Stone so I love that Johnny Lee Miller gets to use his real accent (though his American, I thought was spot on), but tp summed it up perfectly, Scandal has to be watched right away.

Comment by moobear – June 14, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Scandal live, DVR Elementary.

Comment by Russ – June 17, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: BBT and Grey’s
    DVR: Glee and Parks & Rec

Comment by Becks – June 14, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only night I watch all 4 networks lol

Comment by Becks – June 14, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B&B …let’s see if it is any good….other than that the line up does not interest me.

Comment by SVClois – June 14, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person of Interest & Elementary.

Comment by Tran – June 14, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice and BBT

Comment by Matt – June 14, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow,10 o’clock is really a dead zone for TV.I’ll watch VD and Greys but I refuse to watch Scandal since it kinda feels like the West wing and it’s another hook Shonda is putting in ABC.

Comment by Shaun – June 14, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re missing out on Scandal. It’s good. I never watched the West Wing so I can’t make comparisons.

Comment by tp – June 14, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a total rip off of the West Wing, with writing of a significantly lower quality. You’re not missing anything, unless you like rolling your eyes.

Comment by Samantha – June 14, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you. I tried watching Scandal and just couldn’t get into it. I’m not a big fan of the guy who plays the President (see I can’t even remember the actor’s name), and I wasn’t too carzy about Kerry Washington’s Olivia either.

Comment by elr – June 14, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tony Goldwyn plays the President on Scandal. Love him!

Comment by Debbue – June 15, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal

Comment by bridjet44 – June 14, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort looks awesome!

Comment by cindy – June 14, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TBBT and “Men”, like I used to when they were both on Mondays together. Though now TBBT will lead men, instead of vice versa.

Comment by robinepowell – June 14, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries and Glee.

Comment by Lois – June 14, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LAST RESORT – to quote Randy Jackson “Andre Braugher can recite the phone book!”

Comment by AuntTallulah – June 14, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad i don’t live in the US. lol. I would be watching 10 shows on Thursdays.

Big Bang Theory
    X Factor
    Grey’s Anatomy
    Glee
    Person of Interest
    Scandal
    Elementary
    Parks and Rec
    30 Rock
    Beauty and The Beast – if i like it

Comment by greysfan – June 14, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries
    Greys
    Person of Interest (record and watch later)

Comment by sarah – June 14, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries,then I’ll try Beauty &Beast but may not stick with B&B

Comment by Brandy – June 14, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear tv schedulers: my dvr can only record up to FOUR shows at a single time.

Comment by DH – June 14, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live watching is ABC all the way. Parks and Rec and Glee on Hulu Plus.

Comment by Ana – June 14, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thursday’s are gonna be an ABC night for me. I’ll give Last Resort a try But im definitely in for Grey’s and Scandal… sorry Glee :/

Comment by Roger – June 14, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty & the Beast and Elementary for me.

Comment by Jay – June 14, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch Last Resort live for a couple episodes and DVR Vampire Diaries and 30 Rock. If I like Last Resort, I’ll continue watching it. If it tanks, I’ll watch 30 Rock live.

Comment by Jon – June 14, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who watches live TV anymore? NO ONE. They need to revamp the ratings system!

Comment by Casey – June 14, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does 30 Rock and Big Bang have to be opposite one another? 2 and a half men sucks.
    I’ll be watching Grey’s Anatomy! Now if they would just kill off Mark to join annoying Lexie all would be great.

Comment by Watchout! – June 14, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s get it straight all you Grey’s haters, Chyler Leigh WANTED/ASKED to leave the show. That was not Ms. Rhimes choice. Everyone remember that!!!

Comment by Eric – June 14, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one is denying that – but we didn’t need to see her crushed by a jet engine. Shonda could have written her off another way. And maybe at the end of the series Chyler would have agreed to come back for an episode or two and end up with Mark :)

Comment by LaurenMC – June 14, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shonda is the writer genius, so crushing her with a plane was indeed her choice. If Chyler wanted out, there were a dozen better ways to write her out without killing her off. All the other residents were leaving anyways.

Comment by Samantha – June 14, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What other way could Lexie have been killed off? You keep saying there were a dozen other ways, but I have yet to hear you figure out a good one. She couldn’t have moved away, why would she? Her whole life was in Seattle, including Meredith, her sister, Derek, her mentor, Zola, her adorable niece, and Mark, the love of her life! Lexie was only a 5th year resident, so it would be highly unrealistic that she get called away for a job offer. Unfortunately, the only way to lose the character of Lexie was to kill her. I myself have a problem with the way she died. To me, her death was cold, rushed and not at all well done. Shonda could have at least let her have her moment with Meredith, her long lost sister. The entire finale felt like a bust, but I support the decision to end Lexie’s journey on Grey’s Anatomy. I just wish the journey one of the most likeable characters on the show could’ve been given a proper end.

Comment by redrobin – June 14, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Derek and Meredith were moving to Boston before the finale, so that isn’t a reason. She had been very isolated from the rest of the hospital, didn’t have any close friends, and was dealing with a very complicated relationship with Mark. She’s a young, single girl; she could have simply transferred to another hospital. It wouldn’t have to complicate her relationship with her sister, who was leaving anyways. They could have killed off that useless Bailey boyfriend Ben while having Mark and Lexie enter a long-distance relationship instead of the other way around. Maybe her other sister could have been having some sort of problem and they could have told a story there (not that Shonda ever gave Lexie/Chyler a viable storyline). We know she went to Harvard, they could have had a great former professor offer her a fantastic oppurtunity she could not turn down. Anything would have been better than crushing her with a plane and killing her off after three years of build-up.

In complete agreement with you that it was rushed and poorly executed, but here are some more creative alternatives to killing her off. Sadly, Shonda cannot think outside the box.

Comment by Samantha – June 15, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post