Love in the Wild Photo Recap: Cake Wasted! Alcohol Spilled! The Olympic Logo Besmirched!

Love in the Wild, the guiltiest pleasure (or is it pleasure-iest guilt) of my summer viewing lineup, bid farewell to its two most toxic contestants Tuesday night, while introducing a half-dozen new potential skanks to help stir up trouble among the six remaining couples.

But let’s be honest: Enjoying this show has little to do with who was the first to successfully capture a guinea fowl and race to the Overt Sarcasm of Jenny McCarthy, or who “won,” who “lost,” and who ended up in the dreaded “Unmatched Area.”

All you really need to know about Episode 2 is this: At the couples ceremony, Summer chose to change partners to Ryan after “The Timster” smashed cake in her hair; Ryan agreed to the switch simply to get away from emotionally needy harpie Shauna; and the episode ended with the introduction of six smugly grinning females — meaning next week the competing duos will turn into awkward trios.

Beyond that, the pertinent details are all captured in the timeless form of the screen grab. So click through the gallery below, then hit the comments and share your thoughts on Episode 2, and which “couples” you’re rooting for in the competition/in life.

1. Ann VerWiebe says:

This show is awful. Of course, I keep watching…

2. Christina says:

I love the pictorial recaps!

3. Rollin'Stoned says:

That screen grab pretty much sums Shauna up.

4. Denise says:

I can’t help it, I love this show. I love that it forces people to be in it for the right reasons, they can’t team up with someone they hate just to win – if they do, they’ll have to take a month long trip with them as their prize! It took many of the best pieces of Survivor, Paradise Hotel and Amazing Race and pieced together a show that’s amusing, somewhat sweet, and had a better romantic track record than Bachelor!

I’m rooting for Ben/Jenny and Yanina/Ken, although Ali and Chase are winning me over. Any girl who doesn’t hold a grudge after a guy she’s know for 24 hours throws her off a cliff is one to root for!

• Justin says:

Well said, Denise. I couldn’t agree more.

• anonanon says:

The thing is this show, for all the talk about how ridiculous, well, certainly how they ran it last season at the least, actually likely is the one of all the dating shows that actually MIGHT work.

All those stupid Bachelor/ette shows have one person with like 30 at once but only in little bits of time together, much of which when it does happen is on over the top dates where the stuff they do can all too easily make even a harpy or a jerk seem palatable or wow in the moment.

LITW gives more time together, i mean they spend hours each day together each week during off time I bet, on the other shows it seems they spend a few hours together here and there, often under paradise conditions, and it, LITW, puts people together in often annoying and difficult conditions so it brings out much more readily how people might actually work together and there isn’t much chance to be wowed by how amazing the date events are and have that make the person seem like they are part of some ridiculous fairy tale. You get to see if people turn into harpies or jerks when times are not good or if they are ready to quit on you or run to the next hunk/babe the first time things get a touch rough.

I wasn’t shocked to hear that, to this day, the top two finishing couple pairs of last season are still together, from what I’ve read a little about the other shows it sounds like almost none of them last more than a few weeks or few months at the most afterwards, which really isn’t all that much of a shock, going by the little of I’ve seen of those shows. They are totally ridiculous. Totally unnatural scenario to be supposedly seriously dating 30 people at once and even 3 or 4 supposedly to love of their life level at the end still and the dates are all crazy over the top events it looks like. Ridiculous.

5. married male stuck watching says:

I couldn’t stand Shauna. Definitely glad she’s gone. I think its good they’re bringing more women on here to spice it up… The couples wouldn’t have changed entire season and would be a snooze fest. Tara and Ali are smokin and the rest of the girls are blah.

6. GoT Snow says:

I really like Jenny and Ben. He doesn’t seem to like her romantically, but maybe I’m wrong. At least he was stand up enough not to abandon her after all they’d been through. She was a beast at the snake pit, the cliff dive, and seemed a really good sport about the lean-to compared with ‘never-been-camping’ Southern girl (so weird btw!) Ali. Perhaps when Ali dumps nice-guy Chase for someone else, he and Jenny will get a chance to know each other better. I’m still going to root for her and Ben though, preferably together.