Dexter Scoop: Chuck Grad Yvonne Strahovski Joins Cast as [Spoiler]

Get More: Casting News

Dexter Season 7 SpoilersTalk about killer casting: Chuck MVP Yvonne Strahovski is joining Dexters upcoming seventh season for a multi-episode arc.

She will play the role of Hannah McKay, a strong, independent woman with a past that she’s struggled to put behind her. As a turn of events leads Miami Metro Homicide to ask for her help in solving some old cases, Dexter works with her and begins to wonder if there’s more to this woman than she’s professed.

Previously announced recurring players for Season 7 (premiering Sept. 30 at 9/8c) include Jason GedrickRome‘s Ray Stevenson, and Swedish-born actress Katia Winter.

Strahovski recently completed work on two films, the Seth Rogen comedy Guilt Trip and the thriller I, Frankenstein opposite Aaron Eckhart.

Comments (65)

• YAHOO! Very excited for this.

Comment by rachelleet – June 12, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is a whole lot of woman.She can light up the sky on a cloudy day without the sun.Amen.

Comment by Edgar Widlund – June 12, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pray for nudity.

Comment by skilman – June 12, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My thoughts exactly!!!

Comment by Duke Silver – June 12, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Can you two sexists not think about women without immediately thinking of them naked?

Comment by Jason – June 12, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Simply thinking about a woman naked makes them sexists now? lmao

Comment by Alex – June 12, 2012 03:36 PM PDT
          • Hearing that a woman is going to be on a show, and immediately going to ‘I hope she’s naked’ makes them sexists.

Comment by Jason – June 12, 2012 03:51 PM PDT
          • Sorry Jason, you need to educate yourself on what Sexist really means. If they had said she is only good because she is hot otherwise she’s a worthless actress then they can be sexist. To hope she’s naked because she’s smoking hot makes them warm blooded males. Get over yourself.

Comment by really? – June 13, 2012 03:48 AM PDT
          • Chauvinists, definitely. I’m not going to get into the whole “equating a woman’s sex appeal with her value” debate, but if someone values another person primarily for their sex appeal, then that’s the same as placing no value on them at all.

Comment by Haley – June 13, 2012 05:39 AM PDT
          • No sir, I cannot.

Comment by Duke Silver – June 13, 2012 08:37 AM PDT
          • @really? – Perhaps a more appropriate word for it would have been misogyny, but I think sexism is still accurate in this case. Your caveperson approach to how males act is ignorant, and part of the systemic sexism that riddles out society. I’m not particularly concerned with whether or not men want to see a beautiful person naked. If they do, fine. However, if you don’t see how coming onto a message board and feeling the need to state that desire (and only to state that desire) is misogynistic, perhaps you need to educate yourself a little better.

And as for the other comment you made a few down, you seem to be putting thoughts and ideas into the previous statements that aren’t there. corey didn’t say it wasn’t possible to admire an actress and think she is sexy. skilman and Duke offered up no comment on her acting skills. So your defense of them is perhaps defense of your own beliefs. Their only comments were over their desires to see her naked. They felt the need to only present the notion that they wanted to see her naked and nothing about her being a talented actress or their admiration of her.

Comment by Jason – June 13, 2012 04:51 PM PDT
          • Are you f*cking kidding me? This is Yvonne f*cking Strahotski, Who doesn’t fantasize about her being naked??

Comment by bob loblaw – July 7, 2012 07:06 AM PDT
          • get a f’%&cking life jason.

Comment by col – July 26, 2012 08:28 AM PDT
        • You people are disgusting. Yvonne is a brilliant actress and an incredible person, not just a body that you perverts can drool over.

Comment by coreymon77 – June 12, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sorry, you can admire an actress and lover her body with the same level of respect. If you don’t like it then get over it, but resorting to calling yourselves better because you don’t agree is really what makes you disgusting.

Comment by really? – June 13, 2012 03:47 AM PDT
          • For real, what’s up with men wanting Yvonne to be naked… they are such animals. Yvonne is more than beautiful, she’s a very talented actress, smart, and cool person.

Comment by Lori – July 12, 2012 09:57 AM PDT
    • Hopefully Ms Strahovski will win an Emmy for this one.

Comment by derricklau – June 12, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch dexter, but i’ll definitely be watching it while Yvonne is on it!!! We all miss you Sarah Walker <3

Comment by Viajando con Isabel – June 12, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto — we have Showtime but I could never get into Dexter. I will be tuning in for Yvonne, though!!! YES!!

Comment by sash fan – June 12, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Count me in that group as well! Glad to see Yvonne taking both movie and TV roles…can’t wait to see her back on screen! Yay Yvonne!!!

Comment by may – June 12, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree – I’ve never gotten into Dexter, but now I will definitely be watching. Hopefully Yvonne gets to use the amazing Australian accent.

Comment by Hank – June 12, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *Squeels sharply*
    Any casting news involving Sarah Mother F*cking Walker is good news

Comment by Patrick maloney – June 12, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Chuck

Comment by Bob – June 12, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. Now I REALLY can’t wait for next season.

Comment by CatLyons – June 12, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOLY HELL! This is awesome news!

Comment by Jon Straub (@thejonstraub) – June 12, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A reaction that Chuck fans will recognize, “Oh boy!” – for none Chuck (or Quantum Leap) fans, that means I am very excited about the news!

Comment by oldresorter – June 12, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh…I’m still waiting for that Quantum Leap movie! :-) lol

Comment by Mike – June 12, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Now I’m really excited for this season! This is like when I heard Chris Meloni was going to be on True Blood!

Comment by DL – June 12, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t imagine if Sarah Walker and Deb Morgan joins forces or turned it into a TV slaughterhouse.

Comment by Tran – June 12, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • poor deb COULD use a female friend… though who knows if they’ll even interact at all… can’t wait to see! excellent casting choice, if not for the hype it will now create.

Comment by cj – June 12, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Meh..I really hate Deb Morgan. At first I thought it was just the character but then I saw the actress in a that quarantine movie and all she does is scream and whine. It’s annoying.

Comment by really? – June 13, 2012 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually wouldn’t mind it if they turned her into another love interest for Dexter.

Comment by Dean – June 12, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Amazing Casting!

Comment by Jake – June 12, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh MAN I was finally ready to give up on this show after how terrible season 6 was … Now I’ll be forced to watch season 7 now matter how bad it is! I can only hope that Yvonne’s presence will make everything better. :-P

Comment by maryploppins – June 12, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Lord! This will be amazing.

Comment by Mac19 – June 12, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been excited for season 7 anyway, but this is beyond AWESOME!!!!

Comment by shel – June 12, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, my goodness! I don’t watch Dexter, but now I HAVE to watch it. GAH!!! And now Yvonne Strahovski can possible be recognized by the Emmys!!!!

Comment by Mike – June 12, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes,the goddess is on TV again!!*kneels at altar*

Comment by Shaun – June 12, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope her presence deflates any kind of icky brother sister romance.

Comment by TigerNightmare – June 12, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. Please. Pleeeaaaase.

Comment by Haley – June 13, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just made my entire day. So happy.

Comment by CJ – June 12, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching Dexter half way through last season, now I need to get caught up so that I can watch it again. This is AWESOME casting news. I would have never put her on the show, but I am so glad she will be on it.

Comment by MJ – June 12, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • MJ;
      Do yourself a favor and DON’T watch the rest of that season, well watch the finale, but that’s it! Better yet do a google search and read the reviews of each episode by a guy named Price Peterson, then you can commiserate over the downfall of the season with other like minded people (if you read the comment section that is). Seriously, it was like last season everyone was perma-drunk/stoned, because neither writers or actors noticed how dumb the characters had gotten or the giant holes in the story.
      Well, I’ve heard that there has been a shake up in behind the scene power brokers for the show, so I’m hoping that next season Dexter will be back on top of it’s game.

Comment by moobear – June 12, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually it has been that way for a few seasons. Dexter season 1 and 2 made you feel Dexter was smarter than everyone and didn’t make the dumb mistakes. The past few seasons make you feel like he’s no better than any other killer as the amount of DNA and Mistakes he makes is beyond ludicrous. Thank God his sister sucks as a detective.

Comment by really? – June 13, 2012 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess this means Dex is not in jail since he’s working for Miami Metro still, huh?

Comment by dane – June 12, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another obvious case of “We don’t have any good story left, so we need a lot of guest to hide this fact”.

Comment by bob – June 12, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, pretty sure that Dexter’s been having well known actors in guest roles for, like, ever.

Comment by Haley – June 13, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you an idiot? Season 6 will have the MOST interesting storyline out of all the seasons. Deb Knows (will she arrest him? will she cover for him? does she still love him? does she know that he is a serial killer? will she accept him? will she become an accomplice? will dexter kill her? will he lie to her?) Laguerta will re-open the BHB case, Louis and how much he knows about Dexter and what he wants from him/Louis relation to the Ice Truck Killer, etc…Im just saying storyline-wise Season 7 has potential compared to S5 & S6 but I doubt it will even come close to S1, S2, S4 or even S3 quality because the show has lost a lot of it’s good writers.

Comment by bob loblaw – July 7, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that think this sounds like a retread of Lumen? I’d rather have Lumen…

Comment by wooster182 – June 12, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show should have ended at the end of season 4. Anything after is crap.

Comment by Dude – June 12, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shut up, Dude…

Comment by ANNA – June 12, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i totaly agree with u i think they should finish off the show with a decent story line b4 it is cancelled.

Comment by col – July 26, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh thank god, a reason to be interested in this coming season.

Comment by Sarah El – June 12, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It´s so great that she will be back on tv. I have never seen a single episode of Dexter, though. Maybe I will marathon everything during the summer, but I will definitely be watching her arc.

Comment by awelle – June 12, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne really needs to get naked on this show.

Comment by Red – June 12, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • [Gag]. [Vomit]. This somehow manages to make the storyline of Deb’s attraction to Dexter less gross, and that was already pretty gross to begin with. I always watched Chuck, but Yvonne Stra–whatever her name is was always my least favorite thing about the show. I know I’m in the minority in thinking this. I don’t care. I am significantly less excited for the return of Dexter thanks to this craptastic news.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 12, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What in the hell is the matter with you, you douchbag. Yvonne Strahovski ( as you so nicely put it) was one of the best things bout that fantasic series. You would not know good acting or TV if it hit you in the face.

Comment by Captain Awesome – June 12, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry you feel that way. Here, have a piece of gum to get rid of that vomit breath.

Comment by Audrey – June 13, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter likes them blonde…

Consider the show is set in Miami, one would think at some point in his life he would at least consider other type beside blonde, or may be Dexter still working through his mummy issues.

Comment by Izzy – June 12, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • potential love interest for Dexter?! please?

Comment by Erika – June 12, 2012 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have loved to see her come on White Collar. She and Matt Bomer, (Chuck’s Bryce) have tons of chemistry. I think she is a good actress. I have never watched Dexter, but it doesn’t sound like something I would be interested in. Anyway, glad for Yvonne S. and I miss Chuck too!

Comment by Rosie – June 13, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • j aurais voulus savoir s il y avait une suite de chuk dans l episode , quand sarah walker et chuk , se sont marier , , c est quelques chose a faire decouvrir a des gens qui nous entourent , en esperant que la continuation de yvonne c est une femme geniale a la voire et revoire , ses amies aussi ,

Comment by remy michel – June 15, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She seems like a nice addition, but I’d also like Lumen to be back.

Comment by Bames Jond – June 18, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always funny to hear people decry men for wanting to see an attractive felmale without clothing. I have not heard women being called out for being sexist or mysoginistic for wanting to see David Beckham without clothing… funny how that works. I guess that these women’s standards are sooo high that they are double. She is a very attractive female and an excellent actress. May she appear inadequately clothed for the men and an equivalent attractive male do the same for the ladies out there.

Comment by Billy Bob – October 3, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post