The CW Sets Premiere Dates for L.A. Complex Season 2, Collegiate Top Model and More

The CW plans to keep summer simmering with five series/season premieres unspooling over the next few months.

With The Catalina and Breaking Pointe having just begin their runs, next on the network’s lineup is the return of Remodeled, on Monday, July 9 at 9/8c.

Season 2 of The L.A. Complex arrives the following week, on Tuesday, July 17 at 9 pm.

RELATED | CW Boss on Ringer‘s Demise, Supernatural End Date, Gossip Girl Episode Count and More!

We then jump to Aug. 15, at 8 pm, for the series debut of Oh Sit!, which is precarious to type, yes, and is described as a “high-octane” version of musical chairs. Something to do with extreme obstacle courses leading to each free seat, while a band plays live music. Jamie Kennedy (you’re like, “Of course it’s Jamie Kennedy!”) and MTV Live‘s Jessi Cruickshank will cohost.

The next night, on Thursday, Aug. 16 at 9 pm, you’ve got the singing competition series The Next: Fame Is At Your Doorstep — or TN:FIAYD, as the cool kids will be hashtagging it on the Facebook and what not. (Details on that can be found here.)

VIDEOS | Watch Sneak Peeks of Arrow, Beauty and the Beast and Other New CW Shows

Closing out The CW’s summer premieres is America’s Next Top Model: College Edition. Arriving Friday, Aug. 24 at 8 pm, the new wrinkle here is that viewers will have a say in who stays and goes, and in fact right now can visit CWTV.com to begin casting your knee-jerk ballots for the beautiful versus the simply Betty.

Which of the above are you most stoked for?

1. Amy says:

I’m confused….people actually watched LA complex?

• Elyse says:

no. it got horrible numbers, barely 500k viewers so i’m surprised they’re bothering to air season 2…

• lorna says:

melrose 2.0 did better yet didnt make it. ughhhhhhhhh.

• JC says:

The CW had to pay the entire production cost for Melrose Place 2.0 which was over $1 million per episode. They only have to pay a licensing fee to Bell Media to broadcast The LA Complex in the United States. And that fee is way less than $1 million. Cheap Canadian imports don’t need to get the same ratings as expensive American originals in order to survive on The CW.

• lorna says:

Ahh, thanks. Well then they should have axed 90210. God knows the couple min I’ve endured were painful.

• Tommy says:

Last nights episode, which was a third time repeat FYI was watched by 800,000 people. While that is not a good number in a lot of ways, it’s higher than a CW repeat and the licensing fee for the series is reported to be less than a quarter of the budget of an original scripted series.

• Amber says:

Yep. It’s actually a really good show. You should try to watch an episode.

• RLS says:

Yeah, I got sucked into LA Complex the last few episodes. It’s not bad at all, really. And the gay storyline is interesting.

• portiaslegacy says:

It got bad numbers, but it is a great show. Also it is technically produced by Much Music in Canada, so the CW has relatively little at stake in it.

2. Elle says:

“Which of the above are you most stoked for?”
    None.

3. Marc says:

They’re bringing back Remodelled and airing a show that’s essentially “extreme musical chairs?” I am looking forward to a few shows on the fall schedule (okay, so only one of them is a new series) but if anyone still wonders why nobody takes The CW seriously as a real network? This summer line-up is the only thing you need to show them.

• Maria Flor de Luna says:

Oh Sit is geared as a family-friendly competition show, which I don’t you is suited for you, unless you don’t watch TV with your family.

4. tvaddict says:

I am glad they are showing season 2 of LA Complex. Its a good summer guilty pleasure show

5. portiaslegacy says:

More of The LA Complex!

Bummed this show doesn’t have more buzz

6. George says:

Kind of interesting that the CW quietly bumped up ANTM to a “summer premiere”

• Mikael says:

I’m hoping they did this so Nikita can have a better lead-in when its 3rd season premieres in October.

7. DreamRose311 says:

Yeah, I recommend giving LA Complex a shot. I expected horribleness, and finally watched the first two… the writing is surprisingly good…

8. Diz says:

Glad to hear they will air LA Complex season 2. Some of the stuff they do on it is out there, but I love it!

9. sarah says:

So I guess there will not be a ANTM in the fall, which is good as they have more shows than slots for the fall! I still want to know when Cult will air….sometime 2013

10. We loved Season 1 of the LA Complex. Its Canadian so it is a little more out there but still a good show. And it gets Jewel Staite back on screen so thats a plus and the creepy guy (Roan from Nikita ) is a super sweet guy so thats a nice thing too

11. Olivia says:

ANTM…College Edition? Oh, great. So now Tyra is gong to spend weeks convincing girls that it is more important for them to learn how to pout and make “smyes” than educate themselves? And the show reaches a new low…

• noa says:

ha! i thought it was weird that they are actually going to look for girls who kinda had it together. that’s NOT the point of ANTM… def. new low.

• Maria Flor de Luna says:

It’s just a theme for the cycle, like the petite cycle. How is it a new low?

• Maria Flor de Luna says:

Actually, thanks to Tyra who introduced the concept of “smize”, I can finally take a picture for my passport “smizing” without actually smiling. You know how much airport security don’t like smiling people in passports.

12. jayce says:

I LOVE The LA Complex! So happy The CW has picked up season 2. If people gave it a chance, I bit they’d like it too.

13. guest says:

Happy Americans can watch the LA Complex but the unedited version is better.

14. Jared says:

The LA COMPLEX is actually a really great show…Im not sure why people aren’t watching it..the gay storyline with the rapper/producer is edgy and fresh…glad the CW gave this show a second chance to find an audience.

15. Christy says:

I love LA Complex. It’s like Degrassi if Degrassi moved to the states and started drinking irresponsibly.

16. EmmaY says:

i got sucked into LA Complex, its good once you get pass the pilot episode, i caught up online,

17. mia says:

Ringer got cancelled to pay for crap like this???!!???!!!!???!!!!

18. Jan says:

WHOEVER DOESNT WATCH LA COMPLEX IS LAME!!! The characters are genious the storylines are interesting and it definatly surprised me by the end of each episode. And i want MORE MORE MORE. and i dont care if you dont like characters thay are gay. This one will intrigue you. Just give it a chance.

19. Ruby Melody says:

I find the L.A. Complex to be really good, Canadian TV shows are great and I’m glad they’re getting more exposure in the American markets. I like the L.A. Complex because it’s a new take on how you see the entertainers on our screens. I also think it’s very impressive how they made Toronto look like LA so well.

20. Sean says:

I hate the new cast of ANTM… Tyra & her producers need to re-think (again) how to bring life back to the show… this college ed is so bad I had to take it of my record sched! I just can';t stand to listen to the judges!