Ratings: Relocated Rizzoli Gives TNT a Big Tuesday Boost, Teen Wolf Has Bite

Rizzoli & Isles copped very good numbers for TNT in its Season 3 premiere on Tuesday, opening the night with 5.6 million total viewers, and 1.54 of ‘em falling into the coveted 18-49 demo range.

While that’s down 12 percent in total audience from R&I‘s sophomore opener — which led out of the TNT hit The Closer, on a Monday — it marks increases of 86 and 64 percent from what Memphis Beat did in the Tuesday leadoff spot last summer.

PREVIEW | Can a Life-Threatening Crisis Bring Rizzoli & Isles Back Together?

Similarly, Franklin & Bash — with 3.1 million total viewers/1.1 mil in the 18-49 demo — registered gains of 19 and 13 percent versus HawthoRNe‘s summer 2011 premiere, and improved on its (Wednesday) series opener by 10 percent in audience.

RELATED | NCIS‘ Michael Weatherly Lands Juicy Role on TNT’s Closer Spinoff

In other ratings notes:

•  NBC’s Love in the Wild returned to rather tame numbers on Tuesday night — 5 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating — down 27 percent in the demo from its year-ago debut and shedding 53 percent of its America’s Got Talent lead-in.

RELATED | Teen Wolf: 5 Scoopy ‘Bites’ About Season 2

•  In its regular Monday time-slot premiere, MTV’s Teen Wolf drew 1.7 million total viewers (up 17 percent year-over-year) and a 1.7 rating in its target 12-34 demo (up 31 percent).

1. Templar says:

Enjoyed R&I, but 10 minutes into F&B I realized it’s just a silly version of suits and switched channels. I really like Breckin Mayer, but the show falls flat for me.

• Nicotine says:

You should give Franklin & Bash another chance. It’s a really good show and it’s nothing like Suits.

• sam says:

i felt the same way after 10 minutes, and I really love Brekin mayer and to some extent gosselaar but it wasn’t enough to keep me going.

• cmunney says:

Shouldn’t it be that Suits is a more serious version of Franklin & Bash as the latter aired first? Regardless, these two shows couldn’t be further apart. They are trying to accomplish two entirely different things with their plot and direction and comparing the two is pointless and lazy. It’s like when people compare Psych and The Mentalist. Just because they share minor plot similarities, like the jobs of the lead characters, does not make them the same show.

• Seriously? The premieres were, like, two-three weeks apart. F&B is not a light version of Suits, and neither is Suits a more serious version of F&B. Both shows are typical trashy basic cable legal dramas. Nothing original about them,

(Suits is, however, a guilty pleasure of mine.)

• cmunney says:

I know. When people compare shows based off of minor similarities it irritates me and I went into jackass, know-it-all mode. While I stand by the rest of what I had to say I apologize for the first sentence.

• Skeff says:

I personally wouldn’t call Suits trashy or basic.

2. Lance says:

Disagree. F & B is hilarious. Great season premier!

3. Lovemyshows says:

Love both shows!

4. Kate says:

I love R&I, but I was confused by the end. In an earlier episode it was mentioned that Paddy doesn’t shoot women or children and only kills people who deserve it. I thought Maura was right when she said he never would have shot Jane because 1) it didn’t fit his code and 2) he has shown in past episodes that he knows Jane protects Maura. So either Paddy’s code is more flexible than was let on or he lied so Maura would forgive Jane. I’m hoping it is the second one. I’m really hoping they keep Paddy around!

5. Ed says:

Any word on Pretty Little Liars?? The premiere was great!

6. tp says:

Uhhhh Matt or someone can you delete my reply to the spammer please? So I don’t look crazy. lol.

7. Shaun says:

Love in the Wild changed alot.Jenny is not a host!!

8. tp says:

Get the hell outta here with this crap!