Love in the Wild Season 2 Premiere: A Photo Recap of Snake Pits, Pole-Shimmying & More!

NBC’s oddly addictive Love in the Wild kicked off its second season Tuesday night, and while I could give you a straightforward recap of the proceedings, that would erroneously assume that anyone in America “cares” about who “won,” who “lost,” and who ended up in the dreaded “Unmatched Area.”

All you really need to know about the Season 2 premiere is this: New host Jenny McCarthy was a bawdy, spontaneous upgrade from that dude who clumsily stumbled his way through the proceedings last year; the seven ladies were saddled with two men apiece for the bulk of the episode, then each had to narrow it down to a single partner at the end of the two-hour telecast; and there’s screen-grabbable goodness aplenty in this kooky adventure-dating series.

Click through the gallery below if you don’t believe me, then hit the comments and share your thoughts on the season premiere, and which “couples” you’re rooting for in the competition/in life.

1. Rollin'Stoned says:

My son walked in the room and asked “WTH are you watching?” I answered “The best cheese-covered waste of time this summer!” I LOVE Love In the Wild in all it’s glorious ridiculousness.

2. Christina says:

This show is so bad its good. Totally a perfect summer TV guilty pleasure.

• Alienate says:

True. I got hooked last season. Jenny is O.K. as the host. I liked last year’s Brit host just fine.
      I have a favorite couple as of now: Yanina and Ken.

3. Taylor says:

This could be a good show. It could be a cross between The Amazing Race (couples) and Survivor (outdoors). I thought last season was all right. It’s too bad they ruined it by focusing more on the “relationship” part of the show and not the “game” part of the show.

• Shaun says:

That’s kinda what the point of the show is…..otherwise it’s the Bachelor.

• anonanon says:

Yeah it seems they are shortening up the contests and such and adding to many wrinkles, it was fine as is last season, i guess they are trying to make it even more tilted towards women viewers, it might not help ratings and could backfire perhaps.

As kooky as last season was, when you think about it, it was the only dating show that actually makes sense and has any realistic chance to work.

You get to spend a lot of time with your partner, you are not with like 30 people at once, you are not pretending to be “the one” level in love with 5 people at once, you are seeing people under nasty, stressful conditions that will bring out the worst in harpies and jerks or couples that are not compatible unlike the other shows where they appear to get between 10 minutes to a few hours each week together at best and they have one person with too many people at once and they send them on such grand dates that even someone totally wrong for you might almost feel like a princess or prince charming just because the date is something so over the top, see how they do when their date involves a flat tire and pouring rain hah and then you’ll know….

4. c says:

jenny mcarthy is a downgrade from last seasons host. She was cheesy and awful. Loud obnoxious and annoying. I LOVED last season, and as long as she doesn’t get too much air time I will still enjoy this season, but wow. she has potential to ruin this show.

• Shaun says:

Yeah,the guy last year wasn’t bad.The casting this year kinda leaves me scratching my head,since I was rooting for Samantha and Mike from the beginning last season.Nobody worth cheering for yet except for maybe British and Redhead.

• Donna says:

Complete agreement. How anyone thinks she’s an upgrade, I have no idea. The host thing only works when they take the proceedings seriously (someone has to) not turn it into a stand up comedy routine. The show provides its own cheese just by existing. Please bring back the former host. At least she has minimal screen time…

5. Tiffany says:

Samantha and Mike forever!!!!!

6. kathy Feng says:

I like the show so much, I think Cina and Jason will go all the way to end

7. kathy Feng says:

I want to see what happen to cina when she was drooped to a snaked pit.
    that must be very interested to see.

8. Bonnie oliver says:

Why no African-American women?

Jenny McCarthy is not funny. A little too over the top.

• Kat says:

I’ll bet Jenny is thinking she’s looking really good…and her constant preening is laughable. I like the show, but please bring back last year’s host. Don’t need a host in competition with the competitors for airtime. Ben and Michelle…Good strategy! :)