TVLine Items: Young Hollywood Award Nominees, CSI Vet's New Deal, Lost Girl Renewed and More!

The 14th annual Young Hollywood Awards are being held Thursday, June 14 in Los Angeles, and several TV faves are set to receive top honors.

Here’s a breakdown of the just-announced 2012 award recipients:

• Bing Philanthropy Award: One Tree Hill‘s Sophia Bush
• Breakthrough Performance of the Year (Female): Parks and Recreation‘s Aubrey Plaza
• Cross-Over of the Year: iCarly‘s Miranda Cosgrove
• Scene Stealer (Female): Mad Men‘s Kiernan Shipka
• Scene Stealers (Male): Modern Family‘s Rico Rodriguez and Nolan Gould
• Style Icon:  Once Upon a Time‘s Ginnifer Goodwin
• Veteran of the Year: Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23‘s James Van Der Beek

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

CSI vet Eric Szmanda has inked a deal to return for the CBS procedural’s 13th season, per The Hollywood Reporter. Jorja Fox and George Eads previously re-upped with the studio to stay with CSI through its upcoming season.

• Syfy has picked up a third season of Lost Girl, slated to air in January 2013. The Canadian series had been renewed north of the border a few months ago.

• Willa Ford (Magic City) will guest-star in an August episode of TNT’s Leverage, The Hollywood Reporter reports, playing a woman who catches the eye of Christian Kane’s Eliot.

• The Walt Disney Company is putting in place new standards for all food and beverages advertised, sponsored or promoted on Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Radio Disney and Disney-owned online destinations, requiring the products to meet federally standardized nutrition guidelines.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Awards, Casting News, Contract Talks, News, TVLine Items

1. Beth says:

Really happy to hear that Lost Girl was renewed! It’s one of my favorite new shows. Don’t care much for Lauren, but I’m hoping she grows on me. Love Kenzie and Trick!! :)

2. Maggie says:

yay! happy to see that Elliott will be getting some love on Leverage!! The time that happened, he sang!! since the guest star is willa ford, maybe he’ll sing again! a girl can dream…

3. yahoo sophia bush is the best of the best congrats!!!!!!!!!!! one tree hill <3 and to top it off dawson himself james van der beek from the creek congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you guys

4. tvdiva says:

Love that Lost Girl is renewed. I had to buy the DVD set for the first season from Canada but it was worth the postage. I will be so happy when they release season 2 on DVD.

5. alexjones says:

the lost girl renewed title was misleading, the series was renewed ages ago, it’s just simply that syfy have decided to air it.

• lauren says:

I believe this is a U.S.-based web site, so for the peeps who watch Lost Girl here in America, this is actually “renewal” news. Canada is not the world.

• Webstercuno says:

Somebody got a visit from the red lady yesterday?

• KJ says:

Somebody that doesn’t own something can’t renew it. Syfy does not own the show.

It might be splitting hairs, but there is a distinction.

• SAM says:

Well, if you want to split hairs, then you may want to consider this: while I am not privy to the contract between SyFy and the Canadian production company, I do review contracts on a daily basis and can speculate with some degree of comfort that the two companies entered into a one-season license agreement with the option to RENEW at the end of the term of the agreement so TVLine’s use of the word “renew” is not inaccurate.

• mia says:

Lol Canada not the world eh? That’s RICH coming from an American. We know we’re not the world, your country however seems to be in continued ignorance on that issue in regards to yourself.
        And just because its an American site, doesn’t excuse it from accurate reporting…unless its Fox news of course.

• Olivia says:

I live in Australia. And even I know that Lost Girl was renewed months ago.

• Mimi says:

WOW!!!!!!! how neighborly of all of you………And you wonder why no one can get along. Quit country bashing. No one person or country is better than the other. And as for Lost girl……i’m happy i get to watch one of my favorite shows for a third season.

6. Mcat says:

I don’t know why Eric Szmanda even bothers. Greg was barely visible this past season.

7. Tee says:

I’m glad Syfy is keeping Lost Girl around! When they announced they were moving the night it aired on, I got a little nervous.

8. Susy says:

I’m glad Lost Girl was renewed- it’s a great show! Kenzi is hilarious and I hope Bo and Dyson get back together soon. I sure miss their «healing» sessions!

9. Velvet says: