Exclusive

Gilmore Girls Creator on Alexis Bledel's Risqué Mad Men Stint: 'They Were Good Boobs!'

Alexis Bledel Mad MenCount Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino among those taken aback by Alexis Bledel‘s sexually-charged turn as an adulterous suburban housewife on this season’s Mad Men. Particularly eyebrow-raising was the fantasy sequence in which Bledel’s character surprised Vincent Kartheiser’s Pete at work wearing nothing but a fur coat and a string of pearls.

The takeaway: Rory Gilmore grew up when we weren’t looking!

“I bet a lot of [Gilmore fans] were traumatized,” cracks Palladino of now-30-year-old Bledel’s mini-striptease. “You have to admit – they were good boobs. And they were real. And very nicely shaped. If I had t–s like that I would walk around with no shirt on, I’m going to be very honest. So I would say to Alexis, ‘Never put your shirt on again.'”

RELATED | Mad Men Kills Off [Spoiler]

All joking aside, Palladino — whose new ABC Family dramedy Bunheads bows June 11 — applauds Bledel for taking a creative risk. “I think she’s gone into brave territory for herself, because that’s not a zone that Alexis is comfortable with,” she admits. “She just put herself right out there, and God love her.”

1. TV Gord says:

TAKEN ABACK??? Au contraire, that scene had me scooching up closer to the screen! ;-)

2. And yet, all I can think is “Lorelei Gilmore! What do you think you’re doing!”. Probably the reason she took the risk in the first place.

3. andrea says:

I have no problem with the fact that Rory has boobs… they really were good boobs.

4. Annie says:

Okay? Are there any other showrunners that would comment on their former employees current work? And yes, I know I clicked on it and took the time to comment

5. maryploppins says:

“If I had t–s like that I would walk around with no shirt on, I’m going to be very honest.” HAHA!! I don’t watch Mad Men so I didn’t see this episode, but I was a big GG fan. This comment from Amy Sherman-Palladino just made me have to stifle a laugh in my cube at work.

6. Ileana M says:

So proud of her! I love her… Which is why she would make a great Anastacia Steele, lol! Yep, I just went there.

• Danielle says:

Ugh. I’d lose all respect for her as an actress if she did Miss Steele. Just let Kristen Stewart do it, she’s done Bella for four films already. She can handle doing the exact same spineless, embarrassing female role one more time.

• lara says:

I can actually really see her and Ian Somerhalder working together. And, yes he has already gotten the part in my mind.

7. Kasper says:

Mmm, Rory’s boobs. It was a great moment I wish would have continued just a bit longer, bow chica wow wow!

8. Natalie says:

I admit I *was* slightly traumatized but also a little jealous because if I had t’s like that I would walk around naked…yes I sure would!

9. Di says:

Yes to traumatized….all I could think was that i was staring at my sister

10. Lily says:

Really? Lauren Graham is practically teaching a masters class in acting with her brilliant performances on Parenthood and people choose to ask ASP about Alexis Bledel’s breasts instead? Sick, sad world.

• monica says:

how on earth do you find lauren graham’s acting on parenthood to be brillant?? she literally has the same face on EVERY episode…

• Anne says:

Ugh agree. She’s nearly unwatchable.

• Caryn says:

Anne and Monica. I really have to jump in to say that your lack of taste is jumping off the page at me. YES. Lauren is definitely wonderful in Parenthood. How ridiculous to even read these comments. She is an extremely talented actress and I have to say your comments are way out of line. I undersand people have different opinions, but there is no way she is “unwatchable” and I have to laugh at the same face comment. Whose face should she have? *rolling my eyes* You might have meant something else, but you were not eloquent enough to communicate that.

11. Nikolas says:

Now we now why Dean, Jess AND and Logan couldn’t get enough of her!

12. lenzl says:

If Alexis would be Ana Steele, Xtian Grey MUST be *Henry Cavill* & no once else.

13. runey says:

Probably its only now that Alexis Bledel finally believes in the cliche that …”if you have it ; just flaunt it “- and she flaunt it really welll as deserved.

14. orville says:

Alexis also got a great azz / bum!!!

• lisa says:

right? even on Gilmore Girls, every time she wore a pair of jeans I felt slightly ashamed of my own behind…

15. joone says:

Amy Sherman-Palladino would always have a soft spot for Alexis Bledel as she’s the one who discovered her &/or gave her a break-out role on TV via the unforgetable Gilmore Girls.

16. krisix says:

I wonder what would her mom, Lorelai, Grandma Emily or even her Great Grand Ma Lorelai d’ 1st would say… LOL

17. perrinne says:

Well Alexis is supposed to be Bella Swan too from Twiilight … as much as others would say that she can be Anastacia Steele from 50 Shades Of Grey.

18. jake says:

im surprised that storyline never really went anywhere, was hoping campbell would get a good whooping

19. Cheryl Strauss says:

Just another sad commentary on today’s actresses willing to do “whatever it takes” to “get ahead.”

• Andy O. says:

Oh come off it. What is it about everybody going on about actresses doing “whatever it takes to get ahead.” Who cares. In media, sometimes a scene calls for some risque material in order to portray what the writers have in mind. If nobody did, the depiction of like scenes would be lacking.

20. muire says:

NAAAH! I don’t want her to that 50 Shades just in case it gets materialized for her. But she keeps on winning on most if not all on fan & media surveys… sigh!

21. jolenz says:

Methinks that Parenthood is not as great & successful as Gilmore Girls…

• Jenna says:

Methinks you’re not so smart – Parenthood is a fabulous show and full of heart. It’s picked up for season 4, so there’s no question of its success. People seemed to hate the last two seasons of GG anyhow. There is no reason in the world to make it a competition between the two shows, unless one lacks maturity. I love them both deeply for different reasons.

22. lourds says:

Rory Gilmore aka Alexis Bledel grew up to be a beautiful, desirable & HOT specimen.

23. junix says:

No doubt that Alexis is &/or can be hot & sexy as hell BUT ^slutty^ roles or images doesnt suit her.

24. boohoo says:

I am all for Alexis trying out different roles and I am pretty certain that she is still the Rory Gilmore at heart in true life. I wonder why they the Executive producers of Gilmore Girls didn’t push through with the GG movie (s). I have been waiting for 4 years for it to happen

25. Laurie Dillon says:

I am praying she is cast as Ana in 50 Shades of I can’t wait for that movie.