MTV’s Teen Wolf unleashes new episodes tonight at 11/10c (immediately following the MTV Movie Awards), and creator Jeff Davis told TVLine at this weekend’s ATX Festival in Austin, Texas that fans are in for an extra-sexy, extra-spooky Season 2.
“I really wanted to launch in a big way,” the EP shared. “I’m very aware of the sophomore slump, and I didn’t want to do that. I wanted to grab people by the throat and say, ‘Get ready, because this is going to be f–king awesome!’
Having seen the first two episodes of the season, we can confirm that Davis was successful in his throat-grabbing venture — but don’t just take our word for it. Here are five scoopy bits from the upcoming outing.
• Scott and Allison (played by Tyler Posey and Crystal Reed) have a rough road ahead. “One of the things that’s going to be very difficult for them is their diverging paths,” Davis shared. “Allison is being gradually swayed by her family, especially her newly introduced grandfather (played by Michael Hogan). What he starts to do is psychologically manipulate her into his way of thinking” — which is very anti-werewolf.
• Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) will finally get a partner-in-crime, so to speak, when he and Scott are forced to work together. “Scott at first doesn’t want to be part of Derek’s path… [but] they inevitably do have to team up [because] common enemies bring people together,” Davis revealed. Meanwhile, the always-intense Derek will finally lighten up a bit. Teased Davis, “He’s got a little swagger this season. You’ll see in Episode 3 that he’s a bit seductive and funny.”
• There are two “great villains” this season: One is Allison’s aforementioned grandad, and the other “you’ll meet by the end of the second episode,” David said.
• Stiles is “going to have a lot more drama to play this season,” the producer shared. “I told Dylan O’Brien that this season Stiles is going to ruin his father’s life, and it’s about him dealing with that.”
• And lastly, “There might be one or two deaths that are shocking,” promised Davis. “And yes, [they will be] people you care about.”
Can’t quite wait? Watch the first 10 minutes of Season 2 here and now: