Teen Wolf: 5 Scoopy 'Bites' About Season 2

Teen Wolf Season 2 SpoilersMTV’s Teen Wolf unleashes new episodes tonight at 11/10c (immediately following the MTV Movie Awards), and creator Jeff Davis told TVLine at this weekend’s ATX Festival in Austin, Texas that fans are in for an extra-sexy, extra-spooky Season 2.

“I really wanted to launch in a big way,” the EP shared. “I’m very aware of the sophomore slump, and I didn’t want to do that. I wanted to grab people by the throat and say, ‘Get ready, because this is going to be f–king awesome!’

RELATED | Hot for Summer: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Premiere and Finale Dates!

Having seen the first two episodes of the season, we can confirm that Davis was successful in his throat-grabbing venture — but don’t just take our word for it. Here are five scoopy bits from the upcoming outing.

• Scott and Allison (played by Tyler Posey and Crystal Reed) have a rough road ahead. “One of the things that’s going to be very difficult for them is their diverging paths,” Davis shared. “Allison is being gradually swayed by her family, especially her newly introduced grandfather (played by Michael Hogan). What he starts to do is psychologically manipulate her into his way of thinking” — which is very anti-werewolf.

• Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) will finally get a partner-in-crime, so to speak, when he and Scott are forced to work together. “Scott at first doesn’t want to be part of Derek’s path… [but] they inevitably do have to team up [because] common enemies bring people together,” Davis revealed. Meanwhile, the always-intense Derek will finally lighten up a bit. Teased Davis, “He’s got a little swagger this season. You’ll see in Episode 3 that he’s a bit seductive and funny.”

• There are two “great villains” this season: One is Allison’s aforementioned grandad, and the other “you’ll meet by the end of the second episode,” David said.

• Stiles is “going to have a lot more drama to play this season,” the producer shared. “I told Dylan O’Brien that this season Stiles is going to ruin his father’s life, and it’s about him dealing with that.”

• And lastly, “There might be one or two deaths that are shocking,” promised Davis. “And yes, [they will be] people you care about.”

Can’t quite wait? Watch the first 10 minutes of Season 2 here and now:

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Premieres, Summer TV Preview

1. Looking forward to it. Can’t believe how long it’s been!

2. I can’t wait for season 2 tonight at 11:00 p.m.

3. DL says:

I found this show to be surprisingly good in that scrumptious guilty pleasure sort of way. I’m really looking forward to season 2!

4. William says:

This show surprised me last year. Really liked it. Cant wait for both episodes today and tomorrow

5. Russ says:

I feel like Lydia is gonna be the shape shifter in the promo but can’t control it so she will end up dying this season.

6. astrid says:

I really hope that Lydia DOES NOT die and that her and Stiles might become a serious item-> that’s a back-ground story-line I’d ADORE!

7. JC says:

As long as they don’t kill off Stiles, I’m good. I’d really rather they not kill off his father either, but Stiles is the one I’m watching this show for.

8. lauren says:

i just started watching this show the other day, and wow was I surprised at how good it was! especially for mtv! i’m lucky i didn’t have to wait long for season two!

9. Shnshine says:

I want to know if lydia is the shape shifter i really think its her. Cant wait for 3 episode.

10. oracleoftruth says:

Straight Out The Gate A Hit! Not a teen; LUV Teen Wolf! Hate reality tv don’t watch it that’s how I got to see Teen Wolf channel surfing going to Family Channel Caught 1st episode LUV Luv luv DEREK he is a WEREWOLF version of CLINT EASTWOOD a silent, deadly, AVENGING ANGEL OF DEATH getting JUSTICE for his family creating a family to protect him & Scott but he is sooo HOT (pssst!) SCORTCHING HOT EYE CANDY I reaaly watched the show 1st couple times to see HRHTH (HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE HOTNESS!) & I was hooked by the suspense lack of too much gore but season 2; bloody! (Cutting bodies in half; casket scene chill a little guys, ok?) The make-up, plot, scenes FANTASTiC! Keep it coming! New characters! AWESOMEB LIZARD MAN/WOMAN …CRAZY! Who is it? Why is it? Where did it come from? CRAZY! Battle Lines Drawn! Team DerekDEREK by the way Scott isn’t the breakout star I realize he’s supposed to be but TYLER HOECHLIN is the show without him u have no Teen Wolf none of these guys great as they are & great as all the characters are & they are all exceptional, but Hoechlin captures the Mystery, Masterfulness, HE HAS EMBODIED THE ALPHA, he has made Teen Wolf come alive and is THE WEREWOLF!!!!

11. Dark Pen says:

The first season of Teen wolf was good, but if the opening this season is any indication, MTV has turned it into nothing but a bunch of in-show adverts for really crappy music. Every time some music played, they want you to click on something to buy it and the music SUCKED.
    The music, however, wasn’t the only thing that sucked. The quality of the shows plunged from what we saw last season. Basically, MTV turned a good show into some sort of crappy extra-long music video — and we know they gave up playing music a long time ago.

What a shame.

12. burrito11 says:

I will say I agree the over playing of the music is getting worse, but its a great show season 1 was done really well and the ending of season 1 was a good way to do a cliffhanger ending(reminded me of the show supernatural in terms of cliffhanger endings, before season 7 of that how of course) with that said I only worry like with supernatural they might forget the previous season and mythology of the series.I’m excited to find out the vetenarians backstory. As well as this new lizard like creature. The grandfather plot seems pretty basic but needed to further the series along. The love story is out front now but I’m hoping that’s not the main arc. And derek the character def has gotten more developed which is awesome. Jackson seems to be in the back now and lydia in sme ways. Gladly styles is still written really well and a great supporting character. I did hear a lot more people would be introduced this year which is worrisome, but isiac seem to be a good introduction. But my prediction is the lizard thing is either the teacher(talk about spiderman) lydia, or the camera kid(leaning towards the teacher though).

13. Jess says:

Really want Derek and Scott to work together team up/ cause *SPOILER* in the 3rd episode Derek and Scott were beating each other up. *END SPOILER* can’t wait for episode 4

14. theresa says:

If stiles dies I WILL stop watching, and so will almost everyone I know who watches.

15. tvline.com says:

please don’t make stiles or derrick die or u will loose alot of ratings expecially stiles keep him alive

16. Taytay says:

WHO’S GOING TO DIE!!!!! :( DON’T LET IT BE SCOTT OR STILES!!!!!