Suits Retains SVU's Diane Neal to Defend Harvey, While Erinn Hayes Is His [Spoiler]!

The time to Suits up is near, as evidenced by mounting guest star news.

For one, USA Network’s sophomore drama has enlisted Law & Order: SVU alum Diane Neal to fill the guest-starring role of Allison Holt, a cocky, straight-shooting legal eagle who is hired by Pearson Hardman to defend Harvey in a lawsuit against him — and in doing so gleans that her client may not be entirely innocent of a cover-up.

TheHollywoodReporter.com first reported on the casting of Neal, who appears in the coming season’s sixth episode.

RELATED | Hot for Summer: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Premiere and Finale Dates!

TVLine meanwhile has learned that Erinn Hayes, whose TV credits include Childrens Hospital, Parenthood and Worst Week, will guest-star in a Season 2 episode as “a woman from Harvey’s past.” No further details on her role were available.

VIDEO | First Look: USA Network’s Star-Studded Political Animals

Suits launches its new season on Thursday, June 14 at 10/9c, leading out of Burn Notice.

Comments (11)

• I love this show. SO. MUCH. I can’t wait for the premiere.

Comment by Fan – June 1, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show and can’t wait for the new season! Mike & Harvey are the greatest and I love it when Harvey gets the best of Louis!!

Comment by Cathy – June 1, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love seeing Diane Neal getting work

Comment by AW – June 1, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I luv luv luv this show! I can’t wait for S2 and to see what Jessica will do after she learns Mike’s secret.

Comment by Lorie – June 2, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like everyone else here, I love this show. I think the casting is excellent.

Comment by karenb – June 2, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love this show! Can’t wait for the new season to start!

Comment by BMS – June 2, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a horrible photo of her.

Comment by Keenan – June 2, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO EXCITED! One of my favorite shows right now.

Comment by CJ – June 2, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh, is this the episode that Eric Close (Travis Tanner) appears in too??

Comment by Michelle – June 2, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is the featured actor as Harvey’s temp secretary. He rearranges the files and has this huge floral arrangement put on Harvey’s desk? Where have I seen him before? Episode title is “All In” I think. July 26th. Send reply if you know. Credits too small to read on screen even on freeze frame. Thanks.

Comment by admiral – July 27, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post