Ratings: Touch Down in Finale (Minus Idol Lead-In), Duets Drops, Rookie Blue Steady

Fox’s Touch wrapped up its freshman run on Thursday night by averaging 4.65 million total viewers across its two-hour run, while scoring a 1.3 demo rating.

That marks a drop of 23 percent from the show’s previous outing, which of course benefited from having American Idol as a lead-in.

In its first hour, Touch was bested by CBS comedy repeats and ABC’s Duets; come 9 pm, it placed behind Duets and Person of Interest. Next stop for the Kiefer-fronted drama: Fridays at 8, starting this fall.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s On When? And Versus What?

Duets, in Week 2, also saw declines despite having So You Think You Can Dance out of the way this go-round. The singing competition slipped 12 percent to 5.9 million viewers and a 1.5 rating (which was good for the demo win during the 9 o’clock hour). Rookie Blue led out of that with 5.84 mil and a 1.4, flat versus premiere week.

RELATED | Hot for Summer: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Premiere and Finale Dates!

The CW’s Breaking Pointe premiered to 963,000 viewers and a 0.3 demo rating.

A Big Bang Theory rerun led Thursday in both measures, drawing 8.7 mil and a 2.3.

1. Emily says:

1.3/4.65? Ouch. The Friday move doesn’t seem to bode well for Touch.

• zoot says:

This show should have been cancelled. Only because it is Kiefer that they are keeping it on. Yet the show isn’t really that good. In every episode he NEVER can get a grip on his son! He knows the limits of his son and his son wanders and he is on the phone or looking the other way and then he frantically has to find the kid. He’s always out of breath from chasing around…his acting is so one note. I watched the entire season hoping to like it, but it just frustrated me. I’ll just watch Grimm on Fridays!

2. Mark says:

Why was it even renewed? Isn’t it an expensive show?

3. Claire says:

I really enjoy Touch. It always makes me feel good and happy, and even though it’s just a tv show, it reminds me of all the people we ‘touch’ every day…..Clearly I’m a sap, but I really am glad it got picked up for another season and I hope it gets more viewers!

• wrstlgirl says:

I totally agree. It’s got a nice feeling to it and I’ll admit getting teary eyed a couple of times. The problem with finale’s of shows that you know have been renewed is that unless your a complete die hard fan you know that finale will be shown again. I know quite a few ppl who recorded it to save for later or are just waiting to see it when it starts up again.

• Kate says:

I really enjoy it as well, but it’s a perfect example of networks screwing up promotion. It’s really rare for shows started mid season to succeed as it is but this was just a mess! The pilot aired and then it was a full month before it actually started and then bumping the finale weeks for AI. They make it hard to keep track of even for people with DVrs! It’s such a unique show. I really wish it got a larger audience.

• jenna says:

this may sound really corny but whenever I watch touch I feel like i’m watching something special. A story that seems to weave itself with each character and the fantastic theme song doesn’t hurt. I practically melted when jake held martin’s two fingers

• i know its chances for longetivity on a friday night are very small, since fruday is sort of a tv shows’ graveyard but i am eager to watch season 2

4. Jennifer says:

If you’re not watching Touch you REALLY ARE missing out! Thankfully Fox has renewed this show, with cancellations of Alcatraz, Terra Nova and now with House gone, I don’t have anything else left to watch on Fox but Touch. NBC gave up on viewers when they refused to promote Awake then cancelled due to low ratings so I am done with NBC, at least Fox is standing behind some of its shows. I do have to DVR most shows I watch but this is one show that will keep me in front of tv whatever night it’s on.

5. Petar says:

If Person Of Interest continue rerun so well will get NCIS syndication deal! If not set new record deal. 100% will beat H5O, TM and NCIS LA deals. USA VS TNT will be the fight for syndication with no one other strong hit drama out there this and past season.

Why CBS dont start TBBT-TAHM-POI reruns already? Must create habits in people.

6. Expat says:

Does anyone know if Breaking Pointe will be available on iTunes? I can’t find it currently.

7. Boiler says:

Aren’t these ratings for Touch worse than The Finder before its move to Friday??

8. Lola says:

Wow. Those NBC-level numbers for FOX. I’m not shocked, actually. I couldn’t figure out the motive for keeping Touch. It did terrible retention from American Idol and it was clear the only real reason it had numbers at all was because of its time slot. It wasn’t a show that could be launched in a new time. Weird decision, although it may have been kept as a pair for Fringe or b/c Fox wants to be in business with Kiefer, but still… bad call on this one, I think.

9. I hate Nielsen’s phony TV ratings. If the networks and advertisers were smart and interested in real figures, they’d use Rentrak.

10. Renee says:

And yet Terra Nova’s finale got 7.18/2.2 and was cancelled. I hate Fox.

11. Jack says:

I watched the first couple episodes of touch and then stopped because I didn’t like it. They moved alot of series around to make a opening for it. In my opinion its a waste of time to invest in it.

12. Ali says:

I had to watch the first episode of Touch twice to give it a chance and see if it would peek my interest. Well, that second time worked. After that, I have enjoyed every episode. I was so happy to see that it was renewed because the finale really was amazing. We’ll see how it bodes on Fridays. Two great shows on that night…Touch and Fringe.

13. Tran says:

The season finale of Touch really “touched” me. Can’t wait what’s going to happen in Season Two.

14. Shaun says:

Good for Rookie Blue….it’s hard getting viewers on regular tv during the summer.

15. Stacyh says:

I LOVE Rookie Blue! Just started watching it and it’s wonderful.

16. Tatertot says:

This show is boring. I watched 1.5 episodes. The 2nd episode was a rehash of the 1st. It’s very nrealistic, especially the way the social worker was/is portrayed. No state would take a child in excellent living conditions, not to mention lack of a family court and the kid living somewhere the unfit parent knows and can visit at will. Ridiculous.

17. tammy says:

i love this show and should be allowed to go on. It’s a very interesting and enjoyable can not wait for season 2 to start and hope it goes beyond that.