Ratings: Touch Down in Finale (Minus Idol Lead-In), Duets Drops, Rookie Blue Steady

Get More: Finales, News, Premieres, Ratings

Fox’s Touch wrapped up its freshman run on Thursday night by averaging 4.65 million total viewers across its two-hour run, while scoring a 1.3 demo rating.

That marks a drop of 23 percent from the show’s previous outing, which of course benefited from having American Idol as a lead-in.

In its first hour, Touch was bested by CBS comedy repeats and ABC’s Duets; come 9 pm, it placed behind Duets and Person of Interest. Next stop for the Kiefer-fronted drama: Fridays at 8, starting this fall.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s On When? And Versus What?

Duets, in Week 2, also saw declines despite having So You Think You Can Dance out of the way this go-round. The singing competition slipped 12 percent to 5.9 million viewers and a 1.5 rating (which was good for the demo win during the 9 o’clock hour). Rookie Blue led out of that with 5.84 mil and a 1.4, flat versus premiere week.

RELATED | Hot for Summer: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Premiere and Finale Dates!

The CW’s Breaking Pointe premiered to 963,000 viewers and a 0.3 demo rating.

A Big Bang Theory rerun led Thursday in both measures, drawing 8.7 mil and a 2.3.

Comments (26)

• 1.3/4.65? Ouch. The Friday move doesn’t seem to bode well for Touch.

Comment by Emily – June 1, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show should have been cancelled. Only because it is Kiefer that they are keeping it on. Yet the show isn’t really that good. In every episode he NEVER can get a grip on his son! He knows the limits of his son and his son wanders and he is on the phone or looking the other way and then he frantically has to find the kid. He’s always out of breath from chasing around…his acting is so one note. I watched the entire season hoping to like it, but it just frustrated me. I’ll just watch Grimm on Fridays!

Comment by zoot – June 3, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I actually enjoy this show. Its different and usually has a happy ending which is nice.

Comment by Thomas Sansone – June 4, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why was it even renewed? Isn’t it an expensive show?

Comment by Mark – June 1, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoy Touch. It always makes me feel good and happy, and even though it’s just a tv show, it reminds me of all the people we ‘touch’ every day…..Clearly I’m a sap, but I really am glad it got picked up for another season and I hope it gets more viewers!

Comment by Claire – June 1, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. It’s got a nice feeling to it and I’ll admit getting teary eyed a couple of times. The problem with finale’s of shows that you know have been renewed is that unless your a complete die hard fan you know that finale will be shown again. I know quite a few ppl who recorded it to save for later or are just waiting to see it when it starts up again.

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 1, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really enjoy it as well, but it’s a perfect example of networks screwing up promotion. It’s really rare for shows started mid season to succeed as it is but this was just a mess! The pilot aired and then it was a full month before it actually started and then bumping the finale weeks for AI. They make it hard to keep track of even for people with DVrs! It’s such a unique show. I really wish it got a larger audience.

Comment by Kate – June 1, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this may sound really corny but whenever I watch touch I feel like i’m watching something special. A story that seems to weave itself with each character and the fantastic theme song doesn’t hurt. I practically melted when jake held martin’s two fingers

Comment by jenna – June 1, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i know its chances for longetivity on a friday night are very small, since fruday is sort of a tv shows’ graveyard but i am eager to watch season 2

Comment by Ex FromTheLeft (@ExFromTheLeft) – December 30, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you’re not watching Touch you REALLY ARE missing out! Thankfully Fox has renewed this show, with cancellations of Alcatraz, Terra Nova and now with House gone, I don’t have anything else left to watch on Fox but Touch. NBC gave up on viewers when they refused to promote Awake then cancelled due to low ratings so I am done with NBC, at least Fox is standing behind some of its shows. I do have to DVR most shows I watch but this is one show that will keep me in front of tv whatever night it’s on.

Comment by Jennifer – June 1, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Person Of Interest continue rerun so well will get NCIS syndication deal! If not set new record deal. 100% will beat H5O, TM and NCIS LA deals. USA VS TNT will be the fight for syndication with no one other strong hit drama out there this and past season.

Why CBS dont start TBBT-TAHM-POI reruns already? Must create habits in people.

Comment by Petar – June 1, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know if Breaking Pointe will be available on iTunes? I can’t find it currently.

Comment by Expat – June 1, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aren’t these ratings for Touch worse than The Finder before its move to Friday??

Comment by Boiler – June 1, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • im pretty sure that the finder scored those kind of ratings when it was already on friday….. i miss that show.

Comment by ed – June 1, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Finders finale got 4.2/1.1. Which was good for Friday’s IMO.

Comment by Renee – June 1, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Those NBC-level numbers for FOX. I’m not shocked, actually. I couldn’t figure out the motive for keeping Touch. It did terrible retention from American Idol and it was clear the only real reason it had numbers at all was because of its time slot. It wasn’t a show that could be launched in a new time. Weird decision, although it may have been kept as a pair for Fringe or b/c Fox wants to be in business with Kiefer, but still… bad call on this one, I think.

Comment by Lola – June 1, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate Nielsen’s phony TV ratings. If the networks and advertisers were smart and interested in real figures, they’d use Rentrak.

Comment by Rob Leon (@BlueSaboteur) – June 1, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And yet Terra Nova’s finale got 7.18/2.2 and was cancelled. I hate Fox.

Comment by Renee – June 1, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the first couple episodes of touch and then stopped because I didn’t like it. They moved alot of series around to make a opening for it. In my opinion its a waste of time to invest in it.

Comment by Jack – June 1, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to watch the first episode of Touch twice to give it a chance and see if it would peek my interest. Well, that second time worked. After that, I have enjoyed every episode. I was so happy to see that it was renewed because the finale really was amazing. We’ll see how it bodes on Fridays. Two great shows on that night…Touch and Fringe.

Comment by Ali – June 1, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The season finale of Touch really “touched” me. Can’t wait what’s going to happen in Season Two.

Comment by Tran – June 1, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for Rookie Blue….it’s hard getting viewers on regular tv during the summer.

Comment by Shaun – June 2, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Rookie Blues.

Comment by Ladyguard – June 12, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Rookie Blue! Just started watching it and it’s wonderful.

Comment by Stacyh – June 3, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is boring. I watched 1.5 episodes. The 2nd episode was a rehash of the 1st. It’s very nrealistic, especially the way the social worker was/is portrayed. No state would take a child in excellent living conditions, not to mention lack of a family court and the kid living somewhere the unfit parent knows and can visit at will. Ridiculous.

Comment by Tatertot – June 4, 2012 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love this show and should be allowed to go on. It’s a very interesting and enjoyable can not wait for season 2 to start and hope it goes beyond that.

Comment by tammy – June 5, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post