AMC will marathon all 19 episodes of The Walking Dead‘s first two seasons the weekend of July 8, leading up to a special edition of Talking Dead and a never-before-broadcast black-and-white conversion of the series pilot.
The Dead-athon kicks off Saturday, July 8 at 11:30am EST, running to 1 am that night. The action picks back up Sunday at 11:30 am, leading into the 9 o’clock Talking Dead special and then the 10 pm showing of the B&W series opener.
The marathon event will also be laden with behind-the-scenes footage and cast interviews, and maybe a peek or two at Season 3, premiering this fall.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
* All My Children alum and Dancing With the Stars champ J.R. Martinez will guest-star on Lifetime’s Army Wives in August as a physical therapist who works with wounded veterans, EW.com reports. Martinez himself is of course himself an Iraq war vet.
* Movie star Emma Stone (The Help, The Amazing Spider-Man) will portray an iCarly superfan when she guests on the Nickelodoen series later this year, EW.com reports.
* ABC will premiere NY Med, an eight-episode docuseries from the producers of Hopkins and Boston Med and set at at the Columbia and Weill Cornell hospitals within NYC’s prestigious New York-Presbyterian Hospital, on Tuesday, July 10 at 8 pm.
* NBC will broadcast The CLIOS: World’s Best Commercials, hosted by JB Smoove, on Wednesday, July 5 at 8/7c.
* CBS will broadcast the 55th annual Grammy Awards, live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013. Laying the groundwork for the kudosfest, The Grammy Nominations Concert Live! — Countdown to Music’s Biggest Night will air Dec. 5.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?