Showtime Renews Nurse Jackie For Season 5, Hires Former Dexter Boss as New Showrunner

Get More: News, Renewals

Nurse Jackie RenewedShowtime has renewed Nurse Jackie for a fifth season and, in a killer behind-the-scenes twist, tapped former Dexter boss Clyde Phillips to serve as the new showrunner.

Phillips replaces the dark comedy’s co-creators, Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius, at the helm.

“Clyde brings a unique combination of skills in both comedy and drama, and he is a master at making entertaining and compelling television,” said Showtime president David Nevins. “We are so thrilled with the series’ performance this year, and we know that with the incomparable Edie Falco in front of the camera, the fifth season of Nurse Jackie will be even better.”

The fifth season of the Edie Falco-fronted series will begin production in late 2012.

Comments (11)

• I am so glad to hear of the NJ renewal. It is one of my favorite shows and I enjoy the entire cast.

Comment by David – May 31, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thrilled!! I really did NOT want this to be the last season. There’s still more creativity they can apply.

Comment by Larissa – May 31, 2012 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy it got renewed :) It’s such a great show with a diverse but yet comedic cast.

Comment by Nikki H. – May 31, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Comment by M – May 31, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that’s a showrunner change I can get behind. Of course I’d prefer if Brixius and Wallem could stay on the show until the end, but Phillips is brilliant, and Dexter has never been the same since he left it.

Comment by thiagofls – May 31, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news of The Big C? Love that show! And how many episodes will there be?

Comment by Sean T – May 31, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still mad Showtime renewed this over United States Of Tara. I miss that show so much.

Comment by Steven – May 31, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nurse Jackie is one of my favorite shows so this is good news! Season 4 has been excellent.

Comment by Holly – May 31, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaay for Nurse Jackie! I love this show! :D

Comment by Ela – June 1, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s the best series on TV. Can’t wait for next week!

Comment by crazydanelady – June 4, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when will seso 5 nurse jackie coming on.

Comment by lilllian burnham – February 21, 2013 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post