TVLine Items: Daytime Emmys Find Home, Chuck Alum Joins Touch-Tinged Web Series and More!
The 39th annual Daytime Emmys have (finally) found a home.
HLN will air the suds honors, which are set to take place Saturday, June 23 at 8/7c.
General Hospital leads this year’s nominees with 23 total nods, followed not-so-closely by The Young and the Restless and Sesame Street, which netted 16 each.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Chuck‘s most Awesome alum Ryan McPartlin will co-star in Daybreak, a six-episode web series loosely connected to Touch. Though not directly based on the Fox drama, the series –exec-produced by Touch creator Tim Kring and penned by Raven Metzner (Six Degrees) — centers on the Dodecahedron, an object that was recently introduced on the Kiefer Sutherland star vehicle. The project will launch following the May 31 Touch finale.
* Lifetime is developing a drama series based on Clarice Starling, the character created by novelist Thomas Harris and portrayed by Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs, per TV Guide Magazine. The project would follow a pre-Hannibal Lecter Clarice soon after she graduates from the FBI academy.
• Grant Bowler (True Blood) has been tapped to portray Richard Burton opposite Lindsay Lohan’s Elizabeth Taylor in its upcoming original movie Liz & Dick.
• SOAPnet will celebrate dads this Father’s Day with a Veronica Mars marathon, airing Sunday, June 17 from 3pm – 7pm.
• General Hospital grad Nathan Parsons will guest-star in a July episode of ABC Family’s new series Bunheads. Per ABC Soaps In Depth, he’ll play surfer dude that all the girls love.
• Big-screen cult fave Old School will be inducted into the Guy Movie Hall of Fame during Spike TV’s 2012 Guys Choice event, EW.com reports. The cast, including Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson, will reunite on the broadcast, airing June 9 at 9 pm.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?