TVLine Items: Daytime Emmys Find Home, Chuck Alum Joins Touch-Tinged Web Series and More!

The 39th annual Daytime Emmys have (finally) found a home.

HLN will air the suds honors, which are set to take place Saturday, June 23 at 8/7c.

RELATED | General Hospital Exclusive: Meet the New Kristina

General Hospital leads this year’s nominees with 23 total nods, followed not-so-closely by The Young and the Restless and Sesame Street, which netted 16 each.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Chuck‘s most Awesome alum Ryan McPartlin will co-star in Daybreak, a six-episode web series loosely connected to Touch. Though not directly based on the Fox drama, the series –exec-produced by Touch creator Tim Kring and penned by Raven Metzner (Six Degrees) — centers on the Dodecahedron, an object that was recently introduced on the Kiefer Sutherland star vehicle. The project will launch following the May 31 Touch finale.

* Lifetime is developing a drama series based on Clarice Starling, the character created by novelist Thomas Harris and portrayed by Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs, per TV Guide Magazine. The project would follow a pre-Hannibal Lecter Clarice soon after she graduates from the FBI academy.

• Grant Bowler (True Blood) has been tapped to portray Richard Burton opposite Lindsay Lohan’s Elizabeth Taylor in its upcoming original movie Liz & Dick.

RELATED | True Blood First Look: Chris Meloni With Fangs!

• SOAPnet will celebrate dads this Father’s Day with a Veronica Mars marathon, airing Sunday, June 17 from 3pm – 7pm.

• General Hospital grad Nathan Parsons will guest-star in a July episode of ABC Family’s new series Bunheads. Per ABC Soaps In Depth, he’ll play surfer dude that all the girls love.

• Big-screen cult fave Old School will be inducted into the Guy Movie Hall of Fame during Spike TV’s 2012 Guys Choice event, EW.com reports. The cast, including Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson, will reunite on the broadcast, airing June 9 at 9 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Awards, Casting News, Daytime TV, TVLine Items

1. Denise says:

I hope the Daytime Emmys are better than last year’s Las Vegas commercial.

• Tess says:

Agreed – that constant Vegas pimping was atrocious. It was as if they forgot they were supposed to be doing an awards show. The people who bothered to show up for it looked mortified and annoyed. Hopefully they won’t pull that again this year. I want to see respectful tributes to All My Children and One Life To Live, not a two hour advertisement for HLN’s biggest sponsors.

2. Huh says:

what is HLN? ha

3. lilys87 says:

Awesome <3 <3

4. M says:

Isn’t it Ryan Eggold (90120) and not Ryan McPartlin doing the Touch webisodes?

5. M. says:

Who gets soapnet anymore? Here in PA on comcast its not some disney channel for young kids?

• Paul says:

Some providers (like Dish Network) haven’t agreed to carry the new Disney Jr. For them, they still get soapnet.

• Mark says:

We still get SOAPNet even though we started getting Disney Jr. when it launched in March. I’m happy…I still have my soap channel and my kids are enjoying Disney Jr.

• Robin says:

We have it here in northern KY

6. mirvin365 says:

I have DirecTV and still get SoapNet (in TN). I’m glad Nathan Parsons has a gig; I love him. I also would rather not watch the three hours worth of commercials they did last year. What an embarrassment that was. Surely there’s a better way to pay for this.

7. Robin says:

Lindsay Lohan is going to play Elizabeth Taylor…seriously?! I’m not a fan of that idea…but hey if it can somehow help her put her life back together…I guess it could be good for her.
    I love Lifetime, but that series premise does not interest me in the least…the should have brought back Against the Wall from last summer. :)
    Or why hasn’t someone or some network contacted Janet Evanonvich and had her Stephanie Plum series developed into a tv show? I just started reading these books this year and while the movie One for the Money was just ok…I think it could have a vast appeal for TV if casting/writing/producing etc all fell into place…

8. GeoDiva says:

Umm.. Clarice Starling meets Hannibal Lecter while she is still in the FBI Academy and graduates at the end of the movie. So how can she have a pre-Hannibal adventures after graduation?

9. jacki whitford says:

Grant Bowler is an amazing actor. He was great on GCB in just two episodes I do feel that Lindsay Lohan is the wrong choice for Liz Taylor, but Grant Bowler will do a fantastic job as Richard Burton.

10. bob says:

Grant Bowler deserves better than Lohan. We all do.

11. lizzie says:

I’m surprised they still have the daytime.emmys, esp since there’s only 3.5 soaps left on the air. &RIP GCB, I really liked that show…it had potential….more than desperate housewives ever did