TVLine Items: Daytime Emmys Find Home, Chuck Alum Joins Touch-Tinged Web Series and More!

The 39th annual Daytime Emmys have (finally) found a home.

HLN will air the suds honors, which are set to take place Saturday, June 23 at 8/7c.

RELATED | General Hospital Exclusive: Meet the New Kristina

General Hospital leads this year’s nominees with 23 total nods, followed not-so-closely by The Young and the Restless and Sesame Street, which netted 16 each.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Chuck‘s most Awesome alum Ryan McPartlin will co-star in Daybreak, a six-episode web series loosely connected to Touch. Though not directly based on the Fox drama, the series –exec-produced by Touch creator Tim Kring and penned by Raven Metzner (Six Degrees) — centers on the Dodecahedron, an object that was recently introduced on the Kiefer Sutherland star vehicle. The project will launch following the May 31 Touch finale.

* Lifetime is developing a drama series based on Clarice Starling, the character created by novelist Thomas Harris and portrayed by Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs, per TV Guide Magazine. The project would follow a pre-Hannibal Lecter Clarice soon after she graduates from the FBI academy.

• Grant Bowler (True Blood) has been tapped to portray Richard Burton opposite Lindsay Lohan’s Elizabeth Taylor in its upcoming original movie Liz & Dick.

RELATED | True Blood First Look: Chris Meloni With Fangs!

• SOAPnet will celebrate dads this Father’s Day with a Veronica Mars marathon, airing Sunday, June 17 from 3pm – 7pm.

• General Hospital grad Nathan Parsons will guest-star in a July episode of ABC Family’s new series Bunheads. Per ABC Soaps In Depth, he’ll play surfer dude that all the girls love.

• Big-screen cult fave Old School will be inducted into the Guy Movie Hall of Fame during Spike TV’s 2012 Guys Choice event, EW.com reports. The cast, including Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson, will reunite on the broadcast, airing June 9 at 9 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (18)

• I hope the Daytime Emmys are better than last year’s Las Vegas commercial.

Comment by Denise – May 25, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed – that constant Vegas pimping was atrocious. It was as if they forgot they were supposed to be doing an awards show. The people who bothered to show up for it looked mortified and annoyed. Hopefully they won’t pull that again this year. I want to see respectful tributes to All My Children and One Life To Live, not a two hour advertisement for HLN’s biggest sponsors.

Comment by Tess – May 25, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what is HLN? ha

Comment by Huh – May 25, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Headline News

Comment by Steven Leitner – May 25, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had to google it too…

Comment by Robin – May 25, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome <3 <3

Comment by lilys87 – May 25, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t it Ryan Eggold (90120) and not Ryan McPartlin doing the Touch webisodes?

Comment by M – May 25, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who gets soapnet anymore? Here in PA on comcast its not some disney channel for young kids?

Comment by M. – May 25, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some providers (like Dish Network) haven’t agreed to carry the new Disney Jr. For them, they still get soapnet.

Comment by Paul – May 25, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We still get SOAPNet even though we started getting Disney Jr. when it launched in March. I’m happy…I still have my soap channel and my kids are enjoying Disney Jr.

Comment by Mark – May 25, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We have it here in northern KY

Comment by Robin – May 25, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have DirecTV and still get SoapNet (in TN). I’m glad Nathan Parsons has a gig; I love him. I also would rather not watch the three hours worth of commercials they did last year. What an embarrassment that was. Surely there’s a better way to pay for this.

Comment by mirvin365 – May 25, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsay Lohan is going to play Elizabeth Taylor…seriously?! I’m not a fan of that idea…but hey if it can somehow help her put her life back together…I guess it could be good for her.
    I love Lifetime, but that series premise does not interest me in the least…the should have brought back Against the Wall from last summer. :)
    Or why hasn’t someone or some network contacted Janet Evanonvich and had her Stephanie Plum series developed into a tv show? I just started reading these books this year and while the movie One for the Money was just ok…I think it could have a vast appeal for TV if casting/writing/producing etc all fell into place…

Comment by Robin – May 25, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As long as Katherine Heigl isn’t in it.

Comment by Sue – May 27, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Umm.. Clarice Starling meets Hannibal Lecter while she is still in the FBI Academy and graduates at the end of the movie. So how can she have a pre-Hannibal adventures after graduation?

Comment by GeoDiva – May 25, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grant Bowler is an amazing actor. He was great on GCB in just two episodes I do feel that Lindsay Lohan is the wrong choice for Liz Taylor, but Grant Bowler will do a fantastic job as Richard Burton.

Comment by jacki whitford – May 25, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grant Bowler deserves better than Lohan. We all do.

Comment by bob – May 25, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised they still have the daytime.emmys, esp since there’s only 3.5 soaps left on the air. &RIP GCB, I really liked that show…it had potential….more than desperate housewives ever did

Comment by lizzie – May 25, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post