What to Watch: 5 Web Series Worth Checking Out

I Hate Being SingleThis week, I Hate Being Single concludes its stellar first season, SNL‘s Fred Armisen proves he’s a decent drummer, expensive tech gadgets go up in flames for no particular reason, and much more!

I Hate Being Single | In this hilarious two-part season finale, Rob joins a man cult where dudes in scarves and hoodies are taught how to live in a “sea of uncommitted bliss.” We can’t wait to see more from Rob Michael Hugel.

Jan | This soap-y web series features Sideways’ Virginia Madsen as a renown photographer-slash-horrible boss to title character Jan (Catlin Gerard), with True Blood’s Stephen Moyer playing a coupled-up actor who may be developing a tiny crush on Jan.

Bandmates | This odd three-episode series features improvised jam sessions with SNL‘s Armisen and House‘s Charlyne Yi. In the final episode, Yi listens patiently as Armisen lists everything he expects to get out of being part of a band, including “the ability to make sound.”

Squaresville | Zelda (Mary Kate Wiles) reconnects with a childhood friend who has since fallen in with a bad crowd.

Can You Grill It? | The folks at Pork Barrel BBQ toss tech gadgets on the grill and then rate how well they burn. You haven’t lived until you’ve seen an Amazon Kindle Fire flame roasted.

What are your faves? Comment away below, and feel free to offer your own recommendations!

Comments (11)

• Your Dad’s Friends on YouTube is hilarious! It’s the guy version of Girls. People need to check it out.

Comment by Amanda – May 23, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw that! It’s great!

Comment by Steven – May 29, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Husbands should be on here. It’s fantastic, and hysterically funny.

Comment by Brian – May 23, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is a scripted vlog adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and my absolute favorite!! It’s on YouTube!

Comment by Slizabeth – May 23, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That really is very good. I love Jane!

Comment by Mitholas – May 24, 2012 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely LOVE Jan. It’s so good. I actually like Stephen Moyer on there a lot more than on True Blood. Maybe it’s because he uses his natural British accent?

Comment by Lena120 – May 23, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good call on “I Hate being Single.” Also, I just discovered Dick Punch on blip. So dark and so funny.

Comment by Carrie – May 23, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Hate Being Single it’s good, really.

Comment by Amanda Pina (@AmandaPina) – May 24, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Guild! Love it!

Comment by Dee Dee – May 24, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No mention for The Guild? I’m disappointed. I also love The LXD, Fresh Hell and Husbands. There’s also Bloomers, The Booth at the End, The Lizzie Bennett Diaries and the upcoming Auror’s Tale.

Comment by Robin Burks (@sunriserobin) – May 24, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guidestones! It’s an award-winning conspiracy thriller. Great fun.

Comment by Josh – July 5, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post