Casting News: NBC Pilot Finds Its Eddie Munster, Jersey Exit for Stephanie March and More

Mockingbird Lane Mason CookNBC’s Mockingbird Lane pilot has found its Eddie Munster.

Mason Cook (Spy Kids in 4D, The Middle) has landed the coveted role in writer/executive producer Bryan Fuller’s reboot of The Munsters, our sister site Deadline reports.

PHOTOS AND VIDEO | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Cook will play Lily and Herman’s only child, an earnest Boy Scout and budding werewolf, in what is being described by NBC as a “visually spectacular one-hour drama” about a family of “monsters.” He joins the previously cast Eddie Izzard (The Riches) as Grandpa and newcomer Charity Wakefield as Lily’s beautiful niece and the only “normal” Munster, Marilyn.

RELATED | TVLine’s Handy Fall TV Grid: What’s Airing When, and Versus What?

In other casting news:

* NBC’s J.J. Abrams-produced drama Revolution has released Andrea Roth (Rescue Me), per Deadline, as her character, the mother of the two leads, is being reconceived.

* Similarly, CBS’ new Friday legal drama Made In Jersey has chosen not to keep Stephanie March (Law & Order: SVU) as a series regular, though she may return in a recurring capacity.

1. Andrew says:

munsters needs to be good, and stephanie march is awesome, that sucks

2. CL says:

Stephanie March was the only reason I was willing to give Made in Jersey a chance. Stupid decision on CBS’ part.

3. Esaul says:

Stephanie March is an incredible actress. I’m disappointed that she wasn’t chosen to stay on as a regular. I think this I a huge mistake. She would be the only reason why I’d watch her. I love seeing where the actors from L&O end up after they finish there. I only hope she can find her way back to SVU again where she has family.

4. Connie says:

Well i guess i won’t be watching made in jersey. I hate any lawyer type shows. I mainly watch cop shows. But Stephanie is such a great actress. I would have watched for her. I pulled for conviction back in the day. Yeah i was one of the few who watched. Hopefully tptb will bring her back home to SVU. Please!

5. etc111 says:

i though this was not picked up in the end- its not listed on the fall tv preview and wasnt listed in fall pickups

6. smidnite says:

Munsters is a go while Harry’s Law is cancelled… Gotta love NBC.

7. TMW says:

March is a terribly wooden actress who was somewhat effective on LAW $ ORDER: SVU only. I’m not surprised by this news at all.

8. Strange that they are releasing Andrea Roth from REVOLUTION… I liked her in the pilot. I guess they will shoot her scenes over again (she only has two). I don’t think they should mess with the show much. The pilot episode is great.

9. Kaylea says:

I love Stephanie March. I was willing to give Made in Jersey a chance, doubt I’ll watch it now. Hopefully this could be a way back to SVU for her.

10. Shashwat says:

Is this show being prepared for midseason?

11. Matt Zmudka says:

I would’ve liked to see Kristen bell as Marilyn.

12. Jones says:

No March, no Jersey for me.

13. AJ says:

Lucy Lawless for Lily Munster! It is perfect casting.

14. Britta Unfiltered says:

Hey Stephanie, go back to SVU, will ya? We need old favorites back on the show to give it back its spark since losing Stabler.

15. glomac says:

No Stephanie March? Then no reason to watch Made in Jersey. This sucks.

16. Dizzle says:

Liked her on SVU but haven’t liked her in anything else, don’t know if its the characters she plays or her acting. Either way, I’ll still give Made In Jersey a chance. Love Kyle Mclachlan, and Janet Montgomery was one of the only decent things about Human Target series 2.

• Esaul says:

She hasn’t exactly been in anything else. Minor roles and guest appearances. The only serious role she’s had is on SVU/Conviction.

17. Jacqueline Thompson says:

Charity Wakefield..wonderful, she’s a brilliant actress and very funny….can’t wait to see this series with her in it.