Casting News: NBC Pilot Finds Its Eddie Munster, Jersey Exit for Stephanie March and More

Get More: Casting News

Mockingbird Lane Mason CookNBC’s Mockingbird Lane pilot has found its Eddie Munster.

Mason Cook (Spy Kids in 4D, The Middle) has landed the coveted role in writer/executive producer Bryan Fuller’s reboot of The Munsters, our sister site Deadline reports.

PHOTOS AND VIDEO | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Cook will play Lily and Herman’s only child, an earnest Boy Scout and budding werewolf, in what is being described by NBC as a “visually spectacular one-hour drama” about a family of “monsters.” He joins the previously cast Eddie Izzard (The Riches) as Grandpa and newcomer Charity Wakefield as Lily’s beautiful niece and the only “normal” Munster, Marilyn.

RELATED | TVLine’s Handy Fall TV Grid: What’s Airing When, and Versus What?

In other casting news:

* NBC’s J.J. Abrams-produced drama Revolution has released Andrea Roth (Rescue Me), per Deadline, as her character, the mother of the two leads, is being reconceived.

* Similarly, CBS’ new Friday legal drama Made In Jersey has chosen not to keep Stephanie March (Law & Order: SVU) as a series regular, though she may return in a recurring capacity.

Comments (24)

• munsters needs to be good, and stephanie march is awesome, that sucks

Comment by Andrew – May 23, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stephanie March was the only reason I was willing to give Made in Jersey a chance. Stupid decision on CBS’ part.

Comment by CL – May 23, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s nice to know someone thinks like me. :)

Comment by Esaul – May 23, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stephanie March is an incredible actress. I’m disappointed that she wasn’t chosen to stay on as a regular. I think this I a huge mistake. She would be the only reason why I’d watch her. I love seeing where the actors from L&O end up after they finish there. I only hope she can find her way back to SVU again where she has family.

Comment by Esaul – May 23, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well i guess i won’t be watching made in jersey. I hate any lawyer type shows. I mainly watch cop shows. But Stephanie is such a great actress. I would have watched for her. I pulled for conviction back in the day. Yeah i was one of the few who watched. Hopefully tptb will bring her back home to SVU. Please!

Comment by Connie – May 23, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i though this was not picked up in the end- its not listed on the fall tv preview and wasnt listed in fall pickups

Comment by etc111 – May 23, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They decided to put the pilot off for a year. They annouced that like a month ago I think so it will be up and running next pilot season.

Comment by Armanda Benites – May 23, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, it was – it was presented at upfronts, and will be airing between CSI NY and Blue Bloods (9pm ET) on Fridays this fall.

Comment by Kelly (@rocza) – May 24, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Munsters is a go while Harry’s Law is cancelled… Gotta love NBC.

Comment by smidnite – May 23, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Harry’s Law went in the tank.

Comment by Terri – May 23, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mockingbird Lane should be flushed right down the bowl.

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 01:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • March is a terribly wooden actress who was somewhat effective on LAW $ ORDER: SVU only. I’m not surprised by this news at all.

Comment by TMW – May 23, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Strange that they are releasing Andrea Roth from REVOLUTION… I liked her in the pilot. I guess they will shoot her scenes over again (she only has two). I don’t think they should mess with the show much. The pilot episode is great.

Comment by GeekFurious.com – May 23, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Stephanie March. I was willing to give Made in Jersey a chance, doubt I’ll watch it now. Hopefully this could be a way back to SVU for her.

Comment by Kaylea – May 23, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this show being prepared for midseason?

Comment by Shashwat – May 23, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would’ve liked to see Kristen bell as Marilyn.

Comment by Matt Zmudka – May 23, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No March, no Jersey for me.

Comment by Jones – May 23, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lucy Lawless for Lily Munster! It is perfect casting.

Comment by AJ – May 23, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Stephanie, go back to SVU, will ya? We need old favorites back on the show to give it back its spark since losing Stabler.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 23, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Stephanie March? Then no reason to watch Made in Jersey. This sucks.

Comment by glomac – May 23, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked her on SVU but haven’t liked her in anything else, don’t know if its the characters she plays or her acting. Either way, I’ll still give Made In Jersey a chance. Love Kyle Mclachlan, and Janet Montgomery was one of the only decent things about Human Target series 2.

Comment by Dizzle – May 24, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She hasn’t exactly been in anything else. Minor roles and guest appearances. The only serious role she’s had is on SVU/Conviction.

Comment by Esaul – May 24, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charity Wakefield..wonderful, she’s a brilliant actress and very funny….can’t wait to see this series with her in it.

Comment by Jacqueline Thompson – May 25, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post