TVLine Items: Homeland Spies Tim Guinee, Regis Q&As Letterman, Pan Am Revival Talk and More!
Tim Guinee, who as of late has recurred on The Good Wife, has booked a role on Showtime’s Homeland, TVLine has confirmed.
Details on Guinee’s character, as well as his episode count, thus far are filed as “top secret,” though we’ll remind you that the show was looking to cast Brody’s chief of staff, so perhaps they don’t want to broadcast that the war vet’s run for Congress is a success.
Homeland Season 2 premieres Sept. 30. Guinee also can be seen this fall on the NBC’s new post-apocalyptic drama Revolution, from J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Talk about a double whammy! Piers Morgan Tonight exec producer Jonathan Wald has announced via Twitter that Regis Philbin will fill in for the eponymous talk show host next Tuesday, May 29, and that his guest will be none other than bestie David Letterman — who rarely does sit-down interviews.
• Pan Am is the latest ill-fated series hit with revival rumors. Per our sister site Deadline, Sony Pictures TV (which produces the axed ABC drama) is in very early talks with Amazon about picking up the retro drama. The question is: Do you hope to see the show once again take flight? Hit the comments!
• FLOTUS Michelle Obama will make her second trip to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Tuesday, May 29.
• True Blood co-executive producer Mark Hudis has been tapped to succeed Alan Ball as showrunner come (the inevitable) Season 6, Deadline reports. Ball announced in February his plan to step down after Season 5, which bows Sunday, June 10.
• Big-screen badass Samuel L. Jackson will host the 2012 BET Awards, airing live on July 1. Don Cheadle (House of Lies), Common (Hell on Wheels), Idris Elba (Luther), Taraji P. Henson (Person of Interest) and Regina King (Southland) are among the nominees.
• Joan Rivers will guest-star as Jane’s subconscious in two episodes of Drop Dead Diva‘s upcoming season (premiering June 3), EW.com reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?