Exclusive Apartment 23 Video: The Beek Freaks Out Over Dean Cain's Bigger [Spoiler]

ABC’s Don’t Trust the B—- In Apartment 23 wraps its freshman run tonight (at 9:30/8:30c), but before all is said and done, James Van Der Beek will finally face off with his Dancing With the Stars arch-nemesis, Dean Cain.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

This exclusive first look at the season-ender finds a completely logical Mr. Beek losing his shiz when he discovers that — gasp! — the erstwhile Superman has a Dancing dressing room that is six inches bigger than his.

Press PLAY below to witness the funny freakout, and then hit the comments with your responses to this Q: Has The Beek ever been better than in this exact moment?

Loading video...

Comments (15)

• lol
    This show is surprisingly awesome

Comment by dessy111 – May 23, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The female leads in this show are okay, but James Van Der Beek absolutely steals the show. He deserves a supporting actor Emmy for this role!

Comment by Luminosity – May 23, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly – he is the whole reason to watch this show!

Comment by Jenn – May 23, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hahaha. Shut up. I love his assistant

Comment by Justin – May 23, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never in my life thought that I would ever like ‘The Beek’ or find him funny. He KILLS it in this show. I love the entire show, but he really gives it that extra kick it needs. WHO KNEW he had such great comedic timing?

Comment by Chris – May 23, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw that was hilarious.

Comment by Lucia – May 23, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like this show just sort of snuck up on us and became great, just like Happy Endings last year. Can’t wait to watch them together next year!

Comment by John – May 23, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched it on a whim, mostly because I saw Dean Cain’s name (and boy, did I ever love him back in the 90s when he was Superman on Lois & Clark)… but James Van Der Beek was *hilarious* in this clip. Might have to check out this show! Had me laughing out loud.

Comment by tlc19 – May 23, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, the Beak is consistently hilarious in this. I loved the one where he tried to give a seminar on Shakespearean acting.

Comment by Chester – May 23, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Beek without a doubt steals the show. I like Kristen Ritter and all, but the show is just average without him. Add me to the list of people who have never been huge fans of his and are now converts. Who knew. I don’t know if an actor can get an Emmy nom for playing himself, but he really should be considered.

Hopefully the show picks up some word of mouth and returns strong next season.

Comment by Maddie – May 23, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t we have this show Down Under?! So unfair…

Comment by Jen – May 23, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww, it’s done for the season? That sucks. I feel like there are scenes we saw in the advertisements for the show that I never got to see in the actual episodes. Like I remember one in particular where Chloe said something about being attracted to super inappropriate men, and then they show a flashback of her coming out of a porta potty adjusting her clothes while a bunch of (literal) clowns follow her out. Did I make that up in my head or just miss it in an episode?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 24, 2012 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James is so funny in this show! I love when they showed his “Guy Ritchie movie”

Comment by Mikael – May 24, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James is a great actor! Watched him in Dawson’s Creek and loved him then. Hilarious in One Tree Hill. He has revolved into an outstanding actor~ especially in Apt. 23!

Comment by Jean – June 4, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with their previous comment, totally hilarious. Where did they find such apartment? Why apartment 23? Was this like a penthouse apartment?

Comment by newyorkrealtors – June 27, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post