Dexter Targets Jason Gedrick for Season 7 Arc

Jason Gedrick, fresh off his role on HBO’s cut-short Luck, has bounced back with a multi-episode run on Showtime’s Dexter, the cabler announced on Tuesday.

In Season 7 of the dark drama, premiering Sept. 30, Gedrick will play the manager of a Miami-area gentlemen’s club that becomes linked to a high-profile murder case.

RELATED | Dexter Casts Rome‘s Ray Stevenson – Is He Season 7′s Big Bad?

In addition to his turn as Lucky‘s Jerry, Gedrick’s recent TV credits include arcs on Necessary Roughness and Desperate Housewives and an appearance on Lie to Me, though he is best known for his roles on Boomtown and the ahead-of-its-time Murder One.

1. Troy McClure says:

Hi, I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such Jason Gedrick shows as Murder One and Boomtown.

2. Rock Golf says:

Has any TV actor ever been in more flops than Gedrick? Luck, Necessary Roughness, Windfall, LAX, Boomtown (alas), The Beast, Falcone, EZ Streets, Murder One (also, alas), Sweet Justice, and Class of 96.

I have nothing against the guy, but he can’t possibly be considered an audience draw.

3. Jason says:

Jason Gedrick is clearly best known for “The Heavenly Kid”.

4. MJ says:

Yes, I remember him from Iron Eagle and The Heavenly Kid.

Necessary Roughness is not a flop. The 2nd season starts next week and it is a good show.

5. Eran says:

Sorry folks but Jason Gedrick always has been and will always remain ‘Class of 96′s’ David Morrisey. Ausiello, please back me up on this one. :)

6. Casey says:

The first thing that comes to mind when I think about him is Backdraft. I really like him (and not just cause he’s VERY nice to look at, hot damn!), and I’m really looking forward to see what he brings to Dexter. (:

• Casey…I believe we are on the same page where Jason is concerned. I’ve always been a fan and I believe he’ll bring to Dexter what he always brings to every project he’s involved in.
      Let us not forget, he is one of the few child actors that has not ruin their lives via drugs and alcohol.

7. Casey says:

And also, Necessary Roughness isn’t a flop. As someone already said, season two is premiering soon. And I don’t think I’d consider Luck a flop as far as the quality of the show is concerned. From what I heard, reviews were good and it had already been renewed for season two before season one had even ended. I think, had it not been for the on-set problems (if they had taken better care of the horses), the show may have been a success. But we’ll never know.

8. Geo says:

All I ask is that last year’s season of Dexter turns out to have all been a dream, because that was some seriously awful stuff.

They have exactly five minutes at the beginning of the first episode of the new season to walk back all the Deb loves Dexter crap, or I’m out.

9. Joe says:

What about Jericho he was great in that

10. Shink says:

he will always be the dude that Ally McBeal banged in the car wash

11. Norma vail says:

Seriously, I believe he is one of the most underated actors. He should be offered more starring roles. Quite a stage presence, not just because of his ruggit handsone looks. Its his ability to play any role . Does best with the wounded look not sure if thats him acting or his real feelings coming out. Hope to see him in more

12. simone vella. says:

I argee he is one of the most underated actors.I love him in The last don one and two and in the film called Wiisegal.He would be great at any role. l also like he in D.H.Wives. Hope to see him in more shows.