Dexter Targets Jason Gedrick for Season 7 Arc

Get More: Casting News, News

Jason Gedrick, fresh off his role on HBO’s cut-short Luck, has bounced back with a multi-episode run on Showtime’s Dexter, the cabler announced on Tuesday.

In Season 7 of the dark drama, premiering Sept. 30, Gedrick will play the manager of a Miami-area gentlemen’s club that becomes linked to a high-profile murder case.

RELATED | Dexter Casts Rome‘s Ray Stevenson – Is He Season 7′s Big Bad?

In addition to his turn as Lucky‘s Jerry, Gedrick’s recent TV credits include arcs on Necessary Roughness and Desperate Housewives and an appearance on Lie to Me, though he is best known for his roles on Boomtown and the ahead-of-its-time Murder One.

Comments (20)

• Hi, I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such Jason Gedrick shows as Murder One and Boomtown.

Comment by Troy McClure – May 22, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has any TV actor ever been in more flops than Gedrick? Luck, Necessary Roughness, Windfall, LAX, Boomtown (alas), The Beast, Falcone, EZ Streets, Murder One (also, alas), Sweet Justice, and Class of 96.

I have nothing against the guy, but he can’t possibly be considered an audience draw.

Comment by Rock Golf – May 22, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless you happen to be a fanatic about Iron Eagle… :-)

Comment by Chris Burgwald – May 22, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • or The Heavenly Kid! I may have to go find that now!

Comment by Amanda – May 22, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EZ Streets was great. All what, two or three episodes they aired before canning it.

Comment by depressed troll – May 23, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s killed more shows than cancer has people.

Comment by Chad Smith – May 23, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Gedrick is clearly best known for “The Heavenly Kid”.

Comment by Jason – May 22, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I remember him from Iron Eagle and The Heavenly Kid.

Necessary Roughness is not a flop. The 2nd season starts next week and it is a good show.

Comment by MJ – May 22, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry folks but Jason Gedrick always has been and will always remain ‘Class of 96′s’ David Morrisey. Ausiello, please back me up on this one. :)

Comment by Eran – May 22, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you mean the David Morrisey who’s going to play the pivotal role of The Governor in the upcoming third season of The Walking Dead, the most watched show on cable ever?

Comment by Scott – May 22, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved him on Class of ’96!

Comment by Elizabeth – May 22, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first thing that comes to mind when I think about him is Backdraft. I really like him (and not just cause he’s VERY nice to look at, hot damn!), and I’m really looking forward to see what he brings to Dexter. (:

Comment by Casey – May 22, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Casey…I believe we are on the same page where Jason is concerned. I’ve always been a fan and I believe he’ll bring to Dexter what he always brings to every project he’s involved in.
      Let us not forget, he is one of the few child actors that has not ruin their lives via drugs and alcohol.

Comment by Michele Perez – August 19, 2013 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And also, Necessary Roughness isn’t a flop. As someone already said, season two is premiering soon. And I don’t think I’d consider Luck a flop as far as the quality of the show is concerned. From what I heard, reviews were good and it had already been renewed for season two before season one had even ended. I think, had it not been for the on-set problems (if they had taken better care of the horses), the show may have been a success. But we’ll never know.

Comment by Casey – May 22, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was one of HBO’s lowest rated series though, as opposed to it’s usual hits.

Comment by dexx – May 22, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I ask is that last year’s season of Dexter turns out to have all been a dream, because that was some seriously awful stuff.

They have exactly five minutes at the beginning of the first episode of the new season to walk back all the Deb loves Dexter crap, or I’m out.

Comment by Geo – May 22, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Jericho he was great in that

Comment by Joe – May 22, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he will always be the dude that Ally McBeal banged in the car wash

Comment by Shink – May 23, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, I believe he is one of the most underated actors. He should be offered more starring roles. Quite a stage presence, not just because of his ruggit handsone looks. Its his ability to play any role . Does best with the wounded look not sure if thats him acting or his real feelings coming out. Hope to see him in more

Comment by Norma vail – January 9, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I argee he is one of the most underated actors.I love him in The last don one and two and in the film called Wiisegal.He would be great at any role. l also like he in D.H.Wives. Hope to see him in more shows.

Comment by simone vella. – September 16, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post