Teen Choice Nominations: Vampire Diaries and Idol Lead Pack, Linda Hunt Eyes Repeat Win

American Idol and The Vampire Diaries lead this year’s Teen Choice award nominations, netting five apiece.

Gossip Girl and Nikita follow with four, while NCIS: Los Angeles badass Linda Hunt, 67, is poised to repeat in the TV Actress/Action category, provided she can once again best the kick-butt quartet of Maggie Q (Nikita), Lyndsy Fonseca (Nikita), Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) and Grace Park (Hawaii Five-0).

Once Upon a Time, Revenge and New Girl are among the freshman shows to break into the pack.

Teen Choice 2012 will air Sunday, July 22 on Fox. Here is a look at the major TV races; be forewarned, the amount of Touch love is conspicuous, unless the kiddies are voting for Choice Apple iPod.

Choice TV Show: Drama
Bones
Gossip Girl (2011 winner)
Pretty Little Liars

Emily VanCamp, Revenge

Choice TV Show: Fantasy/Sci-Fi
Fringe
Once Upon a Time
Supernatural
True Blood
The Vampire Diaries (2011 winner)

Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi
Jensen Ackles, Supernatural
Joshua Jackson, Fringe
Jared Padalecki, Supernatural
Ian Somerhalder, The Vampire Diaries (2011 winner)
Paul Wesley, The Vampire Diaries

Choice TV Actress: Fantasy/Sci-Fi
Nina Dobrev, The Vampire Diaries (2011 winner)
Ginnifer Goodwin, Once Upon a Time
Kat Graham, The Vampire Diaries
Anna Paquin, True Blood
Anna Torv, Fringe

Choice TV Show: Action
Chuck
CSI: Miami
Hawaii Five-O
NCIS: Los Angeles (2011 winner)
Nikita

Choice TV Actor: Action
LL Cool J, NCIS: Los Angeles
Daniel Dae Kim, Hawaii Five-O
Zachary Levi, Chuck
Adam Rodriguez, CSI: Miami
Shane West, Nikita (2011 winner)

Choice TV Actress: Action
Lyndsy Fonseca, Nikita
Linda Hunt, NCIS: Los Angeles (2011 winner)
Grace Park, Hawaii Five-O

Miranda Cosgrove, iCarly
Kaley Cuoco, The Big Bang Theory
Zooey Deschanel, New Girl
Lea Michele, Glee
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

Choice TV: Reality Competition Show
American Idol (2011 winner)
Survivor: One World
The Voice
The X Factor

Choice TV: Male Reality Star
Paul “DJ Pauly D” DelVecchio, Jersey Shore/The Pauly D Project (2011 winner)
Rob Dyrdek, Fantasy Factory/Ridiculousness
William Levy, Dancing With the Stars
Scotty McCreery, American Idol
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Jersey Shore

Choice TV: Female Reality Star
Lauren Alaina, American Idol
Melanie Amaro, The X Factor
The Kardashians, Keeping Up With The Kardashians (2011 winner)
Tia & Tamera Mowry, Tia & Tamera
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jersey Shore

1. veronic says:

ONCE UPON A TIME and GINNIFER GOODWIN. That¡

2. Aiden says:

Even though this is only TCAs, I feel the urge to vote like mad for the sole reason that I so badly need to see Yvonne Strahovski and Zachary Levi on my TV again. Also for CHUCK to win some sort of award for 5 awesome years. Gonna go pretend like I’m a teen and vote now…

3. Elizabeth says:

I’ll say it: “Linda Hunt Eyes Back-to-Back Wins in Teen Choice Awards” is the best entertainment news headline EVER. Go Hetty!

• ChrisGa says:

Haha, I love Linda Hunt and Hetty, who happens to be the best thing about the both NCIS shows(although the Kenzie/Deeks flirtation on L.A. is a close second).

4. ZmaX says:

How did Linda Hunt win the Choice TV Actress: Action award last year?

I doubt teens all around America even know who Linda Hunt is.
    She beat out Maggie Q, Yvonne Strahovski, Lyndsy Fonseca, and Grace Park?
    I’m sure they chose her because it just seems so funny having her in a category w/ all of these kick-ass women (not that Linda Hunt isn’t “kick-ass” in her own way lol) I wonder if she’ll win again.

5. Steph says:

even though I’m thrilled about NCIS LA but about the original NCIS?? smh…

6. Where’s Castle?!?! :-/ x

7. Nan says:

what about Castle? Bones is in but not Caskett…ble stupid awards

• madbengalsfan85 says:

A very surprising omission indeed…rather Castle be nominated rather than Touch

• Megan.N says:

Maybe they didn’t want Nathan Fillion winning over Ian somerhalder, like it did at the Peoples Choice Award :D Don’t get me wrong I love V-diaries but Castle is much more better in SOOOO many ways(better acting). Ian maybe hotter but not better than Nathan……nuff said.

• Jude says:

Considering that pudgy old NathanFillion has got to be at least 20 years older than Ian Somerhalder he had better be a slightly better actor. Thought these were ‘teen’ choices….. why would teens pick someone older than most of their fathers ??

8. Ann says:

Glee and Chris Colfer!!

9. Colleen says:

Linda Hunt nominated again for a Teen Choice Award makes this the best awards show EVER, second year running.

10. Sam says:

Even though it would probably embarrass him to win (lmao), I REALLY want Penn to get the award! Love him!

11. Jess says:

wow the tv portion’s pretty easy. Fanatasy – Fringe across the board; Comedy – TBBT across the board; Action – Chuck across the board; Drama – Revenge and emily van camp. Done and done.

12. Megan.N says:

Its sad how Castle was not nominated! It should have been nominated at least for one category. Who cares , they can win a Peoples Choice instead, to me thats more important than a Teen Choice award.Good for Bones and Chuck though. Didn’t Yvonne and Zac win for best actress and actor last year?

• Shaun says:

Think Castle runs to the older crowd

• MeganN says:

I don’t think so! I’m 17 and i now tons of ppl my age who know and love castle! I think Wut u maybe implying Is that it’s a more mature show so therefore does not belong to be nominated for a people’s choice. I dont know y touch is nominated for the drama category

• baba says:

Uh, no. Castle is no less popular than Bones, cult-favorite Chuck, and Nikita from the audience-deprived CW. If you compare Castle’s 18-49 ratings to that of other shows on the nomination list, it still beats them. Castle skews old if you take into consideration the 18-49 ratings (2.0-2.5) in proportion to its weekly number of viewers (10-12 millions), but compared to other shows? No. Castle beats all of them in the ratings and viewership.

And Touch? What the….

It all comes down to the TCA committee.

• Lev says:

No, Zac and Yvonne won the year prior to that, 2010. I hope they win this year, although I doubt it because they will have zero heat because the show isn’t returning.

• MeganN says:

I loved the show but now looking back at it I cannot believe I was actually obssessed with it. It was that bad ! But I’m def rooting them though

• baba says:

I’m rooting for Yvonne Strahovski. Like you, I was obsessed with Chuck. I was looking back of all the Chuck DVDs (every season) I own the other day, and I realize how bad it has gotten over the year. Season one was still the best to me. Nonetheless, I’m glad the series had the chance to wrap.

13. Marc says:

Better do a re-count, bud. The Vampire Diaries leads everyone with SIX nominations. Don’t leave out Male Hottie: Ian Somerhalder (TVD).

14. m2 says:

Last year it was a joke how can an elderly lady beat Maggie Q in the Action category, I don’t watch that show, but Im sure she doesn’t do her own stunts like Maggie and even Lyndsy…

15. bad kevin says:

Disappointed that Kat Dennings & Beth Behrs of 2 Broke Girls were snubbed at this year’s TCA. :-( :-(

16. Miles says:

Bones, Fringe and The Vampire Diaries all with lots of nominations… Now that is what I like to see! :D

17. Scarlett says:

Fringe and Chuck all the way! But sometimes I wonder if voting in these silly awards are even worth my time because the odds are NEVER in our favor since most teens tend to love vampires and whatnot and not quality actors/television.

18. Emma says:

I find it weird that Nina Dobrev isn’t nominated for choice female hottie. I mean she is gorgeous and really popular atm. Did they learn nothing from the fact that she was a late write in nomination for the people’s choice and won it. Odd.

19. S says:

Totally voting for SMG for Ringer!

20. April says:

Chris O’Donnell? He deserved this year! always LL Cool J =/

21. Marcus says:

Am I the only one confused by the eligibility period for this show? If Scotty McWhatever and Lauren Alaina are nominated for 2011’s American Idol, and Kiefer Sutherland is nominated for 2012’s Touch, this means that the eligibility period is around 18 months, which doesn’t make sense for an awards show. Help?

• Marcus says:

To better explain, Sutherland’s nom for a current series means that THIS year’s crop of Idol’s should be nominated, not LAST year’s group.

22. bad kevin says:

Case you didn’t know by now, Nina Dobrev of Vampire Diaries wasn’t even nominated for Choice Female Hottie this year ’cause she got the nod last year. Guess Miss Dobrev is one of TV’s hottest young actresses but not as hot when she was on Degrassi before TVD.

23. reza says: