It's Official: Game Over For Tia Mowry, Pooch Hall

The Game Pooch Hall Tia MowryThe Game is losing two key players.

Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall, who portrayed married couple Melanie and Derwin, will not be returning to the BET series as regulars for Season 6, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

“As a result of Pooch’s involvement on a new project [Showtime’s Ray Donovan], BET is in the process of reworking the casting and storyline of the show,” the network said in a statement. “While we will miss the incredible adventures of Melanie and Derwin on The Game, we appreciate all of their hard work, the laughs and wish them both the best on their future endeavors.”

The network is hopeful that both actors “will make several guest appearances.”

Mowry broke the news of her departure yesterday, tweeting, “Just wanted to let all my fans know that I will not be returning to The Game for Season 6. It was an incredible run and I had lots of fun.”

Back for Season 6 are Wendy Raquel Robinson, Coby Bell, Hosea Chanchez, Brandy Norwood and Barry A. Floyd.

1. amiee says:

There’s no point without Melanie and Derwin…

• Unique says:

The show will be very boring without Mel and Derwin’s drama. Bet’s writers will have to get very creative over the summer if they expect the show to survive season 6. The show is all about the viewers who watch the show. Once you forget about what the people want to see you will lose your audience. Get Busy writing. Jason and Brandy’s character could make the show interesting. Haven’t decided yet if I will continue watching the show yet.

• Quenton says:

The show used to be funny and actually a comedy about the off-field lives of a set of imaginary pro football players but after all the hype died down about the new season on BET the show sound be on the Oxygen channel or Soap channel. No offense to the remaining cast but technically none of them would be football players on the show about football players.

• SDS says:

I agree the with Quenton’s comment. When the show moved to BET, it changed. It moves more like a soap opera than it’s original comedic flavor on the WB. I’m going to miss the Derwin and Melanie drama. Every character on the show brought a unique flavor. I was disappointed when BET got rid of Brittany Daniels aka Kelly Pitts. I stopped watching the show after the 4th episode of this past season. BET tried but failed in my opinion.

• dac says:

I agree that Tia and Pouch’s characters carried the show. I also missed Kelly Pitts star and seems to be a trend in losing the charaters that carried the show. I loved the melodrama-comedy that made the show entertaining. I hope Tia and pouch character will be carried out in the first season and reappearing at the end of the season once the producers of the show finally realize they should of used better judgement in trying to work around the two characters. Tia amd Pouch will be greatly missed and I know it will effect many like myself from watching the show

• Ann says:

You stated what I was thinking. I like all the characters and each play off one another for that balance on the show. How can there be “The Game” without Mel and Der’s drama. We need them like we need Jason blunt but funny wit; Tosha’s ghetto but wisdom from life experiences; and Malik arrogance, but carefulness when it comes to groupies. Each character has had a reality check this last season that ended pretty good. Now that I know that the drama couple are not comming back, I am not looking forward to watching anymore seasons like I have done every season since the show aired.

• Lady J says:

I totally agree!!! How can you write the two main characters out of the show? I really don’t think the other caharacters’ story lines can carry the show. I was already a little skeptical about watching the show because of how the writer’s at BET completely changed the characters and story line from the original show; now me and the ladies in my “The Game” watch party are considering not watching the show. We’ll see how everything plays out.

• mickey says:

I have a party too!and we will be considering not to watch it either.They need to bring them back or they will lose a lot of fans!!!!!There know game without them.

• mary wilson says:

i agree. whats the point in a season 6 without mel and derwin. offer them more money. they carried the freakin show. You can bet money if u dont bring them back it want be a season 7. If the network doesn’t pull the freakin plug on season 6. For whats it worth we will miss you pooch and tia. Please come back.

• Cherryl says:

The “Game” will do just great. Brandy has a huge following. I can’t wait for it to start!!!!

• dno says:

Brandy needs to go .. not right for the show… singing might be her thing..not the game messing up the ratings on both sides.

• claudi says:

i know they are the ones who made the show

• Janea says:

I know right, I think I’m going to stop watching the game.

• DL says:

I agree completely – – they were the spinoff couple from Girlfriends, and the center of the entire show…

• chocolatedrop says:

It definately was a spin off from Girlfriends and how do you lose that show..sometimes actors be tripping as well (toni). I think that you the show definately needs that “corky humor” from Derwyn the show needs his character to balance….TIa is just tia she can be replaced. It seems like as much begging as the fans did and how this show was so hard to get back rolling they could have considered the fans and how much we love them than to just walk away.

• Carolyn Heron says:

This show wont’s survive w/o Tia and Pouch…sorry they take them off.. we wont watch…plain and simple

• Nandina Lawson says:

I really do love the full cast and everyone does a great job individually but collectively The Game is what it because of everyone, without Tia and Pooch: the show will not be better than what it was. The game is like a beautiful display cake, (you cant touch it)

• Pat says:

I agree there won’t be a need to watch IMO.

• netta says:

The show wont be right with out them playing in it. There is no point to make it when they are gone.

• LONI1234 says:

GRANTED THE CHARACTERS ARE FICTIONAL BUT THE REALITY OF THE SHOW IS THE STORY LINE. IT IS TIME TO SHOW WENDY, COLBY AND HOSEA AND BRANDY’S CHARACTERS IN ANOTHER DIMENSION TO EVOLVE THE STEREOTYPICAL ROLES SHOW THE REAL LIFE FROM THE VIEW POINT OF MAIN STREAM SOCIETY AND OR ISSUES AFRICAN AMERICANS FACE DAILY… SUCH AS LOOKING FOR A GOOD BLACK MAN, BLACK LOVE, ALCOHOLISM AND POVERTY… WHICH THIS CASE THE SHOW HAS DONE – NAY TO IDEA OF GHETTOISM… WE NOT TO LONG HAVE SEEN OBAMA …..
        YES TIA AND POOCH WERE INTERESTING BUT THERE WAS NO GROWTH LEFT FOR THEM TO HAVE A BABY………LET’S EMBRACE THE SHOW AND THE ACTORS NOT TO LONG AGO THERE WAS ONLY “GOOD TIMES” AND THE “JEFFERSONS” BRAVO FOR NEW IDEAS AND DIRECTIONS.

• Tlynn says:

I certainly agree. Let’s show some loyalty to the Game. Things do come to an end and as much as I love Derwin and Melanie, I think their story hascome to a good and acceptable end. I would love to see guest appearances. They are married and have learned to work through their issues. That is what we all wanted “right”. Let’s support our black shows. LOVE THE GAME…….

• Michele says:

Although I was skeptical. I watched the first episode of season 6. And it really was a great disappointment. I agree brandy needs to go. I don’t know if it’s her acting or her character but she is no Kelly Pitts and not a good fit for the show. The best part and the saddest was saying good bye to pooch. He and Tia are a big part of the game. And I won’t be watching anymore. America is always trying to fix what isn’t broken. Soooo sad!

• Mel says:

i love this comment, i didnt like the idea of tia and pooch leaving but youre so right there was no growth for them and all of the other characters have very good story lines. i was going to say i no longer want to watch it but i think i will now

• mickey says:

YES THEY COULD HAVE GROWN MORE! SO YOU SAY GET MARRIED AND HAVE SOME MONEY AND YOU CAN NO LONGER GROW THAT WHAT’S WRONG WITH US NOW.SHE COULD ADVANCE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD,HE COULD START A BUSINESS OR OWN A TEAM.SO LET BE REAL YOU CAN ALWAYS REACH FOR THE STARS.AND AS FOR THE REST OF THE CAST THEY ARE GOOD, BUT THEY NEED TO GET RID OF BRANDY SHE DON’T FIT THE SHOW.OR GO BACK TO ACTING SCHOOL.YES WE NEED TO SUPPORT OUR BLACK SHOWS BUT THEY WILL NEED TO DO ALOT OF FIXING IN THE STORY LINES CAUSE THE ONES THE OTHER MAIN CHARACTERS HAVE ISN’T WORKING.AND TAKE THAT BRANDY OUT

• ALEWIS says:

BS! BET HAS NOT MADE THIS SHOW BETTER , IF ANYTHING THEY TOOK IT AND CHOPPED IT INTO PIECES,I WILL NO LONGER WASTE MY TIME AS A VEIWER.

• mj says:

I agree with commentary. The next big super couple will be Coby’s & Brandy’s characters. So BET needs to step up if they want to continue success with this show. Also I hope they plan to re-kindle Rick Fox and Wendy Robinson role again because they too were a great couple that managed to break headlines and keep me as well as others glued to BET.

• INH says:

I TOTALLY AGREE! I’M GOING ON STRIKE JUST LIKE I DID WITH A&E’S BREAKOUT KINGS WHEN THEY KILLED LAZ ALONSO’S CHARACTER OFF!!!

• Cocomarios says:

My sentiments exactly. The main reason most people continue to watch certain shows because they build a connection with the characters and the people who play the characters. Once the main reason for me watching the is no longer there what is the point. Case in point if your watching a show like ABDC or The X-Factor and the person/group you like gets eliminated your interest tends to fade and you no longer anticipate the next show.I an no longer interested in the Game or any other characters on it.

• LONI1234 says:

GOING ON STRIKE BECAUSE ONE OR TWO CHARACTERS ARE WRITTEN OUT ONLY PROMOTES UNEMPLOYMENT FOR THE CAST AND CREW OF THE SHOW…LAST TIME I LOOKED THERE ARE NOT TOO MANY AFRICAN- AMERICANS’ AND OR MINORITIES SHOWS ON TELEVISIONS…… YES, THERE ARE ROLES FOR MINORITIES BUT, LOOK AT THEM …… PLAYING THE SIDE KICK WITH HUMOR AND FOOLISHNESS……. THE RATING ARE IMPORTANT TO THE SHOW SO, IT BEHOOVES PEOPLE TO CONTINUE WATCHING “THE GAME” SO, PEOPLE CAN CONTINUE WORKING.

• MsT says:

Why are you yelling? Your comments are acceptable but it seems as if you are trying to force them down our throats. Please use some decorum.

• ALEWIS says:

BS! GIive The People What They Want , This Is Not About Race,So Please Let’s Not Pull The Race Card. The Show’s Core Charactes’s Were Cut ,And Not Because It Was The Decision The
            Actors.Bottom Line If You Don’t Like It ,Then You Don’t Have To Watch It.Do Feel Compelled To Do So . Fact Is BET Needs To Understand That It’s All About The Veiwes……PS I AM YELLING AS WELL.

• Harlem says:

If they want ratings then they should appeal to their fans and give us the characters that we enjoy.

• Black Canadian says:

Why should people continue watching a show if they disagree with the removal of the cast. It’s freedom of right. It makes no sense to watch a show you don’t like anymore just to keep strangers employeed. If it’s a good show still it will get ratings. Personally I’m done cuz I really like Melanie. I do not feel bad being black and not watching a black show. If it was good, I would watch. Scandal has a black female character and it’s doing we’ll. you cannot simply watch a show to keep the ‘minorities’ on.

• liyah says:

im upset and angry but they will countinue to shine…… booo

• VTH says:

Here we go again!!!:(….This always happens “Just when the going gets good, somebody gotta take it away!” How do you expect us to watch The Game without seeing Mel (Tia Mowry) and Derwin (Pooch Hall)? Who ever the writers or producers are who have say so, should really be fighting right now to make this right. I mean can we get better writers too. People fought and rallied for this show for a reason, not because the writers had good stories, but, because they had good actors and actresses to portray the story. “Don’t do this to us again??!!!” Yes we love the rest of the characters, but Mel and Derwin’s drama drew the attention because alot of people can see themselves whether they went through it already or going through it right now.”DON’T DO THIS TO YOUR SHOW….GET THEM BACK!!!!” Go straight to the Corporate Office if you have to!!!!

• teesha says:

I love the game and to be honest Mel and Derwin made me so excited to rush home from work to watch. what i loved most about their story line is that it was relatable for me. i do however like the direction of Jason and chardennay. Please developed these characters and just maybe there can be life on the game after Mel and Derwin.

• Latarsky says:

I agree about Tia and Pooch they need to write them back in the show because Brandy is not a good actress. I hate they got rid of Kelly

• Dmissvida says:

I think they should consider Jason Weaver as a cast member. He is really funny. I think he would bring some much needed humor to the show.

• jessica jones says:

I only watch the show because of Jason. They need to make him the start of the show because it would be a whole lot funnier if he was it more scenes. Tia and pooch’s characters were boring and corny. I hated them when they got on BET. so I am so glad they will not be on.

• LISA says:

I LOVE THE GAME AND WILL BE REAL INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THEY KEEP IT INTERESTING WITH OUT ROOKIE AND MED SCHOOL. GOTTA LOVE TASHA THOUGH THAT’S MY GIRL

• lit7752 says:

Why do you think your views requested the show to.return? I understand the game changes but you have taken out two key player

• Disappointed says:

I totally agree…. I’m done with the show without Melanie and Derwin although I do love Tasha!!!

• Casper says:

I love melanie and derwin they make the show they are the reason I watch the show

• Mercedes says:

The show wont be the same without Melanie and Derwin. To be honest thats the only reason i watched it. They were and are the main characters, taking them away will only make the ratings go down. Women like me watched the show to see Pooch and Tia. Idk if ill watch season 6, it depends on the script.

• Mercedes says:

Agreed

• Lolo says:

I agree completely. Derwin and melanie were my favorite characters, and I think the game will be less entertaining without them.

• shella01 says:

I KNOW RIGHT the show is going to be boring and pointless. Changing the people is going to ruin the show.

• Meg says:

Totally agree!

• trinity says:

you are totaly right.. it better still better be good the game is my my favorite soap oprah.. melanie is my favorite who cares if pooch stars in a new movie no offense but they could of found a new derwin.

• Jennifer says:

I agree with you about finding a new Derwin. I like Pooh Hall playing the role, but that was his personal decision if he wanted to leave. It doesn’t mean get rid of the other half of a dynamic duo. It wasn’t Tia’s decision to leave. It was an executive decision based on the fact that Melanie’s part would be pointless without Derwin…so, get another Derwin, case closed. Now I see that Derwin (Pooch) will be in season 6 after all, but still no Melanie (Tia). Or is this girl from ATL playing the part of Melanie. We know all good things come to an end, so don’t discount the show just yet And people don’t be so upset with BET for making a decision they felt would be wisest at the time. With Pooch leaving, if BET had immediately decided to recast him with someone else, then everyone would be complaining “you can’t put Tia with someone else”, or “ooh, I don’t like his as Derwin. Only Pooch can play him”. So let’s give BET a chance and see where the story line goes this season. If you’re not happy after the 3rd or 4th show, then base your viewing decision on that. I don’t like the character Brandy is playing, especially that name Chardonnay, I hate the way Pitts treated Kelly, and I hate they took Kelly off, but that hasn’t stopped me from viewing the show completely. I just DVR (TiVo) it & if I don’t like what I’m watching I delete or turn until a rainy day when nothing else is on. Just like you don’t want to prejudge, don’t prejudge others and give it a try.

• Lisa says:

Yup im not watchin it anymore

• MsE says:

They could always do what the twins did as kids, play each others parts. The show wont be the same at all.

• mikala says:

im going to miss u melanie

• mikala says:

im goin to stop watchin that probley

• Lennie says:

No game without them bring them back!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pOochie says:

I don’t think the story line of the game will be as good as past season’s without Derwin and Melony! They were what this show is about can’t replace their characters!

• ok i really think this show is going to be boring no it might now be so boring because we have tasha and malik but there is these nex characters that just comes into this show probably trying o take up the spot for tia and pooky and i don’t want to see that. I want to see how melaine and derwin relationship turns out i want to see the people who i am familiar with seeing from since season 1 so watching this new season might not have me dying to come back the next week immediately to watch it

• y pooh i
      cry please come back

• brianna simms says:

love the new show, didnt think i would but as long as we dont forget about my favorite (guest appearances) it looks like the show is gonna do SOOOO GREAT

• Tatyana Taylor says:

Alot of people didnt like the way Melanie and Derwin, Neither did I. Why they cant ever just be happy? I think we should ask someone to make a movie about Melanie and Derwin and give them a happy ending maybe a childs. and give her a better ending them what The Game gave us .

2. chrisjroof says:

Any word on Brittany Daniel returning as Kelly Pitts? They kept saying this year she was taking a “leave” and wasn’t actually off the show.

3. It’s One Tree Hill all over again but this time the show wont last without its two main key players

4. ed says:

hmmmm tia has a twin sister doesnt she…… call her up! :)

5. Lew says:

Ugh! This is depressing..BET you are really messing up. First Kelly Pitts and now this..its time to cancel the show

6. latasha says:

This was my favorite show but now that the two main players are leaving I am to…y’all really need to make it work with them

7. Amber says:

BET really messed this show up. I wish someone else had picked it up instead.

• Shae Barton says:

BET ruined this show; Malik a dope head, Tasha a sex slave livin in a hotel. Jason spendin money & dating black women. Melanie & Derwin threw all morales & values out the window. BET protrayed them all as ni**as wit money. This entire season was a total disappointment….

• Lady J says:

You are so right!! Leave it to BET to mess up a perfectly good show. I am not sure who they have writing the show, but they need to be fired. I was really embarrassed when I heard a lot of the characters using stereotypical comments. There are still a lot of black people who are happily married, educated, not on drugs, and who can engage in a casual relationship with a member of the opposite sex without paying for sex. I think a lot of the comments and actions on the show this season, were demeaning to blacks. BET (Black Execution Tv) needs to get it together!!!

• Daydreamer12 says:

I totally agree with you, but as you know it wouldn’t be too long before black people would be portrayed as the stereotypes.

• Ola says:

My thought exactly …. Took the words right out of my mouth. They made this show ghetto. They should have just let this show alone where it ended with UPN, they had better scripts, BET just ruined it.

• Taylor says:

I agree! I still watch, but its definitely not the show I fell in love with. It used to be humorous, now its just so, so…dark! They slaughtered the characters making “innocent and nieve” Melanie into a “get around girl.” Derwin, po’ Derwin…lol

• A says:

I agree, if another network had picked up the show, I believe Tia and Pooch would have stayed.BET does not believe in
      paying an actor or actress what they are worth.

8. Gee says:

Why would they do that when they are the main couple and the show revolves around them?

9. Chalice93 says:

Yeah, I’m done with this show after they leave. My only hope is these two get a happy ending, they deserve it.

10. Rhythm Nation says:

So we know why Derwin is leaving but what about Melanie? She probably wouldn’t have that reality show if it wasn’t for The Game which helped renew interest in her.

• Sandy says:

AGREED!

• Jennifer says:

According to what was on 106 Park tonight, the show called Tia and advised they wouldn’t be bringing her back this season. My guess is since Pooch had another project, they didn’t want to recast him, and to have Melanie stay around without Derwin made no sense. Now Derwin is staying but no Melanie unless she is being recast by the girl from ATL. Le somebody…

11. mimi says:

Without Derwin & Melanie thete is no Game…simply put game over for me and the majority of your loyal viewers from day 1. To keep us loyal and dedicated viewers, simply meet their demands or give them a hefty bonus. They are worth it and they’ve more than earned it. One more thing, bring back the original Kelly Pits(w/great storyline) and put het back with Jason. Brandy’s great, but she & Malik would have awesome chemistry!

12. Donna says:

I like Jason and Brand together. When they are not on the show, it’s not as entertaining. I think their storyline is very compelling. I’d like to see them be the main characters. Also, liking Tasha with new love/old friend. Would also be interested in seeing Malik trying to have a relationship with the model and them both working to overcome their addictions.

Finally, in terms of the Derwin & Mel, I think their story was getting old. Really, Mel changed a lot and not for the good..I could not understand why she did not pursue her medical career. Maybe, the story can have her go to MD (that’s were Johns Hopkins is located) or DC area for her career and they have long distance marriage or Derwin get’s traded??

Anyway, I’m not giving up on this show yet! Look forward to where they take it next season.

• chrisjroof says:

I am in the same boat with the end of this. I am interested in seeing where the show is going, but honestly Tia was the draw for me watching. They were my favorite part of the show and I am not sure how it will go…

• j says:

Ironically that’s what happened! Lol

• Mo says:

I agree……

• Jennifer says:

Agreed, but sadly there are many women who have or will give up their careers for their spouse…it’s called love. There is nothing wrong with that as long as the person giving it up WANTS to, not because they feel guilty. I could see the show offering Melanie a top position in a San Diego hospital, and she is thrilled because it will take the couple back to their friends and the Sabers. But also doing something in the storyline that has Derwin & Melanie having to raise D.J (maybe the mom passes away).

• Game fan says:

I feel same way. Melanie and derwin made the show had me looking forward to watching. Also tasha is a gret character also shes funny and with her the show could have hope. But the 3 of them is what really drew my attention to the game. I feel it a be boring without them. So I understand why people wanna stop watching but ill say this to all fans of last season at least see how new seasonn goes. Lets not be all negative about it.

13. susola says:

One has to seriously wonder, since the pilot of the show was totally about Derwin & Mel, how can the show go on without their characters? Not gonna watch them try to do it.

14. Shadana Shaw says:

The Game should definitely bring back Kelly’s character for season 6 and it would be right on time. I personally thought Melanie and Derwin character’s story line was getting boring, no fault of their’s, writing; however, this really was the beginning of the end to a show that dynamics had changed for the worse. I watched a few episodes, but quickly realized that the intangibles that made the show funny and fresh where no longer there. Its better for Tia and Pooch to go out on top because if BET can not come back with better supporting casts and great story lines the show will be canceled after season 6 anyway. Just my humble opinion America! P.S. Chardonnay was a great addition! I love Brandy’s character!

15. dvmom says:

Oh well, The Game is officially…..over.

16. Mel/Derwin story line was moving entirely too slow.I enjoyed their characters just wish the writing was better for them.The only thing entertaining right now is the jason/chardonnay story line.Throw Kellys character into that mix and they might be able to keep some audience. Whatever happens the show is coming to an end unless BET can get it together and realize what the core audience loved about the show before BET.The characters used to be relateable but in the words of Tasha Mack everyones “bouchie” now

17. anon says:

GAME over. Read the Akil page they hope to apease the fans by doing a proper send off next season . Hopefully, the 5th season finale she will go to John Hopkins and he will follow , because Tuesday ep showed he cant live without her. Maybe in the 6th season they will announce them finding out she is pregnant , having a baby and he will be sucess with another team. Finally , the Akils can

18. anon says:

If the Akils give them a happy ending then it will be a first with them . Joan on girlfriends neva found true happiness.

19. The show has become ignorantl. Tasha is ignorant and so is
    Brandy. I will not watch the show again. The show took a different spin off.

20. Dan says:

I’m SOO Happy that Pooch Hall is Leaving The Game!! I know him in real life, when you get to know him, hes very cold hearted and closed minded (not a hater or anything)!! Fans- DO NOT Be fooled by his acts on the show!! Real life and on the show are completely different personality.

21. Tina says:

I think the show was built around Melanie and Derwin’s character and it won’t be the same without them. Don’t know if I’ll continue watching. The writers will have to come up with some really good story lines, because even with the dry shows they’ve been putting out, I still watched the show faithfully. Don’t like Brandy’s character. Jason dating a black girl? Ok! But you went overboard with the stereotype. Rolling neck, weave, named after a drink, and wears necklace with her entire name on it. Really??

22. Anonymous says:

There is no game without Melanie and derwin….might as well cancel the show now….the storyline was already getting ridiculous…no way to save it now….

23. Mrs. Brooks says:

I love Mel and Derwin!!! I not going to able to watch it without them. Tasha mess up love life is not that intresting!!

24. Aliahya says:

omg, game over it was a good run

25. Keicee says:

Nooooo , The game Is Melanie & derwin , please dont let them leave , renew there contracts or let tamera do the show !

26. lisno07 says:

Everything must change grow expand and the “stars” have launched but the writers are the substance I have faith the show will remain great Go Tasha Mack Boom !

27. Brittany says:

“The Game” wont even be worth watching without Derwin and Melanie. Their messy love story and dramatic but hilarious changes and maturation keep me watching. I mean I might stick around to see where Jason and Chardonnay go, but, if Britney and Kelly dont show up I don’t think I’ll watch.

28. Rosa says:

Oh necks no, we know what time it is NOW! time to CANCEL the SHOW! I’m sad :(

29. Donn Smith says:

Aww its sad to know their leaving the show, but HEY OH WELL!!!! I LOVE JASON & CHARDONNAY <3 <3 Im looking forward to seeing the next season….#still a fan

30. Denise says:

This is totally rediculous. Melanie and Derwin were the main characters and why aren’t you hearing what the viewers are saying. We want them to stay on the show. I like Chardonney with Jason. Please do not take these characters away or split them up. But I am not sure if I will keep watching at this point. If you don’t listen to your viewers then the show is doomed!

31. mya reed says:

it is funny how The Game moved to BET they took the same entire cast, and the same writers and the show sucked

this is the same people who produced Girlfriends.
    when Toni Childs (Jill Marie Jones) left the show it sucked

when kelly pitts (Brittay Daniels) left the show it sucked
    this show has ran it’s course
    this show can kick rocks with open toe shoes
    Let’s Stay Together is pretty good. I will keep watching that

the Game messed up when the 4th season premiered and it did not start where it left off
    If I was the writer

Tasha would have been getting up off the floor from the slap from kelly
    melanie and derwin just got married

what happened to Malik sister poochie
    where was rick fox this season
    T.T character was different 4th and 5th season
    they changed britt brat

they should have kept it simple

32. Geoffrey Toler says:

Maybe BET should take a lesson when the game left CW. People wanted to see the entire cast. Not just a few. they identifeid with Derwin and Melanie as well as the other cast members. I for on wil not watch if they are gone. It’s not like BET is loaded with shows that people want to see.

33. karen calloway says:

I love da game but gotta c how dis ending gonna b if I’m still watching

34. Pilar Leema says:

The show was already going in the wrong direction when kelly left the show. Melanie and Derwin’s relationship had reached its peak. The only thing interesting about them was Derwin’s baby mama drama. Without them in the show really won’t make a diffrence. Tasha will noy be able to carry the show. I love her character but its annonying after a while. I absolutely love love love Brany’s role in the show. Now that’s a great addition. Kelly needs to come back.

35. Sad Margie says:

It’s really sad that another really great show has gone down the tubes. Girlfriends was given got bad break after Toni Childs left and I am afraid the same will happen when Mel and Derwin leave. There are far too many reality shows on these days and to lose another series like this is heart breaking. I already don’t watch much television…I guess it’s strictly going to be the news now :^( Good luck BET.

36. Josh says:

She might as well bounce. She’s been whining all season and now we gotta put up with another Tia and Tamera Reality Show. If you waste any moment of your life watching the boring whiny nothing ever really accomplished daily lives of these two retarded twins then you should just kill yourself now…it would definitely be better use of your time. They were cute when they were young. Now they are pathetic. Take a page from the Olsen Twins and mature/develop a new brand of Mowery Entertainment

• sara says:

Firstly, Josh, Tia and Tamera Mowry are no where near boring and you need to take a page from reality and place your negative comments up a hole where no one can see them, preferably the anus. Lastly if you don’t like the reality show then don’t watch it or do you not have the necessary brain function to make that obvious link. Oh and I forgot to mention you go mature and develop and while doing so get some help to solve your retarded condition where you feel that you can say anything about anyone. Is that clear enough for you Josh? or should i repeat it! Btw if you didnt understand you can simply read it over again and take a dictionary for moral support a** hole!

And the The GAME will never be the same without Tia and Pooch

37. nicole says:

Oh wow bet is just messing up all the way now it will never be da same without pooch n tia…… dats really crazy……. imma just stop watchin it

38. LAM says:

Personally the show has sucked since 4th season if you ask me! Tia is supposed to have a freakin Doctorate in Medicine and sits around having sunbeam meetings really! Kelly should have stayed on the show she made it funny and Derwin’s character is very selfish. The characters have not developed since the end of 3rd season and as the others have said they have made this the typical stereotypical black folks characters. Too ghetto for me so I say just end it next Tuesday and be done!

• Patricia Cruz says:

I totally agree with everyone here!!!THE SHOW IS NOW GHETTO…JUST LIKE BET!

• Shae says:

Who u tellin!!! I am sooo DONE!!!

• Taylor says:

I agree that the show’s storyline took a slight dive several seasons ago, but something kept us watching! I don’t think its fair to say negative comments about the actors/actresses outside of their fictitous characters! We definitely shouldn’t have anything bad to say about Black Entertainment Television. B.E.T is the network that gave blacks and other minorities the opportunity to be showcased in the entertainment industry when doors were closed to them through other channels. Do they need to go back to the drawing board, take the show back to season one and two as far as creativity and the feel of the show…yes! Maybe those with opinions should “respectfully” write letters stating your concerns to the network…let your voice be heard in a constructive way!

• Jennifer says:

There are lots of people with degrees that aren’t using them. Many women choose to support their spouses by giving up their careers; however they do even better work by giving of their time to various charities & organizations which isn’t always an easy task. So I say kudos to her for supporting her husband. Yes, just like a majority of people in the world, many times he is selfish, but he ultimately realizes he CAN NOT be without his Melanie, and he comes around just like we saw in the end of season 5. Finally, a freal marriage always has room to grow, especially if the couple wants to grow

39. Shae says:

When Girlfriends got rid of Tony, see what road that lead down..”A DEAD END”.. Goodbye BET on to VH1… I tried to support as long as I could… My last watch of that station is this Tuesday, SEASON FINALE of “The Game” and “Lets Stay Together”

40. Dianna says:

I agree the show is changed drastically since it was on the CW. Kellys character should be brought back to cause a little drama and I love Tee Tee!! He cracks me up so they should give him more storylines! Im sad the show just doesnt seem like it will last much longer!

41. normarae says:

I think it sucks that so many fans fought for the show to come back on and now the two main chracters are walking away, ( it was bad enough when kelly left) but these last shows were terrible this season anyway but all I have to say is I hope they (especially tia) know what they are doing its already hard for black actresses and actors to get big roles in hollywood and the show with her sister is soo boring she may want to rethink leaving.

42. J. Antoinne says:

I have not watched a full season since the move to BET. When the fourth season premiered, I was very confused as to what I had just watched. There was NO cohesion from the third to the fourth season. I’m surprised people still watch it since I don’t hear too many people saying that it’s their favorite show anymore. They’re smart to leave it before it gets cancelled.

43. Lafonso Jones says:

With Tia & Pooch leaving the show I really don’t think the show is going to make it. Yeah tasha mac and malik and teetee are funny characters but the show was basically about mel and derwin. Remember when the the pilot episode aired it revolved around mel and derwins new life in San Diego. But good luck to rest of the cast sorry to say I will not be watching season 6

44. wyshay busby says:

The game,is out of line for that BS I love the hold intire cast but TIA and POOCH is my favorite cause of how there relationship is on the show I love them…

45. Now that I’ve read the remaining cast members will still be on, I haven’t decided that I will continue watching. I am SO hurt. I have followed The Game from it’s backdoor/pilot episode when Derwin was played by that darkskin guy & Kelly was some older looking blonde. o_O I have tuned in faithfully, not missing ONE episode Friday nights on CW and petitioned like hell for somebody’s network to the pick the show up. Although I was estatic in leiu of the show’s return, I must say I was completely disappointed that it was going to BET. I fell in love with this show and it’s characters; I have to honestly admit that I am NOT ready to dismiss the characters from my imagination. It’s been 5 crazy seasons and I simply am NOT ready to retire this love. I wish the show could’ve gotten taken on by ANY other network, BUT BET. I KNEW it was gonna be drama as soon as the release said their name, not to mention that whack ass 10 episode return of a supposed “4th season.” I HATE BET!

• Tmomma says:

I totally agree…….Not like it use to be! I have followed it also….I never made it pass the 2nd episode since its been on BET…very disappointing..I watch re-runs after re-runs on my Netlix, & laugh like I hadnt already seen it! It use to be so real & sooooo funny….It wasnt great when Aldois played Derwin & that ugly woman played Kelly,,,,,but when they got it right it was awesome….I petitioned as well & was so very disappointed that they changed that great show! I’d rather stick to my re-runs of the 1st 3 seasons! The atmosphere is not inviting,,,its so dark & dramatic!

46. creativewriter says:

Though I will miss Derwin, I think show will and can survive inasmuch I believe imo there are plenty story angles in which they could take show. And for record after 3 season Tasha character and love became way better sub plot than derwin and melody saga which has run it’s course….they together now what more drama can go thru together? I will watch season six and I would hope real Game supporters will do the same.

47. Zellenar says:

No matter what I’m still supporting the Game and will continue to watch as long as the rest of the cast is there and BET bring in some new stars the story line is what count. I like Pooch and Tia but the show must continue.

• V. C. Cosfo says:

Thank you for such a positive comment. I am very happy that Tia and Pooch characters DID NOT end in divorce. I really did like the finale and plan to give the next season a chance. However, I do hope that during some of the episodes we hear positive things about the lives of Malanie and Derwin”s characters. HOORAY that they (Tia and Pooch) may make ocassional guest appearances. I will be right there watching. Let’s give Malik a real love interest that will mature. Malik needs love!!!!

48. bxan says:

sighs ..I began watching the show because of Tia and Pooch and to be honest since the show moved to BET – the comedy has gone and show has been overthrown by drama- some of which makes no sense at all..with that said ,

I really think that if another season will be aired – then that one should probably be the final one, hopefully Tia and Pooch can make guest appearances to close their character stories and the directors can have all the other characters stories resolved ..

.All the best guys. great show as always – I wish the actors nothing but the best!!

49. netta says:

The show is going to be boring now but jason and brandy may keep it interesting really if.kelly.was to reappear but mel n derwin drama made the show good

50. miss03veda says:

With the ratings and numbers The Game got, there was no reason for BET not to pay the two main people (Tia And Pooch) what they were deserved. BET you are sick. If this is all some twisted ploy to get fans to rally together again to bring the show back, BET, you are definetly are going about it the WRONG way! I always thought BET would cut off their nose inspite of their face, BET didn’t want this show to make it. Call it my crazy conspiracy, but they know what their doing. Smh, BET WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME WATCHING OR PAYING MY CABLE PROVIDER FOR THEIR STATION IF THE GAME CANCELS. BET, again, your sick.

• xzryil says:

Bet has no control that is why they said they hope they will return for guest appearances. Tia and Pooch wanted more money (rightfully so) and it was not in the budget of the show. The budget controlled by Viacom I am sure.. the same company that owns VH1..MTV CMT and several other stations. Instead of taking it out on BET. We should continue to support the channel if we can because not supporting will give Viacom a reason to scale back even more. While the show posted good ratings it still was not as high as the Jersey Shore or Basketball wives for example so it brings in less money and given the dynamic/makeup of he show that will make it easier for Viacom to nix it completely…putting other actors/actress out of work who were fine with the amount in their contract. Viacom is the reason there is no BET news any more which came on nightly now they have something once a week on Sunday and they use to be a good source to know what was going on the community nationally. Not trying to be snide really just trying to show a different side and maybe for a change we will stick together as community instead of letting them divide and conquer to the point where we have no BET at all. I know T.V. is minimal in what is really important in our lives but BET is not the issue this time.

• Jennifer says:

VERY WELL SPOKEN!!! Just like I said in my post; with Pooch working on another project the company probably made the wisest decision they could. Write the couple out as opposed to recasting Derwin, because it would have made no sense to keep Melanie without Derwin. If they had recast him then we would have complained about that. Be positive and give it a chance before you jump to conclusions, especially since Derwin will be staying for the 6th season.

• Max says:

Maybe we should support TV one. Which is black owned.