Exclusive

Scoop: Nikita Promotes Noah Bean to Regular

Great news, Nikita fans: stalwart CIA agent Ryan Fletcher is here to stay!

TVLine has learned that Noah Bean has officially inked a series regular deal with The CW’s just-renewed spy thriller. (We first reported this casting news back in March.)

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

When asked recently what she thought about the prospect of Bean joining Nikita full-time, star Maggie Q told us, “He’d be such an asset to the show [on a permanent basis].

“These are all different [male characters],” she continued. “You have [Percy], who’s your villain, Birkhoff, who everybody loves and is super-cute, and Michael, the brooding, sexy, leading man. And then you have this beautiful, intelligent, grounded character Ryan Fletcher, which I love… I think he’s great.”

Bean first appeared on Nikita midway through Season 1 and has gone on to guest star in 11 episodes — including this Friday’s finale, airing at 8/7c.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Scoop

1. Tim says:

Guess that means he isn’t one of the ones dying..

• smallville944 says:

nope i am quite confident it will be percy who dies in the finale

• Irishgirl says:

Hmmm…..well, there are two deaths in the finale, so I guess that still leaves Sean as a possibility for the second.

• JJ says:

I’m thinking the other death is Sonya.

• Russ says:

NO! I love the Sonya/Birkhoff moments

• Lena120 says:

Yep, I have to agree. I think it’s Sonya. And if there’s a second, Sean. I knew it wouldn’t be Ryan because they already “killed” him earlier this season. It wouldn’t have as much of an emotional impact if they did it for real this time. It’s like we’ve already gone through the motions.

• My question would be, are they adding a new regular to the cast because their budget increased or to replace a former permanent cast member who is leaving? if so, who is it? I doubt it’ll be Percy since he’s the villain. You don’t replace a villain with a hero, you replace him with another villain.

2. Maureen says:

If they don’t make Devon Sawa a regular too they will be making a huge mistake.

• Nic says:

Yes. Please. This^.

• CJ says:

OMG seriously. I need more Devon Sawa on my TV.

• kernel thai says:

• Alexis says:

Gosh yeah! I was expecting news about Devon Sawa. He NEEDS to be back for Season 3. Owen is my favorite (besides Berkhoff, of course!)

• Lena120 says:

Yes!! I FLOVE Owen. I don’t understand why they’re holding out with him. Is it because both he and Michael are Alpha males? Is it because amongst all the other men in the group, he’s the only one who poses a real threat to Mikita? I think so.

• Kate says:

Owen will never become a regular. A while back there was a Shane West interview in which it was obvious he felt threatened by Devon Sawa’s popularity. Owen may appear in a few episodes per season but no more because they’re afraid people will ship Owen/Nikita.

3. Clay says:

Great news but I’m still waiting to hear about Devon Sawa being promoted to series regular.

4. wordsmith says:

Pretty soon there will be more agents in Niki’s homequarters than there are left in Division. Not that I’m complaining, mind you…

5. Tammy says:

I’d rather they made Devon a regular.

6. penelope says:

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEVON SAWA

7. brandy says:

What about Sean?

8. Nic says:

Noah Bean and Devon Sawa are both hot. Slurp!

9. JC says:

I would love for Owen to be a main character rather than Ryan. The chemistry of Maggie Q and Devon is just hot :)

10. Swarley says:

Am i the only one that thinks Nikita’s[the show] been a little sloppy this season? I mean, there have been multiple episodes that gave me the “duh!” moment, e.g. ‘agents’ waiting to be unarmed, a little slow on execution like it’s clearly rehearshed over and over, etc. It’s just not like the first season where there’s so much thrill coz it was smart and their actions were done with finesse.

• Annie says:

Yes. j/k. I think this season has been uneven but punctuated with many great individual episodes and lots of character building overall. This season has been dense, filled with lots of interesting backstory, even better, unique action sequences, a lot of mythology building. We’ve seen continuity of story and old characters/plotlines from ages ago, popping-up and interwoven pretty seamlessly into the entire Nikita narrative. I think its been a really exciting season.

• Disagreed. I find season 2 much stronger than season 1, especially in the first half of the season. The recent episodes seem rushed, like they were cramming storylines in in case the show got canceled. Other than that, I think it’s been a great season. “Clawback” (2×07) remains a standout of the series.

11. Allison says:

Helloooooooooooooo Maggie…what about Sean?

12. JJ says:

I love Ryan! Yes, we get more Noah Bean.

13. Annie says:

Writer Albert Kim tweeted Devon that they have big plans in store for him in S3. So all is good in Nikitaland.

14. Leo says:

About damn time! He’s a great character on the show.

15. Annie says:

I think its Percy & Roan dying in the finale. All of the Star Wars, Death Star, ‘I am your father’ allusions and easter eggs in the last episode-past season, would suggest an epic build-up and fitting grand finale for Percy. Roan, everyone’s favorite terminator, will go out with his maker :) I think it will be an amazing episode.

• CJ says:

I think it will be Amanda and Roan. No matter what, I am SO excited for this finale, which will be even better knowing the show will be back in the fall!

• smallville944 says:

i disagree i think Amanda will be back for season 3 in control of division again and percy i think will die along with roan cause percy is out of insurance policys and plans and nikita always beats percy where amanda is in hiding and probaly will reappear when percy is out of the picture

• Annie says:

I think Amanda & Ari are making out somewhere in a motel room. lol. Yeah, I think spoilers have been hinting that Amanda will survive til S3. Nikita & Michael are locked in Division. It really points to a Percy/Roan vs. Nikita/Michael showdown for the finale. Everyone else is miles away. I really like Percy/Roan, I’ll miss them. Hopefully this scenario keeps my Birkhoff safe.

• Marci says:

Sadly I think it will be Sonja because it said one from the Nikita team which could be either Sean or Birkoff and another death so it cannot be Percy/Roan they work well together and without Roan Percy has no defense to help him.

16. Carrie says:

Cool. I really like him. I’m glad the show has been renewed.

17. Such great news! I love the character, and agree that he could bring a lot to the show on a regular basis.

18. poptracker says:

Happy for more Ryan, but definitely need Owen as a series regular too and not just a recurring character!

19. Annie says:

I really like Noah Bean/ Ryan. His character still has his earnest idealism and uncorrupted sense of right and wrong. Plus, he’s insanely handsome. I don’t get why more ladies don’t worship this show like TVD because the man-candy quotient is off the charts. Of course, I watch it for the story and the action.

• kalamapolice says:

Just like guys go to Hooters for the chicken wings, we watch Nikita for the action…(just kidding!). It’s an awesome show and the pretty men just make it better. =]

20. Sarah says:

Oh awesome! I just started watching Nikita the other day to be honest. (I’m on 1×17 now). After I heard it was renewed I decided to get on the ball and invest in watching it. I loved this guy from this one episode of Fringe he guest starred in, truth be told, so when he popped up in Nikita I was game for his character. I am glad to hear this. Looking forward to catching up and seeing more of him in the future! :)

• CJ says:

Glad you’ve jumped on board! Nikita is a fabulous show and could use all the fans it can get :) Welcome to the Nikitaverse!

21. kernel thai says:

I think all the recurring roles r strongly acted in Nikita and wouldnt mind seeing any of them expanded. (Owen, Ari, Sean, Roan and Sonya) Good for Ryan.

• Marci says:

Totally agree with you on the recurring roles we need to see more of Roan and the others but think Sonja could be the one killed in the final.

22. Now we need Devon Sawa!!! I need more Owen!! shirtless Owen

23. Izzy says:

He looks like David Bowie, in a very good way.

24. Shaun says:

Prepare to get beaned!!

25. lisa says:

Yes…Ryan will b regular…n I hope Owen..will 2…

26. Ali says:

Sean Pierce > Owen & Fletcher any day

27. Daisy says:

I love Ryan, as long as they do not kill off Birkhoff in the finale this is a great scenario. I think Percy and Sonya will die in the finale.

28. TheLonelyPlace says:

I love me some Fletchy but I fear it’s Birkoff that will die on the finale. Oh no!

29. sparky says:

Better not be Birkoff or Percy!!!

30. joaopedromillan says:

if sean dies i will kill every person on earth.

31. John says:

This news doesn’t bode well for the Sean character…does Nikita really need TWO interchangeable, blandly attractive do-gooders in the cast? Not really…And Sean’s death would propel Alex into Season 3 nicely.

32. Chris says:

It seems pretty obvious Berkhoff is the major death after he planted one on Nikita last episode. That definitely seemed like a goodbye kiss to me. And the show has made a point of showing that Ryan can do computer stuff, so it won’t seem silly when he takes over for Berkhoff next season. And now Ryan’s a regular. I’d rather it be Devon Sawa too though.

• Shaun says:

Are you comparing Birkhoff’s skills to Ryans?Not even close!!I bet Alex has more skills than Ryan.

• shawnhiero says:

i totally forgot the kiss, since they made the last episode like a series final, it would make sense but it’d be an important lost for the story if they were a S3 and that’s the case now, so i have seriously no idea who can possibly die.

but i’d definitely cross my fingers for Sean

33. Scott says:

Uh. Dillon Casey, please. His Sean working with Alex is a great complement to Nikki and Michael.

34. Mikael says:

I hope they don’t kill Sean. Poor Alex, she just can’t get keep a man! First Thomas, then that neighbor guy, and then Sean (IF he actually does die. I don’t know.) I’d rather he didn’t, but I guess they can’t have everyone in a happy couple on the show, and it would lead to more badassery for Alex. I thought this season was good, but I think it took a little too long for Alex to come to her senses and make up with Nikita. They’re much better as a team.

35. kewi says:

YES!! Excited :)

36. Kiara says:

I’d prefer Devon Sawa. I like Ryan but not enough for a series regular.

About death. I’m sure it’s not Alex or Michael and that’s all I care about (little worried about Birkhoff though).

37. Fatima says:

I love how almost everyone is asking for Devin Sawa to become a regular instead of celebrating Ryan becoming one.
    I read in the Huffington that Noan is committed to another series and wont become a regular. I say use that open slot for Devon!

38. mjemma18 says:

Berkhoff/Sonia.. perfect moment!!!

39. de show cnt do without nude…birkoff is here to stay…his skills r xo unique…n ryan n owen r both regulars…..owen ll be more lyke a protective bro to nikita….n ryan i think they av a connection wth nikita…..ur mikita ll surely av prblm nxt sn……alex n sean thy deserve a shot…n percy shld die….nt becoz dnt lv de character i think gogo shld cme to power…n wat abt if mikita r running division n r fightin gogo….rem ts always a grp within a grp dat wat percy said….xoxo…..superb xo i jst wish cw cld promote it de way thy do vampire diaries ……gossip girl n supernatural

40. Erica R says:

wished he was a love interest