Scoop: Nikita Promotes Noah Bean to Regular

Great news, Nikita fans: stalwart CIA agent Ryan Fletcher is here to stay!

TVLine has learned that Noah Bean has officially inked a series regular deal with The CW’s just-renewed spy thriller. (We first reported this casting news back in March.)

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

When asked recently what she thought about the prospect of Bean joining Nikita full-time, star Maggie Q told us, “He’d be such an asset to the show [on a permanent basis].

“These are all different [male characters],” she continued. “You have [Percy], who’s your villain, Birkhoff, who everybody loves and is super-cute, and Michael, the brooding, sexy, leading man. And then you have this beautiful, intelligent, grounded character Ryan Fletcher, which I love… I think he’s great.”

Bean first appeared on Nikita midway through Season 1 and has gone on to guest star in 11 episodes — including this Friday’s finale, airing at 8/7c.

Tags: ,

Comments (68)

• Guess that means he isn’t one of the ones dying..

Comment by Tim – May 16, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nope i am quite confident it will be percy who dies in the finale

Comment by smallville944 – May 16, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hmmm…..well, there are two deaths in the finale, so I guess that still leaves Sean as a possibility for the second.

Comment by Irishgirl – May 16, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m thinking the other death is Sonya.

Comment by JJ – May 16, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • NO! I love the Sonya/Birkhoff moments

Comment by Russ – May 16, 2012 09:23 PM PDT
          • Yep, I have to agree. I think it’s Sonya. And if there’s a second, Sean. I knew it wouldn’t be Ryan because they already “killed” him earlier this season. It wouldn’t have as much of an emotional impact if they did it for real this time. It’s like we’ve already gone through the motions.

Comment by Lena120 – May 17, 2012 08:41 AM PDT
    • My question would be, are they adding a new regular to the cast because their budget increased or to replace a former permanent cast member who is leaving? if so, who is it? I doubt it’ll be Percy since he’s the villain. You don’t replace a villain with a hero, you replace him with another villain.

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 17, 2012 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they don’t make Devon Sawa a regular too they will be making a huge mistake.

Comment by Maureen – May 16, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. Please. This^.

Comment by Nic – May 16, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG seriously. I need more Devon Sawa on my TV.

Comment by CJ – May 16, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1

Comment by kernel thai – May 16, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gosh yeah! I was expecting news about Devon Sawa. He NEEDS to be back for Season 3. Owen is my favorite (besides Berkhoff, of course!)

Comment by Alexis – May 17, 2012 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m missing Owen, where the hell is he? He needs to be back for the finale!!

Comment by Melody Paris – May 17, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes!! I FLOVE Owen. I don’t understand why they’re holding out with him. Is it because both he and Michael are Alpha males? Is it because amongst all the other men in the group, he’s the only one who poses a real threat to Mikita? I think so.

Comment by Lena120 – May 17, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Owen will never become a regular. A while back there was a Shane West interview in which it was obvious he felt threatened by Devon Sawa’s popularity. Owen may appear in a few episodes per season but no more because they’re afraid people will ship Owen/Nikita.

Comment by Kate – May 17, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news but I’m still waiting to hear about Devon Sawa being promoted to series regular.

Comment by Clay – May 16, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty soon there will be more agents in Niki’s homequarters than there are left in Division. Not that I’m complaining, mind you…

Comment by wordsmith – May 16, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather they made Devon a regular.

Comment by Tammy – May 16, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEVON SAWA

Comment by penelope – May 16, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Sean?

Comment by brandy – May 16, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he is already a series regular the question though is does he survive the finale?

Comment by smallville944 – May 16, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noah Bean and Devon Sawa are both hot. Slurp!

Comment by Nic – May 16, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love for Owen to be a main character rather than Ryan. The chemistry of Maggie Q and Devon is just hot :)

Comment by JC – May 16, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am i the only one that thinks Nikita’s[the show] been a little sloppy this season? I mean, there have been multiple episodes that gave me the “duh!” moment, e.g. ‘agents’ waiting to be unarmed, a little slow on execution like it’s clearly rehearshed over and over, etc. It’s just not like the first season where there’s so much thrill coz it was smart and their actions were done with finesse.

Comment by Swarley – May 16, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. j/k. I think this season has been uneven but punctuated with many great individual episodes and lots of character building overall. This season has been dense, filled with lots of interesting backstory, even better, unique action sequences, a lot of mythology building. We’ve seen continuity of story and old characters/plotlines from ages ago, popping-up and interwoven pretty seamlessly into the entire Nikita narrative. I think its been a really exciting season.

Comment by Annie – May 16, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disagreed. I find season 2 much stronger than season 1, especially in the first half of the season. The recent episodes seem rushed, like they were cramming storylines in in case the show got canceled. Other than that, I think it’s been a great season. “Clawback” (2×07) remains a standout of the series.

Comment by Sally (@eskeigh) – May 16, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Helloooooooooooooo Maggie…what about Sean?

Comment by Allison – May 16, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ryan! Yes, we get more Noah Bean.

Comment by JJ – May 16, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Writer Albert Kim tweeted Devon that they have big plans in store for him in S3. So all is good in Nikitaland.

Comment by Annie – May 16, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About damn time! He’s a great character on the show.

Comment by Leo – May 16, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its Percy & Roan dying in the finale. All of the Star Wars, Death Star, ‘I am your father’ allusions and easter eggs in the last episode-past season, would suggest an epic build-up and fitting grand finale for Percy. Roan, everyone’s favorite terminator, will go out with his maker :) I think it will be an amazing episode.

Comment by Annie – May 16, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it will be Amanda and Roan. No matter what, I am SO excited for this finale, which will be even better knowing the show will be back in the fall!

Comment by CJ – May 16, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i disagree i think Amanda will be back for season 3 in control of division again and percy i think will die along with roan cause percy is out of insurance policys and plans and nikita always beats percy where amanda is in hiding and probaly will reappear when percy is out of the picture

Comment by smallville944 – May 16, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Amanda & Ari are making out somewhere in a motel room. lol. Yeah, I think spoilers have been hinting that Amanda will survive til S3. Nikita & Michael are locked in Division. It really points to a Percy/Roan vs. Nikita/Michael showdown for the finale. Everyone else is miles away. I really like Percy/Roan, I’ll miss them. Hopefully this scenario keeps my Birkhoff safe.

Comment by Annie – May 16, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly I think it will be Sonja because it said one from the Nikita team which could be either Sean or Birkoff and another death so it cannot be Percy/Roan they work well together and without Roan Percy has no defense to help him.

Comment by Marci – May 17, 2012 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool. I really like him. I’m glad the show has been renewed.

Comment by Carrie – May 16, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such great news! I love the character, and agree that he could bring a lot to the show on a regular basis.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – May 16, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy for more Ryan, but definitely need Owen as a series regular too and not just a recurring character!

Comment by poptracker – May 16, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Noah Bean/ Ryan. His character still has his earnest idealism and uncorrupted sense of right and wrong. Plus, he’s insanely handsome. I don’t get why more ladies don’t worship this show like TVD because the man-candy quotient is off the charts. Of course, I watch it for the story and the action.

Comment by Annie – May 16, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just like guys go to Hooters for the chicken wings, we watch Nikita for the action…(just kidding!). It’s an awesome show and the pretty men just make it better. =]

Comment by kalamapolice – May 17, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh awesome! I just started watching Nikita the other day to be honest. (I’m on 1×17 now). After I heard it was renewed I decided to get on the ball and invest in watching it. I loved this guy from this one episode of Fringe he guest starred in, truth be told, so when he popped up in Nikita I was game for his character. I am glad to hear this. Looking forward to catching up and seeing more of him in the future! :)

Comment by Sarah – May 16, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glad you’ve jumped on board! Nikita is a fabulous show and could use all the fans it can get :) Welcome to the Nikitaverse!

Comment by CJ – May 17, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think all the recurring roles r strongly acted in Nikita and wouldnt mind seeing any of them expanded. (Owen, Ari, Sean, Roan and Sonya) Good for Ryan.

Comment by kernel thai – May 16, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you on the recurring roles we need to see more of Roan and the others but think Sonja could be the one killed in the final.

Comment by Marci – May 17, 2012 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now we need Devon Sawa!!! I need more Owen!! shirtless Owen

Comment by Lorena Haro (@lorepottter) – May 16, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He looks like David Bowie, in a very good way.

Comment by Izzy – May 16, 2012 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prepare to get beaned!!

Comment by Shaun – May 16, 2012 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes…Ryan will b regular…n I hope Owen..will 2…

Comment by lisa – May 16, 2012 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sean Pierce > Owen & Fletcher any day

Comment by Ali – May 16, 2012 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ryan, as long as they do not kill off Birkhoff in the finale this is a great scenario. I think Percy and Sonya will die in the finale.

Comment by Daisy – May 17, 2012 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some Fletchy but I fear it’s Birkoff that will die on the finale. Oh no!

Comment by TheLonelyPlace – May 17, 2012 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Better not be Birkoff or Percy!!!

Comment by sparky – May 17, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if sean dies i will kill every person on earth.

Comment by joaopedromillan – May 17, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news doesn’t bode well for the Sean character…does Nikita really need TWO interchangeable, blandly attractive do-gooders in the cast? Not really…And Sean’s death would propel Alex into Season 3 nicely.

Comment by John – May 17, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems pretty obvious Berkhoff is the major death after he planted one on Nikita last episode. That definitely seemed like a goodbye kiss to me. And the show has made a point of showing that Ryan can do computer stuff, so it won’t seem silly when he takes over for Berkhoff next season. And now Ryan’s a regular. I’d rather it be Devon Sawa too though.

Comment by Chris – May 17, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you comparing Birkhoff’s skills to Ryans?Not even close!!I bet Alex has more skills than Ryan.

Comment by Shaun – May 17, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i totally forgot the kiss, since they made the last episode like a series final, it would make sense but it’d be an important lost for the story if they were a S3 and that’s the case now, so i have seriously no idea who can possibly die.

but i’d definitely cross my fingers for Sean

Comment by shawnhiero – May 17, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh. Dillon Casey, please. His Sean working with Alex is a great complement to Nikki and Michael.

Comment by Scott – May 17, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they don’t kill Sean. Poor Alex, she just can’t get keep a man! First Thomas, then that neighbor guy, and then Sean (IF he actually does die. I don’t know.) I’d rather he didn’t, but I guess they can’t have everyone in a happy couple on the show, and it would lead to more badassery for Alex. I thought this season was good, but I think it took a little too long for Alex to come to her senses and make up with Nikita. They’re much better as a team.

Comment by Mikael – May 17, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!! Excited :)

Comment by kewi – May 17, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d prefer Devon Sawa. I like Ryan but not enough for a series regular.

About death. I’m sure it’s not Alex or Michael and that’s all I care about (little worried about Birkhoff though).

Comment by Kiara – May 17, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how almost everyone is asking for Devin Sawa to become a regular instead of celebrating Ryan becoming one.
    I read in the Huffington that Noan is committed to another series and wont become a regular. I say use that open slot for Devon!

Comment by Fatima – May 18, 2012 03:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Berkhoff/Sonia.. perfect moment!!!

Comment by mjemma18 – May 23, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • de show cnt do without nude…birkoff is here to stay…his skills r xo unique…n ryan n owen r both regulars…..owen ll be more lyke a protective bro to nikita….n ryan i think they av a connection wth nikita…..ur mikita ll surely av prblm nxt sn……alex n sean thy deserve a shot…n percy shld die….nt becoz dnt lv de character i think gogo shld cme to power…n wat abt if mikita r running division n r fightin gogo….rem ts always a grp within a grp dat wat percy said….xoxo…..superb xo i jst wish cw cld promote it de way thy do vampire diaries ……gossip girl n supernatural

Comment by phelister owuor – September 13, 2012 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wished he was a love interest

Comment by Erica R – September 15, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post