Fall Preview: Watch Sneak Peeks of Elementary, Partners and 2 Other New CBS Shows

CBS’ 2012-13 TV lineup has it all: sheriffs, significant others, Sherlock (and a lady Watson!) and more.

But no need to wait until next season for a glimpse of the Eye Network’s new offerings. The network has unveiled extended sneak peeks of the four shows it has slotted for fall, including Elementary and Partners.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments on the fresh faces of CBS!

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Partners, with Michael Urie, David Krumholtz, Sophia Bush, Brandon Routh (airing Mondays at 8:30/7:30c)

Vegas, with Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss (Tuesdays at 10 pm)

Elementary, with Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu, Aidan Quinn (Thursdays at 10 pm)

Made In Jersey, with Janet Montgomery, Kyle MacLachlan, Erin Cummings (Fridays at 9 pm)

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. bah says:

The uploader sucks.

2. Z says:

Only Elementary and Vegas work in the UK.

3. Alex says:

Liked the Partners preview way more than I expected I would! It seems genuinely funny and clever, and pretty sophisticated for CBS. CBS is a little late on the 60s show bandwagon, but hopefully they’ll learn from NBC’s and ABC’s failures this season and do better. Elementary, again, better than expected. I was skeptical given BBC’s wonderful Sherlock, but this version seems genuinely good and and different enough. Made In Jersey is not really my thing…but well made.
    Really though CBS, well done.

• jenna says:

agreed, elementary and partners looks like the most interesting previews of the fall for me

• Eli says:

That whole head resting on the “girls” in the Partners trailer is so Jack and Karen on Will and Grace. Been there, seen that. They should have cut it out, who wants a redo???

4. Grace says:

Looking forward to Partners.

5. Wish the trailers didn’t include the behind the scenes portion. Would be easier to get a feel of the shows without it. Looking forward to Partners though.

6. Aishwarya says:

Ok Sherlock Holmes will NEVER say something like – “Oh I really hate being right sometimes”. He knew he was right all the time and could not care less about whether he “liked” it or not. He just knew the right path. He would also never emotionally apologise for his behaviour. Why are they ruining a classic? They is already a brilliant version called Sherlock at BBC and it is fabulous. This just looks sad. I am sorry for saying this but typical of an American show, the series is all about “feelings” and suddenly there will be talk about chemistry. Sigh.

• Aishwarya says:

Sorry I meant – *there is already a brilliant version of Sherlock”. Damn typos.

• SanDiegoCat says:

As Benedict Cumberbatch said, he’s the 76th person playing Sherlock Holmes, so there isn’t any reason NOT to have another. Johnny Lee Miller actually looks really good in the role. And I’m pretty sure the BBC’s Sherlock said something about hating to always be right in season 1.

• Alice says:

BBC Sherlock said he was always right. He would never regret being right. He loves being right.

• I see no reason why sane people can’t enjoy both. I love Sherlock and I’m excited to see Elementary. Life’s too short to be so weird about this stuff :) I love JLM too!

• Ashley says:

The thing is Aurthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock would never say that either. This is going against a character that millions of literary buffs worship. Not cool at all…

7. sanracas says:

i know people are going to be very “THE BBC VERSION IS BETTER” about the sherlock show (like the office) BUT jonny lee miller is the best (i still miss eli stone) so i am on board.

• Lena120 says:

I know. I hate the inevitable comparisons between the BBC version and this. Just let Jonny and Lucy do their thing. And I love Benedict Cumberbatch’s performance, but I’m not going to hold Jonny to that standard. I’m actually pleasantly surprised by his take on it. And I like him and Lucy’s dynamic. I’m looking forward to it.

8. lyla says:

Genuinely surprised that I enjoyed 3/4 of the previews. Wasn’t sure about Partners, but looks both sincere and funny. Same for Made in Jersey and Elementary. All look enjoyable and well thought out. Looking forward to them.

9. Kat says:

Partners is TERRIBLE . LOL.

10. Renee says:

Jonny Lee Miller—YUM. Elementary…dunno.

11. Esaul says:

Is that Stephanie March I spy in the trailer for Made in Jersey? Or am I just seeing things? I think it is. I kinda hope it isn’t. I love seeing her in SVU. >.<

12. Sam says:

Brandon Routh, Justin Bartha. Geez, the networks are sure stocking up on hot gay characters this season.

13. I’m very on the fence about Elementary. The trailer didn’t especially blow me away, but I’ll give it a chance. Not interested in Vegas, but I’ll probably check out Partners and Made in Jersey for a few weeks.

14. JWB says:

Partners is just another gay comedy that nobody will watch. Much like the new normal on NBC. Gay comedies are hardly original. Fox had Normal Ohio. It didn’t last.

Why can’t CBS produce good comedies like they used to? How I Met Your Mother is the only one left.

• Leo says:

Yeah. Will & Grace, Modern Family and Glee all really struggled in the ratings because of their gay content.

• Jackson says:

“Gay comedies are hardly original.” As opposed to all those original comedies out there.

• SanDiegoCat says:

I don’t think Partners looks unoriginal because of the gay content, but because it’s from the people who brought us Will and Grace and it looks like will and Grace except for Grace being a guy. Maybe it will vibe really differently once it’s on.

• Dubliner says:

Of course! CBS has one CSI, so it never needed another. Same with NCIS. Oh, and Law & Order was totally unique. And cop shows. And lawyer shows. Pfft.

15. Trent says:

These look terrible

16. mawhi says:

Partners looks fun, but ever since Mindy Kaling’s book pointed out to me that all characters in sitcoms are architects and nobody in real life is actually an architect I can’t take the fact that they are architects seriously.

• M says:

Yeah, and no way in real life would Michael Urie and David Krumholtz ever get Brandon Routh and Sophia Bush.

17. M says:

Was anyone else distracted by Irish Jason O’Mara speaking with an American accent in his interview?

• Renee says:

No because he spoke with an American accent in Terra Nova.

• jeni says:

Yes! Not because it’s a bad accent, it’s not. But we all know it’s not HIS accent. It’s interesting to me. Does he speak with an American accent all the time while filming? Does he find it exhausting to keep it up or is it easier than switching back and forth for him? I always love the bloopers reels on House, when you get to hear Hugh Laurie speaking in his real voice one moment, and then talking like Gregory House the next. Yes, I know it’s called “acting.” I’m still impressed.

18. lisa says:

Partners, no. Vegas, no… Even though I love Dennis Quaid and Jason O’Mara. Elementary, YES! Jonny Lee Miller with the accent! Made In Jersey, meh…

19. Cash says:

I liked “Elementary” better, when it was call “The Mentalist.”

What, now we’re just flat out copying shows, CBS? Pathetic.

20. Really looking forward to Partners and Elementary. Surprised by how interested I am in Made in Jersey. I’ll pass on Vegas though.

21. lindyer says:

what kind of doctor let alone surgeon flinches and squeals at the sight of blood and a dead body? seriously?

22. bad kevin says:

Grades for CBS’ new Fall shows: Partners = D. Vegas = B. Elementary = C. Made in Jersey = D-.

23. Kristina says:

Partners looks funny!

24. Andrea says:

I’m totally surprised, but Partners looks great. Nothing else peeked my interest though.

25. Tommy says:

Im most excited for Partners. It looks genuinely funny and I’m looking forward to Sophia being back on my tv screen!

26. Evelyn says:

Some Television mathematics for you all:
    “Will and Grace” – Grace = “Partners”
    (“Mad Men” – NYC) “Pan Am” + (“Justified” – Appalachia Hicks) “Sapranos” = “Vegas”
    If a = Awesomess of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman then “Elementary” = “House MD” + “Castle” – a
    (“Working Girl”- Staten Island) + (“Legally Blonde” – wealthy background) = “Made in Jersey”

I make zero judgments of each show’s quality ahead of time but I can’t help but notice some well covered themes. That is all.

~Evelyn~

27. Elementry looks awful, Sherlock would be ashame, Partners I will DVR only for Sophia Bush, Made in Jersey lookscute but only season i’ll watch or dvr is because its on fridays or else I would not even go for it. Vegas looks good but already watch Private Practice live and DVR P-Hood.

28. Diz says:

Elementary is the only one that captured my attention. The others don’t look bad, but they don’t look great either.

29. Patricia says:

Nothing here works for me Vegas has an Awsome cast but the premise, sounds like failure. I’m looking forward for the Golden Boy preview

30. Jo says:

Looks like more garbage for simpletons. Exactly what I expected from See BS.

31. Rebecca says:

Partners is supposed to be a comedy, right? I didn’t laugh once. The best I can say about it is that the dog is cute. A definite pass for me.

32. Shelby says:

Wasn’t planning on watching Partners at all (the description just didn’t appeal to me) but after watching this I think I might have to give it a shot. Seems funny and could potentially be really good. Made In Jersey looks kinda cute, might give it a shot. I don’t know. It’s up against Supernatual (probably) and Grimm so probably not. Vegas, yeah, I was excited about it because it has Dennis Quaid but the trailer didn’t actually appeal all that much to me. And I don’t really think it’ll do all that well. Probably skip that one.
    Elementary looks really good. Now, I love the British Sherlock Holmes, but I have a feeling I’ll love this one too. (I love Johnny Lee Miller) And hey, what’s wrong with having two Sherlocks? The more the merrier. And plus, I love the spin on Joan/John. I think it’ll be interesting seeing a female Watson. Definitely will be watching.

33. tahina says:

Maybe Vegas for me, but too early, am afraid to get hooked and the show cancelled couple of weeks later. So far none of the network new shows stand out for me.

34. Carm says:

I liked Partners way more than I thought I would. I will also check out Elementary and Made in New Jersey. Vegas didn’t really appeal to me.

35. Petar says:

Man this will be the worst dramas season. This will be the bottom. From 3-4 years dramas are in bad shape but this time they will hit the bottom. Most of the trailers are so boring, so terrible that i even can’t finish them. Outside revolution and probably nashville everything else is awful. Period. CBS 10pm dramas can survive (if survive) only because are with little or no competition. At least revolution can turn out next lost!

36. Phil Hersh says:

• jeni says:

I don’t understand what you mean. Seriously, not mocking. You think his accent’s bad? Or his speaking is too slow? Johnny Lee Miller is British, though he’s obviously played American. Were you thinking he was playing American this time?
      I’m okay with shows being a bit slow, though. My life is frenetic enough.

37. Phil Hersh says:

Update Sorry (thought each show had own c0mments) Elementary sucks. Its too slow and his English accent is a minus not a plus because of the pace. I thought Sherlock was going to be an American for this show. Boring. Fail. Won’t even give it a try because of this lousy preview.

Made in Jersey though it seems pretty good and I’ll watch is a ripoff essentially of Suits with a female instead of a male. This is why TV sucks. Clones get greenlighted and original stuff gets canned.

Vegas seems totally flat.

Partners Sorry as a Hetero guy this isn’t my style

38. atv430 says:

Elementary looks like every other procedural show. Mix of Monk, House, Psych and BBC’s own Sherlock. What do all those have in common? Yes, they are all detectives. C’mon CBS, think of something new and fresh or have a different spin on it like the shows I mentioned earlier…

39. jon says:

Partners – Looks good, except for the Latina stereotype Ro-Ro
    Vegas – Thumbs down. Poor Jason O’Mara can’t catch a break.
    Elementary = Monk, should succeed.
    Made in Jersey = Working Girl, hasn’t this been tried before?

40. Babygate says:

I am loving, LOVING! Partners. I adore Michael Urie since Ugly Betty and I’m so glad he’s back on tv. Don’t care much about anything else. Elementary sounds mildly interesting but I don’t really like Johnny Lee at all so it would be hard for me to watch, even though I love Lucy Liu. I’ll be watching Nashville instead.

41. Alice says:

I like….that the dog on partners is named Elphaba.

42. Tracey says:

Partners looks hilarious , I love that Michael Urie & Sophia Bush.
    Vegas looks exciting. I am a girl that was born & raised in Las Vegas. Interesting that actually are using the character name that was really a Sheriff in 1961.
    Can’t wait for both these shows, not sure about the other new ones yet…

43. rubytu says:

Partners looks stupid, the Dennis Quaid one I’ll probably look at because it’s Dennis Quaid, hope it has a head and a heart, Elementary – there’s always room for more Sherlock, and Made in Jersey looks like it has warm, fuzzy characters to love, so I’ll be checking that out..

44. Alex says:

Vegas looks like it could be cool, but knowing CBS I hope it’s not a complete procedural. And I liked the title Vegas Rising better.

45. Russ says:

Partners look eh. But the dogs name is Elphaba, I kinda have to watch it now.

46. Tenderfoot says:

I would watch Partners because of David Krumholtz, but I refuse to watch any sitcom with a laugh track.

47. Joe says:

with Krumholtz and sophia bush in it i will be checking out partners. chiklis in vegas is all thats needed for me. love the story of sherlock holmes, not sure an “american” version can work for me considering the great updated version that bbc has going but the cast is strong so i will check it out. usually avoid lawyer/doctor shows but made in jersey got my attention

48. figuerooni@gmail.com says:

In the US we have some good original shows but no one can watch Elementary without seeing Sherlock the UKs brilliant show, Benedict Cumberbatch performance as Sherlock is grand!

49. TK says:

Benedict Cumberbatch…Enough said!

50. Mark says:

Made in Jersey seems like they decided to see what would happen if Marisa Tomei’s character from My Cousin Vinny worked in a law firm lol.