Bones Boss Answers Burning Finale Questions, Confirms Season 8 Time Jump and More!

Bones Season 8 SpoilersMonday’s Bones finale wasn’t as game-changey as last season’s baby bombshell-themed climax, but it still packed a rather fierce punch. In case you missed it (as if!), evil mastermind Christopher Pelant framed Brennan for murder. But rather than stick around and wait for the “hacktivist” to further incriminate her, the new mom ditched Booth and went on the lam with daughter Christine. Here, series creator Hart Hanson tackles key questions from the episode and offers a very early sneak peek at Season 8.

RELATED | View Fox’s New Fall Schedule

TVLINE | Will there be a significant time jump between seasons?
It always works for us to have the same amount of time pass for our characters as it did for our audience, and I believe we will be very close to that again. A couple of months will have gone by.

TVLINE | Will Brennan have been a fugitive for that length of time?
Here’s what I’ll say: There is an arrest warrant out for her and she is avoiding that warrant. If she gets [arrested and] gets into the system, then Pelant can do anything he wants to her, which would be pretty terrible. So she’s outside the system in that time, with the help of her dad.

TVLINE | How many episodes will this play out in next fall?
It will be many episodes before the Pelant story is resolved. I think we will have Brennan and Booth back together — and her back working at the Jeffersonian — by the end of the first episode. I don’t know if I want to say that or not, but I just did. [Laughs]

PHOTOS AND VIDEO | Fall Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

TVLINE | Is he going to be pissed? She just ran off with his daughter!
She’s in a huge pickle, and I think Booth recognizes that as well. If she told him that she was going to evade an arrest warrant, that would be it for him; he would not be able to remain an FBI agent.  So that was a kindness not to tell him. It also makes sense to her rationally, which is he has to catch Pelant. They’re not mad at each other. They’re facing a situation together.

TVLINE | Is she going to have any assistance while on the run, aside from her dad?
The question is who is in on it with her and who is not. As we set up in the finale, everyone she works with [takes a position]. Does that continue? Who is, in fact, an accomplice to her. And who is, in fact, maintaining a professional, objective attitude. You need both of those things to survive Pelant, and perhaps even catch him.

TVLINE | Did he put a bomb in the clock?
[Laughs] I will never tell you. What the hell was he doing in the house?! You’ll have to tune in and find out.

TVLINE | Regarding the four standalone bonus episodes, I imagine they can’t air at the start of the season since you’d have a major continuity issue with Brennan’s disappearance.
We’re counting on airing one or two of them early in the season, but it won’t be the premiere. And I doubt it would be the second episode. We might be able to get away with airing one of them in the third or fourth spot. But beyond that I don’t know.

1. Chrissy says:

I thought they were possibly going to air in the summer? But I guess that finale ruined any plans for that…

2. Cash says:

You should ask Hanson why he bailed on Finder, and turned his back while Fox aired episodes out of order and banished it to a Friday night death slot.

• Ted Farkle says:

Hey, Jerkface, Hanson doesn’t control those things. The network does. Ask them, not Hanson. Hanson was devastated by what they did to The Finder. Read some of those interviews.

• Cash says:

He acts like it too. Finder was just filler, something to keep him busy while Deschanel was having her baby and Bones was on hiatus. If he was that devastated, he would have tried to shop it to USA, where it should have been to begin with instead of being weakly tied into the Bones universe.

• Scheduling is not up to Hart Hanson. It’s the masked scheduler that makes those decisions aka the network.

• jonstewart4president says:

Hart didn’t bail on the Finder. If anything, he bailed on Bones, while working on The Finder. And the network banished it to Friday, Hart was less than happy about that.

I don’t even like Hart as a showrunner, and yet I am forced to defend him against stuff like this. I hate defending him, so please don’t make me do it again.

• dexx says:

Sunday has animation. Other nights are dedicated to specific shows. There wasn’t exactly much time to work with where scheduling is concerned so Friday ended up being the night. Life goes on…

• kathie says:

well, hanson should join the growing movement to save the finder, like we saved CHUCk…

• Andie says:

Finder was doomed from the beginning. It didn’t have a strong enough chemistry between the actors and was sort of a weak premise to begin with. Add in the way the Booth/Bones relationship was handled (or not handled is more like it since most of the significant changes in their relationship have been offscreen) and people are never going to trust Hart Hanson and co. enough to get invested in one of his shows when the relationships on it will probably never see a worthwhile payoff for the viewers.

• Jerlene Moore says:

I loved the finder. I thought the connection between the characters was just right for the show. Save the finder.

• kelsey says:

the finder tanked because it tried to be another “Bones” and that isnt possible. would’ve been a great show if Bones wasn’t already out there.

3. Scott says:

Thanks for the interview, but I was hoping to hear the Pelant story would wrap up fairly quickly next season. I just can’t see Andrew Leeds as a credible “bad guy” and think he was rather miscast in the role.

• Megan says:

He really creeped me out. I think he was perfect for the role.

• Heather says:

I completely agree. Not enough charisma.

• jonstewart4president says:

I disagree. I thought Andrew Leeds did a good job. There was a fair amount of creep factor, but also a kind of everyman-ness, so that it could still be understandable why he would fool some people into thinking he wasn’t a threat.

I actually wish he had been in more episodes this year. Setting it up more for that finale. And also cutting through some of the fluffiness that had taken over this season.

• zaza says:

I was just hoping they would finish the Pelant arc quickly because I find the serial killer stories boring.

• J says:

I thought the actor was creepy and did an awesome job, and the serial killer storylines on this show are my absolute favorite. So I guess it’s good that they have something there for everyone. :)

• Cupcake Leah says:

Me too! I don’t really like serial killer arcs. Grave digger wasn’t so bad because it was just a few episodes spread out over seasons. But this guy is too creepy and annoying!

• bob says:

This villian is especially creepy because he looks so meek and is so smart. Also, I am glad they have gone away from all the domestic stuff…and I hate to be prudish, but Booth and Bones should get married…that would be a nice touch

• Ben says:

No way! I totally disagree. The Gormogon and Gravedigger stories injected so much life and horror into an increasingly light and goofy series. (that said, I still love Bones no matter how silly it has gotten lately)

• Cathy says:

Absolutely not true!! He disgusted me so much I could not even look at his gross sneaky underhanded sociapathic face. If he aroused such anger in me, then he did his job more than well!

• Ashleigh says:

How can you say he is not a credible bad guy? That look he gave to the camera when he was in booth and bones house… creeped me out! He is doing a really good job and the fact that he plays it so well tells you that he is a really good actor!

• Wizzle says:

WTF?!? He was phenomenal as the diabolical genius!

• MJ says:

Agreed! While there have been cerebral serial killers in the past, this guy has serious skills! He’s not just intelligent but also strategic and resourceful enough to make MacGyver jealous.

4. Deena says:

How about they air them during the summer???
    This finale left me floored! Never in million years expected her to run

• Kaye says:

Yes I agree. The finale was made in such a way that it gave me goosebumps. Can’t wait for the next season!

5. George2k says:

Bones Has Jump the shark …….

• Olivia says:

I agree. I watched the finale just out of curiosity. Didnt interest me in the least. It was rather boring. I left this fandom after the horrid finale last season.

• kay west says:

my thought exactly…expected better of this series

• Meg says:

Oh absolutely. They might as well have gone jet skiing over shark infested waters it was so obvious. The end is near, I am sure but they have had a good run. I dont like the Pelant character… its too “he can do anything he want” and that’s just too far from the truth. There are always trails but for some reason this character leaves them standing around twiddling their thumbs waiting for his next move rather than finding the trails–because he has laid out the most obvious answer to the trails. I dont like it. did that make sense? Ah well it did in my head! LOL

6. 1mars says:

When did this series turn into a soap, oh yeah in season 6. It used to be about solving crimes, lab work, truth, justice and the American way. Now the main characters are dodging the law with fugitive warrants and baby stealing. Just how in the heck would the FBI ever let her work on their cases again. Unbelievable even for TV.

• you're annoying says:

You can’t steal your own baby!

• shadowkate says:

Actually you can. If you run off with a child that you do not have (sole) custody of or you run with no plans of return those can both be considered kidnapping.

• Nan says:

True shadowkate – Bones violated Booth’s custodial rights. And why the hell did she take the baby with her? Is it easy to be on the run with a small girl?

• shadowkate says:

My suspicion is she did it so she wouldn’t feel guilty for abandoning Christen the way her parent’s abandoned her. Despite the violation of custody rights, I doubt Booth is going to press charges or anything. At some level I think he understands. Plus on the move, Christen is less of a target for the crazy man.

• Sherri says:

Bones is still nursing her daughter so taking her with her was not out of line…..Christine needs to eat. By doing it the way she has done, Bones has allowed Booth to remain an impartial, albeit hurt, party and since ha cannot be called an accessory, he is still able to work the case.

• Jillian says:

Umm. Christine is Brennan’s biological child. So doesn’t that mean she has custodial rights??

• shadowkate says:

It is hard to say. However, seeing how they have been living as partners and Booth is Christine’s father, they have equal custody rights. IF Booth wanted to he could file kidnapping charges. Generally you see cases like this where the man (sometimes husband) runs off with the kids to another country.

Biology does not determine custody.

As I said previously, I doubt anything will come of it. Booth is not going to charge her with kidnapping because Christine is going to be better off with Bones.

• Lisa says:

Brennan is her mother, but the father has rights too, so she is, by law, suppposed to get permission from the father before running off.

• Because Booth and Brennan are not married, she has sole custodial rights and he actually has only those that she gives. Been there done that.

• Cathy says:

No you idiot, not kidnapping, not custody issues and not by a custodial parent. I am an attorney and I can tell you that.

• Carol Wood says:

Cathy; Did you seriously call that person an idiot? How incredibly rude! This is supposed to be an opinion forum and everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. People should feel free to publish their opinions on here without fear of ridicule. It’s one thing to disagree with somone; it’s something else entirely to ridicule their opinion.

• Scott says:

I just went through this. Untill custody is determined in the court, both parents are seen as the custodial parent. Which means that either parent can take the child wherever they want and there is nothing the other parent can do. Think of it like a joint bank account, both parents can take money out of it without the others permission and it isn’t stealing. Basically what happened is in no way considered kidnapping.
          Source: my custody lawyer.

• nope, you are wrong. either parent can take child if no custody arrangement in place. besides booth not objecting.

• Toni Montgomery says:

Actually she and Booth are not married so she is Christine’s custodial parent!!! She didn’t kidnap anyone

• Chris says:

Unmarried mothers in many states- regardless of living arrangements – have full custody unless a legal agreement stating otherwise had been made.

• Joe Vincent says:

ok 1) It’s been leading up to them getting together for YEARS! We all knew it was going to happen, Christine just pushed it along. 2)Emily, the actress PLAYING Temprence, was pregnant. THAT’S why they got her pregnant in the show. 3) You can’t steal your own child. 4) I have to say it will be hard for her to gain back the trust of the FBI, but I think given her record and her history combined with the fact that she was being framed for a murder she didn’t commit and that the true killer would play her like a puppet once she’s arrested will more than make up for the fact that she ran. She’s Dr. Temperance Brennan she’s THE Forensic Anthropologist in the Bones universe…BAR NONE

• Wizzle says:

I’d say the fact that Pelant having access to computers after being federally convicted of some serious hacking was the biggest misstep.

• Carol Wood says:

1mars: Okay. You’re entitled to your own opinion, but if that is the way you feel about the show, maybe you should stop watching it. I don’t agree that it has become a soap. The things you mentioned are called “character development” and it happens in every show, especially if the show is successful. If all you want is truth, justice, the American way, lab work and crime solving, maybe you should just watch reality shows.

7. I see a shark, and I see Bones jumping it. Way up high… I’m very tolerant, with Booth and Brennan getting together all of a sudden, with everything. They made it work. But this?? Too unforgivable!

• Tempest says:

I agree… I lost all interest… and the show lost all credibility when that fiasco of a birth happened for me. It seems very much like someone on the show (and in no way do I mean the actors) are ‘phoning it in’ It’s all just getting to ‘patter’ for me… they are getting lazy… It’s almost like TPTB have said… Meh, we have enough for syndication, what’s next?

8. Christina says:

Booth did nothing to deserve what Brennan did to him. Brennan should’ve trusted him instead of her idiot dad. Now Booth will be a complete stranger to his own baby, as she’s way too young to remember him.

• almve says:

Did you actually read the interview? “If she gets [arrested and] gets into the system, then Pelant can do anything he wants to her, which would be pretty terrible…She’s in a huge pickle, and I think Booth recognizes that as well. If she told him that she was going to evade an arrest warrant, that would be it for him; he would not be able to remain an FBI agent. So that was a kindness not to tell him.” She was in an impossible situation and did what she did to PROTECT Booth and Christine. Hanson also notes above, “She’s in a huge pickle, and I think Booth recognizes that as well.”

• almve says:

I double quoted… oh well, point still made.

• Christina says:

Yes I did, but I go by what I see, not by what I read. The story didn’t work for me and I’m not going to apologize for that.

• jonstewart4president says:

I agree. I know that they’re trying to sell that what Brennan was totally fine, but I don’t agree with what she did. And I think she should apologize for hurting Booth. Even if it was with the best of intentions, actions have emotional consequences. Which even Brennan at her most robotic should understand, given her own issues from her being abandoned as a child.

Well, she just took Booth’s child away from him without telling him, so that hurts him, and she should apologize for that.

• Cathy says:

Really you nimrod? Any parent knows the child comes first. Who is going to take care of this helpless child if Bones is in jail, Booth is running frantic to try and free her, and an undetected untouchable sociopath is running loose? Bones has nothing to apogize for because the first PRIORITY is keeping baby safe until Pscyho is caught! If anything he is rooting for their safety and concealment until they can safely return!

• Irishgirl says:

Nimrod?? Really? jonstewart4president has a point. Regardless of how good her intentions were, she still hurt Booth. He may understand why she did it, but that doesn’t mean she shouldn’t apologize for hurting him.

• Jillian says:

@Irishgirl No. She didn’t hurt Booth. He understands that she ran and took Christine to protect him. They are better off on the road, than staying in DC where Pellant can do anything to them.

Also…you people would even read the article. The Bones boss himself says that they aren’t mad at each other and they are going to work through this together.

• Angela says:

Wow “Cathy” angry much? Do you spend your days surfing the internet looking for people to insult? I thought you were an attorney, why not go find so criminals to be rude to, instead of random people on a forum… Yikes!

• levelheadedredhead says:

Christina, Your previous comment about Christine not knowing Booth is totally irrelevant. The whole movement on Bones leaving with their child is temporary until they can prove otherwise that she is being framed.
          To everyone else that didn’t like them going on the lam, I immediately got the impression from Booth in the episode that, yes while he was extremely upset, he understands why she did it. REMEMBER, we still don’t know what Pelant put into that clock. It could turn out that it was a bomb and if it wasn’t for her living Christine might be dead. I am not saying that is how it’s going to turn out but WE DO NOT KNOW. I think everyone is overanalyzing this show and the events that took place in the finale. It is a DRAMA….let’s just all wait and see how everything turns out before we bash it.

• levelheadedredhead says:

Leaving**

• Carol says:

Bravo levelheadedredhead!! Finally the voice of reason!! And to Cathy: Why do you feel the need to berate people for their opinions? Some of your comments are mean, nasty and inappropriate. I disagree with a lot of the opinons postes here, but I post that disagreement respectfully.

• Melissa says:

What are you, 12? Did you even watch the episode?

• Tuby says:

What she did was ensure he won’t get fired from his job permanently. If she’d told him she was going to run he would have lost his job, at least this way he won’t. It’s been established what would happen to her if she got into the system. She’d be at the mercy of Pelant.
      Plus her dad knows a thing or two about being on the run, and Booth can rest assured he will take care of them. As for the baby forgetting him…. Hart Hanson said it would only be 2 months before Brennan is back at work, so hardly any time at all. The baby is too young to even remember being on the run.

• PJG says:

I get why she did it, she was saving Booth in a way. I would have done the same thing. I can’t wait til season 8 begins to see where the store leads us

• Cathy says:

Why is she really leaving forever? What show are you watching??? Please…

• Hanson also said that she will return in a couple of months, which will be in the first episode in the fall.

• Rose says:

she is trusting booth to solve this very quickly!! I don’t think for one moment her character would consider that it wouldn’t happen… if Booth is with her and Christine he cannot do that. If he knew she was leaving he would get thrown out the fbi and wouldnt be able to do anything. She took christine because booth cannot look after the baby as well as catch Pelant. He also cannot breast feed. Plus she has her dad with her. Booth is the only one who will have the passion to solve this along with the other members of the Jeffersonian. Pelant already got booth ‘officially’ thrown off the job, and also the judge lady, sorry name escapes me… The only people who believe she didnt do it are her friends and Booth. That is not enough! Once she is in the system, he can hack into anything he wants and make it even more plausible that she did it. I for one was relieved with the series finale I had all sorts of horrible scenarios going through my head… especially when he was in their room and Christines room. Oh one more point ‘booth will be a complete stranger to his baby’… really??? Shes gonna be back in it by the end of the first episode after two months away… dont think this is a valid point. Its not real life you know!?

• Misty says:

I totally agree. This episode shows the complete and total trust she has in Booth. She left only to protect Christine. She knows Booth will clear her name. Booth had already been thinking about her running as her dad says to him in one of the last scenes. And you can see on his face when he talks to her dad at the end, that he knows she had to leave. Leaving does fit in with Bones logic or she would not have done it. The writers did a good job. And by the way, I love The Finder, the characters had a great chemistry and they took nothing from Bones. Bones and The Finder are the only shows I watch.

• Diane says:

Thanks for explaining it so succinctly. This is exactly what I got from the finale. Thanks for not going off on imaginary tangents. The show wouldn’t be “Bones” if Brennan and Booth don’t get back together soon.

9. Alanna says:

If you actually watched the episode you’d see that Booth’s heart was broken, but not b/c she ran, but b/c he was going to be separated from his family. He understood why she left, which is why he didn’t beat the heck out of Max.

But the name calling is very classy. I applaud you.

10. Gina says:

The finale was awesome! Loved every second! Can’t wait for next season!

I have no problem with what Brennan did! It was the only thing she could do. She protected Booth. She needed him to clear her, he can’t do that on the run! So glad they won’t have him upset with her!

Loved the article!

• Kim says:

I agree with your comment. I thought the finale was awesome. Well thought out and suspenseful. The kind of Bones episode that I missed. I loved how each supporting character was played. Angela rocked! And I believe it played out the only rational way it could. Booth was definitely hurting but nothing like the hurt that he would have felt if Pelant would’ve been able to get at Bones. He knew that too. She is in the best possible place she could be in under the circumstances. How lucky she is to have her dad to help her too. I really can’t wait next until season 8!

11. Lois says:

Surprises me that so many people didn’t ‘get’ the story last night. I think HH explained it….she couldn’t tell Booth – it would have made him an accomplice. She risked ending up like her friend if she went into the system that Pelant seems to so easily hyjack.
    She didn’t WANT to, she felt she HAD to go. Booth got it – too bad some in the audience didn’t get it. lol

I got dealt some huge lemons……B&B are doing the best the can to make some lemonade.

Booth is going to be working his behind off to get Pelant, while he know Dad is keeping Brennan and Christine safe. I think that’s better than Brennan in jail wrongly accused if you ask me.

Who’s helping??? My money’s on Angela……….

• Rudymummy says:

I enjoyed your post, you voiced everything I was thinking. Though I also wondered if maybe it might be Cam who helps, since that would be a real surprise what with her being to by the book. She might come to the decision that if the bad guys manipulate the system, so can the good guys?

• I think it will be Zack. this would be the perfect story arc to bring him back. He is a mathematical genius after all, if anyone can crack that math craziness on the wall it would be him. I honestly believe HH will be bringing back Zack for a few episodes in season 8!

• krtvmnd says:

I second that, would LOVE Zack to come back and help!!! Still miss him!!

• sjmc says:

We all miss Zack so much! Please bring him back! And please get the situation with Bones resolved quickly – it is not in character for her to break the law, and it sets a bad precedent for the show.

• Cathy says:

Yeah miss Zack. It should be that he was dreaming in a coma during his involvement in the crime, because he had some accident while working on that case. Bring his nerdy self back.

• ohhhhhhh, Zack! I forgot about him! That would be SO COOL! …..Hart Hanson, make it so :-p

I sincerely love this show and really liked the season finale! I thought it was interesting, and I really like the Pelant storyline (and the actor portraying him. The worst kind of psychopaths are the ones that appear so sweet, eloquent and innocent – “no one suspects the butterfly”. What, is he supposed to hide in the shadows and have a huge scar of his face? No way – the fact that people aren’t naturally suspicious of all the vile things he can do IS scary….great character, great casting). The only weird thing was that anyone on the cast would still have been involved on the case (especially Brennan, hello!) one she was a suspect….that seems unlikely. Otherwise, I loved it. I love *every* character’s interaction with each other on this show.

After all this gushing about how much I love most everything about the show, I am so MASSIVELY dissapointed that they dropped the ball on ‘Finder’. It was the best new show of the season! And the finale was so damn depressing……Boo, FOX. Boo.

• Jeannie says:

I loved The Finder too !! Maybe we can circulate a petition and get it back on another station. It was so sad the way it ended. Now I will never know what happened to Walter and Willa and the rest of them.

• Maddie says:

I don’t think it was simply bad luck that Pelant chose to go after Brennan. He’s a highly intelligent guy, and Brennan is essentially the heart of the Jeffersonian (which is ironic since she is often portrayed as being heartless). He intentionally made her his target knowing that if he harmed her, he harmed the entire organization. Without her working on bones and getting down to analyzing, the cases become that much more difficult to solve. Plus the entire team, especially Booth, having an emotional bond with Brennan makes her that much better of a tool. He was aware that whether she stayed and allowed herself to get caught, or went on the run and was forced to have very limited (if any) contact, he would be able to drive a wedge into the Jeffersonian and make himself that much more difficult to catch. She played right into his hands.

• Susan says:

I hadn’t thought of Zack. That would be AWESOME! He was one of my favourite squints.
        I do think Cam’s by-the-book stuff is going to have some impact.

• ColleenFitzGibbon says:

That is brilliant. Zack would be the one to save the day. But Cam, as the DA said, is working within the system so as not to taint whatever they do find to convict the bad guy. I think the actor playing to bad guy is billiant. Plays the innocent in front of everyone but the Jeffersonian team so it is believable that they system is buying his act. It is the furtive evil looks that confirm to us the audience that Bones is innocent. And I am sure Bones will apologise to Booth and he will understand. Bones needs to keep herself and Christine safe and let Booth and the team save the day! Another point I want to make is that one can make a point without belittling others. Please play nice

• levelheadedredhead says:

I found your comment refreshing. I think bringing Zack back would be a fantastic idea and maybe bring back some of the show’s original charm for those who are having trouble relating to the evolving storyline. Like I said in one of my previous comments, It is a fictional drama and we should see how it all turns out before we bash it and belittle each other with our own opinions. Palent’s character is doing a great job. Like you said he plays the innocent type so well that if the show didn’t show some of his evil side he would confuse the audience to believe that Bones might as well be guilty.

• pris says:

i agree. bring back zack for a cameo. and angela is always brennans true friend. i dont see that changing

• spamom says:

That would be brilliant! Who else would have the mind power to totally thrash Pelant! And even after all he did Bones would trust him. That would a great start to the next season. At least I think so , so nobody chop my head off please…

• Robin says:

I could see them consulting Zack in his hospital/prison setting with the math message. That would make sense–none of them has the brilliance of Zack at mathematics. He wouldn’t necessarily be out of prison, so it could be a one-time way to bring him back into a storyline. Hart did say he would only bring Zack back conceivably if he had a reasonable way to bring him in. However, they could do it with Angela and her computer brilliance too. So much as I like Zack, I’m not counting on it. Finn is brilliant too, so his smarts could help them foil Pelant. But it sure would be nice to see Zack in a story again….

• I don’t think Zack can come back…even though he told Sweets in confidence that he never actually killed anyone…but it would be nice to see Zack again..he was my favorite intern of all time and would be the best imo to solve this case of how Palent does what he does.

I enjoy the Serial Killer arcs, The GraveDigger being my favorite (wish she hadn’t gotten her head blown off, would have liked to see her again at some point) and Gormagon Arc was intensely creepy. This super smart, super savvy, super innocent-looking Palent fits the bill perfectly, the role is played well and I enjoy it very much.

I think they did the finale perfectly, showing the feelings and emotions of all the people in Brennan’s life who love and adore her and will do anything to help.

• Robin says:

nope not Angela!

• mco says:

Even if I get it, and in a situation like that, I think I would do exactly that Bones did, I still think that she should apolize to Booth in some way. They are emotional human and doing the right thing can often feel wrong. For both part. I think an apologie could help Booth and Brennan in the long run. (no pun intented). I don’t need Booth being angry with Brennan, and I wouldn’t buy that. But Brennan unhappy with herself for that she had to do ? Totally. And Knowing Bones, she would have a hard time to understand why she feels bad for doing something right. (And here a beautiful Angela/Brennan scene).

Angela is helping, I sure of that. Maybe Caroline in little way like she did with the adress. Camille will trust the system. I still don’t know about Hodgins. He didn’t like the gouvernment but they tunned down is conspiracy theorist tendacies. And he was the first to say that they had to remain professionnal. So. I don’t know.

• Mindy says:

I think Caroline is going to help too

• Wizzle says:

She could have told him and he could have lied about knowing about it… That seems like what a real married couple would do. Discuss it.

• Robin says:

No, she knows that Booth is the essence of integrity, and he would not be able to lie to the FBI about it. Remember the Proof in the Pudding where she really knew it was JFK’s bones, but she saw how distressed Booth was at the idea that the government could lie about the assassination so she worked out a way to make it seem like it wasn’t JFK’s bones, and Cam kinda caught her on it, but kept mum.

• Misty says:

Completely agree with everything you said.!

12. Sarah says:

I think both of them understood the danger Pelant was to their family and to sit back and wait would have been even more stupid when they were both powerless to act.

13. Dotty says:

Is it just me or does anyone else know a ‘squint’ that is the best at MATH – Do you think ZACK is BACK! saving Bones and convicting Pelant

• Ally says:

That would be awesome! I’d love to see Zack back. I’m surprised no mention has been made of that. I’d love to know if HH ever plans on bringing him back.

• jennie says:

You need to give up on Zach. I was kind of hoping Zach was the victim for this epi.

• jennie says:

oops. *zack

• Chelsea says:

we wont ever give up on them trying to bring Zack into an epi or two. he was an original!

• Chloe says:

ZACK IS NEVER COMING BACK!! Get over it already!!

And he is in a mental insituttion – how is he going to “save” Brennan?????

• Chris says:

Hes broke out before and cryptically mentioned he can do it at will if he feels like it. Not saying its happening just saying its possible. And Hanson did say if he could arc Zack in somehow that fit the storyline he would and Zack fits this profile to a Tee

14. Ally says:

I don’t think Bones is jumping the shark. I think they’re taking the series in new directions to keep its audience interested. It’s a crime drama, people. If you don’t want to see dramatic things happen to the characters, watch some other crime show like Law & Order where the characters remain static throughout the series, and you don’t have to worry about things changing.

• meghan says:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

• Jenny says:

Wonderfully put!

• agreed!!!! not jumping any sharks at all!

• Over it. says:

I agree that people are interested in Crime Drama that has character interest… but if you want to look at a GOOD example of that – have a look at the numbers for NCIS. That’s a show that has found the balance! Bones is struggling badly these last couple of seasons. It’s turned into the “Guess the Gruesome Death of the Week” show.

• Robin says:

But the “gruesome death of the week” was always a central feature of Bones….NCIS is what it is (never had an interest in watching it, by the way), and Bones is itself. Every procedural has its own slant. And I think it’s going in a very interesting direction, after a very taxing one in Season 6.

15. Wendy says:

Angela has proven as of last night that she would go to the mat for Brennan, so much so, that she would lie about an alibi. I definitely think she is helping Brennan. Actually, despite appearances, I think the whole gang is helping Brennan. And, by the way, Booth UNDERSTOOD why Brennan did what she did. If he had ANY hope of remaining in the FBI, he could not know. And that way, he can stay and clear her name. If he knew and/or ran, it’s all over. Add in that he said to Max “Tell Bones I will get my family back!”, and yeah…he gets it. Reading and listening are fundamental here!

• Chloe says:

I highly doubt the whole gang is helping Brennan. It would put all of them in a terrible position. Brennan, I believe, told NO ONE on what she was going to do for the simple fact they all would be accomplices in her running from the law. She would never do that to them. I doubt Angela knows at this point. I see her as the ONLY one Brennan will eventually contact.

• Haydee says:

I liked this episode. After a lot of goofy episodes this season one with some real drama in it. How refreshing! I don’t see that there was any other way that the situation could have played out. Given Pelant’s talent for manipulating the system the only way to protect herself was to run away which for bones must have been a heart wrenching decision. It goes completely against the very fiber of her being to go against the rules. But… a mother does what she must for her child. Bones is thinking like a mother, not like Bones…She prves with this action how much she loves Booth too. Because by running away he no longer has to decide between doing his job or protecting his family. Max took over that role. Max is saying let me be the father I need to be. You go do what you need to do the way you know how to do it. Bones telling Booth would destroy the essence of the show because to Booth values two things more than anything in the world: family and his job with the FBI. Bones wouldn’t jeopardize that. I thought running away with a baby was a risky proposition. but, she really has no choice… she is breastfeeding and Booth could not concentrate in catching Pelant while babysitting and trying to protect the baby. I think Boreanaz did a good job in portraying Booth’s utter devastation at being abandoned. He finally has what he has always wanted: his “middle class” American family dream and this guy Pelant takes it all away from him. Booth would direct his anger and resentment towards Pelant not Bones. I don’t think Brenann would include any of her friends in the plot so as not to compromise their professional roles, but they will find ways to help anyway. Zack’s involvement would be an interesting development since his professional integrity has already been destroyed he might be an ally. Guess we will have to wait and see how it all works out.

• Anna says:

I know everyone is hoping for zack or caroline, but what about you know former Agent Sullivan or what about Hacker?

16. Gina says:

I gotta admit, I LOVED Angela yesterday. That was old school Brennan/Angela friendship. It was awesome to see.

17. SusN says:

Good to know that Booth is not going to be angry at Bones. Also glad that b&b wil be together in the first episode. I akso think that Angela wil be helping Brennan.

18. Ruby says:

The very phrase jumping the shark is so old and overused. Everytime a viewer doesn’t like what’s happening on the show it’s “oh they jumped the shark’ come on…. This show has been on for years, they need to come up with new storylines. If you don’t like it, don’t watch.

• DD says:

Yup, Bones has jumped the shark. Phrase may be common, but it’s there for a reason.
      And Hart Hanson is schilling iTunes Bones on Twitter, so he knows fans have stopped watching, and yes, it’s an issue. I wouldn’t be so blase about telling fans to stop watching.

• Wendy says:

Of course, stiffer competition has ZIP to do with the lesser ratings. (Hello, Voice and HIMYM!) And no one owns a DVR and watches later. Which is not counted in preliminary ratings…

19. Chelsea says:

I find it extremely amusing how passionate you guys are about a TELEVISION SHOW!!!! good God. I’m a loyal fan from season one and I absolutely love the show, but seriously, you’re getting so damn worked up because she ran. Of course she ran, fugitive is in her blood! and Hart said it will be worked out in the next season, which means they will be back with booth in no time and as soon and the Pilant B.S. is figured out, everything will be back to normal.

20. vicki says:

If I were Booth – I’d be angry. Funny – on Angel, someone stole his infant son. Hmmm.

21. Karen says:

This makes me feel a lot better about last nights ep do I agree with what Brennan did nope but i can understand as does booth i see the bigger pic i hope it Angela helping Brennan

• I hope it’s Zach…..Hh did say once that with the right story arc that we could possibly get a few episodes with him…..this seems to be perfect. He is a mathematical genius right? He could possibly help crack what was written on that wall with saliva.

• Robin says:

You know, they might be able to work Zack (Eric) in–he is in a mental hospital himself, so Hodgins could get the pix he took to Zack, and get him working on it. Zack loved Brennan dearly, so you know he’d do anything he could to help save her and her baby. Wendy, loved your sensible comments about why Brennan would feel she had to run. She knows Max loves her and Christine and will be wily enough to keep them safe, which Booth (Mr. White Knight) isn’t devious enough to do. And look how easily Pelant got into their home and even into the baby’s room–though I’m sure Booth put in an alarm system that he would think would keep his precious little family safe. And he’s furious at Pelant (witness the assault on Pelant), not Bones, and how he threatened to kill him if he even laid a finger on Bones (or the baby!). Booth doesn’t blame Bones–he understands her like no one else. He’s just devastated that he can’t be the one to be with them and protect them. That’s definitely why he didn’t beat the cr*p out of Max.

22. K says:

I get why she did what she did, but it doesn’t change the fact that Brennan made a major decision and took off with their daughter without telling him. Also, anyone who has a kid knows 2 months in the first year of life is a huge amount of time, he will most likely miss major milestones that he will never get back. Also, while Christine won’t remember it when she us older, she will have to get used to Booth again, and he will remember it. It doesn’t matter that she did it out of live, to protect him, etc.. and that he intellectually understands. She still made the decision behind his back and caused him to miss out on a chunk of his daughter’s life, to suggest they will just happily reunite with no residual effects is totally unrealistic, no matter how much they love each other. Also, how the hell can she be back at the Jeffersonian when she is still running from the arrest warrant? How can she ever work for the FBI again? Even if she is cleared of the murder, she still ran and that is at the very least, an affront to the FBI.

• B says:

1. So Brennan should just let herself be killed by Pellant to avoid hurting Booths feelings? (and Brennan at Pellant’s mercy in jail wouldn’t hurt Booth at all?)
      2. If Brennan went to jail, Christine would miss her mother for probably much longer than two months. Not to mention that she is breastfeeding.
      3. If Brennan had told Booth, and he would lose his job and be arrested as an accomplice, Booth would be in grave danger too.
      4. If Brennan had left Christine in Booth’s care he would have to arrange for new child care, which would have put Christine in danger. Do you believe for a second that Pellant who kills for fun would not use Christine to get to Booth and Brennan?
      5. Booth was considering getting Brennan on the run before she even thought of it (listen to the scene with Max in the house). The reason he dismissed the thought is because it would have made him look guilty too, and thereby prevent him from clearing Brennan. That’s why it was vital that Brennan make that decision “behind his back”, and he knows it.
      6. Brennan running will not be “an affront to the FBI” if they can prove that Pellant was hijacking/running the system and that going to jail would have put her in mortal danger.

Conclusion: Brennan did the only thing she could do to keep her family safe and together in the long run.

I noticed there is a nasty type of “fangirl” out there that bashes Brennan/Jaime every chance they get because they have the hots for Booth/David. They are giving women a bad name. Hope you are not one of them.

23. magenta says:

Who cares that she ran, I am livid because she stold his child from him without him having a say in it. He should turn in an Amber Alert on her. This is the way they trust each other. Unbelievable

• Wendy says:

So, what then? Let Brennan go to jail where she would be killed thanks to Pelant rigging the system? The freak was in their home. Booth is suspended. Right now, he has no way in hell of protecting his kid and he knew it, hence him actually thinking of having them run to begin with. Better a temporary separation with both Brennan and Christine alive than having a double funeral.

24. AB says:

It’s amazing to me that some of you think it’s ok for Angela to lie and tamper with evidence while working as counsultant to the FBI. What happened to the truth and honestly of these people. Just because it is Brennan, of course, Hodgins tampered with evidence too on a prior case. Guess they only need to be above board on cases they arent personally involved with. There is a reason why we have laws, its called civilization.

• Deena says:

What did Angela tamper with? She did some things on her own but never actually changed anything. And telling Brennan to use her as an alibi was a gut reaction to save her friend. You know Caroline would have never let them do that.

25. Gina says:

Booth was thinking about running for DAYS. Dis anyone miss his conversation with Max? Lol. He didn’t tell Brennan than.

Brennan did what was best. Booth understands. It’s doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt, but he gets it. Booth leaves, he’s done. Brennan protected him and protected herald by letting him clear her.

Why would she leave Christine? How could booth care for Christine with Pelant on the lose? He needs to focus on getting him.

It’s not an easy situation for anyone but I believe the best choice was made for ALL.

I do wonder if Brennan and Booth will have some sort of contact during their time apart. Via Max, of course.

• jonstewart4president says:

I didn’t miss that Booth thought about running, I also didn’t miss that he decided against it. And he thought that he and Brennan were in it together. And then she goes and takes off with their child, without telling him, behind his back. Doing something they had decided as a team, or so he thought against.

Booth has a right to feel betrayed, because he was, and he has a right to feel hurt about that. And while I’m sure he can understand intellectually why Brennan did what she did, it’s also very understandable about why he would be upset. Emotions aren’t even always rational, which Brennan should know from her own family’s history of protection and loss, and her feelings about that. When she would go on about how Christmas was ruined for her for years, because her parents took off, well she just did that to Booth with something he felt strongly about, her Christening.

Not saying it can’t be gotten over, just that HH is making, yet another, huge mistake if he thinks that it shouldn’t exist. And that in one episode, they should just be together, hunky dory.

26. Becca says:

I totally get why she ran, it made sense with what they were dealing with, Booth understood she couldn’t go into the system, etc. But it seemed odd to me that she took Christine. Wouldn’t she be safer at home with Booth (who’ll still have a job at the FBI if he’s planning on helping Brennan within the system) than on the run with Brennan where they could get caught and separated at any time? Plus, if the reason she left without telling Booth was so he wouldn’t have to arrest her and could keep his job, then aren’t people also going to know that she took Christine from him without his permission? It seems like also taking your kid away from her dad makes fleeing the arrest look that much worse.

• Georgina says:

But who would look after Christine while Booth is at work(assuming he still has a job)? A nanny? Daycare? While Pelant is on the ‘loose’? I assume Max would be helping Brennan so he’s not available. I think she’s safer with Brennan.
      But I think the most important reason Brennan took her is because she didn’t know how long it would take to clear her name. It could take months or years(I know Hart Hanson was going with months from above) and she didn’t want Christine to experience the same situation she went through. Brennan’s parents taking off to protect her left for worst, emotionally.

• Brennan couldn’t leave Christine behind. Booth needs to focus all his attention on clearing Brennan. If Christine was left in Booth’s care he would spend 100% of his time protecting her. All this “she took the baby without telling him/kidnapped the baby” talk is just irrelevant. She had to leave without telling Booth. So how the heck does she tell Booth she is taking the baby without telling him she is leaving? Riddle me that one.
      And since when does a mother need permission to take her child anywhere? Brennan, as the mother, has custody of Christine.

• Becca says:

Yeah I definitely get why she did it, and I agree she doesn’t need permission. It just seemed like an odd choice for the writers to make in the context of the story. Brennan will be in just as much of a dangerous situation on the run as Booth is at home. And I agree, in that situation if that’s what she decided to do, there’s obviously no way she could have told Booth she was taking the baby. It just surprised me that she did in the first place. And as far as her doing it because she doesn’t know how long it will take to clear her name, isn’t it just as bad for Christine to not know Booth as it would be for her to not know Brennan?

• Nan says:

Nope, both of you are wrong – She did not take a baby for a walk, she kidnapped the child and violated Booth’s custodial rights (they both share custody of Christine).

• Wendy says:

Well, even Booth doesn’t see it that way, so…

• Jillian says:

Should she just leave Christine with Booth, who would be cared for by a nanny, since Booth would be too focused on clearing Brennan…while Pellant can sneak into her room and do something bad to her? Taking Christine was the only way to go…and Booth understands that. He’s not angry at Brennan and he’s not going to sue for custody or anything.

• Anna says:

Actually, you are wrong, when a child is born to an unmarried mother, she has sole custody unless the couple goes to court and the father is granted joint custody. Since this has never been mentioned, and Booth and Brennan have been together this whole time, we can assume Booth never sued her for joint custody.

• Holly says:

She’s also a lot more conspicuous with a baby than she would be as a fugitive on her own. Christine is a major identifying feature. I get that she’s still breast-feeding, but it’s a lot easier to be a fugitive when you’re not toting a kid around.

• Whitney says:

Did you miss the part where Pelant broke into their home, planted an alarm clock he had tampered with, and went into Christine’s room to take a photo? How in the world is that safer?! No. Christine is better off with Brennan. All of this bull about how wrong Brennan is for running with their daughter is ridiculous. Brennan/Booth are between a rock and a hard place, and each of them did/are going to do what is necessary to survive and take their family into the future. Will Booth be sad he missed those months of his daughter’s life?Yes. Absolutely. Will he be upset with Brennan for doing what she did? No. Because he understands that it had to happen.

• Kim says:

Christine was definitely safer with Bones. If Pelant can’t get at Bones than he can’t get at Christine. Booth knows that too. Holy cow he had free reign of there house while they were at the christening. Doesn’t seem like the safest place for the baby, or any of them. I also thought it was sweet of Bones to make sure that Christine was baptized (for Booth of course) before they took off. Knowing how important it was to him. Also, everyone is going on about how hurt Booth was. Well did everyone miss the hurt that Bones was feeling. She may not express the way he does but she was definitely hurting as she looked at Booth holding Christine during the baptism. It wasn’t easy for her either.

27. Marie says:

Of course there’s will be a time jump. And of course she’ll be back at The Jeffersonian by the end of the episode. Everything happens eventually—-offscreen. I’m done with this show.

• DD says:

Yes. Plus, the whole “I love you, not because of Christine” was such a lame, expository, FU fans line.

Not helping- the Fringe final that did the whole baby announcement so perfectly without sacrificing the rest of the story. Made me mad at Bones all over again. But I’m actually too bored by the stupidity of this season final to even comment on it.

28. John says:

She saved his FBI career. AND allowed him to keep going after Pelant.

If Booth were that upset, rather than understanding the motivation she had, he’d have clapped Max in handcuffs and marched him off as an accessory to a fugitive rather than giving Max a message for her.

Decently written and I agree shows evolve. Or sooner or later both actors and writers start phoning it in.

29. John says:

Oh yes Christine would be far safer in a house Pelant can just wander into as he does. Heck maybe he likes little kids?

Or not.

30. lara says:

No matter if you liked the storyline per se or not (personally, I think it was an interesting twist that added some drama and angst to the show and also raised a lot of moral/emotional questions for next season), this finale was the best episode of the season in terms of quality. Of the writing, of the acting and directing.
    It had gravitas, suspence, action, poetic shots, it was thrilling, scary even, emotional in the end, and it involved all the characters.

David Boreanaz directed this episode. He did a fine job both as a director and as an actor (his best facial expressions this season, running the whole gamut of emotions).
    And….. nobody gave a damn about interviewing him?
    He was at the Fox Upfronts the exact day of the finale but the journalists didn’t ask the director & leading man at least a few questions on the subject? Why? I don’t get it: it doesn’t serve their interests? The network’s? Is the director & co-star irrelevant now?

• Kitty says:

I have to agree, why no interviews or publicity at a Fox event when they only introduced 5 new shows for the fall? Mighty strange, No showrunners showed up, even the leading actress didnt feel it was important enough for her time. Was the showrunner perhaps smarting over the loss of his other show?

But they have accomplished their mission. We will anguish over, all summer long, debating who was right and who was wrong. It looks like they will be back together within the first couple episodes. Although Booth looks devastated not angry over Brennan’s actions, I wonder if he will still feel that way after the shock has worn off.

• Marie says:

I’m more than a little curious why Emily Deschanel was not at Upfronts. There was no pregnancy excuse this year to get her out of it, so why not go? She’s the main character of the show!

• Wendy says:

From what I read per her co-star, Tamara Taylor, she wanted to spend time with her child. And I say good for her.

31. Jenny says:

Can’t please everyone I guess. Even though this episode crushed my heart, it was amazing. It kept me enthralled from the first to the last minute. Brennan did what she had to do for her family. It’s not something she did lightly and if it had been a different type of criminal who tried to frame her she wouldn’t have fled. But with Pelant it would’ve been ludicracy to stay, it would’ve been signing her own death warrant. My heart ached for both of them, for Booth because he would have to miss his family and for Brennan having to take that awful decision. She even had Christine baptized before leaving, insisting on performing a ritual she at the very least has no affection for. She did that for Booth, every step of the way she thought of what the consequences would be for Booth. But than again if she had told him or taken him with them, you guys would’ve hated her for ruining his career. It seems to me a lot of the naysayers here are the people who only watch to find something to disagree with and/or bash Brennan over. Your loss.

32. I agree…loved the episode. No one was killed off, potential to catch the S.O.B. And, Sweets, off the case…I think not, psychology will play a huge part in this, just a feeling. Pelant divided them, always works, so they will need to come back, stronger. Loved that Angela, the supposed non-genius has already uncovered method. Interesting twist, emotions will have to be a part of the game.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

I think Angela will be the one to beat Pelant…it feels like he’s underestimating her

• Sergei says:

I so agree the ones to take Pellant down will be both Angela and Cam together….They have a unique working relationship and that is something Pellant doesn’t understand or comprehend. Andrew Leeds is perfect in the role – innocent yet so damn evil inside…That is one deadly combination. For me to dislike Pellant so much and want to draw and quarter hm myself – shows Leeds is doing one heck of a job in the role.

• Azure LaRoux says:

Sweets was taken off the case. When he interviewed with the new FBI agent he stated how the facts fit Pilant but the agent insisted that fit Brennan. When he challenged that the FBI agent told him that he was to close to the case and would need to bring in another psychologist.

33. Gabriel says:

Mr HH, get Zack back!

34. Also, one more comment, pretty parallel to what Brennan’s mom did for her. People grow and learn from the past. In eight seasons, what would have been the reality in not changing the characters? The storylines have always developed and grown, as have the characters. Some of the lighthearted episodes this season have shown that there is life in death too, adapt people!

35. moskol s says:

I agree, Zack is a super genius, if any ne can figure out Pelant it’s Zack!!! Bring back Zack!!

36. Emma says:

IT’S NOT REAL…No one has missed a chunk of their daughters life because it’s NOT REAL!!!!! I love the show but feta grip!!!

37. Emma says:

Get a grip even!!!!

38. Whimsical says:

My issue with the finale is actually with Sweets. Could/Would Bones kill? Sure. But she’d do it in the most efficient manner possible. She would never draw it out in the manner that Ethan was killed, and Sweets should’ve known/said that.

• I agree. That was a major down point in the episode. Brennan would *never* have been that sloppy if she did kill the guy, she’s much too smart and methodical for that. If she murdered someone, I bet no one would ever know. Of course she was setup, and friends that know her (and fans of the show) know that :-p

• Mindy says:

I agree, Sweets didn’t seem to have a backbone in this episode, and didn’t Bones tell Booth in one episode, if she did commit a murder, no one would be able to prove it was her. She’s to smart to murder someone, then leave the body in the middle of the woods.

39. Cheryl says:

Best season finale for Bones in four years. Excellent potential for season 8 for the fans to get to see Booth and Brennan tackle some personal issues. The decision to run was both of theirs. Please listen to the dialog people before you flap your gums. Max did what Booth could not allow his heart to do.

Booth asks Max “what do I do?” on the steps of the church. He isn’t mad, he knows that Bren and him are in a jam. She is safe and he wants to be with them.

What we got was Brennan’s greatest showing of love for Booth that she has ever verbalized and, she shows him the trust he wants by leaving. It is in Booth’s hands now, he will finish this for them both.

A great finish- and looking forward to season eight.

40. inspiramble says:

I thought the finale was great. Specially liked the tension amongst characters regarding Brennan’s fate. Nice way to extend the storyline.

41. Debi says:

I was so mad at booth the season he had the girlfriend after he had just a few episodes earl;yer told Breenen that he knew from the first time they met that they were always meant to be together and then comes in blond cheepy and he ask’s bloondy to marry him and she turns him down and then he say’s he never wants anything to do with women again. He loves it when Breenen gets in bed with him and then she tells him she is pregnant and Booth is all about loveing Breenen again. No more has been said about bloondy but, booth will not ask Breenen to marry him. He says he is waiting for her to do it cause she will. I think that whole story line messed up Booths’ personal strength on the show! He is a man that stays commited to his gut and that shows his gut can wonder from Breenen too. She is the one that has never really loved anyone but Booth so she ran for his well being because she knew he could not stand her in jail. He needs to become the man he use to be and save them all. And add alittle more Backbone again.

• jay says:

besides being irrational and illogical, the above comment makes no sense whatsoever.
      litterally some of the sentences have no meaning :

‘He is a man that stays commited to his gut and that shows his gut can wonder from Breenen too’
      ‘and then comes in blond cheepy and he ask’s bloondy’
      ‘He loves it when Breenen gets in bed with him and then she tells him she is pregnant and Booth is all about loveing Breenen again’
      ‘And add alittle more Backbone again’

WTF does that mean? in any language of this earth. these people call themselves ‘fans’ ? illiterate dimwitted fanatics more like it.

• Azure LaRoux says:

There are several episodes where Brennan and Booth discuss marriage. She feels that it is an out-dated societal practice. You have to remember that Booth has been down this road before. He asked Parker’s mother to marry him when he found out about Parker but but she said no. He knows how Brennan feels about marriage and has avoided asking her directly. It was discussed again early in the pregnancy where Bones reiterated her belief.

42. Nicholas says:

Smh. All you haters are probably never fans are just Castle people acting like you were fans of Bones before but you really were not.

• LOL, you’re joking, right? ‘Cause I’ve been watching Bones from episode one, long before Castle started. It used to be my very favorite sow up to the third season in 2007. Now I can’t disagree with the way they’ve taken the show, and think the writers of Castle have handled their show more appropriately? This isn’t a “love this more than that” contest, it’s just what makes me feel good. Personally, Bones had been GREAT this season, better than Castle, until this episode.

My favorite procedurals are Criminal Minds and CSI:NY, by the way, so, none of the two, really. Less drama. Both Bones and Castle have become too focused on relationships and less in crimes and characters, which is why I watch procedurals in the first place.

43. Wendy says:

Dear Lord, I cannot believe some are *still* focused on Hannah. Did I miss where she was part of the finale?

44. BrianR says:

They need to have her dad go old school on this nut job. A ball peen hammer and a pair of rusty pliers would work wonders.

• Rachel says:

Ha! I know, right? Gut him and set him on fire Max Keenan-style. Then Booth will know his family will be safe.

45. Kevin says:

Much as I used to Like BONES, The FINDER finale was much more interesting and heart felt. Just better in almost every way.

46. Kevin says:

And Max shoulda gutted Pelant ( thats maxs MO ). He sacrifices himself for Brennans family and goes to jail. full circle for max

47. Denise says:

Reasons to bring Dr. Zack Addy:
    -The Jeffersonian is currently short 1 forensic anthropologist, with an extensive knowledge of the skeletal system.
    -He can be the ace up Booth’s sleeve since Pelant knows nothing about him.
    -As others have mentioned, he is a mathematical genius…

How to introduce him back into the show:
    -Hodgins,or Angela, or both could have been consulting with him like they did before and hearing the Brennan is now on the run, he stages another escape.
    -During one of Sweets evaluations, Zach makes a connection between what he’s been told about Pelant from his friends and what he’s heard in news that everyone else neglected to see.
    -Pelant makes contact with Zack, trying to find an accomplice and playing on how someone with Zacks smarts was played by the system (the Jeffersonian) but it backfires…

48. Wendy says:

I just do not see Zack returning. And there’s the little matter of still being an accomplice to a killer thing. His career is toast.

• Denise says:

The thing with Zach is, I don’t think I want him back full time. I want his name to be cleared, and I want to see him occasionally… I love the Squintern rotation and all the new stories. But I think I want closure(and I don’t think I’m the only one). The think just having him around once in awhile, utilizing his genius and addressing his situation would make all of us who miss him so much feel a lot better. We can start slow, and have him consulting from inside the looney bin…. just miss the guy :)

• Betty says:

I agree. I like the interns the way there are now too, but it would be great to see Zack every now and then.

• sdc_99 says:

It would be really hard to clear Zach’s name since he’s seriously guilty. I love the guy. I’d love to see him back. And I think he’d be a real help on this case. But he was in on that gormogon thing.

• He’s not guilty of much though…remember when he confided to Sweets that he NEVER killed anyone..but begged Sweets not to tell anyone? The only thing he’s guilty of is caring too much for his friends. His hands are burnt off because of it. I think he’s happy where he’s at….

49. Jillian says:

I think no matter what happened, people would still be upset. If B&B left together with the baby and had a sort of happy season ender…people would complain about how it’s boring and there is no angsty cliffhanger. If Brennan left without Christine…people would complain about how she abandoned her child. If she told Booth herself and he became accessory to her running…people would complain about she got him into this and ruined his career. Some people will never be happy.

Also…I don’t see how people can complain how soap opera-ish the has got? In the season 4 finale…the whole episode was a dream while Booth was in a coma. Has to be more soap opera-ish than what happened last night. Personally…I don’t mind because I have always cared more about the characters and their personal relationships. I watch Castle and Criminal minds for cases…but this show has been like this since season 4.

• shockpop08 says:

I agree completely! Everyone seems to have a bone (pardon the pun) to pick either way. The show will never satisfy everyone. I love the natural progression of the show and the characters and while it wasn’t the best season, I think the show will get back to its natrual groove next year. I think we need to give the show some time before we judge…given the condensed season and all.

50. Mindy says:

You said in the interview- ” I think we will have Brennan and Booth back together” Does this mean that Booth (DB) will be back next season, and what i’m hearing is just vicious
    rumors?

• Wendy says:

DB is signed through S8. If you are referring to his Twitter posts, he loves to play.

• Karen says:

DB likes to tease us but I know the tweet ur refering to lol it could mean what happened to end of the ep DB is signed through to S8

• jonstewart4president says:

DB Tweets were about “Bones” the character, not “Bones” the show. If you look at his Tweets again, realising that is what he’s referring to, her character leaving his, than it all makes total in-show sense. And that he wasn’t leaving the show Bones.

I actually found it kind of funny of him. But than I think his trolling is lolarious, and I knew what to expect from him given his Tweets about packing up/last look at apartment stuff…not because he was leaving the show, but that his character was moving in with Bones.

• B says:

Exept when he tweeted “the end is near” with a photo of him on a morgue/lab table with his feet sticking out from under a white sheet. That made no “in-show sense”. That was just evil :)