Fall TV Preview

ABC Schedule Revealed: Revenge Moving to Sunday, Happy Endings and Apt. 23 to Tuesday

Get More: Fall TV Preview, News

Revenge Season 2 SundaysSundays just got Revengier.

ABC is the third broadcast network to pull the curtain back on its 2012-13 schedule and the big news is that freshman hit Revenge is moving into Desperate Housewives‘ old Sunday/9 pm timeslot. Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B—– In Apartment 23, meanwhile, will form their own a-mah-zing comedy block on Tuesdays at 9.

Among new shows, the Connie Britton-fronted musical soap Nashville has nabbed Revenge‘s former Wednesday at 10 pm perch, and the Shawn Ryan-produced undersea thriller Last Resort has landed the Thursday lead-off spot.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

On tap for midseason: Body of Proof, Wife Swap, and new dramas Mistresses, Red Widow and Zero Hour.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

The complete schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8/7c Dancing With the Stars/The Bachelor (in January)
10 pm Castle

THURSDAY
8 pm LAST RESORT
9 pm Grey’s Anatomy
10 pm Scandal

FRIDAY
8 pm Shark Tank
9 pm Primetime: What Would You Do?
10 pm 20/20

In November
8 pm Last Man Standing
8:30 pm MALIBU COUNTRY
9 pm Shark Tank
10 pm Primetime: What Would You Do?

SATURDAY
8 pm Saturday Night College Football

SUNDAY

America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 pm Once Upon a Time
9 pm Revenge
10 pm 666 PARK AVENUE

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Charlie’s Angels, TBS-bound Cougar Town, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, GCB, Man Up, Missing, Pan Am, The River and Work It

Tags:

Comments (168)

• is Happy Endings/23 8:30/9 or 9/9:30?

Comment by silvermike – May 15, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 9/9:30

Comment by JJ – May 15, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Happy Endings and Apt 23 together on Tuesdays – very smart!
      I miss Cougar Town though.

Comment by ScrubsGuy – May 15, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! Great paring!

Comment by Rolfe – May 15, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think its move will give it much better chances at survival, so I’m happy Cougar Town is off ABC’s schedule. This time last year, we had no idea when CT would return. We may not know when, but the network that acquired it is unlikely to treat it unfairly, as they’ve signed on for two seasons. Everyone walks away happy, no?

Comment by Mitholas – May 15, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, TBS never screwed over any of its programs. (cough-My Boys-cough)

Comment by themurph2000 – May 15, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • didnt my boys get 5 seasons though

Comment by josh – May 15, 2012 12:05 PM PDT
          • My Boys had its run.

Comment by TheDude – May 15, 2012 03:22 PM PDT
        • Agreed. I think Cougar Town is in way way better shape now than it was last season at this time. TBS seems to be serious about making CT work for their network. Here’s hoping Cougar Town sees a long and happy life on TBS.

Comment by Ava – May 16, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHAT??? NO GCB??? AWWW MAN!!!

Comment by KIMMY – September 21, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t belive that they cancelled GCB. Gosh that was a good show. Will miss it!
      LJH

Comment by LJH – September 30, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the ABC! I had a feeling they were going to move Revenge, but not to Sunday 9pm. So glad they have so much faith in the show.

Comment by josephguest – May 15, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I expected this from the get-go; not sure about being sandwiched between two fantasy/supernatural shows but guess we’ll see.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 15, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s also on opposite The Good Wife.

Comment by smidnite – May 15, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was a revenge viewer this season but will be DVR’ing it next season, prefer The Good Wife, I won’t be watching any of the new ABC shows.

Comment by Martina – May 15, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We don’t know yet where TGW will land. Rumor has it CBS is holding it for midseason so it can run 22 episodes with no interruptions or reruns (or football delays!)

Comment by Monkey21 – May 15, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t know if I should be overjoyed or heartbroken by that rumor…must.know.Kalinda’s.past.now.

Comment by abfidy – May 17, 2012 01:35 AM PDT
    • Maybe Mistrisses wil fill in for Revenge reruns.

Comment by Ginger – May 15, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aw man, I hate it when they networks screw around with the time slots of successful shows. Part of the reason some shows are hits are because of the air times and competition. Sunday nights are the best of the week for me and when the premier cable and pay channels run their best shows( Breaking Bad, True Blood, Homeland, Justified, Mad Men, etc). Spread the wealth.

Comment by TheBeach – May 15, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Justified airs on Tuesdays. Unless they are changing it next season.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 15, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oops, my mistake. Delete Justified and add Game of Thrones:)

Comment by TheBeach – May 15, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle holds it’s spot – great!

Comment by M. – May 15, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly- Castle’s the only reason my Monday’s are good anymore!

Comment by Chelsea – May 27, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh! Revenge in the driver’s seat! They deserve it.

Comment by Keenan – May 15, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I absolutely love Revenge but wish it could stay on Wednesdays. I also love The Chew on daytime
      tv. Great characters and really good recipes.

Comment by Dorothy Fay – August 7, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Moving REVENGE to Sunday’s DH spot is VERY SMART. in fact, the smartest move of a current show I’ve seen so far this week.

Comment by SmartMove – May 15, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I’ve always thought Revenge was a great show that the DH viewers would probably like once that went off the air. Seems someone at ABC saw it the same way.

Comment by Mitholas – May 15, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think that Revenge will survive it’s new slot. Too much competition on Sundays at 9pm. Maybe in the 10pm slot would have been better. It makes me sad because I really like this show. So many of my favorites have been cancelled (Missing) or moved to alternate times that I’ve just been left feeling disgusted with primetime tv!

Comment by Paula Welch Fizer – June 9, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • why did you cancel Missing? You left us hanging!!!!!

Comment by Mildred – September 14, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • best move ever i love this show and once upon a time two great shows thumbs up you go guys keep up the good work

Comment by kimberly barnes – September 13, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle, OUAT, Revenge and College Football are the only things on this list I watch. I may check out 666.

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 15, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 666 Park Ave. trailer looks great. I hope it is actually good. its has some of my favorite actors from other tv shows.

Comment by Russ – May 15, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess I will have to wait for #BodyofProof until midseason but better that than not at all!

Comment by Linda – May 15, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’ll likely take over from Private Practice on Tuesday nights, given that PP only has an order for 13 episodes (and it is all-but-confirmed that this is the last series).

Comment by Dizzle – May 15, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No one ever said that PP only had a 13 episode order. That was Ausiello’s assumption. It was never confirmed. We have to remember that some new shows won’t live through the first half of the season. Body of Proof could take any of their spots.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – May 15, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually, it was confirmed that Private Practice is getting 13 episodes. What wasn’t confirmed is if it is the final season, or if they will/won’t get more than 13. They have already said they are issuing at least 13 episodes, and I’m sure depending on how ratings go, they will either increase that along the way, or wrap up the series by midseason. Trust me, I’m not happy about this either. I wish I could watch Addison and Sam together every Tuesday for the rest of my life. Lol

Comment by Kristen – May 15, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Linda…I love Body of Proof and Castle!!!

Comment by Laura – May 28, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge will do amazing on that timeslot! And I’m so happy they decided not to move Castle.

Comment by martina – May 15, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with everything.

Comment by Mari – May 15, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Castle…

Comment by salyn – April 26, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised by the Thursday lineup. Last Resort was reported to target men, while Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal are surely targeting women. Unlikely there will be much overlap between these audiences, will there?

Comment by LemuelG – May 15, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, Grey’s Anatomy doesn’t exactly need a lead-in, so it might work. Now, if Last Resort came after Grey’s Anatomy or Scandal, then that would be weird.

Comment by Emily – May 15, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow my 2 new favourite shows are on the same night. Once then Revenge is going to be awesome. Thankyou ABC. So Scandal keeps its post Grey’s timeslot. Not surprised really. Should we call Last Resort DOA since it got the Thursday 8pm death slot? Interesting Don’t Trust the B is getting a 1hr timeslot.

Comment by greysfan – May 15, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My mistake. Saw 2 nines there for a minute. lol

Comment by greysfan – May 15, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I wonder when Body of Proof is returning? It’s not listed as an alternate anywhere. Sigh…it’ll prob get the Cougar Town treatment and get burned off at the end of the season.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 15, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The article states the Body of Proof is on tap for mid-season. My guess is that it will take over Private Practice’s spot on Tuesday nights since PP was only renewed for 13 eps.

Comment by anonymous – May 15, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ok – so I was wrong about PP and the 13 episodes…I thought I had read that somewhere, but it may have been speculation. Either way, Body of Proof will come on mid-season.

Comment by anonymous – May 15, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THEY NEED TO GET RIDE OF PRIVATE PRACTICE AND PUT BODY OF PROOF FOR A FULL SEASON AND BRING BACK MISSING ALSO.

Comment by steven – May 28, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Body of Proof is coming back i saw the tv line-up it isn’t there, Private practice has it’s time slot! I my self are very discussed with the Networks,so many reality shows have the reigns on the popular shows but Series shows always get the axe! It’s getting to the point that i rather not watch Network television anymore.

Comment by Pismofinest1641 – June 27, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Private Practice is only a 13 episode order in which looks like it will be its final season with Kate Walsh leaving after it, you might as well call it quits because she is the reason we have Practice in the first place, secondly Body of Proof is expected to replace it mid-season and will be back. Its been confirmed by ABC.

Comment by greysfan – June 28, 2012 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm…where is “Body of Proof?” Are they holding it until Mid-Season?

Comment by spooky5 (@spooky5) – May 15, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy Castle didn’t change times, I look forward to Castle Mondays. I think Revenge will do well on Sundays, I’ll tune in for it. Also going to check out Nashville and Malibu Country. So far, this looks like the best schedule released to me.

Comment by Andrea – May 15, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, are the two comedy’s debuting in January on Tuesday replacing Happy Endings/Apt 23 or Private Practice? Did ABC “officially” announce this is PP’s last season & it’s shortened?

Comment by George – May 15, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HOW TO LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS…. and FAMILY TOOLS will fill the Tuesdays at-8 hour, starting January.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 15, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there a “Private Practice Finale Season” announcement yet or not with the schedule?

Comment by Colleen – May 15, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge’s fans are very, very lucky. 9pm slot after Once Upon A Time is the best slot to move in a show

Comment by JAA – May 15, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Once is an amazing show and so is Revenge! Sundays will be awesome.

Comment by Elyse – May 15, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gosh, is ABC trying to build back a Friday night comedy block with Last Man Standing and Malibu Country starting November?

Comment by Anonymous – May 15, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The new exec has already stated one of his intentions was to bring comedy back to Friday on ABC… These family-friend multi-cameras seem like the best bet for them, although why delay them until November just so they can air two newsmagazines?

Comment by Dizzle – May 15, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because families have high school football games to go to until November.

Comment by Sg.Grant – May 15, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus its an election year and there will be a lot for these news shows to discuss about politics leading up to the November election.

Comment by jasie – May 15, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There will be 10 comedies come January…WOW!

Comment by Jordan – May 15, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. But will they be funny. Todays audience thinks vulgarity is comedy. All one has to do is watch an episode of Two Broke Dogs er Girls on CBS to see what I mean.

Comment by Frank Lovejoy – May 15, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, but I don’t think you can really blame ABC for trying out different kinds of comedy. They have some good comedies right now (Happy Endings takes the crown in my book). Diversifying is okay.

Comment by Mitholas – May 15, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t watch 2 brook girls because of the crude talk and trust me I’m no prud but it’s not funny just vulgar

Comment by pat miller – September 17, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Zero Hour or Red Widow? I was interested in Zero Hour.

Comment by sarah – May 15, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer about HAPPY ENDINGS — so similar to NEW GIRL. And I enjoy them both. But will stick with NEW GIRL now that they are pitted against each other.

Comment by BadMove – May 15, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they didn’t pit these 2 shows against each other :( Personally I find happy endings to be funnier so I think I’ll be sticking with that one

Comment by jenna – May 15, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We have DVR, Hulu, and iTunes, so it’s not that big a deal, but I like Happy Endings better.

Comment by Ginger – May 15, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It kinda is a big deal when that demo is all advertisers and networks care about. If enough people start DVR’ing/Hulu’ing Happy Endings instead of watching it live then it might not live another season.

Comment by Alex – May 16, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll be watching Happy Endings. New Girl went downhill after a little while.

Comment by Fabe – May 15, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Happy Endings came first, so New Girl is similar to Happy Endings. I honestly think Happy Endings is a much better show. But then I’m not under the Zooey Deschanel spell, so maybe that’s why I’ve never understood the hype.

Besides, Happy Endings is lower-rated, so if anyone likes both shows and is in doubt, go with Happy Endings on the night itself and DVR New Girl. That way, everyone gets to keep their favorite. ;)

Comment by Mitholas – May 15, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love how people still feel like they actually matter to ratings. If you don’t have a Neilsen box, you don’t matter. It doesn’t matter which show you watch live.

Comment by Sg.Grant – May 15, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1) Revenge was on Weds not Tues, typo in the article
    2) Where is Body Of Proof? I was surprised by the pick up announced last week, happy but surprised but it isn’t mentioned on the schedule. I figured it would be a spring thing but not seeing it here :(.

Comment by EveatEden – May 15, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It says it’s on tap for midseason, in the beginning of the article.

Comment by Miranda – May 18, 2012 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about Body of Proof?

Comment by kimmy – May 15, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Body of Proof is being held until mid-season.

Comment by anonymous – May 15, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • happy that in canada both of these shows are currently on the same network so i’ll be able to watch them both, hopefully back to back! ;)

Comment by sarah – May 15, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • woops! meant for this comment to be below about happy endings vs new girl!

Comment by sarah – May 15, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge will compete with The Good Wife, that’s a bummer. Anyway, ABC is the smartest network of all, I could easily watch their entire schedule since its so well done.

Comment by Che – May 15, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping CBS moves The Good Wife out of the Sunday slot. Even if they put it on Friday, paired with Blue Bloods, I think it would be better off than stuck in the often-delayed Sunday night slot.

Comment by TV Gord – May 15, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope they move TGW as well (too many pre-empts and delays).. just not to Wednesday. I already have too much stuff to DVR on Wednesday nights. LOL! Fridays could be alright, though.. maybe at 9PM (since I have a weekly appointment with WWE Smackdown already LOL)?

Comment by Margaret – May 15, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings vs. New Girl? Seriously?!

Comment by brandy – May 15, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Ending vs. New Girl. Which one to watch live and which one to DVR.

Comment by TV fan – May 15, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously. I’m so annoyed that they pitted those two against each other.

Comment by KSM – May 15, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Happy Endings needs live views more than New Girl at this point, I think.

Comment by Mitholas – May 15, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bravo, ABC!

Comment by Jordan – May 15, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville, Modern, Grey’s and 666 Park Ave.

Comment by sarah – May 15, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I get the logic behind moving Revenge – it’s a good fit with OUAT – but given the network has struggled to fill that Wednesday 10pm timeslot for years, I’m surprised they’ve taken the chance. Other than that, I’m loving the mix of comedy, and that they’ve put Last Resort on in the Fall – this was one I was looking forward to purely because of the behind-the-scenes pedigree!

Comment by Dizzle – May 15, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time followed by Revenge?! BEST NIGHT EVER. =D Love that two of my new fave shows will be back to back! I’m not thrilled about PP being stuck on Tuesdays but I’m just going to enjoy the fact that they brought it back and then enjoy seeing Body of Proof whenever it comes back (midseason?). I LOVE that Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B—- will air back to back during a time when I have no other shows. That will be one funny hour of TV for me! Not too much for me to complain about here. My fave shows are pretty much set for another year. Thanks ABC! =)

Comment by Heather – May 15, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dam it ABC did you really have to pit Happy Ending vs. New Girl? dam it dam it dam it

Comment by ggny – May 15, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge is currently on Wednesday, not Tuedsay : )

Comment by Jen – May 15, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just realized that Revolution, Castle and Hawaii Five-O are all going to be on Mondays at 10. Hm, this isn’t good. Do broadcast shows repeat in the early morning hours like cable ones do? That’s how I usually catch any shows I couldn’t record.

Also I hope OOAT stops running till 9:01 next season. My DVR doesn’t understand how to start a show a minute late and just cancels the next one completely!

Comment by Jerry Glonek – May 15, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmmm, sounds like you may need a new DVR. One of the best things about them is they know when shows begin and run over. Mine never misses a beat.

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 15, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go into the settings and manually add a couple minutes to each show.

Comment by Frank Lovejoy – May 15, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you can watch online…

Comment by salyn – April 26, 2013 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love you ABC Once upon a time and Revenge on the same night is awesome i figured they might move Revenge to replace DH

Comment by Josh – May 15, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I mean, okay. I’m happy for Revenge, but I watch so much on Sundays. We’ll see. Excited for it.

Comment by anthonynewhall – May 15, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to see Once Upon A Time renewed. A fun show that’s a great lead in to Revenge.

Comment by Frank Lovejoy – May 15, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch Once Upon a Time and I”ll at least check out 666 Park Avenue. Gotta say that almost all of the pilots (with a few exceptions, particularly with CW) sound dull. I’m still disappointed that ABC’s Beauty and the Beast didn’t get picked up. I wanted two! Does anyone know what happened to it? Anyone get to preview it?

Comment by Autumn – May 15, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reba McEntire once did quite well on Friday nights. She might once again. The season overall is shaping up to be VERY sitcom-heavy for the first time in a looooooong time.

Comment by Eric – May 15, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy that Castle says on Mondays. Will checkout The Last Resort – good cast in that one. Also looking forward to Nashville. I would follow Mrs Coach to the ends of the earth….and my wife says she would do the same for Eric Close – not sure how I feel about that…

Comment by Chad – May 15, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings up against New Girl? Not cool networks! Sigh. Well, I’ll have to catch up on one of them On Demand I guess.

Comment by Paige – May 15, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the line-up. ABC is and has been my fave network for a long time now. Revenge on sunday is awesome (although the cable competition on Sunday is really tough). Still pissed about GCB.

Comment by Jake – May 15, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so mad about GCB!!! i loved it.

Comment by Elyse – May 15, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That show really did deserve better. I think it really suffered from its name. Good show long as it lasted though.

Comment by Mitholas – May 15, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was hoping they were going to renew it, the promos were originally for the series finale but later referenced the season finale, I had hoped this meant it was being renewed … it had a lot of potential – and least we’ll still have our does of crazy Texans when Dallas returns

Comment by lisa – May 15, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved it too–and I’m from Texas.

Comment by Eliz – May 15, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really???!!! Putting Reba’s new show on a Friday night???!!! Why not just cancel it right now!!! Malibu Country should be on wednesdays after Modern Family, because that new show after Modern Family looks absolutely dreadful!!!

Comment by Eric – May 15, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree that the new show after Modern Family sounds horrible. But Reba wouldnt work after Modern Family and ABC is trying to bring back TGIF that why it is on Friday is a family friendly spot

Comment by ggny – May 15, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite and only show I watch on ABC is Revenge, and sorry but I am going to disagree with those thinking this is a great move. Last week Revenge got 7 million viewers and 2.2 for a season finale, and it’s a new show just starting out and not pulling close to DH ratings this year. The show is serialized and that means, and any new viewers at 9:00 on Sunday that never watched the first year is going to be so lost, they will stop watching it. Sorry the show was doing fine were it was at 10:00, and if the show does not gain new viewers, the numbers they got this year is not acceptable for a 9:00 show for ABC.

Comment by Sid – May 15, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Revenge not finished yet. 2 episodes left. I still think it can do very well on Sunday. For starters it will have a better lead in than Apt 23 which isn’t compatible with Revenge.

Comment by greysfan – May 15, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Moving REVENGE to Sunday is the worst move they could have made. The Walking Dead will slaughter it. REVENGE will not survive that slot.
    SUPER PISSED ABOUT GCB TOO. The ONLY shows I watch on ABC now are Thursday 9-11.

Comment by Jennifer Mitchell – May 15, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Body of Proof???

Comment by cc – May 15, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Won’t be back by mid season 2013.

Comment by bad kevin – May 15, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Happy Endings and Apt 23. They are going to have to struggle in the post Dancing w/ the Stars results show slot. Totally incompatible programming there. Older skewing/family friendly show followed by two shows definitely targeted towards a younger crowd. It seems like Last Man Standing/Cougar Town all over again. I hope HE and DTTBIA23 can survive until January.

Comment by Brent Reed – May 15, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, ABC seems to have alot of faith in HE, so placing it behind DWTS makes me think they really want to make it work. I will say I think pairing it with Apt 23 is a good move; the two have a very similar comedic tone, far more so than LMS and Cougar Towm.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 15, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think ABC has had tremendous faith in ‘Happy Endings’ ever since it performed so well in what will be the ‘Nashville’ time slot, two years ago.

Comment by Eric – May 15, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The comparison was that Dancing is a poor lead in to Happy Endings just as Last Man Standing was a poor lead in to Cougar Town. Not that Happy Ending is a poor lead in to Apt 23. I agree that ABC is showing some faith in Happy Ending, but not much by placing two shows that are clearly not considered ‘family friendly’ and targeted at the 18 – 35 demo after a show that is VERY family friendly and also grabs the ‘older’ demo. I really hope that I am wrong about this and that Happy Endings and Apt 23 are able to thrive, but I have major doubts.

Comment by Brent Reed – May 15, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to see Revenge taking over the old time slot held by the departed Desperate Housewives. Also, Happy Endings goes up against New Girl on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and DWTS goes up against The Voice for Round Two on the same night and time respectively.

Comment by bad kevin – May 15, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope FOX clobbers ABC with New Girl.

Comment by Juan – May 15, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had not heard if Scandal had been renewed, but I guess it has, it’s on the schedule. Woo Hoo!!

Comment by Rebecca – May 15, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I figured Revenge was moving to Sunday, but I thought it would be at 10, with 666 Park Ave. at 9. It’s a bit strange to stick Revenge in between two supernatural shows and it seems like sandwiching a new show between their two most popular new dramas would have been a great way to boast viewership. But perhaps 666 Park Ave. is darker than I’ve been imagining.
    I wish they would have kept GCB around (It was one of those shows that could have really hit its stride in its second season). It would have been a decent companion with Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B- (as opposed to Private Practice that just needs to be done.)
    The Last Resort seems so out of place with Grey’s and Scandal. Then again, it seems really out of place on ABC…

Comment by Emily – May 15, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I think Revenge would have made more sense paired with Scandal, but then I also think they shoud’ve paired Body of Proof with Castle from the get go and that never happened.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 15, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof held till midseason ? It will be given the cougar town treatment by ABC ,I Bet

Comment by joe – May 15, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post