House Scoop: Will Chase Reunite With Cameron In Series Finale?

It’s the question that House‘s “Chameron” fans been asking ever since it was announced that Jennifer Morrison would return for the series finale airing May 21: Will Chase and ex-wife Cameron reunite?

Speaking with TVLine at the red carpet for NBC’s Upfront event, where he was representing his new drama Chicago Fire, Jesse Spencer revealed that, yes, he and Once Upon a Time‘s leading lady do share a scene — “briefly,” he emphasized. (Note: The photo accompanying this story is from Season 6.)

VIDEO | House Exclusive: Hugh Laurie Previews Thirtenn’s ‘Intervention’

“A lot of people came back, actually,” the Aussie added, alluding to the previously announced encores by Olivia Wilde (who first shows up in tonight’s episode), Amber Tamblyn (as Martha Masters) and Kal Penn (Kutner, R.I.P.)

Spencer would not elaborate on the nature of the Chase/Cameron scene, only saying that the finale as a whole “is not going to be the happiest thing in the world” yet does serve up “an appropriately satisfying ending for longtime viewers.” And specific to his alter ego — who quit in last week’s episode and is not seen tonight —  he enthused, “Chase has a final moment which I’m very, very happy that they approached.”

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

Turning to NBC’s Chicago Fire, Spencer describes his Lt. Matthew Casey as “a natural-born leader” and “good soldier” who reports to the characters played by Eamonn Walker (Oz) and Merle Dandridge (Sons of Anarchy). But good soldier or not, “You can’t get away from egos completely in those situations,” he notes. “These guys are called heroes, but at the end of the day people are people and egos abound.”

Chicago Fire will air Wednesdays at 10/9c, premiere date TBA.

1. heybif says:

Noooo! I don’t like Chameron :(

• Anouk says:

“Chameron” reunion would totally ruin Chase’s mature story line for me. He deserves better than that, and I hope it doesn’t happen.

• ultimate troll says:

Did either of you read the story? They share a brief scene together. That’s it.

Now simma down.

2. Gilrey says:

I like how they decide to bring in Jennifer Morrison in at last minute. Like… she finally has a good show or something and then its ‘oh, lets bring her in.’

Never really saw House, but as a OUAT fan im saying she shouldn’t go back. I heard they just wrote her out of the show just cause they felt like it. Lol.

• Alison says:

They wrote her out of the show because her character had been fully explored and it provided the writers with a way to really push the story along and further develop House as a character. It had nothing to do with Jennifer Morrison as an actress. She wouldn’t be returning if she felt that there was bad blood between her and the creators.

• Cash says:

Oh that’s complete BS. They wrote her out of the show to make room for the new “IT” girl, Olivia Wilde, who then promptly bailed for her budding movie career. I don’t expect you to know this since you’re obviously not in the industry, but rule of thumb is “Midseason departure = bad blood.” If it were an amicable split, they would have let her stay until the end of the season, as it’s not like she jumped straight into her next project and obviously had no plan B at that point.
        That she agreed to return at all shows how much of a class act Morrison is.

• CC says:

I could not agree more with your post. On a personal note, I love Cameron as an individual character, I always enjoyed how she pushed House’s buttons and I hated her with Chase.

• Tatjana says:

This is so true, and the ”it” girl was such a flop like somebody wanted to ruin this once great show on purpose

• show bidness says:

“I don’t expect you to know this since you’re obviously not in the industry”

You must be the mean spirited, mousey, know-it-all who hands people their moist towlettes on set and then sells whatever gossip you can make up to a tabloid for twenty bucks.

No kissing on the mouth though eh?

• D says:

Seriously she was treated abysmally. The mid-season thing does pretty much mean that there was ”bad blood’ there. The whole ‘we finished with her storyline’ statement was ridiculous, and this is coming from someone who was never a massive Cameron fan. They could easily have gotten rid of Foreman or even Chase and decided their ‘storyline was over’. The sad reality on this show is that job security was more likely if you happened to be a man. Cameron, Amber, Sam and Cuddy were all eventually reduced to love interests and ‘apparently’ became expendable in the end. Even House’s Mother was turned into the woman who repeatedly opened her legs in an acid house in the end.

• squander doodle says:

I would question only that
            a) she was treated so abysmally that she publicly declared her desire to return to the show and then actually did
            b) no question gals don’t fare well on the show but why is house’s mom diminished in your view because she had sex, or “opened her legs” as you so classily refered to it?
            c) let’s not pretend Sam was anything other than a transitory character

• D says:

“They wrote her out of the show to make room for the new “IT” girl, Olivia Wilde”

Stopped reading here, nothing you say has any bearing on reality, based on this.

• Kath says:

Too true, They wrote her out to bring in Shore’s darling Olivia Wilde. There was a lot more they could have done with Cameron but as long as she was around, she showed up what a mistake Thirteen was so Shore dropped her from the show completely after promising for two years that he would bring Cameron and Chase back full time.

Not a coincidence that the show’s highest ratings were in season 3 and it was a slow declince since then.

• Patty says:

There is not one character that has been thoughly explored on House, including Cameron. In the past 8 years, we have only been given glimpses. Just when you thought you were getting another piece to the puzzle, the storyline changed completely.

• guest says:

Her show has been successful since October, they only announced she was returning like a month ago. I’m pretty sure OUAT’s success had very little to do with their decision to bring her back.

• dee says:

OUAT will never approach the popularity and quality that House enjoyed at its height.

• Lorei says:

OUAT pretty much s*** and Jennifer is terrible in it. I laugh so hard with her “non” facial expressions and the crappy effects XD

• Val. says:

Yeah keep telling yourself that. Bitter Much?

• tripoli says:

So true!

• karo says:

It is your choice to like OUAT or not but you can`t deny that it is a solid new Hit-show. It is the number1 new drama of the year and if you look on the usual social media- sites you will see that the show is highly popular. Of course it isn`t comparable with House. House was a phenomenon, i`m not sure if any show can ever reproduce the success it had during their big days.

You are obviously no fan of Jennifer but stop bitching over her acting. She is doing on Once the best performances of her career. Even the critics acknowledged her acting of the last three Once-episodes.

• K says:

If you don’t watch House regardless of new episodes or reruns, Morrison was a key character in the first several seasons. Don’t sound pompous and stupid saying they “brought her in at the last moment.” She didn’t have to come on set at all. Don’t be dumb with “I heard” statements. Just saying.

• Dannielle says:

Mo she left to go do OUAT she felt her character had went as far it go on house as she had been in love with house then chase then chase killing the guy was it for her made her hate house too much they didn’t kick her off she just didn’t renew her contract cause she had another show to do

• karo says:

That`s bollocks!! Jen didn`t choose to leave,she said it several times on her Twitter that the writers stopped writing for her character & at the time she had to leave House the pilot of OUAT was not even written. Stop make up lies,please!

3. Spencer says:

I’m sure Chase comes out looking great and Cameron will look weak, pathetic and cheap. They won’t let any strong woman survive without turning her into something vile or a whore. Is there nothing to bring about excitement for the end of this once awesome show?

• Brendan says:

Is there nothing bad about it you wont assume based on absolutely nothing before you’ve even seen the episode?

• portly in Ndub says:

No Brendan, this is the internet. The home for those who spend their days thinking about what they will be pissed off at during the evening, while watching tv. Your post seems insightful and sane. Beware, there be dragons here…

4. Luke says:

Jennifer is beautiful!!!

5. They should never have written out Cameron. I really liked her character in the show. I mean her role in OUAT wouldn’t of happen but like still. She was one of the original characters of the show and to have the people say that they wrote her out of the show is dumb. Whatever, Once Upon A Time is better lol.

• G-Mom says:

When the Chase/Cameron part ended and Jennifer left, was when I quit watching.

• Lyn says:

Yeah, that was when I started watching purely out of loyalty to the show. After they did that with Cameron and Chase in season 6, the whole series just fell apart for me – although I was steadily disliking the show starting in season 5. Cameron was never my favorite but I did like her and I hated the weird situations the writers consistently chose to put her in. I always thought she was better off with Chase. Can’t wait to see her in the finale!!

6. James says:

They will be at houses funeral

7. itbean says:

Perhaps they will do something along the lines of what was done on ER when Julianna Margulies left the show. Or when William Peterson left CSI. Maybe Chase will leave to find Cameron and be with her.
    Or maybe not. Who knows can’t wait to find out though. :)
    Cheers!

8. MT says:

If they do it then at least one couple comes out of “HOUSE” happy :) I hope its true but I doubt it :/
    At least we get to see Jesse Spencer in Chicago Fire this fall! Yeah!!!
    Wait, Chicago?! Cameron is in Chicago too! :D

9. I always liked Chase and Cameron’s romance. It probably has something to do with why Season 3 is my favorite. I doubt they’ll write them getting back together, though, since this finale seems to be generally unhappy.

10. Phil Hersh says:

Based on the trailer for Chicago Fire here, Jesse speaks in an American Accent and has dropped his Australian one. Totally weird.

11. Moochoo says:

I think House will try to kill himself and Chase will rush him to the ER where Cameron works with Masters and while they are working on him he sees Kutner. I don’t really care who comes back for the final episode as long as Wilson survives!!!

12. paolo says:

lmao! so cheesy!

13. Rona Barret's wig says:

Weren’t Spencer and Morrison engaged in real life? And that broke up, which precipitated her leaving the show, yes?

• Heather says:

Jesse and Jennifer broke up three years before Cameron was written off the show. I believe it was between seasons 3 and 4 when their engagement ended so that shouldn’t have had any affect on season six’s Cameron departure.

14. paolo says:

omg maybe cameron will come back with a robert chase junior! lmao

15. paolo says:

cameron and master will be there for the funerals of someone, but the question is, who? Chase? not really dramatic, House? no, Shore wants to make movies after the series, Wilson? he could be the reason of their return.

16. Brendan says:

I’m happy with how they wrapped up Chase’s storyline, I thought him leaving to go lead his own team was a very fitting ending. Also like that they did it two episodes before the finale; allowed them the time to give his character full attention and a proper wrap-up without making the finale too busy (hopefully).

17. Astrid says:

Cuddy where are you.!?

18. kaira says:

Oh come on!!!!! I dont want chameron scene!!! She deserves a House-Cameron scene!

19. Hector says:

The show Chicago fire was filmed one block from my job and I saw Jesse and the rest of the cast in the fire house!!!!

20. Jules says:

Honestly I prefer that Chase & Cameron rekindle something together…or just have another honest talk…rather she hookup with House….No thank you!
    It will be even better if she dosent say anything at all… Just being there…and gave a sympathic look/smile or hug..That’s it..
    But, (excluding “Holding On”) we have only 8 days to wait until the finale…her return, is not the main (or my) priority of the story anyway..

21. Sarah says:

cameron will be pregnant,

22. Sue says:

Hope so best couple ever on the show n they totally ruined them

23. Kriszta says:

I hope rather Chameron than Hameron!

24. Cuddy's lawyer says:

Isn’t Cuddy in the finale so who cares?

25. david says:

Hameron estuvo en las tres temporadas las mas exitosas, se fue Jennifer y House nunca fue igual ,mucho peor la audiencia bajo mucho es la realidad

• Steph says:

You mean YOU liked the idea of Hameron. Since it never actually happened, how could it have been the most successful? In fact, if they had gone that route, I and many others I know would have stopped watching House years ago. That being said, I did like Jennifer and I’m glad she’ll be back for the finale. I only hope Cameron is still not hung up on House since that would show she had zero growth as a character since Season One.

• Reply says:

It never actually happened? LOL Re-watch season 1-2-3, Hameron was the first ship and it have been the most successful because season 1-2-3 are certainly the most beautiful and the most viewed series, with the ever-growing audience and the most critical acclaimed and important awards. Then, unfortunately, we lost Bryan Singer so we lost the true brilliant mind behind House so the show is imploded in subsequent years. Cameron and House Cameron ship-dynamic was key to the success of the show when the show was a huge hit. Ship not just about sex, Hameron was much more sophisticated and well written. Note – Sorry for my English.

• Roxi says:

O yes,all of success just was due the Hameron,haha good joke!

• Steph says:

Perhaps you are the one who has to re-watch. When I say Hameron never actually happened, I mean they were never a true couple in canon. Cameron pursued House, but even when she forced his hand to take her on a date, he knew why she was attracted to him and told her so. It was because he was damaged and Cameron wanted to fix him. The definition of a true “circle queen”. The only ones who ever saw a chance for love was Cameron and some of the hopeful fans. Fortunately, at least Cameron finally came to the realization there would never be a relationship after witnessing House’s feelings for Stacy when she said, “I thought you were too screwed up to love anyone… I was wrong. You just couldn’t love me.” Personally, I thought Cameron became a stronger and more interesting character once she got over her schoolgirl crush.

• Lorei says:

Hameron never existed. It was in the mind of a few delusional brasilian and italian fans. End of story XD

• @ Lorei says:

Just like huddy/cuddy is “Dead and Buried ancient history” on this show, she is not even worth for them to bring her back, still you bunch of losers can’t move on..

• Kriszta says:

Huddy was a real relationship (If you don’t know,just watch the extra of the season 7. DVD),Hameron was just a fan fantasy…

• Kath says:

Losing Bryan Singer was a huge hit for the show. He kept David Shore from excesses for the sake of messing things up.

I thought the House/Cameron dynamic was more complex and layered than the House/Cuddy one which seemed to be mostly about sex and gamesmanship than caring enough about the other person to put their needs ahead of your own.

• Lyn says:

Hameron was only ever a possibility the writers “teased” us with but never actually came about. But I do agree with you about the show’s decline (for me personally, anyway) with the loss of Bryan Singer.

26. JohnDoe says:

Wow, are they so desperate for story ideas that they have to dig up an old one that wasn’t interesting the first time?

27. Televidente says:

I´m not american but I undestand what are you saying.
    The three first seasons of Dr House were the best and Cameron was in all of them and after the first team was broken the series wasn´t the same and after Cameron left Dr House it has gone from bad to worse, I always thought that Amber should´ve stay in House´team instead of 13 because Amber was a better character and 13 was as boring as Taub and Foreman, otherwise i could say the same of Adams.
    I have many friends who stop watching Dr House because negative changes in the serie

I think Cameron should not return to Dr House because it makes no sense to return a series that is in decline, besides its role as Emma in Ouat has overshadowed Cameron’s character which was very good and interesting despite all the limitations presented a difference of 13 which was liberal but turns out to be boring, even Park is a more interesting character than her.

28. Mike says:

forget Chase, Cameron should go home with House, the way I and Grey wanted it for so long.

29. jim says:

House and Wilson will come out of the closet and thank Obama for approving their life style.

30. Ronnie says:

yesssss pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!! make them be together again!!!!!!!! I love them soooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! I cry every time I watch Lockdown, their break-up was sooo unfair!!! stupid writers!!!!!! I do hope they get back together though I doubt they will, those writers are so unhappy with their lives that they don’t let anybody on this show be happy ¬¬

• Cuddy's lawyer says:

Yes,here is the truth,so forget the stupid Hameron things!

• Val. says:

What are you cuddy fans still doing here? go away already.

• Ash says:

Yes, why don’t LE bitter fangirls watch for her new projects? Oh, wait….

• Cuddy's lawyer says:

Because no better junket, than read the funny Hamerons comments here :)

• Cuddy's hairbrush says:

@Cuddy’s lawyer
            Nope, point is LE has no projects at all so her poor bitter fangirls have nothing better to do than troll the forums. Get a life, moron

• Ronnie says:

hey girls my post didn’t have anything to do with Huddy so stop talking bulsh*t! Besides that someone doesn’t like Hameron doesn’t mean that’s because they like Huddy! I couldn’t care less about Huddy (or Cuddy or LE) and yet I don’t like Hameron simply because I LOVE Chameron, period. so stop trying to turn any comment against Hameron (which wasn’t even the point of my post) as made by some LE, Huddy, Cuddy, whatever fan. Stop making Cuddy the center of the wolrd!!! You keep complaining about the Cuddy fans out there but you’re the ones that bring Cuddy up to every comment!! Stop assuming that everything that’s spoken against your -I assume- beloved Hameron has to do with her! I get you’re frustrated because House loved Cuddy and not Cameron so you want to attack Cuddy as much as you can but that doesn’t mean that you have to make everything revolve aroung her! I insist, it’s you the ones that keep bringing her up!
            My comment was about how much I want Chase and Cameron together and the only reply that had anything to do with it was the first one, all the others were pure bullsh*t. If you want to carry on with your war against Cuddy go somewhere else! I even recommend you to go to another article because this one isn’t about Cuddy, Huddy, House or Hameron, it’s purely about Chase and Cameron and Jesse’s new project, that’s it. Go with your poison somewhere else! I don’t give a sh*t about Cuddy or House, he could go back with Stacy or just die for all I care…

31. Ella says:

Aww, I hope they end up together. I’m wondering if that’s why he turned down Adams when she asked him out – because he’d rekindled his relationship with his ex-wife.

32. Reply says:

According Odette Annable, Chase and Adams will end up together.

• Alicia L. says:

That was a prediction of the future and I’m sure they had to say something like that to keep the fans guessing about the finale! I don’t think they would end up together mostly because they haven’t had mush emphasis on them together and I just recently watched Lockdown and it is very clear to me that Chase/Cameron could easily get back together!

Odette Annable was not being that serious in that video in fact no one other than Omar Epps was so I don’t trust anything she has to say.

• h3adcrush3r says:

>Tessa in Los Angeles: Anything on the House finale? Anything??
        The details surrounding the series finale are so secret that even the cast is scared as hell to mention anything about it! “Honestly we don’t know that much and anything that we do know we have to keep in the vault,” Odette Annable tells us. But we did manage to squeeze some Chase romance scoop out of her. “It was always sort of assumed that at one point something was going to happen, something romantic,” Annable says. “We’re shooting the second to last episode right now, so we’ll see. I can’t say anything! I feel like I’m giving too much away already.”

33. D says:

I think House falls below somewhere. In the promo, he’s only seen lying down on that pavement, staring at Jennifer Morrison. I think he spends the entire episode there imagining his past fellows and examining his life, and Foreman and Wilson are on the search for him.

At least, that’s what I thought before Spencer dropped this on us, meaning Cameron does not appear as a dream or hallucination, unless House dreams up Chase as well.

34. Kath says:

I’m thrilled that Cameron/Jennifer Morrison will be back for the finale of House.

But I hope she doesn’t get together with Chase. That was a dysfuncational relationship from the beginning and Chase’s actions around Dibala, while typical for House M.D., reinforced that they are better as friends than in a relationship.

35. k says:

that would b lame and give her no reason whatsoever to come back. She and Chase had sex back in season 6. That would b the longest pregnancy ever if it was chase’s!