Fall TV Grid: What's on When? And Versus What?

It’s never too early to start planning your fall TV viewing habits — and get a jump on any new DVR conflicts! — so TVLine presents thus day-by-day, hour-by-hour grid of the schedules for each network.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back in the Fall? What’s Toast?

Programming for the 2012-13 TV season is shown in bold, with new series in red.  Details on the schedules (including what’s held for midseason) can be found at these links: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS and The CW.

[ CLICK HERE FOR SEPTEMBER PREMIERE DATES ]

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Scheduling News

1. tom says:

i thought unforgettable was canned

2. Mary Anne says:

Harrys Law & Awake ??????

• anonymous says:

Both shows were cancelled.

• Ahmed says:

NBC Canceled both shows, sadly.

• Gwen says:

It doesn’t make sense…they cancelled “Harry’s Law” but kept “30 Rock with Brian Williams” which was getting much worse ratings than “Harry’s Law”??? I suppose because it costs less to produce a news magazine than an hour-long drama. Too bad…when is the last time NBC had an Oscar winner starring in a series?

• rubytu says:

NBC has terrible judgment on these things. They might be doomed. Awake was really a great show, and Harry’s Law…….. Now, they’ve got Community on Friday nightand after Whitney. Are they deliberately trying to kill their shows? They suck. And worse, I don’t see anything in the new lineups that look good enough to replace the shows that are being cancelled. Idiots.

• connie says:

NBC better not cancel grimm. NBC has a habit of doing that.

• sandra geary says:

As of right now, I only watch The Voice and Go On, on NBC. However , once DWTS starts, that’s the end of The Voice. When is Smash starting ? You’re right, NBC is not what it used to be.

• barbara says:

i was stunned to see one of the reasons harrys law was cancelled. was it really because most of the veiwing aud. is old??? people want to boycot nbc is this gonna be necessary??

• Nora McCain says:

Yes, and a lot of us “old” people who watch shows like Harry’s Law spend more money on advertiser’s products than a lot of their younger viewers.

3. Renee says:

Wow my TV watching is down to 4 or 5 shows all week long. Hope my favorite writers become more prolific.

4. Whimsical says:

Wow, it’s like they deliberately designed this schedule to get me to watch as little TV as possible.

5. Louise says:

didn’t the secret circle get cancelled..

• anonymous says:

CW has not announced their new schedule yet. For now the old schedule is up there, but they will update it once the CW announces their new lineup.

• dawn says:

yeah they cancelled the secret circle because they think all these reality shows are better evryone i talk to would much rather have a liitle fantasy in there lives instead of watching some one elses drama man i would rather watch soap operas than this stupid reality shows and i hate soap operas i dont remember who had merlin one but they cancelled that two and syfy picked it up maybe syfy, tnt, amc, a&e, bbc will pick it up they seem to have the best shows on any more.

6. Pia says:

guys the grey one’s are the fall 2011-2012 schedules, they’re just showing how things were then, obviously the cancelled shows will be replaced :)

7. JimJam says:

Wow….I don’t have too many shows as of right now. Will need more info on the new ones.

8. Tami says:

What, the two shows I like watching the best are up against each other? Sorry Glee. Office is my priority now.

9. Kate says:

it will be difficult to choose, glee or greys, this could be a bad move for glee.

10. Elyse says:

Thursdays at 9pm/10pm are my busy TV night. i have too many shows on that i like. Glee might not make the cut this year!

11. Ana says:

Wow. This looks bad. And four nights of singing competitions? Yikes! When are they going to reach over-saturation? No wonder more and more people are flocking to cable. Network tv is becoming more and more unwatcheable each season…

12. Karen says:

Desperate Housewives? Last night was the SERIES finale!! Missing/Charlies Angels were both CANCELLED. Maybe you should be up-to-date before you put things out there for the public to read.

• anonymous says:

They will update it once ABC, CBS and the CW announce their new lineups….that’s why the old schedules are still there. Those schedules have not been announced yet.

• Marisa says:

Maybe, Karen, if you read what it said before the schedule was displayed – “Programming for the 2012-13 TV season is shown in bold, with new series in red. And merely as reference, scheduling from the TV season gone by is denoted in light grey text.” – you’d understand that the old schedules were there for reference. And then, you know, you’d be up-to-date before you put things out there for the public to read. /burn

13. Andrea says:

Geez, I’m down to 5 shows! I’m very interested to see ABC’s new schedule tomorrow.

14. Sue says:

When will the rest of the networks announce there new fall schedules?

15. Brendan says:

I love how many people instantly post a correction without reading the original post carefully. >_< Thank you for pooling all this information together, it's much appreciated.

16. Vicky says:

Angry about glees change of time, it’s stupid to have it up against grey’s – grey’s ratings are seriously going to suffer :/ Especially as this depends on who Shonda kills off…she’s going to lose lots of vieers.

• TigerNightmare says:

I consider myself a Glee fan. Sort of. I guess. But if fans think Grey’s is worth the time now and they also watch Glee, they’ll most definitely choose Grey’s over it. Out of every show I watch, I would choose the other show over Glee unless it’s a non-serialized procedural like Bones or Castle. Well, I dunno, maybe I’ll watch Bones and Castle over Glee. I guess. I dunno. Okay, I would watch Glee over a reality show I hate, like anything with the Kardashians, The Bachelor(ette), etc. Yeah. I can say that with confidence.

• Roger says:

I completely agree! I have followed Glee from the start, but they should have just ended it this season. I will be tuning in to Grey’s over Glee. I will probably still buy the music but I will just catch the fourth season on DVD or online later

17. Jon says:

Does it really matter what night its on or what its up against? Does anyone watch tv as it airs anymore? The only thing I watch as it airs is sports. I watch all my shows on Hulu+, VOD or dvr. Maybe I’m why so many shows get cancelled.

• Renee says:

And I ALWAYS DVR sports and let them get about an hour ahead so I can skip the commercials. Best way to watch football and golf.

18. Krithika says:

Oh God!!!! I’m praying Castle doesn’t get moved to that ridiculous 8pm Thursday slot!!! There’s just way too much competition there and ratings are bound to go down!!! C’mon ABC don’t be stupid!!!!! 10pm Mondays are just fine!!

19. henry says:

Well glee got screwed, I’d rather watch grey’s… Guess I’ll save it to see it another time…

20. Thari says:

Does this mean that Bob’s Burgers is renewed??

21. allison says:

BAD move Glee!! Going up against Grey’s and NBC comedy Thursdays. What were they thinking? And seriously, FOX gave up Alcatraz (so disappointed by that cancellation) for something called Mob Doctor! Good thing they still have New Girl or I would not watch FOX at all.

22. smidnite says:

See my Sunday shot to Hell?

23. Ing says:

Did it ever occur to anyone that if there is a chance that Castle may move, that Grey’s has a chance of moving to a different night and timeslot as well? ABC may just move things around, so it could be that FOX knows something we don’t when it comes to moving Glee to that time slot. I could be wrong, so we will just have to wait and see.

• Amanda says:

It would be a mistake to move Grey’s, I think. It’s still a high rating show for ABC and they don’t really have anything else to anchor Thursdays right now. And Castle shouldn’t be on before 10, anyway, so keeping it Monday’s after DWTS makes sense. I really hope they don’t move either shows.

24. Robin says:

Thank you!Thank you! Thank you for doing this grid! I’ll have to keep checking it out to as you update it. Are you going to bookmark it at the top like the renewal scorecard is?

25. mirvin365 says:

I hope ABC moves “the Middle” to Tuesdays & pairs it with “Last Man Standing”. I think they would compliment each other (even though I don’t watch either). Selfishly I would LOVE to have Suburgatory, Modern Family, Apt 23, Happy Endings & Revenge on one nite – I wouldn’t even have to change the channel! :)

I’m bummed “Missing” was cancelled – I was starting to enjoy it. Maybe they didn’t know where else to take it. Maybe ABC should just go back to Grey’s, PP and have Scandal at 10/9c. Would work for me.

Hey ABC exec – ever think of giving Missing another shot on Sundays 10/9c? Might work with a good lead in at 8/9c.

26. Tiffany says:

I’m not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, the TVLine team in all their amazing brilliance are saving me a ton of time, but on the other, my yearly Excel spreadsheet of the Fall TV schedule has always been my own special badge of nerdy honor! I guess I’ll go with gratitude. Thanks! :-P

• Lucy says:

haha I still make a spreadsheet with the shows I’m going to watch. Complete with color codes for diferent networks!

• mamafox says:

My friends give me grief for my spreadsheets that have shows listed by night, network, and which DVR I have scheduled to record it.

27. Russ says:

Did they move the Voice from spring to fall?

28. Angela says:

So “Community” will be on at 8:30 (or 7:30 my time) on Fridays, then. Got it. *Makes note*
    So far no real interest in any of the new shows at this time, but that could change down the line. Will be interested to see how the schedule’s fleshed out when everything is set in stone with other shows that will be returning next fall, then I can make my viewing plans accordingly :D.

29. carls says:

Now my question is Unforgetabble canceled the cancellation, because I have understood and all sites say that it was not renewed. Thanks for your work Tvline

• Meg says:

As noted above, the shows in grey are just a reference for what was there in the 2011-2012 season. Shows in black (bold) are returning shows in their time spot for the 2012-2013 season and shows in red are new. I’m sure as upfronts happen and schedules are released the grid will be updated.

30. Taylor says:

Glee and Grey’s on at the same time?? My loyalties will definitely be tested. On the other hand, I can watch Touch without feeling conflicted. :D

31. Forwarddad says:

I appreciate the grid and I understand that the old shows ate therefor reference but if we know it was canceled why not a TBA?

32. Dushy says:

Is there a chance The Secret Circle is not canceled even though we’re hearing all these rumors? Could it be moving to 8/7c since The Vampire Diaries is taking its time slot?

33. Dushy says:

Also is The CW planning on adding a third hour to their prime time block? Because “Allegedly” Only Ringer and The Secret Circle is canceled and I see their about to add 5 new shows coming this fall.

34. Ashley says:

GREY’S ANATOMY :D <3 WOOHOO!

35. Nan says:

I hope ABC will not move Castle from Mondays, it is perfect timeslot for this show

36. KSM says:

That 9-10 pm time slot on Tuesdays is BRUTAL. I like a lot of those shows, and they put the best sounding new shows in that slot as well!

37. aya says:

Okay, I’m very unhappy that Happy Endings, New Girl, and Matthew Perry’s new show are ALL on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. I mean, seriously? I guess I’ll have to watch Happy Endings in real time and Hulu the other stuff. :(

38. John says:

Thank you cable networks!

(And TiVo).

39. Gwen says:

Is “Who Do You Think You Are?” still on NBC’s schedule somewhere, perhaps as a mid-season replacement? We really enjoy that show.

40. Paige says:

Jeez 3 shows on Tuesday at 9PM that I want to watch. Ugh, this is gonna mean I have a lot of catching up to do show wise.

41. Alex says:

Now ABC’s schedule finally looks GOOD. Sundays are going to be awesome, pairing Revenge with Once Upon A Time is perfect, and 666 Park Avenue seems cool. Love putting Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 together!

42. LTA says:

There is not enough space on my tivo to record everything I want to see on Mondays. What a nightmare. I hate the new schedule. Plus, too much of the voice. It is overkill.

43. Beth says:

Am I blind? Where’s Smash?

44. MGL says:

Love Revenge, but also love The Good Wife. Hate to see them up against each other. CBS should move Good Wife back to Tues at 10. It can succeed against Parenthood and Private Practice.

45. Pamela says:

What happened to body of proof?

46. Why is NBC launching their potential big hit at 10pm on Mondays? Do they not see the competition that night? Makes no sense..

47. utahgidget says:

New Girl and Happy Endings on at the same time?! Frack.

48. Nicole says:

I suppose now that Community has moved to Fridays I can start watching TBBT again…

49. Britta Unfiltered says:

Glee against Grey’s? bwaaahahahaha. That will be an interesting ratings fight as I’m pretty sure they share the exact same audience. Bold move, Fox. Bold move. Thank goodness Community doesn’t have to stress being in that fight. They only have to stress airing on a night when nobody watches television and having Whitney as their lead-in. Yep, I still feel bitter. [Sigh].

50. Morgan Purdy says:

Certain shows on the US networks play out on CTV, CBC or Global in Canada. Good to see Person of Interest back, but can’t believe Fox axed The Finder and Alcatraz. Duh! And not we have a firefighter show? Let’s give the viewers out there something different for a change. NYC 22 is not unlike Rookie Blue, with both shows having characters who are not believeable as police officers. Yet both highlight the major police forces in the USA and Canada (NY City and Toronto). That’s why I also like what HBO brings to the table with shows like True Blood, Girls, Game of Thrones. Why don’t the major networks start getting into 21st century mode. And not be about demographics, and selling 30 second spots. It’s about the entertainment. Look at shows like Gunsmoke that ran so many seasons. Or why Survivor is about to mark No. 25. I’m a baby boomer, and that demographic is the majority in North America. Look to that market, not the kids of 18 and 22. They are not watching TV like I might have done back then, when we had fewer channels, and shows like Cannon and Bonanza. :) Not unlike reading a newspaper which I do, but I know my kids and the younger generation don’t. Bones, Criminal Minds, CSI…strong TV staples. Same goes for the NCIS franchises, or the revamped Hawaii 5-0 (which makes the original look campy when I watch it on ME-TV). Now there’s a channel that I watch a lot more of thanks to the old shows of my youth, like Rifleman, Cannon, Gunsmoke, Get Smart, Honey West, Wild Wild West and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, or Perry Mason and Rockford Files. PVRing really helps now.