Casting Scoops: Richard Burgi Tapped as Burn Notice Villain, Gloria Votsis Back on White Collar

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Desperate Housewives alum Richard Burgi has landed a villainous guest spot on the upcoming sixth season of Burn Notice, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Red-Hot White Collar Buzz: Why Is Smallville Alum Laura Vandervoort Kissing Neal?!

And in other USA Network news, Gloria Votsis will return to White Collar as fence Alex Hunter in Episode 8 of Season 4, premiering July 10 at 10/9c.

Burgi — who also played Brooke’s dad on One Tree Hill — will appear as Morris, a duplicitous, backstabbing loan shark with a vile temper who’s looking to move up the criminal ladder in Episode 7. Additionally, Brando Eaton (Dexter) guests as a naive punk with a big ego that doesn’t match his inexperience.

Burn Notice returns June 14 at 9/8c.

Comments (48)

• Alex is coming back to White Collar? I might have to tune in for her ep.

Comment by Aims – May 14, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Alex is coming back. I was wondering why they didn’t have her on S3. Master thief finally discovers her family/life-long treasure and when it “disappears” she didn’t play a part in the stolen treasure or care?

Comment by JJ – May 14, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes for Alex, can we please get rid of Sara?

Comment by Mary – May 14, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always good to have Alex back on White Collar. I like her a whole lot more than Hilarie Burton.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – May 14, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like Alex but i also like Sara (Hilarie Burton). I guess i should say that as long as Matthew Bomer is on my screen i will like any girl they pair with him. he is beautiful.

Comment by rebecca – May 14, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I enjoy both women; but do hope Alex is able to take the guys to task for cheating her out of the treasure she spent her life looking for.

Comment by smidnite – May 14, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought they blamed the heist on that evil ex-partner of Neil’s?

Comment by Shaun – May 15, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, it was Keller that took the “credit” for bringing back the treasure to the Russians (but only some of it was returned because Mozzie saved out Neal’s little less than half before their fallout)
          I am sure Alex will find out that there is a portion (billions of dollars worth) of treasure left, which Neal and Mozzie are living on in their new life. I look forward to Alex coming back, because it is always exciting to see what will happen next, when she is around.

Comment by Rosie – May 15, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to see Alex back on White Collar. I wish they would get rid of Hilarie Burton though, she can’t act.

Comment by Alex – May 14, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hurray for Alex coming back! I. Love. Her. I never liked Sara, she annoyed every time she was on screen.

Comment by Avalon – May 14, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! Alex returns to White Collar. Maybe now it’ll feel like its old self.

Comment by Zoe – May 14, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Happy! Can’t wait to see Alex on White Collar. I just like her better than Sara. She ups the chemistry.

Comment by MGL – May 14, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY for Alex coming back!! Wish she is around for more than one episode though. I am not a huge fan of Sara

Comment by Carnivel – May 14, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bailed on this show long ago, but might have to return for Alex’s ep. Votsis and Bomer’s chemistry is sizzling, so much better than the dull as dishwater Neal/Sara romance.

Comment by Amber Andersen – May 14, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always love Alex, she’s so smart, thanks WC!

Comment by Paula – May 14, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disgusted at WC for bringing Alex back. She’s classless and oversexed and brings nothing to the show. At least it sounds like it’s only one episode, though. Keep Sara around. She’s Neal’s soulmate.

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol, I don’t hate Alex that much but I do agree Sara and Neal really do belong together.

Comment by Alex – May 14, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are you Disgusted? She was a part of the show since season 1. Been friends with Neal and Mozzie since almost the start. I don’t think she is classless at all. And she does/did bring something to the show. She was part of the arc for the treasure in some form. One can also say that Sara can leave since she was only after the painting. I respect the writers. Its there show.

Comment by Emily – May 14, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Then by that logic, Alex can stay away because the music box/treasure plotline was wrapped up and that was the only reason she was around. :)

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Alex is oversexed???what??isn’t it Sara all the way You are describing?classless suits her too,
          Sara and Neal are not soulmates- she is a merchandiser, he is more of an artist

Comment by ola – May 14, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes for Alex :) i’ve been waiting for the day she return to WC. Guess i will skip the whole S3, n jump straight to S4. Because I’m not a big fan of Sara, it annoyed me whenever she appears on WC. Thank you for bring Alex back :)

Comment by jev – May 14, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a big fan of either one, but I’d prefer Alex being on the show to Sara…mostly because I can’t stand Hilarie Burton…once I see an actor playing someone I hate, it kind of taints their other roles for me. I know, I’m weird…

Comment by bookworm87 – May 14, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy that Alex will be back. She had one of my favorite lines on the show “You remind me of this treasure… some wonderful fantasy out of reach.” Never was a fan of Kate. The Sara and Neal pairing was always a put off. I don’t mind Sara, but I don’t like her with Neal. Glad Jeff is being Gloria back. Alex was always fun to watch with Neal and Mozzie. I hope we see her for a couple of episodes.

Comment by Emily – May 14, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely adore Sara, and I was definitely on the fence about HB and the character at first. Alex is Neil’s past, and I think Sara is his future. I wouldn’t mind Alex returning for the one episode, but I hope they don’t bring her back more than that. Neil having a parade of women and all the relationship drama that would come with would take away from what is really special about the show: Peter and Neil, Peter and El, El and Mozzie, and Neil and Mozzie. :)

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – May 14, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Alex is back next season.

Comment by That Cebuano Kid – May 15, 2012 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boo! She doesn’t contribute a thing to the show.

Comment by Katy – May 15, 2012 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hear, hear. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Comment by Hannah – May 15, 2012 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delighted to hear Alex is back, but unhappy it’s for only one episode. Would have liked to see her in a few, at least. Of course I assume we’ll still have to suffer Halibut Burton in several episodes at least. Shame it’s not her in the one ep, and Gloria in several.

Comment by SG – May 15, 2012 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it is only for one episode.. from what i saw on twitter she she just signed on for the show again last week and they have already filmed 7 episodes, so her start is coming in episode 8, makes sense.. I am sure they will at least give her a few more eps… after all the fans have missed her so much.

Comment by Rosie – May 15, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope, it’s just the one episode.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 15, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well Matt, I am sincerely sorry to hear that. I would love to see her in at least 6 episodes in S4.
          Thanks for the info. I know I will enjoy the episode she is in..

Comment by Rosie – May 15, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe it’s only one episode for now but they’re waiting to see the fan reaction and ratings. So far so good! :)

Comment by Zoe – May 15, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Sara on the show and I love her interaction with Neal. That said, I can’t wait to see what Alex will bring to the table this time…

Comment by Sophia – May 15, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Alex is coming back and I also like Sara. They both play a role in Neal’s life. I love the chemistry between Neal & Alex; however, because she is an active criminal fence, there is no way she could be a regular on the show. Peter has stretched enough rules regarding Neal and Mozzie!

Comment by Helen Callahan (@DreamCougar) – May 16, 2012 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe they won’t make her a regular (although I would like that), but couldn’t Alex at least have a few more episodes! Her fans have waited soooo long.. It is BECAUSE she is an active criminal that makes it alot more interesting and fun in this show.. there’s more to explore with her character, as they led us to believe in S1.. like for instance who are her “powerful” friends?.. I love her with Neal and Mozzie.. I am glad that at least they are giving us something after a whole season without her character. Recently re-watched “Out of the Box” and so agree that the chemistry is so great with MB and GV. It is so very enjoyable to watch their scenes together, romantic or not.

Comment by Rosie – May 16, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god. I love Alex so much. She’s such an interesting character. I am so happy she will be back, even if it’s for one episode!

Comment by Danielle – June 9, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that she is much more fun than sara but she is also a bad influence on Neal and plus Mozzie he doesn’t need that.

Comment by julia murphy – June 29, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sara is the BEST to Neal. She is beautiful and smart. Alex is ugly! that mouth so big!

Comment by marcy – June 30, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marcy, I guess that you are a Sara/Hilarie Burton fan. What I don’t understand is why do you have to be so rude about another actress on the show and say an uncomplimentary thing about her? The character of Alex who is played by Gloria Votsis is a wonderful addition to this show. If you remember correctly she was in the first and second seasons of WC.. I am glad she is coming back for at least one episode. Many of her fans missed her last season. HB and GV are both attractive women. It wouldn’t hurt if everyone gave constructive criticism and not be so nasty.

Comment by Rosie – July 1, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as she doesn’t interfere with Neal/Sara, I’m fine with her coming back.

Comment by Michelle – July 23, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post