Fall TV Preview

NBC Fall Schedule Revealed: Community Moving, Smash Delayed — Watch New Show Clips!

Get More: Fall TV Preview, News

Community Season 4NBC is the first broadcast network to unveil its official game plan for the 2012-13 TV season, and the biggest news regarding returning shows is that Community is relocating to Fridays at 8:30/7:30c where it will follow Whitney. Also of note: Smash is being benched until midseason and The Office has formally been renewed for a ninth season.

Among new fare, the J.J. Abrams/Eric Kripke thriller Revolution has landed Smash‘s plum Monday/10 pm time slot after The Voice, and the Matthew Perry sitcom Go On will be paired with Ryan Murphy’s comedy The New Normal on Tuesday.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

On tap for midseason, in addition to Smash: new cycles of Celebrity Apprentice, Fashion Star, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers and The Biggest Loser; new comedies Save Me, 1600 Penn and Next Caller; and new dramas Do No Harm, Infamous and Hannibal.

RELATED | Is Community Losing Showrunner Dan Harmon?

All told, the NBC schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details. Scroll down farther for clips/trailers from all of the new dramas/comedies:

MONDAY

8:15 pm NBC Sunday Night Football

SUNDAY (Post-football/Winter 2013)
7 pm Dateline NBC
8 pm Fashion Star
9 pm The Celebrity Apprentice
10 pm DO NO HARM

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Are You There, Chelsea?, Awake, Bent, Best Friends Forever, Chuck, Free Agents, Harry’s Law, The Playboy Club, Prime Suspect and The Firm.

Comments (193)

• Ooh! Death slot for Community!

Comment by Miss Chanandler Bong (@BetaRayBob) – May 13, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Friday and after Whitney! They want it to die. Community deserves better.

Comment by Kate – May 13, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They could have cancelled it, they didn’t. Be grateful. This is their way of saying, “this is the final season of Community, enjoy it while it last, and please don’t hate us when we have to cancel it next year.”

I love the show (mostly), and even I can’t believe that it got another season, so I’m extremely happy just for another year to wrap everything up.

Comment by Floodlit World – May 13, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Absolutely! I’m glad you wrote this!

Comment by TV Gord – May 13, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Perhaps, like Cougartown, Community will live on via TBS when it finishes its NBC run?

Comment by Batman – May 13, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I would be ok with this.

Comment by Lizabeth – May 13, 2012 08:20 PM PDT
      • Yeah, kiss of death Friday. Let’s hope networks soon take into account all the DVR/online viewings. Product placement is fine by me, please find a way to make Whitney and Community worth pursuing (yes, I think Whitney is a funny well-written show).

Comment by Nadine – May 13, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • they do take those things into consideration but people watching it live on tv is a lot more important

Comment by mike – May 14, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Only if you have a Nielson box — and since most people don’t, watch whenever you want.

When the hell will the networks abandon the flawed ratings system for something that actually makes sense? The sample is too small, and too heavily weighted in favor of the young (attention, America — you don’t stop spending money after you turn 50).

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:16 AM PDT
        • I agree with everything u said…the nets MUST start taking into account DVRs and online viewing.They MUST keep up with the times.I watch all my shows on my dvr and Im sure direct tv and dish can make these numbers available to the nets…also I LOVE Whitney and I hope more people watch next year

Comment by drdjr24 – May 14, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it’s the same treatment Chuck received last year: fifth and last season on friday night

Comment by claudio – May 13, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Most shows deserve better than following Whitney! This is like Last Man Standing/Cougar Town. Two different shows, only one funny.

Comment by KevyB – May 15, 2012 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And how, how in god’s name did Whiney get a full 2nd season?

Comment by Alice – May 13, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Beats the snot out of me! It was as bad as Chelsea and deserved the same fate.

Comment by Bob – May 14, 2012 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if they followed community with a show like Last Comic Standing, or just a Stand Up Comedy hour. I think Friday could really thrive. I don’t think Grimm and Community make sense together. but at least now the Big Bang and Community crowds dont have to compete…love both shows

Comment by illinicubbies – May 13, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think they would have been better off putting Harry’s Law on Friday’s after Community. Harry’s Law was very funny but had it’s serious side as well. Maybe it would have been better to do Whitney- Community- Harry’s Law- Grimm,

Comment by jasin – May 13, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Harry’s Law was terrific. They could have moved it anywhere on the schedule and I would have followed it there. So much garbage and they drop this fine show. Figures! Probably would have been saved if a Kardashian was playing Harry. The powers that be at NBC dropped the ball with t
          his one.

Comment by Jeff Laffel – May 13, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree, Jeff. I don’t know your age but NBC treats the over 50 crowd as non-existant. I guess that 8 million viewers don’t mean much to them. I’ll bet that most of their new dramas don’t even reach that viewership. NBC will regret cancelling Harry’s Law.

Comment by Stuart Engel – May 13, 2012 09:58 PM PDT
          • I agree, I hate investing my time with NBC. I liked Harry’s Law it lasted two years, generally NBC doesn’t let a show gather an audience. I liked Prime Suspect and poof it was gone, then the Firm and now Awake. You get interested in shows & NBC pulls the plug. Good acting & interesting plot doesn’t make it at NBC. I hate that.

Comment by Joyce Griffin – May 13, 2012 11:24 PM PDT
          • I agree with the comments about the over 50 crowd! I guess the younger generation doesn’t have the attention span to follow these shows story lines.(Harry’s Law and The Firm) My husband and I hope NBC reads these comments and reconsiders -or maybe a cable station or Direct TV will pick them up like they did with Friday Night Lights!

Comment by Janet Nelson – May 14, 2012 08:25 AM PDT
          • I agree also. I love Harry’s Law and I enjoyed Prime Suspect. Kind of tired of Law and Order
            SVU. They seem to be stretching for stories now.

Comment by A stephens – May 21, 2012 05:42 PM PDT
          • Absolutely, Harry’s law was one of the 3 or 4 good shows on NBC. I think the enity responsible for the NBC fall schedule is a left handed orangutan with right handed pinking shears or has bad aim when throwing darts. I hope his/her mother crawls out from under the porch steps and bites him/her when he /she gets home tonight. Harry’s Law had many more saving graces than the simple minded idiot entertainment provided by their situation comdies.

Comment by ED – May 29, 2012 01:56 PM PDT
        • Once again, the over-50 crowd is shown how little it matters. We’re the ones with the money, but we get the back of the nets’ hands again. Harry’s Law had storylines that engaged your emotions as well as your brain, but since the eyeballs watching were deemed to be too old, the show was canceled. Stupid move.

CBS did the same thing with A Gifted Man and Unforgettable — the viewers were too old, even though they were numerous. Stupidity, again and again and again.

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Harry’s Law engaging your brain is a joke. It was just a platform for its writers to clumsily and overtly promote their opinions on social issues, and dialog was painfully unrealistic. Even Kathy Bates seemed to be mailing it in most episodes. The cookie-cutter plots were one-dimensional, which may be why the over-50 crowd enjoyed the show so much… they recognized the plots from the 80′s.

Comment by AlanSaysYo – May 14, 2012 04:08 PM PDT
          • Gee, Alan, did you ever think that maybe some of us agreed with that social agenda? And thanks for the ageist insult. But that’s okay, son — you’ll be old too one day.

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 04:31 PM PDT
    • Well, Fridays have much lowered expectations, especially for NBC. If Community manages to hold on to most of it’s current audience it’ll actually look pretty great in that spot.

Comment by Dryden – May 13, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yesterday I was just joking with someone about it being moved to Friday after hearing about the short-season pick-up. And it’s true!

Comment by Amanda – May 13, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just parenthood & SVU on NBC for me next season

Comment by Martina – May 13, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh btw when I click on REVOLUTION it opens at The Neighbours on ABC

Comment by Martina – May 13, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me it’s SVU, Grimm, and Smash (and way to go, NBC — midseason again. By the time January rolls around, people will have forgotten about it).

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • any word on “The Sing Off”? is it going back to its 5-week format (please please please)?

Comment by rachel. – May 13, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no word yet, i hope it comes back as either a summer show or a winter one like it used to be, the fall experiment was not a success.

Comment by Margaret – May 13, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I read that it was cancelled along with fear factor & who do you think you are

Comment by Martina – May 13, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Zap-2-it says Sing Off, FF, and WDYTYA were cancelled today by NBC, but I doubt that Who Do You Think You Are was cancelled – it’s got good ratings on Fridays and it’s dirt cheap to produce (plus, it’s heavily subsidized – commercials plus ancestry.com embedded). It’s also weird that this announcement came on a Saturday. I don’t really believe that.

Comment by tarc – May 13, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Shouldn’t be that big of a surprise considering:

- NBCs upfronts where at 9 in the morning on a Sunday
          - Renewals and cancellations for shows have been ‘announced’ all over the clock as of late

Comment by crazytoledo – May 13, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I hope The Sing Off isn’t cancelled!!! It’s the only “talent/singing” show I plan to watch!! It is SO good!! But, of course, I’m over 50 so what does NBC care?

Comment by GMom – May 14, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s almost as if NBC likes being in last and they want to get beat by the CW. NBC, you are a colossal joke, and this scheduling only confirms that.

Comment by Smigglesby – May 13, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NBC is a mess but how is this an example of it? Community’s ratings were dropping all season and they’re just as likely to drop going into next year. I think the mindset is to try to put something else on Thursday that will post better ratings (since Thursday is one of their biggest programming blocks) and Community didn’t fit in anymore as it’s been dying and is on it’s way out. Also works because you put a proven name to see what happens on Friday, Grimm managed to do pretty well for NBC on Fridays and CBS has done well enough with CSI: NY and Blue Bloods on the night.

Comment by crazytoledo – May 13, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh god. Why is Brian Williams show coming back. It’s been consistently getting less than 1.0 in the 18-49 demo. This is madness. Then Thursday night is all existing comedies (which besides The Office have horrendous ratings). God knows why Up All Night was renewed. And SVU at 9pm. They’ve tried that so many times before shoving it back to 10pm due to falling ratings. Have to admit though that I am kind of intrigued by the Friday experiment with Whitney and Community.

Comment by Jay – May 13, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rock Center is cheap, and it’s excellent.

Comment by TV Gord – May 13, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Typo — two 8pms on Friday.

Comment by PhillyWings – May 13, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Fringe stays in its current time slot, I will be having the best Fridays ever. Community and Fringe! Sucks that they are putting it into a death slot though.

Comment by Emma – May 13, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness for the DVR or I would never watch community on Friday.

Comment by leigh – May 13, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? They put Rock Center on Thursdays at 10?!? I thought they cancelled it already! No wonder NBC can’t break out if the doldrums if they insist on crapping on Must See TV night with Brian Williams.

Comment by Paul Rose Jr – May 13, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree that it is a waste of a good timeslot, just seems like cheap filler til they have another show ready. Seems like NBC had a horrible pilot season but had nothing hardly to bring back

Comment by Chad Cronin (@ChadCronin) – May 13, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NBC’s Thursday at 10pm, is no way a good timeslot anymore, Prime Suspect, The Firm and Awake died there this season. NBC have kept Rock Centre there because it’s cheap and consistent (even though those consistent ratings are low). What’s the point of airing a more expensive new show on Thursday at 10, just to cancel it and then start a new show and then cancel that!

Comment by crimtv – May 13, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That begs the question — is it the timeslot or the show?

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO NBC! COMMUNITY ON THURSDAY’S!!!

Comment by Isaac – May 13, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And pair it with Parks and Rec again!

Comment by GDV – May 14, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad that Grimm didn’t improve timeslots…

Comment by KMeng – May 13, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Think of it as Blue Bloods syndrome. Simply put, a different time slot off of Friday would mean it’d need considerably better ratings versus harsher competition and would likely see it cancelled. However, on Fridays it found it’s niche and was able to do pretty good.

Comment by crazytoledo – May 13, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ya mean the 2012-13 season

Comment by Scott – May 13, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its disgusting that Awake has been cancelled. It was the best new show we’ve had in a long time.

Comment by Kelly Bruce – May 13, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I hope they at least wrap it up satisfactorily so we find out what was really going on – I predict he’s actually in a coma and neither reality is real; but would love to get a final wrap up just the same.

Comment by Dana – May 13, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very weak schedule — when 30 Rock, P&R and Community all get cancelled after next season, I will have ZERO shows on NBC.

Comment by PhillyWings – May 13, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community on Friday? It will be 30 Rock final season, why is it not on Friday? (I love 30 Rock but I love Comunity more)

Comment by anik – May 13, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! If its the final season of 30 Rock, it should have been on friday instead of Community.

Comment by amy – May 13, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not only that, but Community did better in the 8pm slot than 30 Rock. It’s a death slot anyway against, American Idol and BBT, but MAYBE Community’s ratings will go UP on Friday and we can get a back 9.

Comment by Benny – May 13, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh NBS is the worst. They Britta’d it again.

Comment by amy – May 13, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Britta’d, lol. NBS?

Comment by Nadine – May 13, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe she got it right – National Broadcasting S***

Comment by Bob – May 14, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess they’ve decided that Community isn’t getting another season. At least Fridays will have Fringe and Community.

Comment by houseboneslove – May 13, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is NBC Drunk Why is Community in a Friday Times Slot.. Its a Death Slot

Comment by Andres – May 13, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grimm’s doing well on Fridays. That show is sweet! The best show that I have seen on NBC in a long time. I wonder why the hell they have it on Fridays though, since it is considered the worst night to be airing a show.

Comment by Kellie – May 13, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not a death slot. Community will work on Fridays for the same reason Grimm, Fringe & Supernatural work on Fridays – because they have a smaller, but LOYAL following. People who watch Community are liable to watch it anywhere. Meanwhile, people that don’t are exposed to something new that might pick up new viewers or to 30 Rocl, whose audience grows as more people sample it in syndication. I watch neither, personally, do I’ve got no dog in the race so to speak, but I understand their logic.

Comment by Paul Rose Jr – May 13, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The sad thing is that Grimm, Fringe, and Supernatural are up against each other. Hello, networks? Every hear of counter-programming?

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community could very well get moved to another night during the season, depending on how the new shows do.

Comment by Mikaylah – May 13, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whitney is Community’s lead in? Really?! It’s like NBC doesn’t understand TV at all anymore.

Comment by Jacob – May 13, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! The two shows are NOTHING alike. 30 Rock or Parks and Rec were way better combos with Community.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – May 13, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NBC hasn’t understood TV or its viewers (especially those of us over 50) for a very long time now.

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • amen, why don’t they bring back the FIRM. Why did they let it end like it did tonight if they are not bringing it back.

Comment by Joyce Kennedy – July 15, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is what I’m wondering, too. I haven’t seen “Whitney”, but I know it’s a pretty divisive show and doesn’t always get the best reviews. So if it’s still not doing well at 8, I don’t know how that will be a good way to draw viewers in for “Community”.
      Meh. Anywho, odd spot for the show to land in, but I’ll definitely be watching it no matter where it goes. Here’s hoping they can buck the “death night” trend and the move does wind up turning out well for the series.

Comment by Angela – May 14, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Office is coming back? I’m surprised in a way. Ah well, nothing on this network for this girl so far… we’ll see when I get there in September…

Comment by Julie (@CDNspnFAN) – May 13, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I’m surprised about the Office, it’s been all over the place. Catherine Tate, yes! Also, I don’t like how the camera is Jim’s new “Pam”, with Pam looking wistful in the last few eps. Their rocking relationship is a staple of the show. Not the main focus anymore, but their exchanged looks should still be solid.

Comment by Nadine – May 13, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldn’t figure out what was seriously off with their dynamic this year. You just said it. The actor who plays Jim used the camera as his “new Pam.” He completely leaned on body language to convey what he use to show with solid exchanged looks. Just check out Season 7′s Christmas episode where Jim & Pam give each other gifts. You can see what a big difference one year made!

Comment by shelly – May 14, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • About the only new NBC show I care about is Chicago Fire. I have zero interest in a drama about Hannibal Lecter.

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Morons still watch the Office but wont give community a chance? its sickening how they treat this show if they put it after the office or after a program people actually watch some people would like the show. plus it starts syndication soon and shows always get more followers from that.

this is just stupid.

Comment by josh – May 13, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmm, Tuesday night looks good! so grateful “parenthood” was spared!

Comment by jen – May 13, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on the “The Munsters” reboot?

Comment by Geoff – May 13, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to Wikipedia it’s called Mockingbird Lane named after the street they live on and they took it off the schedule to give more attention to the show and it will premiere in 2013

Comment by Chad Cronin (@ChadCronin) – May 13, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t it called Mockingbird Lane now? I haven’t heard anything new about it lately. I assume it’s either for midseason or fall 2013.

Comment by Ken – May 13, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC clearly doesn’t deserve Community…

Comment by S. from A. – May 13, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every season I end up watching less and less NBC. Only Parenthood and Parks & Rec for me this year!

Comment by Becca – May 13, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • launching a show midseason DOES NOT WORK. Why do networks keep thinking this works?

Comment by ggny – May 13, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tell that to Grey’s Anatomy.

Comment by TV Gord – May 13, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah that was almost a decade ago, TV was totally different back then

Comment by Martina – May 13, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, you’re right about that, but viewers have also gotten used to shows being launched year-round (thanks to cable), so I don’t think it’s correct to say shows can’t succeed with a mid-season launch.

Comment by TV Gord – May 13, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly! Tell that to Happy Endings!

Comment by Audra – May 14, 2012 10:56 AM PDT
    • they are stuck in the “It worked for Greys’ Anatomy, maybe it will work for us too” theory.

Comment by Martin – May 13, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tell that to Castle.

Comment by Katie Hart (@waterfallbooks) – May 13, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just this season, tell that to Smash, Scandal, and Don’t Trust B In Apartment 23…

Comment by Alex – May 13, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Launching one works — but bringing back an existing scripted show for its second seasonin January is ridiculous.

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s just cruel to community……

Comment by M – May 13, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is Fear Factor coming back mid-season again?

Comment by Chad Cronin (@ChadCronin) – May 13, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s good to know someone else wants to know?

Comment by Patrick maloney – May 13, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY is NBC putting ‘Law & Order: SVU’ BACK on Wednesdays 9PM/8c?! That is just foolish right there when they’ve done that before TWICE and had to put it BACK to 10/9c! Parenthood should have moved to Wednesday and chuncked SVU back to Tuesday at 10. I watch both and I’d rather see Parenthood on Wednesday!

Comment by Jason W. – May 13, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU! If they want to leave SVU on Wednesday, fine. But why are they moving it back to 9:00?!?!?!? This network continues to baffle me.

Comment by Deena – May 13, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was wondering the same thing!! SVU doesn’t work in the 9PM slot. They use it like a back-up show. It’s like they sit back and say, whatever show doesn’t work in the 10PM slot we’ll just put SVU there.

Comment by Audra – May 14, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because they keep making the same failed moves over and over again. They fail to learn from their mistakes. Then again, that’s exactly what I expect from TV programmers. Geez — my dogs are smarter than the average network exec.

Comment by Kathy – May 14, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we begin a formal complaint petition? Please?

Comment by Alex – May 13, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only “The Voice” for me (and Smash when it returns). Unless some of the new shows have previews which actually look good. Which is doubftful.

Comment by Andrea – May 13, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice is going to be on in the fall? That soon? It just finished. I’m over it if it’s going to air that soon. Maybe I’ll watch the auditions when they air on E! over the weekends.

Comment by k – May 13, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t get why networks do this with reality shows, viewers need a break in between seasons. It’s why so you think you can dance lost so many viewers

Comment by misha – May 13, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just to early for the voice. I hated the judges choices through most of the ‘eliminations’ so it’s a ‘ no ‘ for me. One less thing on NBC for me. No procedurals or comedies, so that must mean no NBC for me. Not another J.J. Abrams tryout either, so no again. bye!

Comment by forrest – May 13, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One word to describe this schedule: Britta’d.

Comment by Malcolm – May 13, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So smash got a 13 episode pick up? :( I was hoping for a full season :(

Comment by vissy – May 13, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too. And we have to wait until mid-season? Grrrrrrr

Comment by Chloe – May 13, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Smash will have 16-18 or 19 episodes this season according to deadline Hollywood

Comment by Nick – May 13, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I looked over the list and realized that Community is the only show I even watch on NBC anymore. I’ve tried sticking with the Office, but that show really needs to be put out of its misery. Oh well, I will watch Community on whatever night it’s on.

Comment by Angie – May 13, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what NBC is going for. If they moved a show like Parks or The Office to friday, they would lose the fan base. i am starting to think that NBC knows what they are doing. The Hiatus made the ratings go up, and compared to other Friday night shows, Community’s ratings will look great. Here is to praying for a back 9 pickup =]

Comment by Danilo – May 13, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SVU at 9pm, really??. When has that ever worked.

Four nights of comedy, NBC. Really??

Are they trying to see which comedy nights sticks or something, i feel the only reason they are doing comedy on Friday is to stop or harm ABC TGIF chances if it happens.

My reaction while reading Thursday, yeah 30 Rock final season so might, MIGHT, have few extra eyeballs but why put Up All Night on after it, that show will not get past 13 episodes and if it does, shame on you,NBC. Shame on you.

The Office is obviously going to stay at 9pm and it really should be but probably won’t be its last season, Parks and Recreation kinda makes sense there especially if this is The Offices last season, P&R is probably the most likely of the returning comedies to be on the schedule in 2013/2014.

Rock Center with Brian Williams, a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! – Priceless. Maybe NBC thinks it is 42 days ago or something….

add it up, people.

Comment by Martin – May 13, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Moving Law & Order SVU to 9 pm is a bad idea. When they moved it to 9 pm when The Jay Leno Show was on at 10 pm the rating for SVU went down and even the stars of the show were complaining that it should go back to 10 pm. When Jay Leno’s 10 pm show was cancelled they moved it back to 10 and the ratings did better. Seems like NBC never learns from its mistakes.

Comment by rycki1138 – May 13, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, while i think The Biggest Loser will get the Voice Monday slot, if NBC tries to program two season of The Voice a year, they are idiots. It will fade pretty fast.

Comment by Martin – May 13, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I am confused my this. Two seasons in a year is pure overkill. Only thing I can think of is they wanted to air it in the fall so it can get all the focus on it’s own away from Idol in the spring.

I just hope Fox moves Bones back to Thursdays because I can’t do The Voice, 2 Broke Girls & Bones all on the same night.

Comment by Deena – May 13, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst schedule I’ve seen in quite a while. And why must we wait for Smash until January? Also, I know “The Voice” is a hit, but don’t you think two rounds a year is a bit much?

Comment by Tim – May 13, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC may have made a good decision with Community on Friday’s. I smell a full season, a final one unfortunately. Please move 30 Rock to Friday..They are desperate with having the voice on year round, I smell a death sentence with this show being on year round.

Comment by MichaelS – May 13, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that 30 ROCK is on for fall and not midseason this year. I really missed their Christmas episode last year.

Comment by TMW – May 13, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not that I have anything against The Office, but out of all the shows on that night, that’s the one that really has run its course. Community deserves to be on that day. If it gets canceled because of this, I hope fans spam the hell out of NBC.

Comment by Mitholas – May 13, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • another new 10:00 monday show? nothing can compete with castle!

Comment by Emmalee – May 13, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! And I’d rather tune into H50 is Castle not on or a repeat.

Comment by Andrea – May 13, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look at it this way, NBC knows 80% of Community’s audience doesn’t watch live anyway, and airing it on Thursday instead of Friday will make not change that. I’m glad we’re getting a fourth, and most likely final season. #4seasonsandaprettybow.

Comment by A.J.P. – May 13, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Grimm is staying on Fridays. I don’t know how well it’s hold up on a weekday…

Comment by This – May 13, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SVU is not a 9pm show. But now it is going to have to compete with American Idol, Criminal Minds and Modern Family? Are you kidding us, NBC?

Comment by M – May 13, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right now I only have two shows I watch on NBC – Parks and Rec and Parenthood. Was only at three prior with Harry’s Law. Though NBC is frustrating in the way it makes it’s schedules and in it’s cancellations- most networks are. I’ll hold off on judgement of new shows until I see previews or read real reviews. it’s hard to commit to a show when I know the network will yank it immediatley uf the ratings aren’t there. Revolution and Chicago Fire sound promising.

Comment by jasin – May 13, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s ridiculous to say Community is in a death slot. It’s still alive! I swear some people just HAVE to find something to complain about. I’m pleasantly surprised that the show hasn’t been cancelled, so I’m grateful to NBC for keeping it alive for another season. My glass is half full!

Comment by TV Gord – May 13, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community is getting what it deserves. It sucks and if it had been on any other network, it would not have lasted past the pilot. They should be thankful that NBC is desperate.
    Quite frankly, it can now die a slow, painful, friday night death.

Comment by JBS – May 13, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Community” and “Grimm” are an odd pairing, but at least the only two shows I watch or will be watching on NBC are on one right after the other so I don’t have to waste my time flipping to it on any other night. I mean, really, why are they trying to squeeze another season out of “30 Rock” or “The Office” in those better (or at least familiar) time slots when NBC should have the foresight to nuture the greats shows it has that aren’t long in the tooth.

Comment by Ashley – May 13, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post