The CW Renews Nikita For Season 3

The CW has picked up spy thriller Nikita for a third season.

Showrunner Craig Silverstein announced the news Friday, tweeting, “Um, don’t know if y’all are interested but Nikita season 3 is ON!!!”

RELATED | Fall TV Scoop: The CW Picks Carrie Diaries, Beauty and the Beast, Arrow and 2 Others

The series joins the already renewed 90210, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries. Rookie Hart of Dixie also received a pickup for a second season, while fellow newbies Ringer and The Secret Circle got the axe.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, News, Renewals

1. JD says:

WOOOOOHOOOO!!! BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD ALL DAY!!!

• Olivia says:

I know! I’m so happy about this, I thought we were a goner but we get another season! Thank god the best show on the CW is getting another season, good work, TPTB.

• greysfan says:

Me too. Now i can watch the finale today knowing its coming back. Awesome news. Sad about Secret Circle though.

• pria says:

OMG!!! It’s renewed! Yaay! More Alex next season please, she hasn’t had as big a role this season. Other than that, amazing season! What a cliffhanger tonight!

2. JC says:

Bad news for Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie

3. George says:

Happy Day, Oh HAPPY DAY!

4. kavyn says:

YES YES YES!!!!!!

5. John Berggren says:

Not looking good for RINGER.

6. Julie says:

YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!!

7. Sid says:

8. anil says:

that is STUPID. It gets a 0.4 demo

• Ryan says:

It averaged at 0.5 all season on a Friday night and when it dropped, it dropped to 0.4. It’s total viewers are still really high compared to other CW shows and, creatively, it’s the most intelligent show on the network. No other shows could survive on Fridays except “Nikita” and “Supernatural.” Besides, “Nikita” pulled higher ratings on Thursdays at 9:00 last year. The audience is there, but they’re not watching it live on Fridays at 8:00 (which isn’t unreasonable).

• Naomi says:

So do half of the CW’s other shows

9. Lotte says:

OMG this is amazing news :D woow

10. ryan says:

wrong choice CW, wrong choice…just i need for tonight is one another disaster Gossip Girl. Good show’s like Ringer, The Secret CIrcle and Hart of Dixie would be likely cancelled:(..OMG what a disaster network:(

• Julia says:

agreed. Ringer was by far one of the best shows the CW ever had…guess it was just too clever for some people out there as they seem to prefer other shows.

• Annie says:

I watch several CW shows and Nikita is by far the best one in terms of writing, acting, production, etc. I liked Ringer, but it was not “far too clever” for people. IMO it was far too soapy for a lot of viewers. And what are the chances that SMG really wants to do a second season while she’s pregnant?

• Anne says:

Agreed. It was definitely a show with a slow burn. While some people, like you and me, continue to watch it, a lot of people get turned off by how long certain resolutions take place, if any. Though, I do love how seriously the show took itself. It was an entertaining ride!

As for Nikita, it is by far my favorite show on The CW because it never disappoints. It has action, drama, comedy all in a smartly-written and even-paced show. Plus, a lead woman who kicks butt?! Yes, please!

• Moryssa says:

I loved Ringer, and am sad that it’s being cancelled, but there is no fantasy world in which I would call it “too clever”. LOL! It was my guilty-please nighttime soap opera. Just like Vampire Diaries is my Teenage Vampire Soap Opera show. :D (Words cannot express how happy I am to hear about Nikita, though!)

11. Jeff says:

YaYY! lol This make me very happy!

12. Kevin says:

When will CBS announce there canceled series

13. SLDA says:

YES!!!!!! So glad. Would like to see Hart of Dixie renewed too though.

14. starmaiden says:

any word on the Ringer

15. Pati D says:

Yay! I am sooooo fre@king excited!!

16. GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this show. Thanks CW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. smidnite says:

Happy, but surprised in light of all the new shows CW just picked up.

18. fra says:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY BEST NEWS EVER. I DIDN’T SEE THAT COMING ;))))

19. aidagda says:

Happy for Nikita, sad for the other series,

20. sarah says:

Well that is really bad news for the people that are not Nikita fans and that are fans of Ringer, HOD and TSC.
    Only 1 of those 3 will be renewed and it will be TSC

21. Jake says:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! today has been a really good day, all my shows are safe.

22. tvismyradio says:

Nooooo… as happy as I am for the fans of this show, it makes me really really really worried about Secret Circle. I don’t think its renewal chance look good now and I’m disappointed because the show has really come into its own. The back half of the season has been a blast to watch. I hope they axe Hart Of Dixie and Ringer (I’m 99.99999% sure they will) even though I love SMG.

23. Joe says:

I am STUNNED and elated!!!

24. Courtney says:

Still unhappy about Ringer…Good riddance to Secret Circle and Heart Of Dixie though…

25. Andy says:

OMGaddddd so excited

26. CJ says:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

27. Ducky says:

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS we can have nice things :3

28. Rob says:

CW Has 10 hours open per week. Unless some of those new shows the picked up which puts it at 5 + Vampire Diaries, 90210, Nikita & Supernatural takes up 9 of their 10 hours of prime time space. Which means that Gossip Girl by default would likely be #10 killing The Secret Circle & Hart of Dixie which royally sucks because both are great.

• Ryan says:

“Cult” is guaranteed to be 13 episodes at the most so that only takes up a spot for half the year. “Gossip Girl” will surely be 13 episodes at the most which only takes up a spot for half the year. So there’s really – at least – 11 hours of primetime space.

• taylor says:

GG would only be picked up for 13 episodes so HoD of TSC could be picked up for 13 also. And apparently CW wants to try “cable seasons.”

29. Renee says:

Congrats fans! I think I’ll get the season 1 DVD’s from Netflix and check it out.

30. Sally says:

YESSSS. BEST NEWS EVER!

31. Sareeta says:

Yes!!! I will even forgive CW for waiting SO LONG TO RENEW, because this news just made my day. I really don’t understand why more people don’t watch this show. Is it because it’s on the CW and they assume it’s a teeny-bopper show? It’s smart, fun, action-packed, and emotional.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to more Nikita, Michael, Alex, Birkhoff, and hopefully Sean, Ryan, and Owen next year. Oh, and Percy. Don’t care about Amanda.

• Anne says:

You’ve hit the nail on the head! It’s a shame that nontraditional CW shows like Nikita and Ringer aren’t getting more eyeballs. I wish people would just accept that The CW network does have its own share of really good, non-teenybopper shows.

32. llws88 says:

WWWOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! Nikita Season 3 needs to go hard or go offline! ahaha

33. ggny says:

surprising but im happy i liked season 1 but havent watched season 2 yet but i guess its time i do

34. Robin says:

Please say Ringer is next!!! PLEASE!!!

35. David says:

HORAY!!! I want to cry but I can’t because i’m so happy! THANK YOU CW!

36. Melissa says:

Still holding out hope for Hart of Dixie…

• sarah says:

Me too… I love HoD so it better be back! its a great show!!

• chm says:

If you guys read , hart of dixie was renewed, and ringer and secret circle are canceled.
      sorry for ringer fans, but it did the worst in ratings. I tried watching it but lost interest.
      I liked Secret Circle, but it seemed they were just making it up as they went along, no real plan for the season.
      I would like to have seen both Nikita and SC stay , but if I had to choose I would choose Nikita.
      I was hoping Nikita would get a 3RD SEASON, and now it has it!

37. theresa says:

YES!!! I’m so glad Nikita is coming back. Love the show & it just keeps getting better.

38. Jessica says:

YES! YES! YES! I was so scared all year this wouldn’t get a third season but when I checked the renewal list yesterday and saw it was listed as safe bet and read Maggie Q’s interview about wanting to atleast get a season 3 to wrap everything up I was hopeful so YES! Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, and Nikita are my favorite CW shows. I stopped watching Ringer, Secret Circle, & Hart of Dixie. The Cw just picked up like 4 or 5 new shows so probably a good thing I never caught up on them.

39. sarah says:

I love Ringer, but I can live if its cancelled. But they better renew HofD because I am obsessed with that show. I will cry a thousand tears if it doesnt get renewed! I am happy about the Nikita news because Shane West deserves a good show!!! :) I dont watch it but I might have to start ;)

40. Sarahjane says:

YESS NIKITA!!
    BEST NEWS OF MY DAY! :)

41. Sandta says:

Great news, so happy for Nikita crew, they deserve it.

42. Alex says:

Why? I love Shane West but even he isn’t enough reason to watch this. Meh. Congrats to the fans though. :)

43. Nikita Fan says:

Yesssssssss! My day is now extremely better!

44. JC says:

WOW! I had already written the show off as a goner, and was prepared to try and savor the 2 or 3 eps that were left. When it comes to TV renewals, between this, Fringe, and Chuck last year, I feel like I’ve used up all my good luck for a decade!

45. I’m SUCH a nerd, but I just cried happy tears and did a happy dance for Nikita’s renewal! One of my favorites :D

46. Brandy says:

Nikita’s a good show, but it dosent deserve renwal ratings wise.It gets 0.4s now, Ill be laughing my butt off when it’s 0.1 this time next year and hopefully gets pulled.Its too far away from syndication. It’s too bad Mark Pedowitzs favoritism is in play, he deserves to be fired and CW shut down for renewing the lowest rated cw show.

• you know says:

OOh,Brandy,You’re here,I just wanna say to you……SUCK IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

• JC says:

Pedowitz saw how good the quality of Nikita is and he rewarded the fans by renewing it so suck it as well :P

47. Sarah says:

Awesome news!!! Nikita is really underrated. It’s one of the better shows on TV. The plot lines are slick, action is incredible and Shane West and Maggie Q are brilliant. So glad I get to watch for another year

• Jazzy Jaz says:

One of the best shows on TV if you ask me I agree with you. Slick lines, action suspense and storyline, it is an amazing show! I cant wait to see Amanda, she plays a perfect villian role!! Go Nikita 3rd season, yeh!! Love it!!!!

48. albtrex says:

YES, YES, YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I hope they give us more Ryan and more Owen!!!! :D

49. elaniel says:

So happy! I think this is the first year almost all the shows I love have been renewed. I honestly thought Nikita was a goner. Already had great luck with seeing P&R, Community, and Cougar Town renewals. Now Nikita?! I couldn’t be happier!

50. NIKITA says:

WOW! YES!!!! NIKITA SEASON 3!