ABC Renews Scandal For Season 2

Scandal RenewedABC has given the green light to a second season of Scandal.

Executive producer Shonda Rhimes confirmed the news on Twitter just moments ago. “Am super proud to say that Scandal has been picked for a 2nd season!!! Am doing a little dance of joy.”

Rhimes then added that she’s “still waiting to hear” about the fate of her other ABC bubble series Private Practice, which is expected back for a 13-episode final season. Other ABC shows still on the bubble include Last Man Standing, Don’t Trust The B—– in Apartment 23, Body of Proof and GCB.

RELATED | ABC Renews Dancing With the Stars, Shark Tank and Bachelor

Scandal joins previously-renewed Alphabet series Grey’s AnatomyCastleThe MiddleModern Family, Happy Endings, Suburgatory, Revenge and Once Upon a Time.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with all the news.

1. Thilia says:

I need Body of Proof news. PLEASE

• greysfan says:

Yeah me too. I am praying but i have a feeling it will be cancelled. Great news about Scandal though. Love this show and it can only grow from here.

• Martina says:

Body of Proof has been renewed @ABC_Publicity #PrivatePractice and #BodyOfProof have been renewed for another season!

2. R says:

yeay! Scandal is getting good!

ABC, just renew Private Practice and GCB .. pretty please!?

3. Well deserve but I prefer Private Practice come on season 6 & I need season 3 of Body of Proof

4. Yay for Scandal. Well deserved.

5. Shenae says:

What about PP?

6. Saratov says:

Give the green light for the second season of “The Secret Circle”!!!

7. Bobbi says:

Great news, especially after last night’s show. But, need Private Practice and Body of Proof too!

8. the girl says:

YES! Now we just need a PP renewal and I will be happy!!

9. lyn says:

Good news. This show is actually starting to get interesting.

10. Jake says:

This show has gotten better every episode, glad it got picked up! now lets hope we get a 6th and final season of Private Practice!!

11. jenna says:

great news! Scandal’s quickly become “can’t miss tv” for me :)

12. Coco says:

Very excited! Any word on whether it’s a full season of 22? Or another State of Play style shorter season?

13. L says:

COME ON PRIVATE PRACTICE!!!! COMMMMME ON!!! all the shows i watch, and thats alot of shows, have been renewed. thats the only one hanging on. ahhhhhhhhh!

14. Emma says:

Yes, love Scandal, is it gonna be for a full season or how many episodes?

15. ABC says:

RENEW GCB PLEASE!

16. Lorie says:

Awesome news!

17. Kelly says:

Please renew BOP and I will be happy with all the networks!!! PLEASE PLEASE

18. B says:

Deadline is reporting a GCB cancellation, shame that they’re canning a show that has potential but it looks like it’ll be replaced with Nashville.

19. anon o mouse says:

Scandal is so watchable it’s hypnotic. And never expected the series to be quite this high quality. Also, perfectly cast, perfect lead couple.
    It is as if they merged the soap aspects of The Good Wife with West Wing. Shocked way more people aren’t watching. Not sure how ABC will grow it, but word of mouth should be helping. Just a stellar old fashioned soap done to perfectly.

• sonja says:

I had the exact same thought! The little meltdown the VP C of S reminded me of Josh. I still miss the West Wing and May 10th’s episode has me hooked!

20. Russ says:

Scandal is great I want to know more about these crazy characters!!!

21. Elena says:

Good show so wonder about the numbers. GA and PP fans miffed? They should be watching but whatever. But ABC and Rhimes have to remember……fans have long, long memories.

22. Manie says:

HELL YEAH!!!! That news made me scream like a maniac when I read it!!! GOOD ON YOU ABC!!! That show is CRAZY!!!!!

23. Tania says:

Scandal is the first Shonda Rhimes series that I enjoy. I’m glad that it has been picked up.

24. Thilia says:

They just need to change ABC to all Shonda all the time. Seriously, the woman has way too many shows on the air right now and Grey’s and PP are suffering because of it.

• I wish Scandal had been canceled. First of all, I can’t stand lawyers. Secondly, they just about screwed Private Practice to give it a spot, which has been the strongest Shonda Rhimes series, with an AMAZING cast, a far better acting and plotline than the infantile Grey’s Anatomy crisis… It’s my favorite… It’s so unfair if they only give it 13 episodes for this crap.

• Manie says:

They are not lawyers, they are Gladiators in suit! :D (I couldn’t resist, but seriously, they are lawyers yes, but the show has nothing to do with that)

• Zawadi says:

Haha I LOVED you for that. And you’re right. They are lawyers, but it’s not a show about law it’s about crisis management and I can’t wait to have more of everyone’s personal lives and demons revealed

25. Laura says:

really really want another season of Private Practice….like Body of Proof too…bummed about GCB and TSC

26. Margaret says:

yes!!! so happy!!! also, note to Revenge, Scandal’s episode last night (AMAZING) is how you do a flashback episode! I was on the edge of my seat!

• Olivia says:

WOW! I totally agree with you. Those cliffhangers keep me wanting more. All my friends are talking about how they cannot wait to the next week.

27. epjayprc says:

So happy about scandal!!!

28. llws88 says:

Im so stoked for the Scandal team! ALL my shows have been renewed….Fall 2012 television….LEGGO!

29. cuius says:

Good news – pity the first season is so short – was a slow starter and is just getting into its stride

30. bad kevin says:

Guess Scandal has become a better Shonda Rhimes produced series than Off the Map.

31. M says:

Thank god! This weeks show was heartwrenchingly amazing.

32. Simonea Q says:

SCANDAL is the best show. It keeps you guessing & I love those not quite right characters that fit so well together. I prayed for this show to return because Scandal & Body of Proof are 2 non cable series I favor heck if ABC keeps this up I may tolerate commercial channels even more.

33. Teresa says:

great!!!!! I love this show

34. Rach says:

I Absolutly LOVE SCANDAL!!!! CaNT miss a single show!!! Just watched the finale n I’m pissed I dnt know when season 2 starts!!!! It left me hanging to bad!! WHEN IS IT COMING BCK! I’m addicted!
    ANSWERS PLEASE!

35. DeAfricka McDaniel says:

I LOVE SCANDAL I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON. THIS SHOW GAVE ME HOPE; WHEN I THOUGHT GOOD TELEVISION SHOWS WERE DONE THIS SHOW CAME ABOUT.

36. bbeyes says:

Scandal is even better when you go back and watch the episodes a second time-either online or Prime Time on Demand. You pick upp on so many things you missed the first time.

37. Sunshyne says:

SCANDAL IS THE BEST SHOW, ever!!! I think that I’ve watched each episode at least ten time. Doesn’t even bore you. I love Fitzgerald and Olivia together. Such chemistry!!! Please renew.

38. Sunshyne says:

*times.

39. Teresa says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW CAN’T WAIT THE SEASON 2, I LOOK FORWARD TO FITZ AND LIV ENCOUNTERS.

40. cc says:

I love scandel. Kerry washington & Tony are awesome. I love the music and chemistry. Please send me a picture of the cast. I love Tony Goldwyn. He looks presidential. I love the way that Kerry is dressed. Thank u & can’t wait

41. serendipity says:

Thank you for bringing Scandal back and I hope Private Practice. comes back as well. Love …… these shows. They are must see TV. Hope Scandal has many season renewals. Perfect casting.

42. marsha crowder says:

Thank You!! For Scandal and Shonda Rhimes!! I Love all Three!! But That Scandal!! Oh Honey! You hit the BAll RIGHT OUT OF THE PARK!! Love You!!